IGNORED

Future Spawning: Upcoming Babies 8

Bethella

29 minutes ago, Bethella said:

There's a couple sets of sibling marriages but only two Buck-Hales.

• Joshua Hale and Tischaria Buckingham
  • Joseph Hale and Lolly Buckingham
  • David Hale and Heidi Rubio
  • Israel Hale and Cori Rubio
  • Moses Hale and Rebecca Stevens
  • James Buckingham and Rachel Stevens

Other marriages that aren't to related families

• Elishaba Hale and Matthew Speckels or Doerksen? (there might have been a divorce, she's used two last names)
  • Jerusalem Hale and Jacob Berlin
  • Jonny Buckingham and Jenny
  • Maryanna Buckingham and Josha Bauer

I may be missing other marriages that aren't posted about online.

Jenny is actually Jacob Berlin's sister.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, youthfulclearly said:

Jenny is actually Jacob Berlin's sister.

Thanks! I hadn't found her last name.

8 hours ago, hasunah said:

Imagine if she had started at Joy's age .

Extremely uncomfortable thought, if you ask me. She would have hit the 15+ before turning 33!

10 hours ago, Bethella said:

There's a couple sets of sibling marriages but only two Buck-Hales.

• Joshua Hale and Tischaria Buckingham
  • Joseph Hale and Lolly Buckingham
  • David Hale and Heidi Rubio
  • Israel Hale and Cori Rubio
  • Moses Hale and Rebecca Stevens
  • James Buckingham and Rachel Stevens

Other marriages that aren't to related families

• Elishaba Hale and Matthew Speckels or Doerksen? (there might have been a divorce, she's used two last names)
  • Jerusalem Hale and Jacob Berlin
  • Jonny Buckingham and Jenny
  • Maryanna Buckingham and Josha Bauer

I may be missing other marriages that aren't posted about online.

Thanks! That must be what I was thinking of. With all those families intermarrying, family reunions must be easy. It's all the same people at each reunion ;)

Those Hales have some seriously biblical names.  Jerusalem for a girl?  And her sister is Elishaba? The boys got off relatively easily.  And seeing the marriages written out makes you aware how circular those family trees are.  The kids all have double cousins with multiple families.  

2 hours ago, JMO said:

Those Hales have some seriously biblical names.  Jerusalem for a girl?  And her sister is Elishaba? The boys got off relatively easily.  And seeing the marriages written out makes you aware how circular those family trees are.  The kids all have double cousins with multiple families.  

I don't know how much you know of the Buck-Hale background, but Papa Pilgrim (Robert Allen Hale) was seriously nuts. He died in prison while serving time for raping and abusing the oldest daughter, Elishaba (whose birth name was Butterfly Sunstar- she was born when he was just crazy before he went religiously crazy). Some of the younger kids are Hosanna, Job, Psalms, Lamb and Bethlehem.

Steve Maxwell needs to take a leaf out of his friend Buckinghams book - that man is marrying off his daughters/Hale wards at top speed! Sarah visited them once - maybe she should move in, she’d probably be bethrothed to a hearty Alaskan woodsman within a fortnight.

Edit to add - one of the Hale boys is one of John Maxwell’s groomsmen. I wonder if the whole family will come down? That wedding is going to be a Mecca of fundie matchmaking - I predict at least 3 courtships will arise from it.

4 hours ago, JMO said:

Now that you say that @Bethella I remember reading about them here.  He had kept them super secluded and isolated, right?

Yes, they were very isolated. Here's their sub-form if you want to fall down the rabbit hole. http://www.freejinger.org/forum/432-papa-pilgrim/

Elisabeth Linzey's baby is called Joel, according to the family blog. I had a feeling they would choose a biblical name (though to be fair, I'm usually surprised when fundies don't use biblical or virtue names!)

13 hours ago, lilith said:

Steve Maxwell needs to take a leaf out of his friend Buckinghams book - that man is marrying off his daughters/Hale wards at top speed! Sarah visited them once - maybe she should move in, she’d probably be bethrothed to a hearty Alaskan woodsman within a fortnight.

Edit to add - one of the Hale boys is one of John Maxwell’s groomsmen. I wonder if the whole family will come down? That wedding is going to be a Mecca of fundie matchmaking - I predict at least 3 courtships will arise from it.

Alaska is such a long trip to Iowa that I imagine only the closest Hales will go. The rest will watch the live stream. 

2 hours ago, Triplet3 said:

Elisabeth Linzey's baby is called Joel, according to the family blog. I had a feeling they would choose a biblical name (though to be fair, I'm usually surprised when fundies don't use biblical or virtue names!)

Fundies seemto go with biblical names for sons much more often than daughters. Some examples wouldn't be The Duggars and Bateses.

39 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Fundies seemto go with biblical names for sons much more often than daughters. Some examples wouldn't be The Duggars and Bateses.

To be fair there aren't that many female names in the bible. And if you find one you like it probably has a negative connotation surrounding it (Michal/Michael Bates rings a bell). I LOVE the names, Eve, Delilah, and Jezebel but people would raise an eyebrow in the fundie world over those names.

2 minutes ago, crazysnark said:

To be fair there aren't that many female names in the bible. And if you find one you like it probably has a negative connotation surrounding it (Michal/Michael Bates rings a bell). I LOVE the names, Eve, Delilah, and Jezebel but people would raise an eyebrow in the fundie world over those names.

All the fundies use a lot of the same girl names. It must be terribly confusing at places like big sandy conference. There are probably a million Mary's, Sarah's, Anna's, Rebecca's, Susannah's, Rachel's, Esther's, and Leah's. They branch out by doing virtue names like Hope, Faith, Charity, and Grace. 

Elizabeth got married 8 months ago. In another thread we had this discussion - they changed the date from January to February. 

Anyway, February to October is...8 months. Pregnancy is roughly 9.

I hope she's happy in her role as wife & breeder. At least it's not in Maxhell. 

7 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Elizabeth got married 8 months ago. In another thread we had this discussion - they changed the date from January to February. 

Anyway, February to October is...8 months. Pregnancy is roughly 9.

I hope she's happy in her role as wife & breeder. At least it's not in Maxhell. 

She got married February 8. If you put that in a due date calculator as the date of conception, it exactly matches the due date given on her baby registry November 1. She gave birth 12 days before that on October 19, which is well within the normal range for a safe delivery.

I got pregnant on Jan 28th and was due on Oct  21. So it's possible she got pregnant on her wedding night and delivered a little early. 

Of course if this was a mainstream couple and wedding, no one would even care or think about it. That's the problem with fundies putting such a large focus on virginity before marriage. They then must deal with people putting a large focus on whether the person was pregnant before the wedding. This happened to both Jill and Joy Duggar. Maybe if these people would stop with the obsession with sex, then maybe everyone else would stop as well. 

On 21-11-2017 at 3:48 PM, crazysnark said:

But a lot of the male names in the bible have female versions so they can easily go for those.

I think there's plenty of female names in the Bible, fundies just prefer not to use them because they sound unusual to fundie ears. 

There's a birthday picture for Kennedy (Decker) Morton on Mariah Campana's instagram that suggests that Kennedy is pregnant, but I'm not completely sure. Mariah and Campbell Roberts have their hands in a heart over Kennedy's stomach.

1 hour ago, albireo said:

There's a birthday picture for Kennedy (Decker) Morton on Mariah Campana's instagram that suggests that Kennedy is pregnant, but I'm not completely sure. Mariah and Campbell Roberts have their hands in a heart over Kennedy's stomach.

That sounds pretty likely but I'll probably wait until we have confirmation before listing her.

Actually, I think that post is meant to be a joke. Mariah was wishing Kennedy "the real Mom" of the three a happy 22nd birthday, and the girl in the middle (with the heart over her stomach) is Campbell Conley. The picture seems to have been staged at a time when Campbell had just eaten, and had a "food baby" since they referenced that in the post. 

2 hours ago, albireo said:

If Kennedy is pregnant then she is just pregnant because on her Instagram she posted pictures of a marathon she ran and what looks like a tough mudder type of race. If she is training for a marathon while pregnant I'm dead impressed. That is a lot of work unless you are a well trained runner.

Whoops, thought the girl in the middle was Kennedy :embarrassed: it's definitely Campbell Roberts (her middle name is Conley according to facebook). I thought the girl on the left (actual Kennedy) looked like she had braces in that photo, so I was thrown off. 

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic

Archived