IGNORED

The Hawkins Family

General Jinjur

OK Gary,

Maybe the LORD is saying "no" to a racist, no-talent, illiterate, faux Christian having a new Motorhome home without putting out any work for it and just basically begging for  money money money. Perhaps the Lord is saying, Gary, get a damn JOB

sis.May

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok folks, this is one of my favorite things. Yay Plexus.

Spoiler

Screenshot_2017-09-05-16-10-04-2.png.7d563421d8ae5f8d38628019dac8cb3c.png

8 minutes ago, pook said:

Ok folks,

*snipped*

OMG!  The Hawk and I have a real life friend in common.

Holy crap! I've got a friend in common with him too. The horror!

Sis Jinjur

@Lurky Sis. Lurker. I will join you in the beer and snark. I said I would never look at his FB page again but with a few beers in me I might be able to. 

Sis. Dancing Phalanges 

editing to add that there are two younger children, Jacob appears to be placed with a family member, Krystal Hawkins, her FB page gives some updates on him. I don't know where Sophia is, she was last mentioned when Carly had the car accident.

OK, true confession time.  Praise Rufus, one of my SiLs always has a crock pot of little weenies in kind of a sweetish BBQ sauce ready for guests when she hosts family events.  I LOVE them.  AFAIK, these are peculiar to her and are not a regional delicacy.  Bro Hawkins version? Just no. 

Sis Howl

Ok folks,

At least Sis Becky Hawkins is more honest than our very own queasy JillR. She says outright that Plexus is a Pyramid scheme!!! Jill may be severely annoyed by this. Ha ha!!

Sis Gobsmacked. (With a cold beer)

7 minutes ago, Howl said:

OK, true confession time.  Praise Rufus, one of my SiLs always has a crock pot of little weenies in kind of a sweetish BBQ sauce ready for guests when she hosts family events.  I LOVE them.  AFAIK, these are peculiar to her and are not a regional delicacy.  Bro Hawkins version? Just no. 

Sis Howl

Where I live that crockpot weenie recipe includes grape jelly. 

8 minutes ago, Howl said:

Cocktail weenies are a real thing, at least! I've seen them at parties a lot since moving to Wisconsin, but I think they're served/made all over the country (Superbowl and Christmas parties for sure!). I'm convinced that milk gravy weenie mess is a Hawkins' original. Pleh! Blech! Plck! 

15 minutes ago, MayMay1123 said:

Maybe the LORD is saying "no" to a racist, no-talent, illiterate, faux Christian having a new Motorhome home without putting out any work for it and just basically begging for  money money money. Perhaps the Lord is saying, Gary, get a damn JOB

Isn't it funny how Fundies never seem to consider this option?  See also J Shrader, D Dillard, J Rod moving up the Plexus ladder etc etc etc.  I guess it works like this:

• I got what I wanted = Praise Jesus God has blessed me by answering my prayers!
  • I didn't get what I wanted = Satan is working against me
  • Something bad happens to someone/where I don't like = God's punishing them
  • Something bad happens to me/people I like = Satan/they need God's prayers

I know, I now, human nature and all, but it fascinates me.  Bro Gary's motorhome breaking down couldn't possibly be a message from God, could it?

4 minutes ago, DancingPhalanges said:

Where I live that crockpot weenie recipe includes grape jelly.

I'm utterly gobsmacked.  How does that even work?  But then, why not?

Way the heck back when, I went to a BBQ place that was super crowded, so we went to the beer joint next door to wait for our table.  There were some women in there drinking Big Red soda and beer, mixed together.  It was considered kind of a daring, upscale ladies drink, if that tells you anything about the place. 

Sis Howl

Bro Hawkins is a pal of Jody Hodnett. Just been off to check. I knew I had heard his name somewhere. Jody/Ginger/someone reads FJ. This might be fun.:pizza:

Pizza would go really nicely with my beer. Sadly the fridge is bare.

I don't be know much about these people but I am a little uncomfortable snarking on people's personal FB pages?

I could understand if it was a public website or YouTube?

I am very uncomfortable with the idea of people trying to find JRod's FB friends and snark on them...

Am I the only one that finds this wrong?

I have just learned I can no longer use the word "folks" which I do all the time. 

I can no longer because, while I can't change what else I have in common with him (white, Southern), I can change my frequent use of that word. 

@luv2laugh I don't understand, facebook is a public website, isn't it?  These are public posts anyone can see, not private/friends only - eg I can see it all without following them.

It's against the FJ rules to screenshot private FB pages, but I'm a bit confused how it is bad form to snark on this case of people begging for money in public, but fine to talk about John Shrader/Derek Dillard/the eleventy other grifters who we talk about every day of the week.

3 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

I don't be know much about these people but I am a little uncomfortable snarking on people's FB pages?

I am very uncomfortable with the idea of people trying to find JRod's FB friends and snark on them...

Probably. How is it any different than snarking on Jill? Just like the Rods, they have a public FB page, a public website, and they travel around begging the public for money all the time.

6 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

I don't be know much about these people but I am a little uncomfortable snarking on people's personal FB pages?

I don't understand your line of thinking. No snark, really, I just don't understand why it's problematic. These people are posting publicly for all to see. 

Is it Facebook that bothers you? It's ok if it's a website but not Facebook (which is just as public as a website)? Or just that they're "new" to the FJ party unlike Lori, the Rods, et al? 

33 minutes ago, General Jinjur said:

Holy crap! I've got a friend in common with him too. The horror!

I have a mutual friend with him too! Apparently he friends everyone. He has almost 5,000 friends! 

29 minutes ago, Howl said:

I'm utterly gobsmacked.  How does that even work?  But then, why not?

Way the heck back when, I went to a BBQ place that was super crowded, so we went to the beer joint next door to wait for our table.  There were some women in there drinking Big Red soda and beer, mixed together.  It was considered kind of a daring, upscale ladies drink, if that tells you anything about the place. 

Sis Howl

Ok folks

A recipe for cocktail wieners including grape jelly. 

https://www.thespruce.com/crock-pot-little-smokies-with-grape-jelly-sauce-3054466

Sis. Dancing Phalanges 

P.S. On every corner where I grew up was a convenience store that sold Big Red soda. It's like a cream soda that is red. I haven't thought about that in a long time. 

26 minutes ago, Howl said:

Sis Howl

One of my favorite recipes- equal parts Heinz Chili Sauce and Grape Jelly. Dump it in the crock pot and pour in the Lil Smokies. Heat till sauce is smooth and lil smokies are warmed through. No lie. But it sure is delish.

And, as a dyed in the wool honest to god Southerner, I can say with confidence that NO self respecting southerner would eat that nasty pink mess, nor would they call hotdogs "weens".  He is what my grandmother would have called "common". Blech.  And I'm guessing this uneducated man is "homeschooling" those kids... poor things.

13 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

We mostly snark on Jill's public Facebook page and found her through her friendship with the Bates..... 

What is the difference? 

ETA: Not being snarky, just wondering why one is okay in your mind but the other isn't. 

9 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

What is in Big Red soda? That combination sounds gruesome. Just the thing to wash down delicious helpings of Pink Weenie Gravy.

Sis G-S

Big Red must be regional. It's here in the midwest. We also say Big Red pop instead of soda ;-)

4 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

We mostly snark on Jill's public Facebook page and found her through her friendship with the Bates..... 

What is the difference? 

ETA: Not being snarky, just wondering why one is okay in your mind but the other isn't. 

Yup. Dude calls himself an evangelist. He wants to reach people. So he reached us.

ETA I love cocktail weens in that sweet, sweet sauce. Someone always makes those for our work potlucks.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived