IGNORED

Joe and Kendra 4: Aren't They Married Yet? Yes, they are. Pictures inside.

Coconut Flan

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, Chickenbutt said:

Is that Kendra in her dress on the right side of Amy's photo?

It looks to be one of the kids. Maybe a flower girl?

13 minutes ago, adidas said:

Are we allowed to link to Tumblr?

Sure, as long as it's public.

From what I can see, I like Kendra's dress. I hope they're happy together. Can't believe it's been 9 years since a Duggar boy got married. 

I wonder if Anna was there? I wouldn't be surprised if she was tbh. Something tells me they had this wedding not long before her due date. I'm giving M5 until Mexican Independence Day (September 16th) to show up before I get concerned.

Anyone wanna guess who's going to be next to enter a courtship and get married? I'm betting on JD.

That is definitely a little girl to the right of Amy. Must be a flower girl.

Amy's dress....yikes. Plus defrauding the boys and menfolk with bare shoulders.

18 minutes ago, anaandrade said:

Anyone wanna guess who's going to be next to enter a courtship and get married? I'm betting on JD.

JD and Jana double wedding ;-).

Apparently someone posted a departure video online and it showed up on WTFundies. Not sure where it originally came from, but the link connects to the video. We can see the whole dress, though it's from a distance and kind of blurry, so not the BEST view of the dress.

It does look like there are ruffles on Kendra's dress, but not awful ones. And the sparklers for the departure are actually kind of cute for an evening wedding. 

http://keepingupwithfundies.tumblr.com/post/165140084712/kendra-and-joes-departure-in-better-quality-i

JoKen Wedding Departure.PNG

Note: Somehow my text disappeared, so I ended up with an odd post. I don't know what all is going on with it, so apologies!

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

Sure, as long as it's public.

It's already been linked now (I got distracted baking ha) but it was the departure video.

They can't wait to get outta there! They're practically running (I would be too). 

I hope they have fun ;)

6 minutes ago, adidas said:

I hope they have fun ;)

I'm sure they will, 3 or 4 times of fun. 

Dirty mind aside, her dress looks pretty from what I can see of it. But I love ruffles and tulle, and that isn't everyone's cup of tea.

4 hours ago, SadieJane said:

I think that when Jackson and Tyler get married they should only have each other in their wedding parties and tell everyone else to fuck off. lmao

Now that would shake things up!

Apologies if someone else already said that, I'm a bit behind.

3 hours ago, punkiepie said:

And Kendra is a teenager! She doesn't know how to ask for things or speak up about what she likes or doesn't like in the bedroom.

I agree with the rest of your post, but this part irked me. The fact that Kendra in all probability does not know what she likes in the bedroom and doesn't know how to speak up about it has nothing to do with her being a teenager. It's because she was brought up in a fucked-up cult where she was taught that she must always please her husband sexually no matter her own desires, and where she was not allowed to even think about sex up until her wedding date, let alone explore her own body or *gasp* someone else's. It wouldn't be the least bit different if she was 5 or 10 years older.

They look very happy. Long may it last. May their sheltered ignorance make them content forever. That's about all I can realistically hope for them.

6 hours ago, JPickleDuggar said:

Why are almost all of her bridesmaids his sisters?

She's marrying a Duggar brother - the first wedding after everything (?)  came out. 

Granted I'm 'once bitten, twice shy' on friendships among fundy women, but if she does have any outside close friends, it's possible they won't stand up and support it. Same happens a lot. There were folks boycotted my wedding and the extent of his family's nutsiness wasn't known back then. 

2 hours ago, metheglyn said:

And the sparklers for the departure are actually kind of cute for an evening wedding. 

http://keepingupwithfundies.tumblr.com/post/165140084712/kendra-and-joes-departure-in-better-quality-i

JoKen Wedding Departure.PNG

Sparklers are awesome!

...though if I were potentially editing someone out of a background in something, I'd love there to be sparklers. 

It took me a minute to realise that the lights in the photo that metheglyn put up were from sparklers. I thought there had been a Josh cloning. 

Thankfully I was wrong. 

36 minutes ago, MadeItOut said:

She's marrying a Duggar brother - the first wedding after everything (?)  came out. 

To add to this, she probably wanted to include her new sisters, which immediately adds 5 if you just have the older girls, and 9 total if you include the younger ones too. Add her own sisters and maybe best friend, and you've already gone well into double digits.

I think it's very much a case of you can't have just 2 or 3. You need all the older girls because she can't have favorites with these women who she's going to spend the rest of her life raising her children around. The only older 'sister' left out is Anna as well is because she's either just had a baby or is super dooper pregnant.

Why the Duggar girls don't include all the lost girls at each wedding we don't know. But I'm sure Kendra probably just couldn't decide or say no.

I hope Kendra actually wanted all the Duggar sisters in her wedding party, and it wasn't the price for TLC money and attention.  But the idea a 19 year old girl only has 1 friend her own age who she likes enough to be a bridesmaid makes me sad for her.  I completely understand why the Duggar daughters have their weddings All About Them, as they've been raised to see it as their main achievement in life and a precursor to their only value, having kids - but it's going to be sad if girls marrying into the family have to have a Duggar circus. 

I hope it's that Kendra has a ton of friends, and they all know things like bridesmaiding for each other isn't important in the grand scheme of things, and she's not going to be stepping into a life where she's expected to be subsumed completely into the Duggar circle.

7 hours ago, GoddessOfVictory said:

This is the third blue-suited groom we've seen in a row. Are blue suits for grooms trending right now (or recently)?

Yes. And as my husband wore one for our wedding 4 years ago, this makes the only time we've ever been fashion trailblazers LOL.

I really wonder if all those weddings don't become SEVERELY boring to the ones that have to show up at every one of them. Maybe I'm just not channeling the whole mega family thing right, but I just can't imagine that you can find the same inner excitement and joy for each wedding, especially when there's one every so many months. 
"We love you, so happy for y'all!". I would feel like a dead parrot I think. Don't get me wrong, I love a beatiful wedding every once in a while. But for example, two years ago it was true wedding season in my circle and I attended 4 weddings in one summer. Two of those weddings were from my closest friends, so they were really special to me. The other two I felt less close to. I have to admit that at the end of summer, I was happy I wouldn't have to attend one in a while. Seeing so many weddings over a small period of time does take a little bit of the magic away (for me). I don't mean this in a cold or rude way. I'm a very emotional person and will cry at every wedding (or kitten I encounter for that matter ;-) ), but I feel like it's kind of like with something edible you really love: after 4 bars of chocolate you really have to take a break ;-). 

On a different note: that did look like Josh (from the back) in the beginning of the departure video, didn't it?

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived