IGNORED

Maxwell 12: Eleven years of blogging, still got nothing to say

samurai_sarah

!!!!!!!!!!

I don't follow the Bontragers. I think I'm going to have to start.

And aren't the Maxwells the ones who don't believe in anyone having their own bedroom? What are they going to do with Jesse as the only son left at home? Is he engaged too as someone said above?

And c'mon Steve, marry off your daughters already!

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In other news Wonder Woman Melanie's post is up.

Just now, meee said:

!!!!!!!!!!

I don't follow the Bontragers. I think I'm going to have to start.

And aren't the Maxwells the ones who don't believe in anyone having their own bedroom? What are they going to do with Jesse the only one left at home? Is he engaged too as someone said above?

And c'mon Steve, marry off your daughters already!

Correct on the bedroom thing.  Guess Forgotten Jesse will have to bunk with his parents.

10 minutes ago, nokidsmom said:

I wonder if Chelsea has any idea of the crazy she's marrying into.   

I think she must have an inkling.  Their best bet is to get as far away from Steve and Teri as they can and I'm not sure 0.7 of a mile will do it.  I hope they make a run for it.

Steve must be steaming a little.  John is described as Chelsy's boyfriend, they are touching, and Chelsy isn't dressed modestly enough for Steve.  So much for courtship, dourtship, and dating.

4 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

In other news Wonder Woman Melanie's post is up.

Correct on the bedroom thing.  Guess Forgotten Jesse will have to bunk with his parents.

It's been pretty obvious that John hasn't been around much lately so maybe Jesse has gotten used to bunking alone. Or he sleeps on Steve and Teri's bedroom floor in a sleeping bag when John is away. 

10 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

bet Steve is grinding his teeth with frustration that he can't control the flow of information.

First thought I had when I read the announcement is that Steveovah must be pissed that the cat was let out of the bag.  Funny that they are still silent, seems rather ridiculous but maybe they are busy having Sarah craft some painfully joyless statement that they will post....eventually.

I'm so glad he's marrying a Bontrager because they spill EVERYTHING. Chelsey will blog wedding details and I guarantee she will have it live streamed on their blog. 

Haha Steve! LIVE STREAMED. 

2 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

I think she must have an inkling.  Their best bet is to get as far away from Steve and Teri as they can and I'm not sure 0.7 of a mile will do it.  I hope they make a run for it.

Steve must be steaming a little.  John is described as Chelsy's boyfriend, they are touching, and Chelsy isn't dressed modestly enough for Steve.  So much for courtship, dourtship, and dating.

I hope she does and maybe John, after seeing what happened to his brother, quietly has decided to do things on his terms.

Or maybe Steveovah, after years of tying himself and his family in spiritual and emotional knots, doesn't have the energy for it anymore.  That would be a good thing for all concerned.

Who thinks there will be three newly pregnant Bontrager sisters in law at this wedding? 

*raises hand*

And if Jesse doesn't snap up Allison Bontrager, I'm hoping it's Stephen Wissman. He's the only single adult Wissman boy left. The Bontragers and Wissmans are such good friends that there has to be a match in there somewhere. 

17 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It's been pretty obvious that John hasn't been around much lately so maybe Jesse has gotten used to bunking alone. Or he sleeps on Steve and Teri's bedroom floor in a sleeping bag when John is away. 

I've wondered that (about the sleeping bag) but surely that's not sustainable long-term if Jesse isn't marrying any time soon? Could they send him away to be an uncle-dad and share a room with Joshua and Daniel?

(Don't get any ideas, Steve.)

I saw a comment on Chelsey's blog that she expected this would happen but she's didn't expect it so soon. 

Now I'm very curious as to how long they've officially been dating. 

Wow. I was so sure it would be Jesse next. Do we know where the Bontragers were during the mission trip John and the girls took?

A dress that shows knee? Touching before marriage? BOYFRIEND?!?! A Maxwell son had a GIRLFRIEND? A Maxwell DATED?!

Wooooooow. Go John go!

I know nothing about the B family. What's their story?

Melanie has been absorbed into the Borg.  Words, words, and more words, but she can write decently.  Skill sets and discipline for the first couple paragraphs the she gets to the meat.

One thing that I know helps me be a better homeschool mom is to remove distractions when I am teaching! A big thing for me is my phone. My goal is to keep my phone on the kitchen counter and do a quick check between subjects to see if Nathan has texted.

Sounds quite simple.  How about suggesting to Nathan that he doesn't text during school hours too.  Or don't respond to his texts.  There's a thought.

I work to ignore other communication from family and friends until lunch, and the same for the afternoon—ignore texts until school is done for the day.

Why is this work?  

Though I’m sure this can be a frustration for those working to communicate with me, people quickly learn my texting style and accept it.

Why not just tell people upfront that you don't respond to communications during school hours and why.  So passive aggressive.

For most communication with friends, I use email. That doesn’t have the same expectation of immediate response as texting currently holds.  

So do I.  I also tell people that I do not text.  Call, if it is a real emergency, or email.  They deal with it.

Just tell people that you don't answer the phone or respond to texts during school hours but if it is a true emergency call Steve, Terri, or any of the any of the other relatives that are living next door and they can run over and let her know. Or if they have a house phone with an answering machine tell people to call that number for emergencies.  It really doesn't seem that complicated. 

8 minutes ago, VodouDoll said:

A dress that shows knee? Touching before marriage? BOYFRIEND?!?! A Maxwell son had a GIRLFRIEND? A Maxwell DATED?!

Wooooooow. Go John go!

I know nothing about the B family. What's their story?

They are an ex-Mennonite singing and traveling family of 12. On Labor Day weekend, 2 of their sons married two sisters (Bowers) on a Friday in a double wedding and their other brother married a girl the next day. So the 3 oldest Bontrager boys got married within 24 hours. They work hard because of their Mennonite roots and Chelsey even lived and managed the family Inn this year. Chelsey has a blog and the Bontragers have a blog. You will get a lot of info from those two places because they blog a lot and are pretty open. 

OMG John is marrying a woman with a job outside the home?

I am speechless. Just speechless. What would Steve circa 2002, author of all those controlling Dad's Corners, think of this?

4 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

I dashed over here hoping that Sarah was engaged. Ho Hum. May be next time! 

I'm still hoping John David will fly his plane, snatch her in the middle of the night, and they will elope to Branson, MO for a secret wedding. 

What was the point of Melanie's blog post? She puts her phone away while she's teaching. Hot take, Mel. Nobody else ever thought of that before.

For real, I don't get it. Four paragraphs to say, "Don't check your phone at work?"

For some reason, even though we've been speculating about a Bontrager-Maxwell match, I still feel shocked to hear about Chelsy and John. Maybe because while the Bontragers are deeply fundie and match the Maxwells with smugness, unawareness of their own ignorance, etc., they do nevertheless enjoy sport, the girls wear trousers and wear makeup etc - which we all know are things Steve disapproves of. There's also the fact that the Bontragers are farmers, and enjoy farming, whereas the Maxwells are urban.

I'm also surprised that it's Chelsy rather than Allison. Chelsy says herself on her blog that she's outspoken, speaks her mind and so on, and just generally seems to have more attitude than your standard submissive fundie maiden - whereas it was Allison who wrote that blog post about nurturing her brothers' manhoods (heh) and seems more stereotypically fundie. 

I just feel sad for Chelsy, really. I find her obnoxious at times but still wouldn't have wished MaxHell on her. I don't see how she could be happy removed from her family she loves so much, removed from farm life, and most likely 'convicted' of not wearing trousers, makeup etc anymore. She'll lose her spark, I'm willing to bet. 

It is classic Maxwell.  Complicating the simplest little things and then praising each other for finding an obvious solution.  Sarah has "long admired" the way Melanie "deals with technology." 

Translation: Melanie puts her phone on the kitchen counter while she home schools.  :laughing-rollingred:

I don't think the Bontrager girls wear pants much. They mostly wear skirts. I think they only wear pants when necessary. But they do wear skirts that show their knees and Chelsey wears a lot of eyeliner (I wish she used a little less like Allison) and they do their hair so nice sometimes. They have great hair and know how to do some really pretty braiding.

I wonder how the Bontragers will deal with Chelsey being states away. Their boys all still live near them so it's not as big of a transition. Hopefully John and Chelsey spend some holidays at the Bontragers instead of the Maxwells. That would piss Steve off! 

5 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

It is classic Maxwell.  Complicating the simplest little things and then praising each other for finding an obvious solution.  Sarah has "long admired" the way Melanie "deals with technology." 

Translation: Melanie puts her phone on the kitchen counter while she home schools.  :laughing-rollingred:

I keep my phone in the car when I'm walking a client. I keep it with me if I'm excepting a phone call.

I wouldn't get too excited about John having been Chelsy's 'boyfriend'. I suspect that that's just the term she uses for courtship partner. I don't doubt that they had a courtship that was fully fundie in its essential details.

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

omg we speculated right! December 30th!

IMG_4890.PNG

And I'm guessing John did go with the three maxwell sisters to the homeschool family conference at the Bontragers. I didn't see a picture of John or chelsey in their whole series of pics. Probably because they were all snuggled up close and obviously dating. 

We said Chelsey would be approved by Steve because of her hard work ethic but she's been working! How shocking. Steve must've been beside himself when she was running the family inn. Thankfully her brother took it over. Poor chelsey has to live by the maxwells. I hope they visit the Bontragers often. John better be working hard on that house. 

Happy dance! The coming together of these 2 families, well, considering they've known each other for a LONG time and maybe WERE invited to the cancelled wedding of Joseph and Elizabeth, I'd say there's progress being made. Looking forward to Steve's version of Let it Go, or Let Go Let God.

Yes, I too hope they live at least FURTHER away from the Maxwells than the rest of them.

Poor Steve. I pray for you.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived