IGNORED

Future Spawning: Upcoming Babies 8

Bethella

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every time I click on this thread, I whisper "please don't let it be Erin".  Now I have a few months of not whispering.

8 hours ago, SoSoNosy said:

Every time I click on this thread, I whisper "please don't let it be Erin".  Now I have a few months of not whispering.

I was re-watching a few "Bringing Up Bates" episodes. Erin and Chad (whom I really really like btw!) sure made it sound like they weren't able to conceive for the longest time, whereas they had to wait a little over a year after the wedding to bring their first pregnancy to term.

I am not trying to be insensitive or rude here, I really felt for them when they miscarried and was happy when they found out what was going on with Erin's blood clotting disoder. 

I sometimes feel these people are putting an excessive level of unnecessary pressure on themselves to conceive asap. And when there are issues, big or small that they might be, they always take such a huge magnitude!

Is Kathryn Staddon (nee Neely) pregnant again already? She refers to "late night mummy cravings" in a recent blog post

19 minutes ago, BlessingsVonFundiePants said:

Is Kathryn Staddon (nee Neely) pregnant again already? She refers to "late night mummy cravings" in a recent blog post

I don't believe it's listed. But it wouldn't shock me. Fundies seem to almost always have their first two less than two years apart. 

I was re-watching a few "Bringing Up Bates" episodes. Erin and Chad (whom I really really like btw!) sure made it sound like they weren't able to conceive for the longest time, whereas they had to wait a little over a year after the wedding to bring their first pregnancy to term.

I am not trying to be insensitive or rude here, I really felt for them when they miscarried and was happy when they found out what was going on with Erin's blood clotting disoder. 

I sometimes feel these people are putting an excessive level of unnecessary pressure on themselves to conceive asap. And when there are issues, big or small that they might be, they always take such a huge magnitude!

I don't think conceiving was ever their problem. They (rightfully) were devastated by multiple miscarriages IIRC.

3 hours ago, BlessingsVonFundiePants said:

She's not on the list but she is 6 months out from her first delivery so it is possible. I'm going to cross my fingers and hope that the cravings are from late night breast feedings...:my_confused:

I wonder about Jen Fulwiler sometimes. I think her youngest is going to be 5 next year, and so far she hasn't gotten pregnant again (that we know of). She always loved to joke about how bad she was at NFP. Did she finally figure it out, or did she finally decide that her situation was special enough to make some form of birth control okay after all? 

12 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I wonder about Jen Fulwiler sometimes. I think her youngest is going to be 5 next year, and so far she hasn't gotten pregnant again (that we know of). She always loved to joke about how bad she was at NFP. Did she finally figure it out, or did she finally decide that her situation was special enough to make some form of birth control okay after all? 

I never fell down that rabbit hole but from a brief glance- she's nuttier than a fruitcake. I'm going to guess that she either finally figured it out or something happened with the last pregnancy that is preventing her from getting pregnant again.

On 10/20/2017 at 6:21 AM, Alicepooh said:

It actually took longer. They would have conceived Carson sometime in early fall of 2014. He was due in June, but was born four weeks early in May 2015. So their first viable pregnancy* resulted in a live birth around 1.5 years after their November 2013 wedding, not 1 year.  

*Bolded because you incorrectly said they made it seem like they couldn’t conceive for a long time, which is false. They announced one miscarriage (the one where Erin needed a D&C) in March of 2014. They mentioned two more had happened in an early episode of Bringing Up Bates, possibly the show’s first episode. They have never given the impression that they couldn’t conceive and have been pretty open about their struggle to carry a pregnancy to term. 

I’ve been open about this across the site, but I had a miscarriage in late February 2016. It doesn’t matter how early the loss was or how long it took us to conceive that pregnancy or how long it took for us to conceive again - those two lines thrilled us and the subsequent loss absolutely devastated us. We have a beautiful 10 month old daughter who we adore and I was still an emotional mess on Infant and Pregnancy Loss Awareness Day last weekend. I’ll likely be an emotional mess on Halloween as well - that was likely the day our child would have turned one, had the pregnancy not ended. 

Miscarriages are a big deal to many couples who experience them and, speaking personally here, I find your post a bit offensive and insensitive for even unintentionally suggesting otherwise. Erin and Chad had every right to feel devastated by their losses and they have every right to view their losses however they want now as well.

If I remember correctly, Erin and Whitney were due around the same time (Fall 2014) when Bradley was born but Erin miscarried. The couples got married only a month apart. 

Mallory and Skylar Sergeant are due with their second in February.  There will be about two years between them .  They are the impossibly smug couple who were going broke but magically decided to sell things on Amazon and voila, have money again.  I suppose it never occurs to these couples that a lack of education, job skills and an instant family are paths to poverty.

12 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

If I remember correctly, Erin and Whitney were due around the same time (Fall 2014) when Bradley was born but Erin miscarried. The couples got married only a month apart. 

Erin was due a week before Whitney. With an October due date, it’s likely both couples conceived in late January or early February. I’m pretty sure this loss was the one they announced in March 2014.

Cherin were married around three months when they conceived that baby and ZachNey were married around two months when they conceived Bradley. I don’t believe Cherin ever stated when the other losses happened, but it’s possible there was a loss before that. I think it was the first though because Kelly explicitly referred to that loss as their first grandchild in a blog post about it.

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

Erin was due a week before Whitney. With an October due date, it’s likely both couples conceived in late January or early February. I’m pretty sure this loss was the one they announced in March 2014.

Cherin were married around three months when they conceived that baby and ZachNey were married around two months when they conceived Bradley. I don’t believe Cherin ever stated when the other losses happened, but it’s possible there was a loss before that. I think it was the first though because Kelly explicitly referred to that loss as their first grandchild in a blog post about it.

You're right now that I think of it. Kelly did say something like that on the blog. That sounds familiar. I read their blog regularly back then between their 2 shows. Kelly was pretty good about answering questions on the blog. Which I appreciated. I remember one thing she said all these years later. She talked about allowing the courting couples to touch because they had noticed some couples who never really touched before marriage having a difficult transition to touching in marriage. That was incredibly interesting to me because 1) I guarantee that does happen amongst couples who never touch before marriage and 2) I'm shocked Kelly or Gil even noticed. 

On 10/20/2017 at 10:33 PM, singsingsing said:

Basically, yes. I started following her blog about a year before she had her youngest, but had to abandon ship after she started the radio show. Consequently, I haven't read anything she's posted in years, and I am not up to date on any new information she may have provided. She got a LOT of questions about her NFP/BC plans during the pregnancy because of the extreme health problems she was having, and then when her son had birth complications, she decided to address it. That blog post (if it's still up) basically said "God's totally in control, and it's all up to God, and my son is totally worth everything I went through, and I definitely don't think that it's my place to question God's plan... but yeah, I nearly died and he nearly died, and so this is it." 

She did the whole "you never knoooooow" thing to imply that she was open to "God's will", but I think it's safe to read that as "If it's God's will to get me pregnant through three forms of artificial birth control, then so be it."

Jen made it painfully clear for years before that that she was not remotely content as a SAHM. She seems like one of those people who think they are the smartest person in the room no matter who they are with, and her belief in her own superiority came through quite heavily in her writing. She would hype up the manic-crazy-goofy shit for blog fodder, but there was always an underlying current of anger. It was obvious that she felt stuck, and she wanted out. The last pregnancy gave her a very valid excuse to shut down the baby machine, and pursue what she sees as her "real job" with the books and radio show. If she ever does get pregnant again, it won't be planned.

@SolomonFundy I remember that post in vivid detail because I found it so appalling. But I don't think she's actually addressed how she's been preventing pregnancy since then, has she? 

**EDIT** From July of this year:

IMG_2871.thumb.PNG.b9d823ae14199c9affb13f7be35bf46b.PNG

So apparently she's accepted that she MUST avoid pregnancy now, but she is still using NFP and her thoughts on it remain the same.

Weird that she was suddenly able to make it work after the birth of her last child and it's apparently worked perfectly since then. I'd love for her to address what exactly happened to suddenly make her great at NFP when she was always terrible at it before (paraphrasing her own words) but I'm sure she won't.

Thanks! Her change in language is really interesting. I would be interested in reading a detailed post on what points are different for her now. I have no doubt that they still practice NFP, but I don't believe for a second that she's solely relying on it. Sort of like having the central heating on full blast, but telling yourself that you're actually warm because of the coat hanging in your closet upstairs.

I didn't know so many people here followed Jen Fulwiler. We don't talk a lot about conservative Catholics on FJ. I know at least that the conception of child #3 was an NFP "failure." I do agree with @singsingsing that it's interesting she's had NFP failures before but somehow has managed not to conceive since her youngest was born 4.5 years ago (when she and the baby almost died). Though it's very hard for me to imagine she would go against the Catholic Church's teachings on birth control. She's been very vocal about the issue. Well, whatever she's doing to not get pregnant, it's best for her and her children to do it. I do respect that she at least said after the birth of her youngest that she might not have any more kids. Her attitude is better than the quiverfull fundies who've had life-threatening pregnancies and continue to have children.

I read "My actual answer has transformed quite a bit... but we still use NFP" the way @SolomonFundy did, as in there's an invisible "among other things" tagged onto the end.

I had a bit of a look at her blog, and she says she had the blood clots in that last pregnancy because

I was taking Lovenox as a preventative measure, though I had missed a few doses due to holiday craziness. Oddly, I had accidentally missed plenty of doses in other pregnancies too, and it was never an issue. The only thing different this time is that I was taking the new generic brand.

I'm really shocked that she wasn't taking her blood clotting medicine properly!  I've been taking the same medicine for over 20 years now, and I've forgotten to take it 5 or 6 times, and my condition isn't even life threatening. 

Lisa Metzger is pregnant with #13. I know there was some talk about why she should be included. But she was raised a fundie homeschooled and she does the same to her kids so I think she should be included. And she and TAM are BFFs it seems :2wankers:

I'm going to be late on this convo...  I'm a twin... my name is Erin my twin is Eric.. grew up hating it... 

And as for camo, I know a 15 month old baby named camo... his twins name is caliber.. I live in a redneck area and not in the south.. 

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic

Archived