IGNORED

Where in the World Is Doug Philips (Who Is a Tool)? Part 6: With the Gyrating Flesh

Coconut Flan

I'm a couple years younger than Beall, and I'll be older than 50 when my youngest is 11. I'm wondering if I'll have that much time turning 50. It's this a common thing? It's 50 that much older than 48? She worked on this for a full year. Hmm. 

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is Be-all done with the blog?  She hasn't posted in forever and the top & bottom IG links still point to her old count.down.to.50 username (and return a "Page not found" error).

18 hours ago, bea said:
20 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:
Be-all certainly has mastered the art of speaking in code!

I was just coming here to say that. She's so COY about the fact that Doug is gone.

I thought it was code for the adulation of the masses, the free house with the pool, the free trips, and all the other perks of VFM life too.

Beall's long post decoded:

"I was pissed about my husband of 25 years leaving me and our kids and galavanting around Europe with semi nude women, but I've accepted now."

This whole project seems like the work of a lonely woman desperate to get back just a little bit of the life she had when she was queen.  Ten years ago she reigned as queen over an entire little subculture.  She had a giant home, filled with children, minions desperate for her attention, free labor from the servant girls, trips around the world all on someone else's dime, and what likely appeared to be a rock solid marriage to the alpha patriarch.

Today, the inground pool is gone, the children are leaving the nest, the servant girls saw what happened to their predecessor, her patriarch is running around the world trying to stick his dick in every nubile, dimpled brunette that crosses his path.  She's gone from queen to an object of pity.  What else is there to do besides go on social media and hashtag yourself out for likes?

I grabbed this screenshot from Doug's facebook profile several days ago (on the 24th, I think), but never got around to posting it -- not sure if it's common knowledge here already or not, but I found this quote to be rather interesting:

Two years ago I was a visitor living for many months by myself in a hotel and writing a book in a sleepy little town called Durango.

Durango.PNG.6602d10cf66e44bbea536b3a0e3bf688.PNG

Does anyone know what book he's referring to, or if it was ever published?

And did we know that he lived alone for "many months" in Durango?

Doug hung out in a BAR? Was friendly with a woman mixologist?

I swear this is all so weird. He never believed a word of the shit he spouted to the VF sheep.

God, if I were Elizabeth and Anna Sophia B I'd be so pissed. What could they have accomplished if not for their stupid needy father falling under Doug's sway?

1 hour ago, RebelliousEscapee said:

I grabbed this screenshot from Doug's facebook profile several days ago (on the 24th, I think), but never got around to posting it -- not sure if it's common knowledge here already or not, but I found this quote to be rather interesting:

Durango.PNG.6602d10cf66e44bbea536b3a0e3bf688.PNG

Does anyone know what book he's referring to, or if it was ever published?

And did we know that he lived alone for "many months" in Durango?

Wondering if DPIART left his family & move to Durango or if he was kicked out.  Did Beall then moved Durango in an effort to reconcile?

They are (or at least Beall is) apparently still maintaining a residence in TX.

This is all so strange.

I think someone did this already but I couldn't find the old Post. But I went back through Bealls 50th yr insta account (yay insomnia keeps me productive)  and the last time the Tool was mentioned was last February. She posted an old picture of the two of them and said something about how she wants to show him she cherishes him, and she can't wait for their anniversary in July. After that there are a couple times he gets a side mention "the father" or "not pictured" Nothing on or near their anniversary, then the weird divorced parents pose at the wedding. 

Doug Phillips has got to be a full blown clinical psychopath.  No remorse, no convictions, no real opinions  Shape shifts into any form necessary to get what Doug wants.  There is no way you could go from what he was to what he is now that quickly any other way.  He learned how to survive in conservative christian circles from his father, and when that game finally blew up, he put on an entirely different personality like he was simply changing clothes.  The only reason it took this long was because he needed to wait for the legal issues to fade away.  I can't decide yet if his intelligence is a good thing or a bad thing.  It probably keeps him from having to resort to physical violence to get what he wants, but it makes him sooo much better at his con games.  

The mixologist on the right: 

Spoiler

Screenshot 2017-10-29 at 12.41.25 PM.png

It's becoming more apparent DWP uses his photography as a way to make connections with young women, in a creepy sort of way.  This woman has a steady guy, but still, the pattern.  

Can anyone find their way back to the time frame of Beall's garage sale in Texas?

@Maxwell, can you clarify?  "They are (or at least Beall is) apparently still maintaining a residence in TX."

6 hours ago, Howl said:

@Maxwell, can you clarify?  "They are (or at least Beall is) apparently still maintaining a residence in TX."

Sure.  This IG photo contains the following, "We pulled into San Antonio late last night, dumped everything on the floor, ran back out for toilet paper, and collapsed."  Also the hastags #thekettlebelliscalling and #thereisnobutterinthefridge.  That sure sounds like a second home to me.

The douggie frequently pops up in comments and likes on the IG accounts of his European ingenues, and occasionally still shows his face on his children's public IGs, but on his wife's.....radio silence.  Nothing even on her milestone birthday.  Nothing, even though we're discussing the obvious secret separation.  The old douggie would have spammed her page with florid declarations of undying love at least for the sake of public appearance.  The "exemplary patriarch" is no longer the role that butters his bread, and he can't be bothered to give a damn.  He took away her best years, her time, her energy, her social status, her home, and her family. 

I know she's not completely innocent in all of this either, but if she hired a hitman someday, I would be neither shocked nor dismayed.

DPIAT is blogging again.

cinemaofwonder.com/new-blog/

Doug's lifestyle may have lost much of its pretentiousness, but his prose has not.

25 minutes ago, RebelliousEscapee said:

DPIAT is blogging again.

Doug's lifestyle may have lost much of its pretentiousness, but his prose has not.

This makes me intensely uncomfortable. Given his (un-self-acknowledged) recent past, Doug Phillips has NO business waxing lyrical about the evils of exploitation and abuse of minors. Or anyone, for that matter. 

What a crock of utter horseshit.

“There were things which were not there-- the complete absence of blondes, red heads, blue eyes...”

So, right up your alley, in other words?

“And what is true for world wars is also true for people in the midst of divorce, death, and every form of personal tragedy. If you have been dead, you want to believe it is possible to feel alive again.”

Ah, yes… The ol’ “She makes me feel ALIVE again!” excuse. Doug, you really are so common.

1 hour ago, RebelliousEscapee said:

DPIAT is blogging again.

"0 Likes" the page says. Yeah, pretty much.

Well, that made for rather uncomfortable reading.

Knowing some of the background, some of the things in DPIAT's past, takes that blog from slightly pretentious to almost predatory. I understand that it's his blog and therefore, of course, it's about him, but I'm sure there could have been other ways to tell those stories without Doug-the-Entirely-Heroic at the centre. 

I can't put my finger on exactly what it is that bothers me so much about it. Patronising, colonial, sexist? Self-centred, self-aggrandising? The little details of being touchy-feely with children who may not be able to refuse such contact, and the over-familiarity? Something about several children wanting to hold his hand for hours and call him 'father' just doesn't sit right with me. I hope that he was making full use of creative licence.

BEC or genuinely disturbing?

Both?

20 minutes ago, Jellybean said:

I can't put my finger on exactly what it is that bothers me so much about it. Patronising, colonial, sexist? Self-centred, self-aggrandising? The little details of being touchy-feely with children who may not be able to refuse such contact, and the over-familiarity? Something about several children wanting to hold his hand for hours and call him 'father' just doesn't sit right with me. 

There's nothing Doug loves more than playing White Savior. But looking at this hilarious-yet-pathetic photo again makes me wonder: have we paid attention to Doug's ring finger in recent photos? Is he still wearing his wedding band? 

PhillipsHaiti_B.jpg

26 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

But looking at this hilarious-yet-pathetic photo again makes me wonder: have we paid attention to Doug's ring finger in recent photos? Is he still wearing his wedding band? 

This photo shows a ring... although I'm not certain it's the same band he's wearing in the photo above. 

Well, that was icky.

Also, caught a error... This one's for you Dougy... 

"Holding the hand for two hours of an 11 year old girl as shook uncontrollably"

I don't have room to complain, I tend to edit after I post.

Ooh good find @RebelliousEscapee

Its difficult to tell from that angle, but the ring does look very large, possibly more like a signet ring (screenshot of someone else's hand from one of the videos on DPIAT's website):

IMG_6021.PNG.87cf34a48d81ad41ede1c3a4bff0f0eb.PNG

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived