IGNORED

Lawson Bates 2

Coconut Flan

Moms, not so important that you can't cut parts of them out of the picture to ensure that you are front and center. 

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Mayluka said:

Typical Lawson: A nice tribute post to his mom, with Lawson centered in the middle of the shot and his mom off to the side cut off. 

I wonder if he's so vain that he doesn't even realize that he does things like that.  I fear that he is.

2 hours ago, Mayluka said:

Typical Lawson: A nice tribute post to his mom, with Lawson centered in the middle of the shot and his mom off to the side cut off. 

This is like when Ryan Reynolds trolls his wife via social media, just not hysterical:

:pb_lol:

Lawson's singing was especially bad on the most recent show. I can't imagine why anyone, outside of his family, wants to listen to him. Carlin has more talent.

I wonder what it's like to be this obsessed with yourself? What kind of mental gymnastics do you use? 

Lawson's instagram doesn't seem any different to me than most people his age. Posed, superficial and self promoting. The majority of my 20-something co-workers have exactly that type of insta. I think in many ways he's the norm, not the exception.

40 minutes ago, Mudgie said:

Lawson's instagram doesn't seem any different to me than most people his age. Posed, superficial and self promoting. The majority of my 20-something co-workers have exactly that type of insta. I think in many ways he's the norm, not the exception.

Just to add my own anecdata, I just turned 30 and the vast majority of people I know (in their 20s and early 30s) do not have a social media presence like this, at all. The few who do stick out like sore thumbs - to me, anyway. It really depends on who you're following and what's the 'norm' for your own circle, I guess.

Most of the 20 something people I know wouldn't post a tribute to their mother where they cut part of her out so they could be front and center. I do have a relative who is Lawson's age who acts like he does on social media, but most people talk about how childish and silly she is. I guess in different circles this is normal. 

Lawson played at a Chic-fil-a in Houston, TX today. I bet he is also going to go to the IBLP family conference, but it won't be mentioned a great deal on his social media. 

On their Instagram stories, Lawson and the show both covered up the word “cutie” describing him from a repost. I’m laughing so hard right now.

It’s like he poses his tacky model poses and then denies any public attention from it?

64E45BD7-CA40-40EA-86D2-C108F15DE131.png

Spoiler

6B9B339E-6AEB-4335-9666-672619071355.png

Spoiler

697D1B04-78D1-42CA-98D7-9B94AFCA9CE7.png

@Perrierwithlemon that’s not the shows IG that’s a fan page. @Bringingupbates is the actual account.

B2DE7F8F-5B94-4F09-95D2-93844F6CCABD.thumb.jpeg.ef80a1eb2fed414734909f21a630bad1.jpeg

Regarding the cutie thing, Lawson didn’t fully cover the word cutie. Obviously he wanted to act humble but also for us to see it. Nice try Lawson but we know your ways!

So who does a fundie look-at-my-caboose pose better? Lawson or Nuri Rodrigues?

Nice ass. 

Shame about the cult (and the personality).

Lawson does it better because I don't think poor Nurie knows what she is doing. Lawson, on the other hand, is showing his ass off on purpose. 

He may have been the #5thwheel but at least there was someone available to take pictures of him. I'm not sure he could have survived if that hadn't been possible. 

I am not and will never be  mad at his Instagram.  I would have totally cougared him on tinder.  I kid!!!

On 4/11/2018 at 12:28 AM, candygirl200413 said:

The cult does really stunt their maturity though.

It really really does. I have seen it in my own life. 

6 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

@mollysmom If you feel comfortable it would be interesting to hear about, otherwise that is totally fine!

Of course! No time right now but after work tonight I'll be back on here! 

9 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

@mollysmom If you feel comfortable it would be interesting to hear about, otherwise that is totally fine!

I'm trying to think of examples but honestly for the most part I'm extremely stunted emotionally. For instance, when people on here make comments about how Joy acts like she's 12.....or how these kids have the mentality of a young teenager, it's true....and unfortunately that is me, too. Because I was SO unbelievably sheltered (I was homeschooled.....only allowed to interract with girls from my church .....no boys....of course....:naughty:). I will never forget how shell shocked I was when I got into the "real world" and got my first job & heard people swearing and being mean to each other and wearing pants and "immodest clothes" I just couldn't believe it! I will never forget I was 24 and at my first job outside of fundie land and I got into an argument with one of my coworkers and I asked my supervisor if he was going to tell my mom. (He looked at me like I had 3 heads, of course) I still cringe when I think about that but that's how sheltered & emotionally stunted I was. Even now, at 40 years old, I'm dating....real dating....not fundie dating...for the first time in my life & on my first date one guy kissed me (which I was fine with because I really liked him) but again, I couldn't believe people kiss on the mouth on the first date!!! (thankfully I kept my shock inside and actually enjoyed it) but I was quite surprised. Even now, I can see many many instances in my life (mostly at work) where I have a very very hard time dealing with simple everyday conflicts (for lack of a better word)...things that most people would  barely notice or give a second thought to, I get very upset and cry.....and even in the moment I know for a fact that I'm being ridiculous but it's very real and very upsetting to me and I know for a fact it's because I was never ever exposed to anything like this outside of our little group. I mean, it was in no way conflict free....my mom was extremely abusive....she would do unspeakable things to me...things I can't even mention right now because it's such a huge trigger for me but it was all in the "name of Jesus" so it was "ok" . These people are NOT doing their children any favors by keeping them so unbelievably sheltered and I am living proof of that. 

@mollysmom Thank you so much for sharing! You might hear this a lot but I'm so sorry you had to deal with such abuses for your childhood. Have you gotten some type of therapy or just developing relationships with people outside in the real world on what you've experienced wasn't normal?

38 minutes ago, candygirl200413 said:

@mollysmom Thank you so much for sharing! You might hear this a lot but I'm so sorry you had to deal with such abuses for your childhood. Have you gotten some type of therapy or just developing relationships with people outside in the real world on what you've experienced wasn't normal?

Oh yeah! Absolutely! I'm still in therapy, actually! It has helped me tremendously!!! I still have a LONG way to go but I have definitely come a LONG way and I'm definitely proud of myself for that!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow I feel sorry for this poor woman. Lawson posted that his childhood friend was killed in a motorcycle accident and his wife, Joy, gave birth to their third child a day after he was killed. Her eyes look so sad and like she’s been crying so much in this picture. I really hope this poor woman has a lot of family support. 

7F4C49E6-F9B8-400D-86C0-2BE0DF7FFFF2.png

What a heartbreaking Mother’s Day for her. I hope she finds the peace and strength she needs to carry on for her little ones. 

Erin had a post up about that tragic accident as well. I can't even begin to imagine what it is like to lose your husband like that and give birth not even 24 hours later. It must be an incredibly difficult time for her, and I wish her all the strength and courage and love she needs to get through this. I also hope that, despite the stance most fundies have on mental health issues, her surroundings encourage her to seek councelling if that is what she needs (and/or wants), instead of only telling her everything will be alright if she just prays harder/hard enough.

Erinpost.jpg

That’s so sad. 

I made the mistake of reading some of the condolences.  Someone said, “May his memory be a blessing”. Goddammit with all the “blessing” talk!  The guy was 25 and left three babies.  WTH! 

4 hours ago, OhNoNike said:

That’s so sad. 

I made the mistake of reading some of the condolences.  Someone said, “May his memory be a blessing”. Goddammit with all the “blessing” talk!  The guy was 25 and left three babies.  WTH! 

I think knowing what to say can be really difficult in circumstances like this. Unfortunately, nothing anyone says is going to change the fact that this woman was left a widowed single mother of three. Telling her or Lawson you hope his memory is a blessing isn’t necessarily the worst thing to say though - to me, it really just means you hope that memories bring some sort of comfort to the grieving friends and family. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived