IGNORED

Little People, Big World 2

Coconut Flan

On 10/30/2017 at 10:51 AM, Seculardaisy said:

I'm sure many of you are already familiar with the toxic Matt Walsh. Here are some of Matt's post that Jeremy and Audrey liked, just to give further insight on what kinds of a-holes they are. Just a reminder that The Roloffs are another brand of the TLC fundie train. There are more posts liked by them but I think you get the point.

Hide contents

IMG_2381.thumb.PNG.d7063168c5514f2d33c575293dbcd772.PNG

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_2379.thumb.PNG.ad5bd8adb91ffd68d40509f0b8daced3.PNGIMG_2378.thumb.PNG.fbec6fd0908ef3679c0d0e8c2d051470.PNG

Audrey is just jealous the kid has much nicer features than her.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, zygote373 said:

Have the Roloffs ever publicly talked about their views on Halloween?

I know Amy always dresses up for pumpkin season, but it doesn't look like either grandkid had a costume or went trick or treating. Tori posted a picture of Jackson in a pumpkin shirt in their house, and Jeremy/Audrey posted nothing related to Halloween. No festive shirt, no costume, no candy.

If they don't celebrate it because they think it's anti-Christian, it's yet another example of how good they are at marketing. It's a pretty conservative stance to take, and yet most of their fans think they're just an average family (other than some of them being little people, of course).

Audrey has blogged about costumes she and Jeremy have worn in years past. I know one time she shared a photo of them as the couple from the movie UP! And Tori ended up posting a picture of Jackson in a full on pumpkin costume. I think they’re cool with Halloween.

ETA: Here’s a pic It’s a pottery barn costume and those don’t come cheap.

145486BA-EBD7-4745-A6FD-20A8710204EB.jpeg

Edited by Seculardaisy
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

@zygote373 I stumbled upon this on their bigot friend’s IG. They liked it from their beating50 page, so now I’m confused. Maybe they’ve changed their minds since the Up costume days and Auj and Jer won’t be letting Ember celebrate Halloween after all.

Spoiler

2DB697B0-AFF4-4968-8469-763504D856FF.thumb.jpeg.d273c88922c60cc3b63cab67dbc7122e.jpeg

Edited by Seculardaisy
  • WTF 3

Wow. I can't even with that up there. ^

What do they think of Day of the Dead then? I actually learned about the true meaning of the holiday the other day, and it was very comforting. I think it's a wonderful way to honor those we love who have crossed. 

Maybe Ember's cousin is allowed to celebrate because Auj wants us to know they are so much better than the rest of that heather family. 

Wonder if Auj hates on her MIL for getting a divorce?

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, unholypoledancer said:

Wonder if Auj hates on her MIL for getting a divorce?

They both pretty much hate that Matt and Amy got divorced. They were very arrogant about it in the last season. Sayin about how awkward it was and all of this. Sorry guys, it's not about you. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 2

LOL Really. They'd rather have their parents unhappy than divorced. Whatever Jer and Auj. 

I don't like Matt or Amy, but I don't begrudge her for wanting a divorce. She had dealt with enough by that point. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 2

I’m pretty sure Jeremy and Audrey were just pissed Matt and Amy didn’t use their “beating 50%” crap to save their marriage and promote them

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

Pine the kitty is sick. :(

They took her to the vet and they think she ate something toxic. She was throwing up a lot and hasn't been eating or drinking. It's really dangerous when a cat stops eating because they go into hepatic lipidosis - basically their liver tries to break down the cat's fat stores for energy but it's not meant to do that and it freaks out. If that happens, cats require feeding through a tube every few hours for weeks/months and don't always make it. And that's if she survives whatever toxin she ate. Some of the worse ones can cause acute kidney failure. I'm shocked the vet didn't hospitalize her for IV fluids to flush out the kidneys.

I really hope Pine pulls through, and that they are willing to put in the effort if she requires extensive care for a while.

This is why cats really shouldn't go outside. Domesticated cats don't know how to protect themselves, or what not to eat. I know some non-US cultures think it's cruel to keep a cat inside, but I find it cruel not to, at least in most of the US conditions. There are plenty of ways to keep an indoor cat appropriately stimulated without risking their life.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 6

Sorry for the double post, but Audrey has posted some more doozies on her instagram story. I guess Pine is slowly improving. I hope that continues! She addressed people who have expressed concern about her essential oils. I can't believe I didn't think of that! Almost all essential oils are awful for cats. She says she doesn't think that was the cause because she hasn't diffused anything new recently, but small amounts of that can damage a cat's kidneys over time. It's really not good for Pine to have essential oils in the air, especially if her kidneys are already damaged from whatever toxic thing she ate. She should really stop diffusing the oils, but I doubt she will.

I do feel bad for them having their kitchen ripped out again. Water leaking under the floor? Mold everywhere? Demolition again? That sucks. Buuuut part of me wonders if this was a fault they inherited, or if Jeremy installed something wrong...Dangers of DIY.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

Ember is two months old. Audrey posted a long, rambling caption about the name Ember, at one point talking about how embers relate to forest fires. Is anybody going to let her in on the secret that forest fires are NOT a good thing? :confused2: She also described embers as loyal which is more than a little bit ridiculous. Oh and of course she managed to sneak her brand into a post about her daughter’s two month milestone. 

The caption is in the spoiler because I still can’t figure out how to get IG posts to show up here.

Spoiler

C1E9F833-8D72-4B6B-B658-02D59593B4D6.thumb.jpeg.d9a403c596c6f6888df137c1a46de86d.jpeg

6595A7D4-BC46-41DE-831A-00FC168B4EC1.jpeg

Edited by Seculardaisy
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 2
  • Love 1

She needs a reality check and some common sense. Too bad they are goodlooking and hipster; that really is the only reason why they have fans. 

And that poor baby; all that pressure on her to be  the perfect Christian hipster baby. While honestly, it is perfectly FINE to be average, to be more introverted, to be shy, to not be a leader, to not always know what you want, to give up sometimes, to not 'glow', to find life hard sometimes. We are all human beings and we are all different and that is a wonderful thing. But ofcourse A and J expect their 2 MONTH old to be their picture perfect project. For this child's sake, I how she will grow up to be a straight girly girl without any gender related struggles.

It is much more important to live a life that feels good on the inside, than to live a life that looks good on the outside. If only J and A would understand that.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 5

10 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

I think Audrey might be a little poky in the mind.

A little? You are far kinder than me. I think that Audrey is coo-coo for coco puffs! 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4

28 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

A little? You are far kinder than me. I think that Audrey is coo-coo for coco puffs! 

Yes, you are right.  And her husband is an ass.  Poor little lass.  

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

This is regarding and old instagram story, but am I the only ones who finds it in very poor taste that she is posting about selling old clothes instead of donating when she is so into the superior Christian thing, and has an upper middle class lifestyle that she can keep without actually working full time?

Also, I dislike her to no end but at times I just pity her because she is just clueless about real like struggles and tries so hard to make it look like she works hard and has real problems, it is pathetic. I can sympathize with the stress a move can add to a pregnancy, and the kitchen stuff they are dealing with is not fun, but she is just constantly reminding us of everything that they have going on, and they really don't. Writing a dozen of blog posts a year does not a job make.

I was also watching the episodes leading up to the births of the babies, and Jeremy looked SO disappointed it was a girl. I feel bad for her. I think they either a. found out beforehand because they can't risk being wrong but he couldn't mask his disappointment anyways when they had to tell the world b. they noticed they have been gushing about baby being a boy on camera so they decided to wear pink  so in case it was a girl the disappointment would be a little masked by the supposed "hunch" they had.

I also noticed that after the reveal Matt said to Zack (now your baby can be the king of the farm" like implying that if golden boy Jeremy did have a boy, HE would be king, but since that was not the case the second in line was getting the tittle.

And I really think Jeremy is as dumb as they come. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

That baby sure does look like Jeremy! It doesn’t appear that she inherited the red hair that Audrey prayed for.

373FF452-F0B8-4675-B084-89648308F33E.png

Edited by Seculardaisy

I know now she’s insufferable, but damn do I feel for her on this:

I give her credit for working hard at breastfeeding under these circumstances - and for being smart enough to supplement when she needed to, rather than risk starving her baby just so she could get her way immediately. It’s obviously not the right choice for everyone, but it seems really important to her and I honestly hope the mastitis and other issues resolve soon. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

I just learned about the whole after labor pains and cried (as a don't women go through ENOUGH to bring life into this world?!). But wow I didn't realize how bad it was for her. Kudos for the drastic improvements and like you said @VelociRapture for her to realize that it's okay to supplement. Ditto to hoping everything resolves!

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

I feel for her. I totally understand what she means when she said she thought breastfeeding was a choice. I was the same way. It’s natural, it’s what breasts are designed for, etc.  No one really prepares you for how you feel when it doesn’t go according to plan. Definitely contributed to my PPD. I hope that Audrey didn’t suffer with PPD or was able to get the help she needed. 

Edited by KnittingOwl
Fixing autocorrect errors
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 1

In Audrey’s latest post, she talks about wanting to focus more on the Lord than social media. (Paraphrased). It’s kind of long and rambling. Then she advertises the blanket she is wearing and offers a promo code. Lol. Just seems so....Audrey.  

Edited by mstee
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 7
  • Love 2

• 2 weeks later...

@SeculardaisyI believe so, but o think a lot of non-QF Christians like that quote too.

Also, apparently someone (or multiple someone’s) were lecturing Audrey about how Ember was dressed:

00DB99A8-9F77-4FAA-9944-E42F99DEA271.thumb.png.b6bcc52b7462f10a64f51b0be7ce82fc.png

• Upvote 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic