IGNORED

Dillards 39: From SOS to Peddling ALERT

Coconut Flan

20 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

Thanks for the Information. Although I'm a bit perturbed that I developed both my autoimmune disease and subsequent shellfish allergy as an adult. 

Completely with you. For me it's nuts. It's really strange for people to have an adult allergic to nuts. They always assume I'm asking for DD. I miss peanut butter. 

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Another cryptic endorsement of Trump and Trump's response to Charlottesville from fool-boy....  C3 stands for Callow, Callous, and Cocksure, right?

59970b88e9b7c_DewwickTwwweets.png.b2ddea0083c4aa74522a18c79524d070.png
No, I think this is directed at us/detractors. Hi, Derick!

On 8/16/2017 at 3:54 PM, Fluffy14 said:

What a shock to her senses. She is going to feel old and the oddball for already having two  kids.

I have to say that this totally sucks. My situation is different than hers. My husband and I aren't fundies, we dont live off our parents, TLC or the gov, etc. 

But I'm 23 and I have three kids. My husband and I have been married for 5 years. It's really hard to make friends. I find it incredibly awkward and difficult to talk to people my age because we just have nothing in common. I'm a sahm to three kids and they have their own interesting lives. The moms I know that are my age are just starting to have kids so their one and only child is a newborn while mine are all older. (Oldest just turned 5 a few days ago.) 

I feel for Jill because she's going to really struggle. Her priorities and interests are totally different than the women she'll be around and it's definitely harder to bond with child free people when you're a mom in her early 20s. Maybe there will be a non fundie young mom who can open Jill's eyes a bit and be her friend. 

On 8/16/2017 at 5:04 AM, SuffolkNWhat said:

It's all about who you are and who you know rather than qualifications though isn't it?

Just like SOS, you don't need any qualifications other than just saying Jesus, Jesus, Jesus

John 11:35

8 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I'm going to be real quick about this but I am concluding that Derick is just like that huge piece of shit that you step in, it sticks to your shoe, and when you go into the grass to wipe it off, it goes everywhere. Derick is that annoying. 

Well said!!

Oh to be a fly on the wall at the TTH. Is J-B cross at Dwreck? Duggar racism, hate and bigotry is kept reasonably well under wraps. Dwreck either hasn't learnt that lesson or just cannot keep his gob shut. He is obviously racist and totally bigoted, but like Trump, can't keep away from twitter. He could single handedly kill off the Duggar brand if he carries on. TLC may not care of course as long as the cash continues to roll in. 

1 hour ago, Gobsmacked said:

Well said!!

Oh to be a fly on the wall at the TTH. Is J-B cross at Dwreck? Duggar racism, hate and bigotry is kept reasonably well under wraps. Dwreck either hasn't learnt that lesson or just cannot keep his gob shut. He is obviously racist and totally bigoted, but like Trump, can't keep away from twitter. He could single handedly kill off the Duggar brand if he carries on. TLC may not care of course as long as the cash continues to roll in. 

Is it? Most people know or think the Duggars are bigots. Remember Michelle's robocalls? The Duggars also signed an anti gay marriage petition after Josh 's scandals. I do think they want to avoid more scandals, but they probably didn't see anything wrong with Derick's Jazz tweet (Jeremy low key supported his tweet.) 

Why does everyone think that tweet is about Trump?

2 hours ago, KnittingOwl said:

Completely with you. For me it's nuts. It's really strange for people to have an adult allergic to nuts. They always assume I'm asking for DD. I miss peanut butter. 

I suddenly developed a penicillin allergy as an adult while dealing with an infected tooth. My dentist told me that her brother developed an allergy to "stone fruit" in his 50's. Peaches and any other fruit with a stone/pit. I believe he was fine with other types of fruit. So weird. 

having dark under eyes and allergies are a thing.   I hope they get him some allergy medication if he dose, but going off Bin and the Duggar kid they made mow the lawn even though he was allergic to grass, probably not.  

This was a few pages back, but the Duggar boys didn’t get sheets to sleep under because they could masterbate.  Another sad true story.   

17 minutes ago, LovelyLuna said:

This was a few pages back, but the Duggar boys didn’t get sheets to sleep under because they could masterbate.  Another sad true story.   

For real??? Is this a Gothard thing? I had just assumed washing all those boys' sheets was too much work for the girls. (Michelle sure as hell wasn't going to do it, and the boys can't wash their own sheets because penis.)

Just now, FloraDoraDolly said:

For real??? Is this a Gothard thing? I had just assumed washing all those boys' sheets was too much work for the girls. (Michelle sure as hell wasn't going to do it, and the boys can't wash their own sheets because penis.)

I don’t remember if it was GotHard or not, but I know for sure it was a family practice for the boys to not have top sheets or comforters and for the girls to sleep fully clothed.  No real idea why on the second one.  

Just now, LovelyLuna said:

I don’t remember if it was GotHard or not, but I know for sure it was a family practice for the boys to not have top sheets or comforters and for the girls to sleep fully clothed.  No real idea why on the second one.  

Did the practice of having the girls sleep fully clothed start after Josh molested his sisters? If so, that could explain why. (Not that that would keep the girls safe, but I can imagine the Duggars thinking it would.)

1 minute ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

Did the practice of having the girls sleep fully clothed start after Josh molested his sisters? If so, that could explain why. (Not that that would keep the girls safe, but I can imagine the Duggars thinking it would.)

ok so we used to speculate they did it for less work for the sister moms in the morning.  Then the Josh thing came out and there was discussion about weather they did it because of that.  I believe no real consensus was reach. 

I developed shell fish allergies when I was 26. I also developed a whole lot of environmental allergies since then. It stinks - pills don't do a lot for the environmental stuff, and the shellfish thing has thwarted many of my favourite restaurant options. Thankfully I have insurance to make it possible for me to obtain EpiPens (don't even get me started on the fucking price gouging - that bit of corporate greed just makes me think the government should subsidise any and all medically necessary medicines and/or produce their own generics and distribute free of charge - as it is, I've been know to pass along my spare EpiPen to a friend with a severe nut allergy and no coverage and no money, and I know a four year old who almost died because his parents couldn't afford one :kitty-cussing:).

Allergies are no joke and they can really mess up a person's health.

Derick is being so relatable recently with such cute tweets about his two year old learning the important life skills suitable for his age... oh no wait- never mind...

9 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

Well said!!

UPTV is still just hunky-dory with the Bates family even though they have a freakin' KKK Room (but it's OK because some of Kelly's sisters are black!). TLC is still hunky-dory with the Duggars even though their ranks include a known sexual predator and an avowed transphobe and racist. At this point, Josie could join ISIS and they'd air a special about her adjusting to life in the Caliphate and destroying all infidels.

10 hours ago, Henk12 said:

The moms I know that are my age are just starting to have kids so their one and only child is a newborn while mine are all older. (Oldest just turned 5 a few days ago.) 

I have the opposite problem. All the women in my life or my age seem to have teenagers and adults and I have an almost 3 year old. I didnt have a kid until I  was 33 whereas my friends started young and my siblings are over 7 years older and i was a kid when theirs were born. My oldest nephew has the closest aged child (18 mo) to mine! Same on his dads side too sigh.....

6 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

At this point, Josie could join ISIS and they'd air a special about her adjusting to life in the Caliphate and destroying all infidels.

:pb_lol:

On 8/18/2017 at 6:55 AM, xlurker said:

As its been said before, all allergy sufferers have different symptoms.  Personally, I had the dark circles/swelling around my eyes.    Particulally left eye--was always noticably worse.  Turns out as an adult I had surgury, only on my left sinus as the right side was fine with medication....the way I was put together meant much of my problem was due to the left side.  Post surgery, while I still have allergies,  the swelling/dark circles are mostly gone.

I've had major sinus surgery ( they did everything you can have done) and my right side was blocked completely. You can have more issues with one side than the other.

Dear DerDum,  2 year olds don’t manipulate you or act like assholes on purpose.  You are projecting and you should be ashamed.  You are missing out on the sweet and innocent phase, and YOU are the asshole. 

Mr. Baby Bottle Pop loved peaches growing up. Still loves them now but doesn't eat them because he will have a reaction and his face will break out in hives. He often says how much he misses eating them. 

He doesn't eat other fruits with "stones" so I have no idea if it could be an allergy to cherries and other pit fruits as well. 

I really feel bad for Israel and Samuel. Derrick as a male authority figure does not bode well, especially with Derrick being "suspicious" of Israel at two years old. A pushover mom with possible medical or emotional issues and a dad with multiple hateful phobias and bias and an anger problem, as well as a possible aversion to work (time will tell about C3).

Seriously Derick? He's two years old, h doesn't have a clue what lying is! He probably wants you to get off twitter and pay him some attention! 

I'm not trying to defend Derick, but I've had that conversation with a few kids under 5. It was funny. A few years ago I saw a documentary on PBS about the behavior of kids and  I saw something similar to this. 

10 hours ago, purplepeony said:
Derick is being so relatable recently with such cute tweets about his two year old learning the important life skills suitable for his age... oh no wait- never mind...

He is an idiot.  And I do think it is possible for a 2 year to be manipulative.   There is a difference between making the connection between if I do this, then they do that, which is a form of manipulation, vs, intentional manipulation to gain favor or get out of trouble or to be exploitive.

A young baby that learns when they drop a toy off of their high chair and the parent picks it up, has learned a basic lesson in manipulating the world around them.  They have learned that if they behave or do a certain thing, that it produces a predicted response.  Anyone who has ever raised or been around small children remembers the time their baby learned to drop or throw something and how they were amused by mom or dad or a sibling having to pick it up again. 

An older 2 year old understands enough of the world that they may employ some form of manipulation to gain what they want, or to get out of trouble.  But it isn't a malicious form of manipulation.  They are just operating in the world to the best of their ability.  THey are learning that when I throw a tantrum in public, mom gives me a sippy cup to keep me quiet.  If  they are sweet and affectionate, they learn that their mom or dad, etc is more doting on them, etc.    Learning to manipulate is actually something that we all do.  And we will employ non-malignant manipulation our whole lives.  We behave in a way that is likely to produce the result that we want.  This is a key part of human nature.  And we quickly learn if we behave in an oppositional way to what we want, that makes our life more difficult.  Our parents even teach us to be manipulative.  How many parents over the years haven't told their kid at the grocery store that if they behave, they will get a reward?  We are manipulating through bribery the good behavior of the kid, while teaching the kid that by behaving in a certain way,  they have a predictable result of a reward in some way. 

Derick is a dweeb.  So it is too much to expect that he would understand the nuances of child development.  And a 2 year who 'lies' is not really lying like say a 4  year old would.  The 2 year old is reacting to the expectation of the parent to answer in a certain way.  They are not calculating how to answer with deception.  They are answering as they perceive the expectation to be.  It is not unlike a dog that chews up trash 2 hours earlier and then their owner yells at them.  People assume the dog is aware that it is guilty of the act when in fact the dog is reacting to the obvious displeasure of their owner and body language of the owner pointing out the aftermath of the dog's chewed up remnants.   

Throwing cups etc off high hairs is also a child learning about gravity. Items fall with a loud banging sound onto kitchen floor tiles. Hours is amusement to be gained. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived