IGNORED

Anne Graham: Eclipse is warning from you-know-who

MamaJunebug

Heh. I recall discussing an eclipse back when I was in second grade (~1959) and viewing one when I was in high school (~1969), but we still seem to be limping along somehow.

This has been shared in my FB feed by two friends. I had no idea that they would even consider that it's science and not religion.

One shared with the message "listen with an open heart", I prefer using my brain. 

My sister had something like this posted on her FB the other day. Some guy was claiming that there hasn't been a total solar eclipse in the US for about a 100 years and now there are going to be two in 7 years.  There was a total eclipse in the summer of 63 and again in the 70s.  I recall going outside and watching the solar eclipse of '63 through a pinhole camera.  We did not have totality, but it was still cool.  Btw, the front yard of the house where I grew up would be a great place to view the eclipse.  It's right on the line of greatest totality.

From the article @MamaJunebug posted:

In the post, Lotz states that she feels compelled to once again “be faithful to warn others of the danger coming against the land,” 

I feel compelled to tell you to quit stirring up the nutters. Also, thanks so much for endorsing Trump. I can't tell you how refreshing it is to wake up every morning wondering if that unhinged nutbag is going to start WWIII today. :angry-cussingblack:

First eclipse experience was in 70s.  We didn't get totality but it was still cool.   

We expect 85% obscuration at our location.   I am praying to the Eclipse Gods that we have a sunny day! 

26 minutes ago, nokidsmom said:

First eclipse experience was in 70s.  We didn't get totality but it was still cool.   

We expect 85% obscuration at our location.   I am praying to the Eclipse Gods that we have a sunny day! 

Oh Mitsubishi, the God of the Eclipse, please grant us a clear day for the viewing of your show of almighty power. While you have been out of production since 2011, may the eclipse of 2017 bring about favor to your launch of the crossover. Ramen.

It's just fascinating how entire world in supposed to end just because something fun happens in USA. 
We won't see an eclipse here till 2021. Either the End of the World will wait for 4 years before coming here, or we are just not the part of God's plans.  

3 hours ago, keen23 said:

Oh Mitsubishi, the God of the Eclipse, please grant us a clear day for the viewing of your show of almighty power. While you have been out of production since 2011, may the eclipse of 2017 bring about favor to your launch of the crossover. Ramen.

It took me a minute but then I laffed so hard I nearly dropped my safety glasses!!!!!!!

ETA: here's a Jewish take on the event that found most refreshing after Annie Grahammy:  Why the eclipse, already? (MJB's title)

4 hours ago, keen23 said:

Oh Mitsubishi, the God of the Eclipse, please grant us a clear day for the viewing of your show of almighty power. While you have been out of production since 2011, may the eclipse of 2017 bring about favor to your launch of the crossover. Ramen

:bow-blue: Please take this bacon and doughnut as my offering. :bacon: :doughnut:

Mr. Daisy and I are going to Tennessee to see the eclipse. Some of our friends are throwing a party and invited us. Glasses bought and arrangements made. Can't wait! Please let the sky​ be clear!

1 hour ago, AlwaysExcited said:

It's just fascinating how entire world in supposed to end just because something fun happens in USA. 
We won't see an eclipse here till 2021. Either the End of the World will wait for 4 years before coming here, or we are just not the part of God's plans.  

I think that idiot that posted the stuff my sister shared in her FB was making a big deal of the act that the paths of both the 2017 and the 2014 eclipses make a big cross on the USA.  I think it means nothing more that this one small town in southern Illinois is a great place to be on Monday and then again on eclipse day in 2024.

10 hours ago, Florita said:

The usual level of craziness from the End Times crowd:  

Oh, AnnaMatrix.  Didn't the blue moon eclipse of 2015 - when you ALSO thought Jesus was going to return - teach you anything?  

How the hell did she react to Halley's Comet back in '86ish? 

She's on the level of Harold Camping (with whom I had face to face interaction as a teen before he went TOTALLY batshit), but with some credibility with the Graham name backing her. 

On 8/17/2017 at 8:04 AM, nokidsmom said:

WWE get 62.5% (that extra .5% is important doncha know?). We live close to the beach and the forecast is overcast most of the day. I'll make my pinhole camera like I've done for all the eclipses I can remember and enjoy it if we can see it. 

@anniebgood,  one of the cool things about a pinhole camera is that you'll basically be looking at the ground and will get to see all these cool crescent shaped shadows that the leaves on the trees make during a partial solar eclipse.  I need to make one myself.  I think I missed out on the glasses.

Ah, geez, Ann. I know it's science and you don't believe in it, but you're going to be disappointed. We've had enough predicted eclipses in our history to prove that we're still here. 

I'm over 99%, but don't feel like driving the few miles to get to 100%. It has already started getting crazy here, and the fires in the path of totality aren't helping. 

In a related thought, when the world was supposed to end in 2012, I really wanted to pile some clothes, shoes, etc. outside of a Wal-Mart, to make Fundies in the area think the rapture happened and they missed it. Yes, I do have a sick and twisted side (but what would you expect from the Audrey 2?).  My city doesn't have a lot of Fundies in it, so it wouldn't have a been as effective. 

I thought I was overdoing it to drive 15 miles to get one of the junior's houses since it's closer to the midline. Friend of mine is driving 150 miles one-way  and staying overnight – – even though her own house is right on the centerline,  she wants to be with friends somewhere else. Go figure.

Wish me luck on my first pinhole camera -- bought a box of Pringles yesterday just for the purpose! *burp* ... well, that wasn't the only purpose!

Archived