IGNORED

Lori Alexander 27: Deleting Bible Passages since 2017

This is a comment from the Jen Hatmaker post:

You know, I’ve always been deeply bothered by the entire premise of Jesus Calling. But, I didn’t realize the pedestal to which women have elevated it. In our church, there are MANY who women carry it around with their Bible to service, Sunday school, women’s Bible study, small groups, etc, like it is the Bible volume 2.

Let me fix that for you:

You know, I’ve always been deeply bothered by the entire premise of The Transformed Wife. But, I didn’t realize the pedestal to which women have elevated it.  MANY who women read the blog every day, discuss the principles taugh by Lori at Church, Sunday school, women’s Bible study, small groups, etc, like it is the Bible volume 2.

I have a coply of Jesus Calling. I lent it to my husband and haven't seen it since, but I didn't find anything scandalous in it either.  I guess these women's main concern is the first-person writing, but Lori claims to speak for God too and her followers seem to have no problem with it.  

A quote from the post:

Anyone, male or female, who twists the Word of God to tickle people’s ears is in danger of eternal damnation. It’s a scary place to be to teach others; for we are going to be held accountable for every word we write and speak

That goes for you too, Lori. You have set yourself up as a teacher and have many followers. Some of them are male, and most of those males are following you because your teaching tickles their ears.  Those who disagree with you, whether male or female, face your correction or deletion of their comments.  I thought you believed women shouldn't teach men?  Has it ever crossed your mind that you might be deceived?  Whether right or wrong, look at the fruit of your teachings. They encourage self-righteous judgmentalism, as we can clearly see. 

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vicente***   "Good stuff, sister. Pampered kids grow up into Charlottesville protesters and BLM rioters."

The Transformed Wife    "Yep, and the way the left is protesting Trump's presidency constantly. I chalk it up to bad parenting. They never learned that they don't always get what they want and were most likely pampered."

You couldn’t make this stuff up!

15 hours ago, louisa05 said:

Lori is a dispensationalist. I posted a link to Wikipedia's overview of that theology above, but here it is again: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dispensationalism

In short, this theology teaches that there are 'dispensations" for each era or age of "salvation history". We live in the "church age" and the "dispensation" to tell us how to live in that age is from Pentecost (in the book of Acts) through Revelations. The four gospels are relevant to a prior era and dispensation only. 

It is not a widespread interpretation of Christianity, popular mostly in corners of evangelicalism and fundamentalism. 

I saw you posted after I asked my questions.  I should really read the thread before posting, but my magpie like personality would have me then move onto something else shiny, completely forgetting what I wanted to ask or say.

Thanks for taking the time to respond again.  This is helpful.

So basically, from the time Jesus died on the cross until eternity Jesus returns to earth we are in the same age?

Also, I'm not sure of the order of the bible, but it said Acts to Revelations while Lori says Romans to Revelations.   Is this just another Lori says thing or is there some other reason for the discrepancy?

10 hours ago, EowynW said:

Mr EW is still recovering from his concussion.

Concussions are a big deal and are considered a Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI).  As well they should be.  Your brain has been slammed into something very hard (your skull).   That's why they make such a big deal about concussions in sports now.  They have found that multiple concussions change your brain and can be dangerous.

It can take up to like 6 weeks+ to fully recover from a concussion.  The best way to recover from a concussion is rest, including things like not doing things like video games, schoolwork, etc.  In other words, literally, let your brain rest and don't make it do any "heavy lifting."

So Mr. EW should not feel bad about the time it's taking him to recover.  It's normal (and frustrating!)

55 minutes ago, Liza said:

The Transformed Wife    "Yep, and the way the left is protesting Trump's presidency constantly. I chalk it up to bad parenting. They never learned that they don't always get what they want and were most likely pampered."

Yeah, I was pampered so much as a kid I grew up to think being a NAZI was a bad thing.  Go figure.

I mean history is not really my jam and I hated it all through school, but I still managed to pick up that exterminating entire races is bad...

57 minutes ago, Curious said:

Also, I'm not sure of the order of the bible, but it said Acts to Revelations while Lori says Romans to Revelations.   Is this just another Lori says thing or is there some other reason for the discrepancy?

https://www.gotquestions.org/ultra-dispensationalism.html

If I'm understanding this right, I would guess that Lori and Ken adhere to some form of "ultradispensationalism", which according to this writer can result in "unbiblical teachings"---sounds about right!

@Curious,  I think that pretty much anyone with two brain cells to rub together is protesting Trump's presidency constantly.  I don't get the slamming of BLM "rioters" and Charlottesville protesters either.  I read that shit on my sister's FB.  Since when it is a bad thing to think that cops should be murdering black people right and left and since when it is bad to protest the KKK and neo-Nazis?

49 minutes ago, Emilycharlotte said:

https://www.gotquestions.org/ultra-dispensationalism.html

If I'm understanding this right, I would guess that Lori and Ken adhere to some form of "ultradispensationalism", which according to this writer can result in "unbiblical teachings"---sounds about right!

Yep that sounds pretty much exactly what Kenori are doing. 

50 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

@Curious,  I think that pretty much anyone with two brain cells to rub together is protesting Trump's presidency constantly.  I don't get the slamming of BLM "rioters" and Charlottesville protesters either.  I read that shit on my sister's FB.  Since when it is a bad thing to think that cops should be murdering black people right and left and since when it is bad to protest the KKK and neo-Nazis?

Well the Nazis in Charlottesville had a permit, you see.  Therefore, they are the good guys because the counter protesters did NOT have a permit they are automatically the bad guys.  Nevermind that the permit holders did not do what the permit allowed.  They had the permit.

Also, he keeps saying the counter-protesters were dressed in black and "impersonating" (my word) the police.  NO that was the Nazis!

He is so disgusting.  I can't even use ALL THE WORDS like normal when discussing him.

Also, I'd be curious to know which of the white men chanting "you will not replace us," "Jews will not replace us," and "blood and soil" were "fine people"

Facebook "Always Learning" chatroom snippets:

1. Lori got mail from Singaporean fan asking for a ballpoint pen to help with her depression.

2. A husband cut off his wife's debit card because he felt disrespected, and Lori advised the wife to submit to her husband (1 Peter 3).

3. Lori commented about FreeJinger and said they write horrible things about her. She said it is very oppressive because they are extremely unhappy women.

1 hour ago, PennySycamore said:

Since when it is a bad thing to think that cops should be murdering black people right and left and since when it is bad to protest the KKK and neo-Nazis?

I hope you missed a n't there. I for one do not applaud the left and right murdering by cops of anybody. Perhaps with the exception of suicide belt wearing IS fanboys in crowded places .

Ugh so today  she makes a post out of the "who is more poor" contest!!

So much bullshit in those stories, I'm certain. No one is living on $9000 a year in this country without being in dire poverty. You can't pay for housing on that. I'm sure there are extenuating circumstances IF that is really their income. Like housing being given to them or paid by someone else plus benefits like food stamps, etc... Additionally, minimum wage for a year at federal level would make more than that and with dependents, they would be paying little or no taxes, so someone is not working much or just lying.

6 minutes ago, Joyce said:

3. Lori commented about FreeJinger and said they write horrible things about her. She said it is very oppressive because they are extremely unhappy women.

Very much unlike the contagiously joyful Lori and the bubbly fan girls on her blog.

6 minutes ago, foreign fundie said:

I hope you missed a n't there. I for one do not applaud the left and right murdering by cops of anybody. Perhaps with the exception of suicide belt wearing IS fanboys in crowded places .

You're right @foreign fundie!

It should read Since when it is a bad thing to think that cops shouldn't be murdering black people right and left and since when it is bad to protest the KKK and neo-Nazis?

I really shouldn't post right before my shower.  I was in too much of a hurry.

A ballpoint pen? What the...??

Curious how did FJ come up in topic? 

Again, like a cult would Lori tells her fan club those on the outside are unhappy so don't believe or listen to them. Happiness is through me only. 

51 minutes ago, Joyce said:

Lori commented about FreeJinger and said they write horrible things about her. She said it is very oppressive because they are extremely unhappy women.

When Ken was here, he said he wouldn't allow Lori to read FreeJinger, even if she wanted to.  How on earth does she know what's being written here?

Saturday's post is nothing but a rehash of comments that were left on a Facebook post. If anyone thinks that Lori is a prolific writer, they haven't really taken a moment to think about what she writes. Everything she writes is a rehash of things she has already said. Feminism, stay-at-home moms vs. working moms, immodest dressing, submission, women preachers, eating habits, and the dangers of (insert government run schools, vaccinations, birth control, etc.). Then she goes and writes an entire post using other people's comments. Nothing on there is her idea.

I'm continually amazed that Lori writes and people read. It's such a boring site because she talks about the same thing over and over. The only thing that changes is that she gets angrier and less compassionate toward people day by day.

Shouldn't Lori shut up about the Proverbs 31 woman and using the "rod" since all of that is in the Old Testament? Hmmmm....

Also, I don't believe she even understands dispensationalism, not even remotely. The pastor of my family's IFB church was a dispensationalist and never neglected the rest of the Bible. I'm not an expert on it, but he made it seem as if it was more about the means of salvation than living instructions. He certainly never said or acted like Jesus was outdated! Good grief. Lori is just so stupid. I can't believe anyone would seek her counsel on theology. 

1 hour ago, Joyce said:

Oh, for pete's sake. Our comments here (about what she herself has done and said, so if she thinks it's horrible, she should know why) hardly constitute oppression. We don't do anything to actually keep her down or limit her opportunities to spew her version of godly womanhood. I understand that it hurts to be attacked for doing what you believe God says to do. (According to Lori, though, feelings don't matter so it makes no sense that she would have any problem at all with what we say here.) I've been attacked for my work, too. My response has been to prayerfully consider criticism, admit where I'm wrong, apologize and change where necessary, and continue on with what I believe is right to do. Complaining about it serves no purpose, nor does making statements about people I don't know. Plus, since what she does is online, she could actually choose to not read what we say.

2 hours ago, Curious said:

Yep that sounds pretty much exactly what Kenori are doing. 

Well the Nazis in Charlottesville had a permit, you see.  Therefore, they are the good guys because the counter protesters did NOT have a permit they are automatically the bad guys.  Nevermind that the permit holders did not do what the permit allowed.  They had the permit.

Also, he keeps saying the counter-protesters were dressed in black and "impersonating" (my word) the police.  NO that was the Nazis!

He is so disgusting.  I can't even use ALL THE WORDS like normal when discussing him.

Also, I'd be curious to know which of the white men chanting "you will not replace us," "Jews will not replace us," and "blood and soil" were "fine people"

Well, the counter-protesters had a permit for one protest and didn't need a permit for the other. So. People can stuff it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2017/08/16/president-trumps-false-claim-that-counter-demonstrators-lacked-a-permit/?utm_term=.b13169d43a76

1 hour ago, Joyce said:

Nah, mostly we just repeat her own words. And why is she reading here, anyway? Shame on you, Lori. You know you're not allowed to read here! Ken says so!

@Evangeline You're right about dispensation. It's not about how to live. It's about salvation. In the old testament is was about the law, now in the church age it's about faith, after the rapture during the tribulatio it will probably be about not taking the Mark of the Beast.

Well Lori, if you do read here - did you fully swallow the part about how we are on to your game about suffering?  You absolutely did not raise your children to fear the Lord or for His glory.  Clearly, it was all done for Lori, Lori, Lori.  The entire household was and is arranged to worship Lori and provide for her 'special' needs.  We're not sad, dear.  You are looking into a mirror and seeing yourself.

Cue music:  Elvis Costello, Deep, Dark Truthful Mirror

Pertaining to the above:

https://youtu.be/2mZC5IEfedU

This is for you, Lori.  I'll love you forever, Declan! 

22 minutes ago, Liza said:

Just a little off topic, but I am curious as to what this symbol means, and cant find it.  Thanks.

I'd guess quiverful, obviously.  Although I was told by a former fundie that 7 kids was the magic number and I see that there are 8 arrows in this person's clutches. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived