IGNORED

Joy and Austin: Attending Conferences and Getting Pregnant

Coconut Flan

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What kind of conferences? "How to flip houses and make money"?

or "Jesus Jesus Jesus"?

23 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

What kind of conferences? "How to flip houses and make money"?

or "Jesus Jesus Jesus"?

both as well as lessons on how to sit on your new husband after 27 days of marriage

20 minutes ago, nst said:

both as well as lessons on how to sit on your new husband after 27 days of marriage

They should attent a KamaSutra conference then :my_angel: .

edited: yay! My profile picture is finally up. Took me long enough. Bonuspoints for anyone that can spot the fundie reference from this scene:my_biggrin:.

So am I the only one who was completely unphased by Joy sitting on Austin? I seem to recall Pickles especially making this huge deal about it. Why? She wasn't even sitting in his lap, really, she was kind of sitting on his leg. They looked very casual. There was no PDA going on. What am I missing?

I don't think your missing anything.  I also thought it wasn't a big deal, except that it was so much more physical then they had been before (of course). I have friends that I sit with like that, but I also hug and cuddle with my friends.  The casual no big deal intimacy seemed normal and like a good step to me.  

3 hours ago, singsingsing said:

So am I the only one who was completely unphased by Joy sitting on Austin? I seem to recall Pickles especially making this huge deal about it. Why? She wasn't even sitting in his lap, really, she was kind of sitting on his leg. They looked very casual. There was no PDA going on. What am I missing?

Me to, they act like she had gone all reverse cowgirl on him in public.  She wasn't sitting on his dick she was sitting on his thighs, who the fuck cares. Geeze!

ETA:  I guess I can see how it is strange, Joy & Austin have a comfortable familiarity about them that the other Duggar siblings don't have.  That comes from actually KNOWING the person you are marring vs. just marrying the 1st guy that fills out the questionnaire.

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

ETA:  I guess I can see how it is strange, Joy & Austin have a comfortable familiarity about them that the other Duggar siblings don't have.  That comes from actually KNOWING the person you are marring vs. just marrying the 1st guy that fills out the questionnaire.

I have to agree with this, but coming from a Duggar, and wasn't it AT the Duggar homestead? It was a surprise, is all.

I think every once in a while we forget that while in real non-courting life this would be perceived as normal, that in the duggar fundie world is not the same as us which is why it was a surprise for Joy to do that, or how Jinger wears pants, etc.

7 hours ago, Chewing Gum said:

edited: yay! My profile picture is finally up. Took me long enough. Bonuspoints for anyone that can spot the fundie reference from this scene:my_biggrin:.

No, I can't and it's driving me nuts!  Please let me know!

7 hours ago, singsingsing said:

No you are not , I got the eerie feeling pickles is in desperate need of something... Projection ? :kitty-wink:

7 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Totally normal thing for couples to do. There's just such an extreme emphasis on modesty, though which is why I did a double-take when I first saw it. It's just so weird when the Duggar couples can't even do normal couple things like being alone together without a chaperone to suddenly being all over each other once the marriage certificate is signed. 

Pickles is just an asshole who wants to make EVERYTHING a big deal - like everything the Duggars do is physically endangering their children. "PLASTIC FORKS!!!" "Spurgeon is on the bed!!!! He's gonna roll y'all!!" If only Pickles followed the Nauglers! 

4 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

I have to agree with this, but coming from a Duggar, and wasn't it AT the Duggar homestead? It was a surprise, is all.

No, it wasn't at the Duggar homestead, it was wherever they did the interview session, which was in a different state and at least partially the cause of Jill and Derick not being there (the interview being something like a month before she was due). 

It's an interesting position for them though. Austin's all lounged out while Joy's perched on him *almost* primly, and yet... Definitely a different kind of touching than usually happens on the show (other than JB and M). They definitely appear more physically comfortable with each other than some of the others. At least, more physically comfortable *in public*.

Joy and Austin.png

10 hours ago, nst said:

Well, I bet it was the BEST 27 days of their lives. Got a feeling they might be another JB & Michelle when comes to affection. I still don't show heavy affection in front of family. It's just a little awkward for me. Joy is definitely feeling no shame in front of others. But we never considered her a shy Duggar.

10 hours ago, nst said:

I mean, personally I was sitting on my new husband 27 days before we were married, but hey.... he shouldn't have been sitting in my chair.

7 minutes ago, calimojo said:

so did I read on another thread that Austin has a half sister?  Was his dad married before? Or his Mom?

Dad was married before and had a child.  All I know.

7 minutes ago, calimojo said:

so did I read on another thread that Austin has a half sister?  Was his dad married before? Or his Mom?

Yes. She is his half-sister on his father's side. I think her name starts with a "R," but I can't remember. I also don't know the story there or what may have happened. 

2 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Yes. She is his half-sister on his father's side. I think her name starts with a "R," but I can't remember. I also don't know the story there or what may have happened. 

Rachael Forsyth Tunstill. She's been discussed on FJ previously, but per the Inquisitr she is indeed Austin's half sister (yes, I know, the Inquistr): http://www.inquisitr.com/4357843/fans-think-they-have-discovered-joy-anna-duggars-half-sister-in-law/

2 hours ago, calimojo said:

was he divorced or widowed?  That is kind of interesting to me.  Wonder how that plays with their peer group?

What happened to her mom is unspecified, but per a birth announcement for her daughter, based on where Rachael's public Facebook info says she went to high school, I think her mother is alive and currently going by Julia Greenwood. So that suggests that her parents got a divorce. http://www.themadisonrecord.com/2013/11/18/allove-rose-tunstill-was-born-on-november-4-2013/

7 hours ago, Beermeet said:

No, I can't and it's driving me nuts!  Please let me know!

It's the scene where Voldemort says "I can touch you now"...last time I saw the movie I instantly went to the Duggars in my mind, not being able to touch until marriage. So marriage equals being in a graveyard with Voldemort :). 

13 hours ago, SadieJane said:

I mean, personally I was sitting on my new husband 27 days before we were married, but hey.... he shouldn't have been sitting in my chair.

I think ultimately with these crazy cultists, this is such a normal thing for a young couple to do.  They are playful with each other, and agin this shows to their familiarity  but also their personalities. Where Jinger had the personality beaten out of her, Joy was able to slip through the cracks being in the middle of all the kids, and the only girl in middle of all those boys. 

I don't know if Jinger had the personality beaten out of her. When I think of all of the older daughters, they all seem to have very different and distinct personalities to me. I think they all reacted to their shitty upbringing in different ways: Jana is reserved, Jill sought to be the Perfect Daughter, Jessa cultivated a 'zero fucks given' attitude, Jinger unfortunately developed a nasty case of insecurity and self-loathing, Joy I think tried hard to compensate for her childhood as a tomboy by enthusiastically embracing her destiny as a fundie wife and mother. But none of them strike me as vacant robots who've had all the life sucked out of them - thankfully. I think that may in part be due to the fact that Jim Bob and Michelle are idiots but they're not truly unhinged sociopaths who sought out to emotionally torture their children like you see with certain other fundie parents (this is all just my mostly subjective opinion, of course).

Good post Sing, the only thing I am not sure about is the description of Jinger as being self-loathing.  Insecure, absolutely, but not sure about self-loathing.  All of the kids have been instilled with the idea of being awful sinners who were saved by grace.   I think the fact that Jinger pushed limits on courting rules, and quickly abandoned the 'dress code' as well as the breeding code, shows that she is involved in making decisions for her own happiness.  I don't think she is as full of self-loathing and convinced she was an undeserving sinner, not worthy to be a dirty rag at the foot of the Lord, as we may have once believed.  No doubt she has a headship, but she aligned herself with a headship who seems, at this point, to have broader 'guardrails' on what is godly, than what she was raised with.  The guardrails the Duggars had were like rails on a narrow one way road that had a dangerous swamp on either side that would swallow you up into hell if you put a wheel outside of the guard rail.  I think the guardrails that Jeremy uses are more like a 4 lane freeway, but still all going in the same direction, or course.  There is more flexibility to move between the lanes, be it in dress, be it in family planning, involvement in some contemporary culture, or maybe even a modest sip of wine here or there.  The guardrails don't make room for anything but straight culture of course, but perhaps they have more empathy for poverty and cultural difference given that Laredo is city with lots of immigrants and not a generally wealthy  community. 

I think the way Josh has physically let himself go, his overcompensating arrogance and his self-destructive choices seem more to reflect deeply rooted self-loathing.  Not that he is conscious of it, but it seems possible that this could at the root or part of the root of a lot of his issues. ( I also thing subliminal anger at his parents plays a role) He has never seemed like a truly happy person.  Self indulgent, full of himself, Selfish, and undeservedly self-righteous, yes, but not ever really happy.  He always seemed to be going through the motions to me, even during his wedding, and during the birth of his kids.  While I have seen him interacting with his kids in ways that seemed fairly sweet ( I remember an episode where he took the kids into a music shop and Mac played on a childsized Drum set, and he was actually good with the kids.  Of course this was pre-scandal, so now it is hard to look back at his interactions with any children and feel comfortable), he has never seemed overjoyed with each new blessing after they had their first 3. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived