IGNORED

Lawson Bates 2

Coconut Flan

On 31/08/2017 at 9:08 AM, Casserole said:

Her brother also got married at 18/19 and he and his wife attend Liberty University (accredited, but cult college) 

I would think she'd be too "mainstream" for the Bates', but I wouldn't be shocked if they dated either. 

I think Sadie would be 'too wild' for Lawson. She's very churchy but she also strikes me as very strong willed and opinionated. She wouldn't be happy with a life that entailed serving her husband and making babies. 

Sadie's brother got married young. I think they were both 19. But 2 years later and no kids. So even if Sadie and Lawson were a thing, she would know and not be forbidden in her eyes to use birth control.

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lawson posted a video and a super long IG caption (that continues into the comments section) about what he's been up to in TX if anybody wants to check it out. I couldn't figure out how to link that.

5 minutes ago, Seculardaisy said:

Lawson posted a video and a super long IG caption (that continues into the comments section) about what he's been up to in TX if anybody wants to check it out. I couldn't figure out how to link that.

Here you go (it's actually 5 videos too, if you keep swiping): 

I know I don't usually comment here or really keep up with the Bates threads, but I just wanted to mention that this semester I have a student who looks like Lawson.  I'm really scared I'm going to slip up and accidentally call him Lawson instead of his real name.

Nice to see them using their skills to help out. (Duggars where are you? Use your Alert training *crickets*). 

I'll join on the bandwagon that Lawson would make a great elementary school teacher/music teacher. Too bad he doesn't get the option to do do that.

10 hours ago, Mudgie said:

Good for them for getting in and helping in a legitimate and viable way. 

He's rather articulate actually.

Generally speaking I find the Bates are more well spoken than the Duggar kids are.  Not that I think education is indicative of intelligence, but it might be because Kelly did have more education when she began teaching them than Michelle did.  

40 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

Generally speaking I find the Bates are more well spoken than the Duggar kids are.  Not that I think education is indicative of intelligence, but it might be because Kelly did have more education when she began teaching them than Michelle did.  

That and she stated before they were famous on the family blog in a comment about their diplomas they have to pass the test to get an actual diploma from the local high school, so it's not "Bates Acadamy" like the BS Duggar HS. They all have real HS diplomas not GEDs. 

I have to say i'm positive impress by Lawson and Nathan, not only they are there bit they are actually helping bit just giving  away bibles or phamplet! They are there from 2? 3? Days

well done! 

1 hour ago, SamiKatz said:

I agree! They are definitely much more articulate. There are also far fewer hesitations during their speech. I'd say they have a much wider vocabulary as well. They have more individual personality during their speech as well as far less monotone type of voicing.  

Additionally, and I admit this is unkind of me, they look much cleaner and better groomed physically than the Duggars. I don't mean fashion I mean hygiene. The Duggars always look a bit oily and unwashed. 

Its a little mean of me but when ever I tell my husband anything about the Bates or duggars  (cause I that obsessed  lol) I refer to them as either the pretty ones or the not so pretty ones.  He thinks the bates are better put together  lol.

Some (ok, lots) of Lawson's beliefs are repugnant, but for as much as he's snarked on here, I think he's probably a well intentioned person.   Yes, he comes across a little vain with his heavy Instagram use, but he isn't some audaciously different young man than your average southern 20 something. 

I'd actually love to see him volunteer more with the Harvey relief efforts.  I think it may change his perspective more than "the real (non fundie) world" or missioncations.  Interacting with people he more closely related to will ease the transition to opening his mind a little. 

On 9/1/2017 at 6:17 PM, seraaa said:

So I looked it up for fun, and you can even take Biblical Hebrew as an elective on the UT Music Education course.

http://www.music.utk.edu/ugrad/musiced.php

(And, ok, he might not even want to be a teacher, but it's fun to browse university course catalogues). 

Didn't Erin do a Music Education degree at Crown? Possibly he was offered the chance to go there and didn't want to, for whatever reason. Not every career needs a uni degree etc

I don't think Lawson's style of music would mesh with Crown's music program. I know that last music video would not pass music check! It had drums in it. Not saying he couldn't get some voice tips but he'd have to change his content.

3 hours ago, JMO said:

Anyone else see Lawson's obligatory picture of him holding a baby at a Duggar wedding? Shows off his biceps nicely too. :my_dodgy:

Which baby was that? 

1 hour ago, BeccaGrim said:

Which baby was that? 

Henry. I've noticed it's always one of Jessa's kids that he's holding in the pictures. 

8 hours ago, JMO said:

Henry. I've noticed it's always one of Jessa's kids that he's holding in the pictures. 

Makes sense that he and Ben would be friendly. 

When he does these photos I"m wondering who his photographer is, and if she grabs one of his nieces/nephews and younger siblings just for these staged photos.

4 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

When he does these photos I"m wondering who his photographer is

At least the subjects are in sharp focus for these pictures, unlike Taryn's blur-fest.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived