IGNORED

White nationalists are flocking to genetic ancestry tests

47of74

Racists / Nazis are flocking to DNA testing sites to prove that they're 100% white but are getting disappointed.

With the rise of spit-in-a-cup genetic testing, there's a trend of white nationalists using these services to prove their racial identity, and then using online forums to discuss the results.

But like Cobb, many are disappointed to find out that their ancestry is not as "white" as they'd hoped. In a new study, sociologists Aaron Panofsky and Joan Donovan examined years' worth of posts on St--mfront to see how members dealt with the news.

It's striking, they say, that white nationalists would post these results online at all. After all, as Panofsky put it, "they will basically say if you want to be a member of St--mfront you have to be 100 percent white European, not Jewish."

I wonder how many of them found that their family trees aren't forking.

I remember the Craig Cobb story.  It's worth taking a look at the articles written about the big DNA reveal a few years ago.  Subsequently, Mr. Cobb kept taking DNA tests until he found one that lessened the extent of his "sub-Saharan blood."  What a jerk.

Here's one story - LA Times

My opinion is that if you claim that your ancestry goes back beyond the Civil War, then you will have African ancestry to some degree. This is especially true in the South. In the small town South, people know who their black and white cousins are, but pretend they don't to keep up a veil of ignorance. Thus, there are really three types of Southerners:

1. Those who know and accept they are black.

2. Those who know they're black and denying it.

3. Those who are black but don't know it.

Obviously, when I say "black," I'm using the one drop rule, which means that one can have blond hair and blue eyes and still be considered "black." In fact, when you think about it, most of our most famous black Americans are rather melanin challenged.

I posted on the Genealogy forum in QFoWD about my Ancestry DNA test.  The results were more than 50% British, about  40% Celtic (Irish, Scottish, Welsh) and 10% other -Western European, maybe some Italian, North African, Turkish and Ashkenazi Jewish.  I do know from my own knowledge and family tree climbing that some of my ancestors lived on Western NC and were among the first white settlers of Tennessee.  One of the possible "cousins" was a Collins, a surname which is associated with the Melungeon people of the Appalachians.  The origin of the Melungeons has always been a bit of a mystery with some of their lore saying that they had Turkish or Moroccan ancestry.  What the Melundgeon seem to be, though, from genetic analysis is that the Melungeons are tri-racial isolates, IOW a mixture of American Indian, Black and White.  I think it's pretty cool that I might be part Melungeon.

1 hour ago, Cleopatra7 said:

Obviously, when I say "black," I'm using the one drop rule, which means that one can have blond hair and blue eyes and still be considered "black." In fact, when you think about it, most of our most famous black Americans are rather melanin challenged.

I had genetic testing done for genealogical purposes several years ago. The bulk of my ancestry is Northern European, but going by the one drop rule, I'm a biracial woman because I have some African and Native American ancestors. I was intrigued to learn about this, but I was not upset by it. 

I for one would love to be there to point and laugh when some of these asshats find out they're not invited to their own party. 

Hey assholes! Need some medical assistance for that giant bite on your ass from karma?[emoji13][emoji13][emoji13][emoji13]

Archived