IGNORED

Joy and Austin: Attending Conferences and Getting Pregnant

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

Never got to wear them in the late 60s but pined for them.  Wore them in the late 80s and possibly early 90s.  I forget!

Eschewing them now if they come back into fashion.  They were not very flattering even when I was slender!

Horrible looking on me, (thicker thighs)and the stirrups wouldn't stay under my feet. These things need to stay in the past, for adults anyway. Ugh.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a short-waisted woman with long legs, stirrup pants can take a long walk off a short bridge. I spent my early childhood with my pants crotch at my knees because of those awful things. Just no. 

17 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

As a short-waisted woman with long legs, stirrup pants can take a long walk off a short bridge. I spent my early childhood with my pants crotch at my knees because of those awful things. Just no. 

These pants are a godsend to short legged women.  I'm 5'7" my sister is 5'5" her legs are longer than mine, I have a longer torso but short legs, I frequently have to have pants hemmed. 

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

These pants are a godsend to short legged women.  I'm 5'7" my sister is 5'5" her legs are longer than mine, I have a longer torso but short legs, I frequently have to have pants hemmed. 

I'm insanely jealous--clothes look so good on women with long torsos. I couldn't wear a drop-waist dress if my life depended on it. (Okay, I could, but people would laugh.)

8 hours ago, 0Kidsandnotcounting said:

They could be using natural family planning and/or condoms. Neither Alyssa or Jinger have said they're leaving the number of kids they have up to God, so I don't think they'd be against that. I doubt either of them are on birth control though, although, as far as I know, they haven't said anything against that either.

If they are using ANY kind of family planning or birth control, I don't expect them to share this information with their parents. Why put up with the inevitable hassles, especially when they aren't living in the same state as their respective parental units and can pretty much do whatever they want without the older generation nosing around in their business?

3 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I have no waist (there actually is no space between where my ribs end and where my hips begin!) and super long legs, so I know the feeling! I haven't worn stirrup pants since I was a toddler, but I've had lots of tights where the crotch was halfway down my thighs.

2 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

I have no waist (there actually is no space between where my ribs end and where my hips begin!) and super long legs, so I know the feeling! I haven't worn stirrup pants since I was a toddler, but I've had lots of tights where the crotch was halfway down my thighs.

I also have super long legs and would have the same problem with tights but I now buy underwear a size smaller than normal and wear it on top of the tights and it holds them up. Have you tried this? It's amazing!

@Rachel333 and @ViolaSebastian I feel your pain! Stirrup pants are a no go along with drop-waist dresses. So many times the crotch of pants and tights have  been at my knees. May I also add that I'm not a fan of the ruffle trend either or that dress. It screams upholstery or curtains to me.

7 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

My friend has this problem, bless her heart she's 5'0" is a size 46 DDD she's actually square, and since she is so short she is as big around as she is tall, her bra goes around her hips, literally, she has longish legs, as long as one can have being only 5'0" tall.  

20 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

2.  Jinger has been married for 9 months and is NOT pregnant. I don't care what anyone says, they are NOT trying to have kids, be it NFP, condoms BC, what have you, It is deliberate. They are NOT quiverful they don't want elleventy children. I'm guessing we will hear she is pregnant a few months after their 1st anniversary. Jeremy has a plan and that plan doesn't include 100 kids. They will have 2 or 3 kids, maybe four, they will have 1 every 2 1/5 to 3 years and then be done.  So therefore NOT getting pregnant RIGHT NOW means delaying pregnancy.  

Even if they are purposefully delaying right now, how does that lead to them wanting 2-3 kids, max 4? Jinger could wait another 5 years to have her first, and still have 5 or 6 kids assuming normal fertility. 

9 minutes ago, lomo6 said:

Even if they are purposefully delaying right now, how does that lead to them wanting 2-3 kids, max 4? Jinger could wait another 5 years to have her first, and still have 5 or 6 kids assuming normal fertility. 

I just said IMO they will only have 3 or 4 kids. I really don't see them with a HUGE family. Jessa I can see having into double digits Josh & Anna too, but so far only those, I'm waiting to see how pregnancies go for Joy & Kendra, if they can pop them out on the couch like Jess and Anna then I see those two having a lot of kids as well.  

I have hope that a few of the kids will only have a couple of kids. Maybe Jinger will be one of them, I think a few of the boys may only have a couple of kids. But that may not happen. 

13 hours ago, viii said:

I actually think we will have another B/J pregnancy before J/J. 

Yeah me too. Jessa was so proud to be be able to get pregnant so soon after Spurgeon that she probably wants to continue that. Unless reality hits that actual parenting is hard. No news on fostering right? 

Mercurial.

That's what pregnancy and conception boil down to be. I'm sitting here with my little dumpling growing (wanted to say croissant- just waiting for the bakeries to open and eating a consolation banana), and looking at a friend's GoFundMe for IVF. We're the same age, from similar fertile turtle families. I'm pregnant on barrier method prevention without any sign of failure and while we were planning on waiting a few more years, they've been trying for five years. I haven't told her yet, because she will cry. it's such a focus for them right now I'd rather wait until she hopefully has good news to share, or when I'm obviously showing. 

Yet.

It's a defining word, a phase of life for any of us who are lucky enough to have older siblings. The symbol of waiting for your turn, being old enough to touch the oven, attention, being a bride, having an identify different than the one your parents have created. In the Duggar sense this is a very powerful concept.  It is an emphasis on waiting, waiting patiently for your time.

Now.

Maybe Joy is reveling in the fact she doesn't have to wait to touch her husband, maybe she's waiting each month for signs of a baby on the way. Maybe not. Hopefully, she's reveling in the now, in the newlywed haze!

16 hours ago, viii said:

I expect a J&B & J&K announcement by Christmas and a J&A announcement by her birthday. I'm betting J&J around spring of next year. So we will have Joy, Jessa, Kendra & Jinger pregnant together for a at least a few weeks.

ETA I'm guessing Joy will have her 1st just after her1st anniversary, Kendra just before. Jinger will have her 1st around her 2nd anniversary, and Jessa will have #3 next early summer.

29 minutes ago, cascarones said:

I haven't told her yet, because she will cry.

I've been in her shoes. Yes, she'll cry, but maybe not in front of you. :(

3 hours ago, cascarones said:

I'm sitting here with my little dumpling growing (wanted to say croissant- just waiting for the bakeries to open and eating a consolation banana), and looking at a friend's GoFundMe for IVF.

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I'm sorry that there are aspects that take away from it, such as your friend's pain. You're a good friend to be considerate to her feelings, though. I hope she is able to be happy for you, the best she can. <3 

On 8/20/2017 at 9:48 AM, singsingsing said:

I'm not saying this as a criticism at all, but I'm not sure Austin could make it as a politician. He seems to have all the charisma of a cardboard box. I feel the same way about Ben Seewald and his aspirations to go into ministry. Austin strikes me as a hard worker, dedicated, patient and honest in his dealings, and I think flipping houses, renovating, working at the Family Camp, etc. would bring him a lot of success. Politics, not so much. And of course the last thing the world needs right now is another poorly educated Christian fundamentalist getting into government.

Maybe they're just trying to rub shoulders with the power structure.  If Austin ends up running the family camp, it might be nice to know the folks who are involved with the local and state laws.  Agree about the charisma.

On 8/20/2017 at 8:34 PM, ViolaSebastian said:

I'm insanely jealous--clothes look so good on women with long torsos. I couldn't wear a drop-waist dress if my life depended on it. (Okay, I could, but people would laugh.)

What's funny is I have a short waist, but my wedding dress was a drop waist and it looked really good! I was surprised!

20 hours ago, viii said:

I thought you couldn't get pregnant from B/Js?

; )

I still find it amazing that TLC hasn't arranged it so all are (or are pretending to be) pregnant at once, due the same month. That's about the level this show is on. Like a couples only camping trip (Jana of course stuck with all the kids) and then Jim-bob yells, Ready? Set? -:Bang2:And since they are manly men in this family, a little swimmer makes it into dock in each harbor!

:brainbleach:

5 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I expect a J&B & J&K announcement by Christmas and a J&A announcement by her birthday. I'm betting J&J around spring of next year. So we will have Joy, Jessa, Kendra & Jinger pregnant together for a at least a few weeks.

ETA I'm guessing Joy will have her 1st just after her1st anniversary, Kendra just before. Jinger will have her 1st around her 2nd anniversary, and Jessa will have #3 next early summer.

Yes, same here! Just because Jill conceived an almost-certain honeymoon baby, and Jessa just a few months after her wedding, doesn't mean they all will. Jill probably loved her early pregnancy because thats what good fundie girls do, and Jessa was super eager to get pregnant too (probably because she's as stubbornly fundie as the rest of them & was in direct competition with Jill at the time). I could see Jessa getting pregnant again soon, on similar timing as her pregnancy with Henry, or I could see them not actively trying as hard to conceive now that they already have 2 & "don't have to prove themselves" as much. 

Jinger on the other hand isn't under as much pressure to represent the fundiedom with her uterus, which I think she appreciates just fine lol. They may not be using any sort of prevention now, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did later, if they decide to wait more than a year for #1, or for several years between #2 and onwards. I could see them having 5 max. "as many as God calls them to have" could be more "pray and converse with God and when he tells us we should actively try then we will" rather than "lets fuck as much as we want to whenever we want to and if a baby shows up then yay now let's pop it out and make another one".  

Jostin probably will have a baby earlier marriage, they just seem a bit more family-oriented and old-fashioned. I bet pregnant-Joy will be out and around the camp or wherever Austin is working, helping out, up until she pops haha. I definitely think both them & JK will have their first babies in 2018.

19 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I'm just going to leave this here

I'd be impressed if he had posted that when Obama was President, but as it stands I'll call bull shit because they don't care.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived