IGNORED

Maxwell 12: Eleven years of blogging, still got nothing to say

samurai_sarah

3 minutes ago, Coconutwater said:

I love that she announces how they are gaining a new son, how much they love John, and how much FUN they are having planning their wedding

Now I hope that all goes well, but the mention of "fun" brings up Liz and her family, who also liked to have fun and we know how that all ended.

Seriously, I hope that the Maxwells don't get too weird about this wedding planning because I can't help it was during the course of wedding and house planning that scared Liz off.   Maybe Steveovah should just retire to the basement and come out when it's all over.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, nokidsmom said:

Seriously, I hope that the Maxwells don't get too weird about this wedding planning because I can't help it was during the course of wedding and house planning that scared Liz off. 

Yep.  Let us all hope that Chelsy knows about the damp in the split level, that John consults her (instead of his family) about colors and finishes, and that the female Maxwells refrain from buying bird houses for the rehearsal dinner until after they consult with the bride.

And that John has promised Chelsy freedom of fashion choices, a social life outside the Max family, and plenty of contact with her family - and follows through!

14 minutes ago, nokidsmom said:

Now I hope that all goes well, but the mention of "fun" brings up Liz and her family, who also liked to have fun and we know how that all ended.

Seriously, I hope that the Maxwells don't get too weird about this wedding planning because I can't help it was during the course of wedding and house planning that scared Liz off.   Maybe Steveovah should just retire to the basement and come out when it's all over.

I feel like the Bontragers know them well enough. They've been friends for years. Chelsey must feel she can handle them. 

I see Rebecca Eleventy!!!!! Commented on Chelsy's announcement with her congrats. Didn't Rebecca love the Maxwells? 

6 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I see Rebecca Eleventy!!!!! Commented on Chelsy's announcement with her congrats. Didn't Rebecca love the Maxwells? 

Yup.  I think she had a thing for Smug Joe.  I just thought of something, we are going to be subject to Prissy Chris's awful picture taking.  Please Bontragers hire a real photographer!

1 minute ago, SPHASH said:

Yup.  I think she had a thing for Smug Joe.  I just thought of something, we are going to be subject to Prissy Chris's awful picture taking.  Please Bontragers hire a real photographer!

I would ask him to be a groomsman so I could avoid his photography. 

Well color me surprised. I know there was some speculation, but I really didn't think this was a relationship. I've been reading Chelsey's blog for a LONG time and I never really thought she was too into wearing skirts, but just did it to "honor her Father." And by not thinking she was too into it I mean IIRC, she said in a comments section she didn't have a conviction but followed along because of her Father.

It seems that Chelsy is a photographer too, based on what I've seen on her blog. She has a "Photography" category (under "Labels") and her work looks pretty nice. That alone is enough to make Pristopher disapprove of her, I'm sure.  We can't have a non-family female moving in on his territory.  

32 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Chelsey must feel she can handle them. 

If so, Chelsy (the correct spelling of her appallingly misspelled name) probably has no idea what she is getting into.  Or she is in denial. Or she is superwoman. 

The Maxwells are as enmeshed as fuck.  I wish Chelsy Renee luck.  We would all love John to break free, but talk about baggage!  The families may have known each other for years, but in restrictions and life style they are quite far apart. 

And don't discount Steve.  He is the fun-killer.  

Seriously, I doubt this is the love match of the century.  Probably more of a lust match.    John and Chelsy probably haven't spent that much time alone so I doubt they can be in "love."  They have probably done the scratch and sniff test, talked about favorite Bible texts, and done the questionnaires. 

I also wonder whether it is possibly a slight desperation match on Chelsy's part.  She's 26 and still stuck joyfully (or joylessly) at home.

Yes, John Maxwell is somewhat studly but I think she could have done better.  I do hope it works out for her.  She's taking on a nightmare of dysfunction with the Maxwells.

Lets not be fooled by her eyeliner and exposed knees. Chelsy Bontrager is still as ignorant and hateful as the Maxwells. 

She can suck my sodomite-agenda-supporting lady balls.  

Screenshot 2017-10-09 at 6.11.00 PM.png

7 minutes ago, spookytwoshoes said:

Chelsy Bontrager is still as ignorant and hateful as the Maxwells. 

Of course she is.  If she were not, John Maxwell would not have progressed to the scratch and sniff stage.  :confusion-shrug:

Scratch and sniff sounds awfully, ahem, innuendo-filled... 

I'll send myself to the prayer closet.

I understand that Steve is the fun killer and a control freak but Chelsy seems rather sure of herself and outspoken. I imagine that is a quality that John was drawn to since he probably rarely sees it in "meek is beautiful" fundie land. I might be totally wrong but I have a feeling that these two will be more like Joe and Elyssa and keep a smidge more "distance." Chelsy is 26, has worked a real job, and must have more confidence than most fundie girls. 

Let me dreeeeeeeeam just a little bit longer. 

Damn, I am shocked. I really had hoped John would be the one to cut and run. Too bad. I hope he and Chelsey are happy. 

Interesting that it is not on the Maxwell blog yet. 

5 hours ago, BullyJBG said:

I was just thinking of that. And how strategic it was to plan the wedding for the day before, so they could be on their way to their honeymoon......

Come to think of it, what did the other couples do for their honeymoons? I never remember talking about it. 

1 minute ago, nausicaa said:

Come to think of it, what did the other couples do for their honeymoons? I never remember talking about it. 

Probably Colorado :-/

2 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

Probably Colorado.  Its the only Coward Steve approved destination they can go to for what some might call a vacation.  I remember Crazy Eyed Nate and Wonder Woman Melanie went there.

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Let me dreeeeeeeeam just a little longer. 

So long as you know it is just a dream.  Honest, you sound a bit like a "Derrick is soooo going to rescue Jill Duggar" fangirl at the moment. 

And we know how that turned out. :playful2:

I'd love for John to break free.  But the likelihood is that poor Chelsy (who does have a spark along with many icky beliefs) is going to turn into:

• a complete nonentity like Elissa (who is probably scorned by the Maxhellions because she hasn't pumped out baby #2 on schedule),
  • a Happy California Cow like NR Anna,
  • or a fully absorbed Borg member like Melanie. 

And Chelsy will have to embrace schedules and bibs, like a good little Maxhellion.

Probably Colorado.  Its the only Steve approved destination they can go to for what some might call a vacation.

Knowing the Maxwells the entire family will go with them to hike a 14’er and take photos of the newlyweds on their honeymoon. 

Hi Steve-o. :hi:

1 hour ago, nokidsmom said:

Agreed. Wedding planning is already tense between normal families, it's the perfect opportunity for Steve's obsessive control and "my way or the highway" attitude to come out. It will be interesting to see how this works out. John seems the likeliest groom to stand up to his father, and Chelsy the likeliest bride to want something a bit different from the Maxwell wedding standard of a teeshirt dress and a church snack reception. You KNOW that girl loves Pinterest.

Also, "sodomite agenda." Ugh. Chelsy, just as you were luring me in with your spunkiness and cute shoes. To Leavenworth with you. 

You know the Bontrangers will have a spread with lots of good food and desserts. If I remember correctly, the Maxwells do serve meals at their receptions. They’re not like the Duggars. 

2 minutes ago, divadivine said:

You know the Bontrangers will have a spread with lots of good food and desserts. If I remember correctly, the Maxwells do serve meals at their receptions. They’re not like the Duggars. 

They just had a triple wedding weekend and SONS got married. Which means their family shouldn't need to do as much of the planning (traditionally). But NOPE! They held it at their farm and and served a full meal and everything. I bet this wedding will be at the Bontrager church and they will have to rent some sort of reception hall since it's winter. Steve can't get into all the planning details if it's states away. And Chelsy seems like a mega planner. She's going to want this wedding "just so."

Who wants to bet Griselda Teri and Coward Steve will micromanage the wedding rehearsal dinner like Nate and Melanie's.

Who wants to bet Griselda Teri and Coward Steve will micromanage the wedding rehearsal dinner like Nate and Melanie's.

They probably will. They have to control something so why not that!!  

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived