IGNORED

Little People, Big World 2

Coconut Flan

It seems that one of them is either over dressed or under dressed for the weather. Hopefully there was a blanket nearby for Ember. The kid isn’t naked but Audrey is in a puffy coat and hat. I️ don’t see why she cares if people point that out to her. People just want to see her baby be warm. I️ donno. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

Audrey is advertising this very specific postpartum course on her stories because apparently Christians experience postpartum differently than us heathens?

52A8DFFB-7C37-4664-ACB0-815E890207FE.png

Edited by Seculardaisy
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Seculardaisy said:

Audrey is advertising this very specific postpartum course on her stories because apparently Christians experience postpartum differently than us heathens?

52A8DFFB-7C37-4664-ACB0-815E890207FE.png

So I went into the site. Among other things, they use "Biblical Encouragement and Study, Knowledge and Wisdom in how to use nutritional supplements, homeopathy, herbal remedies, and Essential Oils during postpartum". So right up her essential oil filled ally.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with using these I'm conjunction with regular medical checks and advice, bit later down the page we get a testimonial from Audrey:

Spoiler

Screenshot_2017-12-02-13-56-06.thumb.png.b914feade18f08a9f0c6fa4881faee06.png

I know she's previously sad that it was misguided advice because of her mastitis, but the blaming of the hospital makes me wonder if (should she become pregnant again) she'll be having a homebirth and using "qualified professional" Christians only from now on. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 2
  • Love 2

I find her very annoying. She also could have replied with something vague and more kind like "I would like to thank everybody for their concern. As a parent, you do your best, and yet you learn everyday, and in the end we all want the best for our kids", or something like that.

I could never ever be friends with her. Not in a million years. 

Edited by Timetraveler
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 1

I’m having my first child in May and if I am  making a serious mistake- more than something trivial- and someone pointed it out, I’d take it to heart and think about it. I feel like there’s this “this is my kid and so only I know  best” attitude that has gotten worse in recent years. I have friends who you can’t tell anything to because “don’t tell me how to raise my child!”. It gets pretty old quickly. You want to formula feed over breast? Cool. You want to avoid pacifiers? Your choice. You completely buckle your baby in wrong in its car seat or you line it’s crib in stuffed animals? I feel like I have to say something. Like it would be irresponsible not to. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

6 hours ago, Timetraveler said:

I find her very annoying. She also could have replied with something vague and more kind like "I would like to thank everybody for their concern. As a parent, you do your best, and yet you learn everyday, and in the end we all want the best for our kids", or something like that.

I could never ever be friends with her. Not in a million years. 

See, I find Tori’s reaction much more problematic than Audrey’s was. For all we know Audrey stepped outside with Ember for just a minute to take a photo. Or maybe they had Ember bundled up in a blanket and they removed it because she felt too warm. Or maybe it wasn’t that cold out, but Audrey wanted to wear a coat and scarf because it looked cute. There are some unknown factors there that a simple explanation could have cleared up easily. *

Ember’s outfit wasn’t necessarily the best choice and her mother’s reaction was a bit eye roll inducing, but Tori and Zach choosing to use a blanket for Jackson to sleep with is just flat out dangerous and goes against current safety recommendations. It’s good they use a video monitor to keep an eye on him, but that isn’t foolproof - babies can strangle or suffocate themselves very quickly without the parents realizing. And the monitor doesn’t help much if they use the blanket at night too since Tori and Zach have to sleep as well. 

*I’m not saying this is the case. I find it entirely possible that they just had a brain fart kinda moment and didn’t necessarily realize Ember may have needed more layers. It happened to me at least once and I think most parents have a moment like that at some point. There’s a big learning curve with parenting. 

ETA: I looked at some of the comments and apparently most people were saying the baby should have a hat on, which just made me laugh really hard. My daughter’s head is macrocephalic and it’s close to impossible to find hats that fit her now. Even hoods on sweatshirts aren’t guaranteed to fit or stay on (she’s fond of pulling them off.)

I also saw that she gave an explanation in the comment section on that photo:

82E26152-FF3B-42E6-BE8E-E5A4B1E8488C.thumb.png.5d28a27cb8cfdeff6755ae1f30d16303.png

Personally, that seems like a completely reasonable explanation. We normally don’t bundle our daughter up before getting in the car because it isn’t safe. If my car is in the attached garage (which it almost always is) then we also don’t bother putting socks or hats on her because she pulls those right off (she kicks sneakers off pretty quickly too.) It’s just easier to put those on once we arrive where we’re going. 

Edited by VelociRapture
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

I don't know why, but I find Jer 10 times more annoying than Auj. He is ALWAYS interrupting her. I really cannot stand him. Ember is a cutie and Auj looks happy!

Edited by Timetraveler
  • Upvote 2
  • Love 1

On 12/1/2017 at 10:13 PM, Kangaroo said:

So I went into the site. Among other things, they use "Biblical Encouragement and Study, Knowledge and Wisdom in how to use nutritional supplements, homeopathy, herbal remedies, and Essential Oils during postpartum". So right up her essential oil filled ally.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with using these I'm conjunction with regular medical checks and advice, bit later down the page we get a testimonial from Audrey:

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_2017-12-02-13-56-06.thumb.png.b914feade18f08a9f0c6fa4881faee06.png

I know she's previously sad that it was misguided advice because of her mastitis, but the blaming of the hospital makes me wonder if (should she become pregnant again) she'll be having a homebirth and using "qualified professional" Christians only from now on. 

Supplements and stuff, it all sounds like Scientology. Let's treat depression with essential oils, not actual Therapy* or medication. I can't roll my eyes hard enough on this.

Edited by OyToTheVey
I wrote theory instead of therapy. Hello monday morning.
  • Upvote 6
  • Love 1

I’ve posted about these two Veronica and Dale Partridge a few times in here. Mainly because in an episode of LPBW Auj and Jer called them their “good friends” and invited them over to get life advice from them. They post lots of photos and videos together and Jeremy often posts that he agrees with Dale’s posts on IG. 

Well Veronica posted a nugget of wisdom about BLANKET TRAINING 101 on her blog today.

http://veronicapartridge.com/

I think Auj and Jer’s Friendship and admiration for this fundie couple tells you everything you need to know about what kind of people Auj and Jer are.

Take for example this disgusting post that Audrey liked:

Spoiler

DB548845-CC72-4A55-A67D-69B418C31D7C.thumb.jpeg.d189c2300729558cace7110b531f1bbf.jpeg

Edited by Seculardaisy
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 6

1 hour ago, Seculardaisy said:

I’ve posted about these two Veronica and Dale Partridge a few times in here. Mainly because in an episode of LPBW Auj and Jer called them their “good friends” and invited them over to get life advice from them. They post lots of photos and videos together and Jeremy often posts that he agrees with Dale’s posts on IG. 

Well Veronica posted a nugget of wisdom about BLANKET TRAINING 101 on her blog today.

http://veronicapartridge.com/

I think Auj and Jer’s Friendship and admiration for this fundie couple tells you everything you need to know about what kind of people Auj and Jer are.

Take for example this disgusting post that Audrey liked:

Hide contents

DB548845-CC72-4A55-A67D-69B418C31D7C.thumb.jpeg.d189c2300729558cace7110b531f1bbf.jpeg

I really wish there was an eye roll reaction. Dale’s post was beyond idiotic. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

She sure makes blanket time sound Fun!! and Easy!!! 

Lets hope she is just “guiding” the kids back to the blanket as she states and not whipping their little hands or body :pb_sad:

• Upvote 2
  • Love 3

Is it like they think their children look cute with blankets when they sleep? Like I get sometimes we might refer to children as shrunken adults but use some common sense! 

*thanks to FJ moms for teaching me the dangers of babies using blankets* :)

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

On 08/12/2017 at 4:04 PM, candygirl200413 said:

Is it like they think their children look cute with blankets when they sleep? Like I get sometimes we might refer to children as shrunken adults but use some common sense! 

*thanks to FJ moms for teaching me the dangers of babies using blankets* :)

I've actually learnt so much of FJ too regarding caring for babies. I've had basically no experience around them (I held an 8 month old for about 10 minutes once and he cried).

Some of these objects, like a blanket or a plush toy, I would never have thought a baby could suffocate on. I know it's obvious babies heat up quickly and you need to monitor them, but I never would have given second thought to taking comfort like a toy out of the crib!

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

Auj and Jer took pretty sexily posed Christmas card pics for two people in footie jammies. C13A80DE-A5D4-4F93-8860-6026B12FBCEA.thumb.jpeg.e371d243177d8cae6fc680ec958cb542.jpeg

Edited by Seculardaisy
  • Upvote 1
  • Disgust 2
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, Seculardaisy said:

Auj and Jer took pretty sexily posed Christmas card pics for two people in footie jammies. C13A80DE-A5D4-4F93-8860-6026B12FBCEA.thumb.jpeg.e371d243177d8cae6fc680ec958cb542.jpeg

I’m torn between laughing at how absurd this is, awe because it almost kind of works somehow, and jealousy because I don’t have footie pajamas. :pb_lol:

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I’m torn between laughing at how absurd this is, awe because it almost kind of works somehow, and jealousy because I don’t have footie pajamas. :pb_lol:

I like to imagine the moment they asked the photographer to take a photo of them in this pose. :pb_lol:

Edited by Seculardaisy
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 3
  • Love 2

Are they really footie pajamas or does Jeremy have on socks?

Are they matching pajamas to the baby's?

If so it's even more ridiculous.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Are they really footie pajamas or does Jeremy have on socks?

Are they matching pajamas to the baby's?

If so it's even more ridiculous.

I feel it in my bones that they are all matching. :P 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

I'm slightly more curious about the mattress under the Christmas tree. 

Adults wearing matching reindeer pj's?  Very odd, but perhaps it's some sort of Millennial Geek thing?

Mattress under the tree?  Who does that? 

And why do fundies/fundie lites think everyone wants to see them simulating sex?  

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

Found one photo of them with Ember, the others are all of them cuddling.

But indeed Ember has them too and they do stop short of the feet. So just matching reindeer Jammies and a weird tree mattress.

Spoiler

95AF0A6A-C159-4681-BCE9-7CE0A66C8657.thumb.jpeg.d22ac608c63546d82f161dc82910f7a5.jpeg

Spoiler

33FB85D4-7CB7-4D8C-AD3B-BDDC4B4FD17C.thumb.png.2aced71242aad4563310c8f75ee79282.png

& Audrey does indeed use the same unsafe sleep methods as Tori.It was hard to get a good screen grab but Ember has two or three blankets in her bed here.

Spoiler

C4049355-4B48-409E-B287-D079755C482E.thumb.png.ff405b0f988f5619128ae7437ef29de2.png

Edited by Seculardaisy
  • Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic