IGNORED

Lori Alexander 27: Deleting Bible Passages since 2017

2 hours ago, KatBonD said:

I'm continually amazed that Lori writes and people read. It's such a boring site because she talks about the same thing over and over. The only thing that changes is that she gets angrier and less compassionate toward people day by day.

Same here. I don't get it.

2 hours ago, Evangeline said:

Shouldn't Lori shut up about the Proverbs 31 woman and using the "rod" since all of that is in the Old Testament? Hmmmm....

You'd think she should. Proverbs is not somewhere between Romans and Revelation(s) and the lady is not even a historical figure like Sapphira, Euodia, Synthyche, Chloe, Lydia.... All those are found somewhere between the book of Acts (not sure if we're supposed to pay attention to it....) or in the epistles.  All are women, by the way, and all but Sapphira would be in trouble with Lori.  

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, So-Virgin-It-Hurts said:

I'd guess quiverful, obviously.  Although I was told by a former fundie that 7 kids was the magic number and I see that there are 8 arrows in this person's clutches. 

Well, Lorken've failed miserably, then. 

And if it'd been anyone else, I wouldn't care what they did with their reproductive organs, but ... well ... people who live in glass houses and all ... 

Is Aunt Lot saying that experience trumps Bible? But isn't the Bible ALWAYS right? Especially the oh-so-precious word of Paul? 

IMG_20170820_220638.JPG

From Lori’s Blog. Always Learning:   Disciplining selfish, unruly children:

“Emma, my granddaughter, would love to be the boss. Most children would love to be the boss if they could. Ryan, my son, made Emma's breakfast this morning. He started feeding it to her. After one bite she said, "No!"  Ryan made her eat at least 20 bites between her crying. He doesn't want her to get her way and become a picky eater. He is a very smart daddy.”

“Erin, Emma's mother, told me that when they eat dinner, Emma begs for their food. Ryan didn't like that so he set a blanket down and made Emma sit on it with her toys and books while they ate. For a week, she would just sit there and scream. Then she would just cry.  Now when he lays the blanket down, she crawls over to it and plays happily while they eat.  She knows her daddy is boss and means what he says”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lori, you have “trained” your children in your abusive ways.  You had said that Emma normally eats every day but this one day she did not want the food.  Has it ever occurred to you that MAYBE, just maybe the child did not feel hungry or felt ill?  What in the world is the point in force-feeding a crying child?

The truth is people who flick a nursing baby’s cheek, who beat a toddler for FOUR hours over picking up toys, who instill fear by saying if they “complain” a snake will bite them, and who force-feed and blanket train are sick and twisted child abusers.

Just a throwback from our time with Ken.  

Ken Alexander:

My wife is not submitting to me on some issues I would like to see changed or modified on her blog. Are you shocked???

I sometimes encourage her to be more balanced, but she says, "my ministry is not to men. If you want to teach men, start your own blog.' 

I know that some of you post on Lori's blog then get instantly zapped as she loves the power to delete. I think it is going to her head. 

Maybe Lori will write a nice post about how submissive she is, today!

@Liza That post absolutely disgusted me.  Lori was practically gleeful that her son had mistreated little Emma.  It was heartbreaking.

Here is a link to the force feeding post:

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2012/06/emma-isnt-boss.html

Here is the follow up post:

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2012/07/preventing-picky-eaters.html
It includes this quote from Lori:

Some of you may think that force feeding is just terrible.  I disagree.

On another note, Lori once said:

I have a giving mother and father who do everything they can to make my life comfortable.  My mom brings me fresh juice, shops for me, and makes salads for me.  

Now Lori's mom is sick, and what does Lori do?  She goes on an 8 week vacation (which is now entering week 9).

Lori posts another "great big beautiful flower" pic from WI. Finally someone says its a hibiscus....no kidding!!! I meant to comment on this when she posted the first one. Does Lori really not know what a hibiscus looks like and does she really think its some magical flower native and only in Door County WI??

Someone finally says it...

KAK says:

August 20, 2017 at 5:49 pm

“Misty” (in your blog post) must live somewhere exceptionally cheap if they lived on $9000 for the entire year! Where I live, you can’t even rent a house for less than $9000 a year!!
Our grocery bill for 6 of us is about $13000 a year!
Petrol for both our cars is around $3000 a year. On top of that, there is WOF and registrations for them both, plus repairs – they’re both 20+ year old vehicles.
Our phone/internet (including cell phones for both of us) is $1500 a year.
Our power bill is nearly $6000 a year, and we’re on the cheapest power plan possible. We get as much free firewood as we can, but we still need to buy around $600 worth every winter – we live in a place with long, cold winters.
Plus we’re clothing 4 kids and 2 adults, and need to pay for doctor’s visits etc.
We live in one of the cheaper parts of the country (not America) yet living is still very expensive. Food here is not cheap. We have a vegie garden but because of the long, cold winters, can only grow a limited amount.
Then there’s the kids schooling, which isn’t cheap, even though education is apparently “free”.
I’m sorry, but when people tell me they live on some ridiculous amount like $9000 a year I don’t believe them. I don’t see how it is possible.
With hubby’s business and my part-time work, we gross about $32,000 a year and we don’t have the money for any luxuries.
I’m all for women staying home and families tightening their belts to make it possible for the woman to be at home with her children, but reading completely unrealistic claims on here just doesn’t help. I understand that in America food is a lot cheaper than it is here, and electricity is a lot cheaper too, but all families still need a certain amount of money just to survive. Sharing with us HOW people stretch every dollar into three would be infinitely helpful. Woman skiting about how poor they are, without sharing how they do it, just makes the rest of us (me) feel inadequate. Kids have needs that need to be met. They need to be fed. They need to be clothed. They need a roof over their heads, a warm place to live, a nice warm bed. They need education. All of that costs money. And in this country, it costs a huge amount more than $9000 a year.

17 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Someone finally says it...

KAK says:

August 20, 2017 at 5:49 pm

Quote from KAK's post

17 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

I’m all for women staying home and families tightening their belts to make it possible for the woman to be at home with her children, but reading completely unrealistic claims on here just doesn’t help. I understand that in America food is a lot cheaper than it is here, and electricity is a lot cheaper too, but all families still need a certain amount of money just to survive. Sharing with us HOW people stretch every dollar into three would be infinitely helpful. Woman skiting about how poor they are, without sharing how they do it, just makes the rest of us (me) feel inadequate. Kids have needs that need to be met. They need to be fed. They need to be clothed. They need a roof over their heads, a warm place to live, a nice warm bed. They need education. All of that costs money. And in this country, it costs a huge amount more than $9000 a year.

Let's see how much longer she lasts... I'm afraid she speaks too much common sense for Lori and her fangirls.

A few weeks ago, she posted a reply to a 1st Peter 3 - a la Lori post.  I replied to her post asking for more information on how she handled her husband's addiction issues and poof! Lori deleted, of course.  

Her new trend, looking at the "commentaries of old" is getting ridiculous.  Come on, lady Lori, what makes you think their interpretation is better than the interpretation of men like Brian?  Is it better because you agree with it?

Ken wears pants and so do I once in a while but everyone can still easily see that I am a woman and he is a man by the different style of pants and shirts we wear, by the differences in our hairstyle and cut, and I wear makeup, paint my toenails and wear earrings and he never does. He is masculine and I am feminine.

Phew, what a break...Ken never wears make up or earrings! I've been wondering, lol. Seriously now, by wearing yoga pants you can easily tell if its a woman. I suggest she wear yoga pants.

"The Egyptians must have had women who had left their homes and taken over men’s positions and some men stayed at home but the Iraelites, God’s chosen people, were not to follow their culture. They were to follow God’s ways. In the same way when Paul wrote his epistles, women were most likely not being keepers at home but were following in the footsteps of the men around them and joining them in their jobs. Maybe some of the women were smarter than the men so the men went home to take care of the home and the children but Paul exhorted the believers that this was not the case among Christians. Women who profess Christ are to be the keepers at home and the men are to be the providers. This is God’s perfect will for us."

she is such a god awful teacher. Pulling this stuff out of her ass. If she would actually study the culture, context and original text (which are the ONLY error free form of the Bible) she would be on for a big surprise. 

"Ask your husbands what is modest and feminine since they are the God-ordained head over you and you are to live in submission to their leadership in everything"

no they arent, you foolish woman. There is zero evidence or wording to support that a man is a God ordained head over a woman. This is utter nonsense. 

She tries to sound knowledgeable in her post today, to no avail... 

The Egyptians must have had women who had left their homes and taken over men’s positions and some men stayed at home but the Iraelites, God’s chosen people, were not to follow their culture. They were to follow God’s ways.

What? Where did you find that, Lori?  May I remind you where Ruth met Boaz? She was gleaning grain from his field. Gleaning = working. In the field, not at home. 

In the same way when Paul wrote his epistles, women were most likely not being keepers at home but were following in the footsteps of the men around them and joining them in their jobs. 

No, Lori, young widows were running around from house to house because they had nothing better to do, gossipping... like you do. 

Maybe some of the women were smarter than the men so the men went home to take care of the home and the children but Paul exhorted the believers that this was not the case among Christians. Women who profess Christ are to be the keepers at home and the men are to be the providers. This is God’s perfect will for us.

Would you please provide a chapter and verse for that?  It doesn't seem like Paul had any problem with Lydia of Thyatira selling purple. She opened her home to him and the church, and she's mentioned as a believer.  Of course, this is in the book of Acts, which is not found somewhere between Romans and Revelation(s).  Perhaps  the apostle wasn't yet aware of the sinfulness of women working for a living. 

10 minutes ago, EowynW said:

no they arent, you foolish woman. There is zero evidence or wording to support that a man is a God ordained head over a woman. This is utter nonsense. 

It says that the husband is the head of the wife, or man is the head of woman. The word for both man and husband is one and the same: aner. Same for wife and woman: gyne.  We depend on context and interpretation to understand, and we still don't really know exactly what the passages mean.   One thing I know is that, whatever head means, it's "head of" not "head over" and the specific instructions don't include: have authority over her, tell her what to wear, teach her, train her, demand from her, etc...  All that stuff is added.  

5 minutes ago, onemama said:

It says that the husband is the head of the wife, or man is the head of woman. The word for both man and husband is one and the same: aner. Same for wife and woman: gyne.  We depend on context and interpretation to understand, and we still don't really know exactly what the passages mean.   One thing I know is that, whatever head means, it's "head of" not "head over" and the specific instructions don't include: have authority over her, tell her what to wear, teach her, train her, demand from her, etc...  All that stuff is added.  

it got clearer after I read up at places like CBE & The Junia Project. 

On 8/19/2017 at 10:29 AM, louisa05 said:

I think it has been discussed here before (or elsewhere on FJ at least). This is Dispensationalism. The "Church Age" begins with Pentecost in the book of Acts, thus only the writings in scripture that follow that apply to Christians today. 

Wikipedia summarizes it pretty well: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dispensationalism

I feel compelled to point out that what Lori believes is bastardized dispensationalism.  It is beyond the scope of orthodox Christianity.

I'm dispensational in my theology.  I believe that we have always been saved by faith alone.  The content of faith has been progressively revealed throughout time.  But the promises of God are best understood reading the entire Bible.  All Scripture is pertinent, but must be read in context, accounting for the culture of the original audience in order to arrive at theological truths that are good for all time, and only then applied to one's life.  There is no throwing away of the life of Jesus, as Jesus is the object of our faith, and therefore central to our faith.  

7 minutes ago, AuntKrazy said:

I feel compelled to point out that what Lori believes is bastardized dispensationalism.  It is beyond the scope of orthodox Christianity.

I'm dispensational in my theology.  I believe that we have always been saved by faith alone.  The content of faith has been progressively revealed throughout time.  But the promises of God are best understood reading the entire Bible.  All Scripture is pertinent, but must be read in context, accounting for the culture of the original audience in order to arrive at theological truths that are good for all time, and only then applied to one's life.  There is no throwing away of the life of Jesus, as Jesus is the object of our faith, and therefore central to our faith.  

Sorry, but this makes WAY too much sense for Crazy Cakes Lori.

21 hours ago, polecat said:

Well, the counter-protesters had a permit for one protest and didn't need a permit for the other. So. People can stuff it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2017/08/16/president-trumps-false-claim-that-counter-demonstrators-lacked-a-permit/?utm_term=.b13169d43a76

agree a million percent. And in case people don't want to read the linked article here is the quote about not needing the permit

Charlottesville spokeswoman Miriam I. Dickler told Moyer that only one permit was issued for Emancipation Park- the one received by white nationalists staging the “Unite the Right” rally. However, counterprotesters did not need permits to protest that rally, she said.

“Please bear in mind that people do not need a permit to enter a public park, even when another event is scheduled to take place there, nor are they required to have one to be on streets or sidewalks adjacent to or outside the park,” Dickler said in an email.

Lori seems to be replying to a comment she's deleted:

Yes, wearing dresses and skirts is definitely more feminine than wearing anything else and I do believe that men like to see women in these since it does give a stark contrast between men and women. I sure am wearing more dresses and skirts than ever before. Who knows, maybe one day I will be convicted to only wear them but I’m not ready to give up pants in the winter months yet and Ken doesn’t mind me wearing pants at all.

Here Lori, let me fix that for you:

I’m not ready to give up yoga pants in the winter months yet and Ken doesn’t mind me wearing yoga pants at all.

Or how about this:

I’m not ready to give up bikinis at the beach yet and Ken doesn’t mind me bikinis at all.

Even better:

I’m not ready to give up short shorts and low cut navy tops yet and Ken doesn’t mind me wearing short shorts and low cut navy tops at all.

Lori would never allow a reader to use "I'm not ready to _____" as an excuse.  She would tell her that she couldn't trust her feelings, and if she wanted to obey God, it didn't matter whether she was ready or not!  Because TRUTH!

Lori has readers who only wear skirts, but she wouldn't dream to letting them rebuke her for wearing her short shorts.  She'd delete them so fast their heads would spin.  

Imagine if a reader said:

Who knows, maybe one day I will be convicted to be a keeper at home but I’m not ready to quit my job yet and my husband doesn’t mind me working at all.

Lori would give a verbal slap down like no other.  Only Lori is allowed to use that logic...

Oh, and in case you haven't read, Lori was already convicted to only wear skirts and dresses...

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2014/06/my-journey-to-only-wearing-dresses.html

And more recently she made this claim:

I used to wear shorts in the warmer months but I’m switching to wearing more dresses and skirts since I do believe they are more modest, especially as I grow older. 

Of course that blog post was followed by an Instagram pic of her in jeans, and even crazier, the infamous short shorts.  Guess her "convictions" don't last very long...

Lori has posted another food picture on Instagram and it occurred to me that travel might cause her a lot of food-related anxiety. I understand that, actually; I have developed some food allergies in the past few years. I know exactly what I can eat at home and all of our local restaurants, while travel is a bit more uncertain. 

Lori's eating at home is very rigid and scheduled. Traveling takes all the control away. She doesn't have her homemade soup when she travels. She doesn't have her special chips so she can count out four and have them at just the right time each day. That small vacation town probably doesn't have a health food store so she is probably struggling to find low cal foods that let her maintain control. 

I have to hand it to Lori uses speculative language, just so (she thinks) no one can call her out on making stuff up: the Egyptians must have had, women were most likely, maybe some of the women, etc.

She's making it up, and since she admits it through her word choice, she thinks she is absolved of all responsibility for that content.

At this point Lori is among those who do not take a summer vacation, they 'summer.'

I am betting having Ken around for lunch is about to drive her up the wall.  There she is trying to eat her slimy salad, and in he walks with a can of Cheez Whiz like he owns the place. :pb_lol:

Seriously though, her post the other day that mentioned it being necessary for her to feel hunger pains so she didn't become overweight was very troubling. She is painfully thin...as in really unhealthy looking.  She would have an uphill job getting anywhere close to overweight.

It's sad really.  Her whole life revolves around controlling things.  Controlling her weight, controlling other people.  I think she must be in a constant state of panic.  One minute she's got to monitor the chat room.  Something needs to be deleted, but Ken's over there ordering a pizza.  What does she do first?  It's got to be exhausting.  She's spent the majority of her vacation deleting comments.  

12 minutes ago, molecule said:

I have to hand it to Lori uses speculative language, just so (she thinks) no one can call her out on making stuff up: the Egyptians must have had, women were most likely, maybe some of the women, etc.

She's making it up, and since she admits it through her word choice, she thinks she is absolved of all responsibility for that content.

Her's the Lori we all know and love with her exaggerations and absolutes. This was from her post on "shows from 50 years ago."

Ther has never been a righteous Christian woman who worked outside the home never ever ever in the history of forever!!  

IMG_8160.PNG

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived