IGNORED

Maxwell 12: Eleven years of blogging, still got nothing to say

samurai_sarah

Here is a picture from a blog post recap from May 2016. John and Chelsey are not sitting next to eachother. And of course their trip to the Bontragers was never mentioned on the Maxwell blog. Nor the Triple Bontrager wedding weekend. Nor the Bontrager conference. 

IMG_4892.PNG

Chelsey Renee Maxwell. Hmm I guess it sounds ok. I believe one of Chelsey's brothers has the middle name Maxwell :-/

Bill Weideman is spilling some beans! So they started officially courting in June? 

IMG_4894.PNG

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nathan should be fully aware of Melanie's school schedule and therefore should have the common sense to leave her the hell alone during said times unless he has a genuine emergency.  Melanie should also be aware that her phone has an off-button that can be engaged during school hours.  i haven't read her post yet, but based on what you guys have said here, i don't think i need to.  

Sarah will probably write a post consisting of a few bland, generic sentences and a photo without the side-hugging or shoulder-touching as soon as she can put it on The Holy And Reverenced Schedule Of Idolatry.  

As Sarah is a human being, she probably has some nights where she can't fall asleep right away.  on those nights, when she lies awake after Anna and Mary are already sleeping (in the same room.....), i wonder what she *really* thinks about.  on the one hand, if Steve hasn't driven every independent thought out of her, she has to wonder why four of her  brothers--including younger ones--have managed to move forward with their lives while she's still stuck in Daddy's grip.   and on the other hand, since it's far more likely that Steve has fully brainwashed her, she probably keeps sweet and prays that God blesses her.

I agree with Melanie’s point that we should not be distracted by our phones while doing something important, such as schooling our children, and I thank her for the photo of her phone propped up against the wall, backwards, to demonstrate how to achieve this.  

39 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

I keep my phone in the car when I'm walking a client. I keep it with me if I'm excepting a phone call.

I love how you refer to the dog as your client and not its owner. That's a great attitude.

1 minute ago, StacyW said:

I love how you refer to the dog as your client and not its owner. That's a great attitude.

Thanks!!  

My jaw dropped at this news and my first thought was poor Chelsey. I hope she and John are madly in love and have a fun marriage because the rest of her Kansas existence will be an infinite sequence of boredom.

She is so different from Anna Marie and Melanie, not to mention lifeless Sarah and goofy Anna. The Bontragers have a constant flow of visitors at their house and love to throw parties, cook a ton of food, and play games. Chelsey has plenty of friends and probably had many suitors over the years. There's no way she won't feel lonely in suburban Ft Leavenworth. Maybe she'll become besties with Elissa? 

Woah they are touching.....I....am.....shocked!

Will they pull and Elisa and Joseph and have children spaced apart? Will John be photographed with a pants-clad Chelsy as some point. The scandal!

I hope Steve doesn't allow Sarah to read Chelsey's blog. She might get some ideas. Read her "B" and get ready to clutch your Pearls! 

IMG_4895.PNG

Pretty young lady but a little heavy on the eye liner. I would be happy if John had bought a home where she lives now. I see a vibrant person who will be bored out of her mind next year. Dec 30th is a good date. Great way to bring on the New Year!

I must live in a fundie hotbed, but one of the Bontragers' Mennonite aunts lives not far from me and I actually babysat her kids a couple times--20 years ago now.  I'm Facebook friends with her and never put it together until the Bontrager triple wedding that it was Those Bontragers.

I am completely dumbfounded by the news about Chelsey.  They are as far from the Maxwells as I could imagine for a fundie.  Good Lord, one of her cousins just graduated from paramedic school and I know for a fact has a female partner.   Will he be disinvited to the wedding, do you think?

5 minutes ago, sableduck said:

I must live in a fundie hotbed, but one of the Bontragers' Mennonite aunts lives not far from me and I actually babysat her kids a couple times--20 years ago now.  I'm Facebook friends with her and never put it together until the Bontrager triple wedding that it was Those Bontragers.

I am completely dumbfounded by the news about Chelsey.  They are as far from the Maxwells as I could imagine for a fundie.  Good Lord, one of her cousins just graduated from paramedic school and I know for a fact has a female partner.   Will he be disinvited to the wedding, do you think?

One of the Bontrager cousins once got into a debate on the Bontrager blog because it was basically a post about public school and rebellion. I guess the cousin went to public school and took it personally. They eventually invited the cousin over to the house to discuss it more. Which was basically saying, "let's stop debating on our public blog." 

The Bontragers seemfairly accepting of family members who aren't fundie but I could never imagine them being accepting of a gay family member. 

5 minutes ago, JoyJoy said:

John and Chelsy have a wedding website on the knot. December 30 is also the day Matthias Wissmann is getting married.

The Bontragers and Wissmans are friends so I guess they can't attend one another's weddings. 

There may also be a Bates wedding around then. They haven't set a date. They only said December. But we were guessing the end of December because of Christmas break from Crown College. 

6 minutes ago, JoyJoy said:

John and Chelsy have a wedding website on the knot. December 30 is also the day Matthias Wissmann is getting married.

NO. WAY. You mean the Duggars and Bates and other mutual family friends actually have to choose which wedding to go to? After all, you can't have double weddings if they're in different states, or people try to take in the ceremony of one and the reception of the other. Very very interesting........

I wonder if the Duggars will sit in the front row again :5624795033223_They-see-me-rollinroll:

4 minutes ago, BullyJBG said:

NO. WAY. You mean the Duggars and Bates and other mutual family friends actually have to choose which wedding to go to? After all, you can't have double weddings if they're in different states, or people try to take in the ceremony of one and the reception of the other. Very very interesting........

The Duggars will definitely choose Chelsey and John's wedding over the Wissmans. I don't think they are close with the Wissmans. They probably only know them through the Bontragers. Hopefully the Bates wedding is the weekend before. Because the Duggars would have a hard time missing a Maxwell/Bontrager wedding since they are friends with both families. 

26 minutes ago, Justmurrayed said:

So typical Maxwells. Hopefully her fun personality won't be whittled away. 

Maybe John is bored of Maxwellian life too, and they'll both go off and have a more fun marriage. 

7 minutes ago, BullyJBG said:

These are huge families, they don't have to choose. Some could go to the Maxwell wedding and the others to the Wissmann one.

I liked the engagement picture - pretty young couple, nice dress - but why isn't she wearing any shoes?! Judging by his clothes the weather seems to be fairly nice, but not hot?

Practicing for the "barefoot and pregnant" part?

2 minutes ago, SrMaryEloquentia said:

I liked the engagement picture - pretty young couple, nice dress - but why isn't she wearing any shoes?! Judging by his clothes the weather seems to be fairly nice, but not hot?

Practicing for the "barefoot and pregnant" part?

The engagement probably took place over the weekend. The Bontragers tend to announce engagements right away. 

The FJers who sussed that John Maxwell was a-courtin' are right!

Chels Bontrager has been condemned to 14ers, bean rations, an upside down split-level, and basement gymspastics in the Maxwell Leavenworth Pen.

engaged1.jpg

15 minutes ago, seraaa said:

Maybe John is bored of Maxwellian life too, and they'll both go off and have a more fun marriage. 

I would feel more hopeful about this if John hadn't just bought that fixer-upper in Leavenworth.  Speaking of which, he's going to have to work really hard to get that dump into a livable condition by December 30th.  The damp in the family room looked rather ominous.

I feel sad at the thought of Chelsy moving to Maxhell.  John has always seemed the most outgoing and independent of the Maxhellions, he has his real estate licence and his irrigation gig, and isn't needed for Swift Otter or CCI.  So I'm going to hope that early in 2018:

• John's irrigation services are desperately needed on the Bontranger farm.
  • John and Chelsy are needed to fill out the Bontranger band and go on the road.
  • Mitchell and Brynn need to run the hotel instead of haul custom manure.
  • John and Chelsy sell the split level to Jesse and move back to the Bontrager farm area permanently.

Chelsey isn't afraid of a little hard work so if the house's top level is done by December, I bet Chelsey wouldn't mind helping to finish the bottom level with John after marriage. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived