IGNORED

Where in the World Is Doug Philips (Who Is a Tool)? Part 6: With the Gyrating Flesh

Coconut Flan

It looks like three of the Stevens boys married Townsend girls. Kyle and Ella had a double wedding with Andrew and Samantha (I think? Someone correct the names if I'm wrong).

Possible photos here: http://lemonadeandlenses.com/anna-kraft-photography/ No first names listed, but it looks like them, and the location is right.

If so, it's surprisingly nice for a fundie wedding, and definitely a step up from Chris Maxwell's photography.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/20/2017 at 8:22 PM, DomWackTroll said:

Doug has put some new videos from India up on Vimeo. I guess he's really there. 

Not only is he really there, he's had an Indian Epiphany, whatever that is.

It's kind of confusing because he's set his Indian Epiphany video to a soundtrack of Nessun dorma.

Damned if I know what Nessun dorma has to do with the Sanctuary Home

On 10/20/2017 at 6:22 PM, DomWackTroll said:

Doug has put some new videos from India up on Vimeo. I guess he's really there. 

Maybe the European Lady Flo/retro/goth crowd has caught on to his duplicitous ways, and he's had to move on to new ground.

Reminds me of how the big American tobacco companies started pushing their products in third world countries, after cigarette pack health warnings became mandatory in the States.

Just a different form of toxicity...

Caption for the Vimeo:  Moments in time captured in Southern India during an investigative report in human trafficking.

Considering this man's predatory past, this makes me very uncomfortable. 

I agree with @hoipolloi! Could there be a more inappropriate sound track?  The music makes no sense relative to the content. 

Also, based on facial expressions, a few of those people did not appreciated being filmed. 

I haven't even seen the video yet but oh my here he comes Bollywood. That so fits him. He absolutely loves the operatic OTT drama of Nessum Dorma. Opera is not something about which he is particularly authoritative but he has a "little bit of knowledge" of it which proverbially makes him more dangerous with his misuse of it. 

8 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Not only is he really there, he's had an Indian Epiphany, whatever that is.

I sincerely hope his epiphany is "quit being a dick."  I'm not holding out any hope, though. 

9 minutes ago, Quinquagenarian said:

I haven't even seen the video yet but oh my here he comes Bollywood. That so fits him. He absolutely loves the operatic OTT drama of Nessum Dorma. Opera is not something about which he is particularly authoritative but he has a "little bit of knowledge" of it which proverbially makes him more dangerous with his misuse of it. 

Slight thread drift, but I read an interesting CNN article about Bollywood and Bollywood stars living and making films in Dubai: Bollywood's love affair with Dubai

If we hear that he's in Dubai.....

I've been perusing the Sanctuary Home website - it's part of the Asian Pacific Children's Fund (http://apcfund.com), which was founded by Don and Molly McAlvany.

Don has a website called McAlvany Intelligence Advisor (interesting Durango CO connection bolded by yours truly):

Donald McAlvany is the editor of The McAlvany Intelligence Advisor (MIA), a monthly geopolitical/financial intelligence newsletter analyzing global economic, social, political and monetary developments and their effects on our country, free enterprise system, families, and finances for today and the future.

Don's hard hitting, factual approach made him a favorite on such radio talk shows as Marlin Maddoux’s Point of View, the Southwest Radio Bible Church, Moody Network’s Prime Time America, South Africa’s 15-million viewer prime time Network and many more.

He has been a featured speaker at Christian, political, monetary, and investment conferences in Western Europe, Africa, Australia, the Middle East, Hong Kong, and Singapore, as well as all over the North American continent and Latin America.

He has conducted similar tours of the Pacific Rim with General John Singlaub, Dr. David Nobel of Summit Ministries, and Robert Morris, former Chief Counsel to the U.S. Senate Foreign Relations, and Internal Security committees.

With a background in undercover intelligence work, Don remains closely connected with the international intelligence community. He is sought out by leading high-level political, business, and military leaders throughout the world, who desire his consultation on issues ranging from military strategies to understanding geopolitical moves affecting global freedom and the international marketplace.

After graduating from the University of Texas, Don worked for six years as the National Marketing Director of the world’s largest gold share investment company. He is chairman of International Collectors Associates (ICA), a 35-year-old Colorado-based securities, precious metals, insurance, and consultation firm serving clients in over 20 countries. Don and his wife, Molly, have four children and currently reside in Durango, Colorado.

With such a background, Don is well qualified to research and expound upon major financial, economic, political, and geopolitical events at home and around the world. He invites you to join him in his monthly discussion of such events in MIA.

Curiouser and curiouser!

ETA: Don and Molly are profiled in a book entitled "The Intentional Legacy," by David McAlvany (their son, I'm assuming). Based on what I'm seeing in Google Books, it sounds a whole lot like Geoff Botkin's "200-Year Plan."

@Marian the Librarian, you exemplify Information Science at its absolute finest shining hour! That is a yuge find! 

But these guys hooking up with the now disgraced VF leader who has (re) discovered his love of the human form + now with burlesque seems............odd.  Maybe DPIAT faux "repented" and is now back in the saddle. 

9 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Yes indeed -- a legend in his own mind who provides daily news briefs from Bloomberg, AP, the BBC & World Nut Daily. 

:2wankers::2wankers::2wankers:

I know you can do a lot just from having internet, but if you are a mover and shaker in the world of investment, finance, and geopolitics, you wouldn't live in a small city like Durango, with a population of around 18,000; for one thing, there's no super high speed internet and that won't change any time in the future.  

The West Slope of Colorado is geographically isolated from, well, everywhere.  Driving time to Denver would be 8 hours at a minimum, (assuming all high passes are open), Phoenix would be about the same and Salt Lake only slightly less. 

It's relatively well connected, with daily air service to Denver, Phoenix and Dallas but nothing direct to DC or NYC. 

David McAlvany (who looks a bit like DPIART) is second generation.  Here is a quote from his own resume:

At the helm is host David McAlvany, a man who has been preparing for his role as lead economic investigator and world news maven his entire life.

At the age of 6, David delivered his first speech on inflation standing atop a coffee table and wearing a three-piece suit.

The nut doesn't fall far from the tree.

On 10/20/2017 at 1:22 PM, AnnaSofia said:

It looks like three of the Stevens boys married Townsend girls. Kyle and Ella had a double wedding with Andrew and Samantha (I think? Someone correct the names if I'm wrong).

Possible photos here: http://lemonadeandlenses.com/anna-kraft-photography/ No first names listed, but it looks like them, and the location is right.

If so, it's surprisingly nice for a fundie wedding, and definitely a step up from Chris Maxwell's photography.

Last week was pretty awful for those families. Kyle Stevens died when his plane crashed into the Yukon River. 

23 minutes ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

Last week was pretty awful for those families. Kyle Stevens died when his plane crashed into the Yukon River. 

And they have a toddler and a baby. What a tragedy. 

“My oldest had some advantages that Virginia doesn't have…”

Like... a father? Because if you ask me, you're all better off without him. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived