IGNORED

Future Spawning: Upcoming Babies 8

Bethella

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, moochies said:

Am I the only one waiting for the next Courtney from Sweet Tea and Buttermilk pregnancy announcement?  It's about time, right?

Her social media is still locked down pretty tight so I'm not sure we'll hear anything but I wouldn't expect an announcement for another few months. Her overall average (including premature births and the stretch where she had a miscarriage) is 14.3 months. Calena is only 4 months, so I'd expect her to get pregnant in the near future.

On 9/22/2017 at 10:27 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

And was accidentally shot by the new husband when he was cleaning the gun. They are so lucky none of the children were shot or killed. 

Richard the Manbun is such a fucking creepy bastard.  He - and the entire history of their relationship - is a giant walking, talking red flag.  On the one hand, she is a grown woman making some terrible decisions and I feel sorry for her children, and on the other I also feel sorry for her because she was raised to be a good broodmare and that's all, and while still in the depths of what must be mindbending grief over the death of Martin, Manbun McRedFlag the ex-penpal from when she was 15 sweeps in and convinces her to marry him not even 3 months after Martin's death and now he's shooting her and buying new motorcycles while unemployed and god knows how they're supporting those 5 children.  It's all so depressing.

How does the "eternal spouse" stuff even work with this?

I am not and have never been Mormon, but I have kind of a fascination with them that I can't quite explain and have thus researched it a bit more than your average nevermo probably has, and follow some exmormon communities.  Anyway, feel free to correct me if I get this wrong, people who know more, but as far as I remember a woman can only be "eternally sealed" to one man, while men can be sealed to multiple women.  Leftover from the times of polygamy, I guess.  I seem to recall Emily and Martin married in the Mormon temple, while she and Richard married outside of the temple, so presumably she and her children are sealed to Martin and she would have to get that sealing cancelled to marry Richard "for time and eternity" as opposed to just "for time".  What that involves, exactly, and whether that's even doable in these circumstances, I have no idea.  

1 hour ago, dramallama said:

Richard the Manbun is such a fucking creepy bastard.  He - and the entire history of their relationship - is a giant walking, talking red flag.

Had never heard of Freckled Fox and went to the blog after reading here. You are correct about the general creepiness & red flags on Richard the ManBun.

Re: the unemployed Mr. ManBun. In the blog entry on the shotgun accident, she says Richard is a nurse. Is he not working?

[I realize that the answer to my question may be in that blog somewhere but along with the me, me, me  & Mr. ManBun, there is a shit ton of world salad to get through.]

ETA: Never mind! Found the older thread. There's also a LOT of discussion on her & Mr. ManBun over at GOMI.

1 hour ago, hoipolloi said:

ETA: Never mind! Found the older thread. There's also a LOT of discussion on her & Mr. ManBun over at GOMI.

I don't read GOMI, but have gleaned all of that info on a few threads about FF & Dick ManBun over at reddit.com/r/blogsnark.  What a trainwreck.

The FF story is bizarre.  Of course I can see how a woman with 5 children who knows she will be widowed would turn to someone else for support that could grow into love - I can't criticise that (especially, as with Nigella Lawson, a husband with cancer might encourage her to think about the future while he's still alive).  

But it's his side of the story that's strange - they hadn't been in touch while she was first married, as soon as her first husband has cancer, he swoops in and drops everything to marry her.  It makes me worry he was thinking about an idealised version of her (and Nigella's second marriage was disastrous too).   I really, really hope her kids from the first marriage are ok (seeing their mother being shot, after seeing their dad die, and by the man who they're supposed to treat as their father too, must have been terrible)

ETA I think he's unemployed because he's only registered as a nurse in his home state?  Is that possible?

ETA Looking on her insta, and seeing her describe herself as 'aspiring traveller' is so sad, because the way she's been raised, she'll be bringing up babies for the next 15 years as well.  I know that a lot of people can travel with kids (and not in the RV ministry style) but there's nothing in FF's lifestyle right now that seems like it would make that a reality.

15 minutes ago, Smash! said:

What is GOMI?

If you hover over words that are underlined, like GOMI or SOTDRT, a definition pops up. In this case it's Get Off My Internets, another snark site.

9 hours ago, Lurky said:

ETA I think he's unemployed because he's only registered as a nurse in his home state?  Is that possible?

I was raised by a nurse and we moved between states multiple times while I was growing up without my mom experiencing any gaps in employment, so unless there's something weird with Idaho's requirements to transfer a nursing license from out of state, I doubt it's all that complicated to make that transition if he really wanted to.   She claims that Richard helps her with the blog and her "online stuff", and that Martin didn't have any life insurance (with 5 tiny children and a stay at home wife without much of an education?!  WHAT COULD GO WRONG?) but there must have been some kind of inheritance or SOMETHING because it's not like her infrequent blog posts could be bringing in all that much money.  

@dramallama Thanks!

She must be raking a bit, because she'd refered to "my staff" having access to her social media. 

Mind you, reading her blog since the accident, most of the time I'd think she was a widow, because she's still clearly suffering over Martin's death.  I still think it's weird she never actually acknowledged that the shooting accident was 100% Richard's fault - she's all "he apologised, it was an accident, I moved on, lessons learned" but holy shit, I'm a Brit where guns are not every day, except on farms and for people who hunt, but even I know a. take out all bullets before cleaning/storing and b. never put your finger in the trigger thingummy unless you're ready to shoot.

Just now, Lurky said:

I still think it's weird she never actually acknowledged that the shooting accident was 100% Richard's fault - she's all "he apologised, it was an accident, I moved on" but holy shit, I'm a Brit where guns are not every day, except on farms and for people who hunt, but even I know a. take out all bullets before cleaning/storing and b. never put your finger in the trigger thingummy unless you're ready to shoot.

She also claimed that the kids "didn't even notice" when the shot happened and weren't upset that Daddy Manbun and Mommy were both shot and bleeding, even though they were literally in the next room and could have been shot themselves if the trajectory had been different.  Bull. Shit.  And there was a whole weird thing where they were both romanticizing it on social media, like "awwww we share a bullet now!! <3<3<3 TRU WUV."

1 minute ago, dramallama said:

And there was a whole weird thing where they were both romanticizing it on social media, like "awwww we share a bullet now!! <3<3<3 TRU WUV."

When I first read that, my jaw was on the floor, and I had to read it all to my partner because it was just too much - and it felt exactly the same today!

And the rooms are open plan, and she talks about how her oldest came in to ask if she was ok, and how there was blood everywhere - absolutely she saw and they all heard - and I don't believe for 1 moment they were both shot and neither they screamed in pain, nor their friend in horror.  I know it's my FJ mantra for every thread, but those poor kids.

I also feel the need to explain my deep and burning hatred of this dude by mentioning that when they fight Richard apparently goes to the other side of the house and passive-aggressively blasts Linkin Park songs to communicate how he's feeling.  Like he's an angsty 14-year-old.  Wut.  

Before I update the list- has anyone heard if Bria (Crawford) Cosper has delivered? She announced in early March and is expecting a girl but I haven't heard anything about a baby/due date.

1 hour ago, dramallama said:

I also feel the need to explain my deep and burning hatred of this dude by mentioning that when they fight Richard apparently goes to the other side of the house and passive-aggressively blasts Linkin Park songs to communicate how he's feeling.  Like he's an angsty 14-year-old.  Wut.  

Oh.my.manbun.

Linkin Park?!?! They sucked when they were relevant. Now I'm going to say the divorce will happen by New Years Day 2019. They will never make it. 

12 hours ago, dramallama said:

I don't read GOMI, but have gleaned all of that info on a few threads about FF & Dick ManBun over at reddit.com/r/blogsnark.  What a trainwreck.

Gotta say, between GOMI & Reddit, no one should be hating on FJ for snark! Whew!

The Reddit discussions on FF are actually very enlightening. Apparently, before he swooped in on FF, ManBun's FB page was a disturbing mish-mosh of angst, violence & even a mention of suicide. 

5 hours ago, Bethella said:

Before I update the list- has anyone heard if Bria (Crawford) Cosper has delivered? She announced in early March and is expecting a girl but I haven't heard anything about a baby/due date.

After a little bit of skulking I've found that she's due at the end of October: https://registry.thebump.com/bria-cosper-october-2017/19616764

6 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Gotta say, between GOMI & Reddit, no one should be hating on FJ for snark! Whew!

The Reddit discussions on FF are actually very enlightening. Apparently, before he swooped in on FF, ManBun's FB page was a disturbing mish-mosh of angst, violence & even a mention of suicide. 

I just found out about FF last night and went down the rabbit hole... I am honestly terrified for the safety of her and her children. This is a disaster waiting to happen and the pregnancy is only going to make it that much harder to get away from this probable abuser.

FF's remarriage is heartbreaking to me because it's so clear she's making these choices out of trauma -- but Richard? Nothing about his behavior makes sense, especially not if you're trying to see him as a normal, non-violent person. That he was posting stuff like that before getting into her and her childrens' lives tells me a lot about his mentality and intent. This is not good... not good at all. 

They've been together for less than a minute and all these weird things have already happened (the "accidental" shooting, the dog dying) AND he's throwing immature paggro music-blasting tantrums and humiliating her on live streams with his pouty teenage "I didn't have a crush on you!!!" bullshit. When he's not just being straight up violent, he's demanding additional and unnecessary emotional labor from Emily who is already parenting five kids alone and going through a lot herself. Who the hell does that? This guy is a scary, unsafe opportunist at best... and if he has good intentions, he's damn good at pretending otherwise.

By the way, has anyone contacted the local police about this guy? I honestly think this is an emergency. I get a really sour feeling in my gut looking into this situation, more than any of the other families we talk about (and they give me REALLY bad vibes/also need legal attention imo) -- like I'm not looking to be an alarmist, but this is a situation that really calls for it. I wouldn't forgive myself if I say nothing and someone dies in this situation. It's looking like a matter of "when," not "if." He's showing the kind of red flags a loved one of mine's ex showed before he attempted to murder-suicide them in his car (thank god he failed). Someone needs to intervene for the safety of her and those kids. I really think they're in danger here and that Emily is too deep in the chaos of her grief and day to day stressors to really see it.

I'm making contacts now. Gonna link them to her blog post about the shooting.

14 minutes ago, mizandry said:

By the way, has anyone contacted the local police about this guy? I honestly think this is an emergency. I get a really sour feeling in my gut looking into this situation, more than any of the other families we talk about (and they give me REALLY bad vibes/also need legal attention imo) -- like I'm not looking to be an alarmist, but this is a situation that really calls for it. I wouldn't forgive myself if I say nothing and someone dies in this situation. It's looking like a matter of "when," not "if." He's showing the kind of red flags a loved one of mine's ex showed before he attempted to murder-suicide them in his car (thank god he failed). Someone needs to intervene for the safety of her and those kids. I really think they're in danger here and that Emily is too deep in the chaos of her grief and day to day stressors to really see it.

I'm making contacts now. Gonna link them to her blog post about the shooting.

Personally I wouldn't contact the police. They investigated when the shooting occurred and I'm sure domestic violence was one of the things they looked into. They may not have looked at social media but they probably talked to both Emily and Richard alone and if they were concerned, they could have given Emily information on domestic violence shelters. I think they have a better sense of the situation than strangers on the internet.

co-signing @Bethella - at the time the police took it very seriously, and there was a lot of local concern (it was even mentioned on the local TV news, per FF's blog).  @mizandry your concern is admirable, but I think there are people close to her personally and geographically who already had this covered, from her defensive FB and blog responses.

I really hope her family aren't cutting ties with her. I know that happens in these types of situations. Hopefully they will be there for her when she's ready to leave his ass. 

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic

Archived