IGNORED

Where in the World Is Doug Philips (Who Is a Tool)? Part 6: With the Gyrating Flesh

Coconut Flan

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ladyamylynn said:

I wouldn't be so sure. She was in NYC with the kids at the end of August.

Perhap accompanying the children for the visitation handoff and taking advantage of being in that great state?   Lack of photos together of them, except at the restaurant at the graduation and there they sat way apart, that tells me there is more to the story.  

55 minutes ago, ladyamylynn said:

She posted the photos on her private instagram. Virginia and the younger kids were with her. No photos of Doug though.

Have you seen any photos of Beall and Doug together on her private account? :)  Just curious, perhaps I am off base with my thinking, but I don't think so.

On 9/16/2017 at 2:35 PM, ladyamylynn said:

Nope!

Thank you!  Well, I think there's a story there.  Let's see what is unveiled at the end of the month.

I don't think anyone's going to say a word. There would be no benefit to either of them - Beall is still running in fundie circles, so are the kids. She keeps up the "happy families" pretense while Dougie screws his way through Eurotrash and (presumably) the East Coast.
Though I do wonder about "Eva." Maybe she's going to break for the secular world.

Kelly Crawford, 2010: “I pray women who may have thought nothing of a swimsuit in the past will examine whether it ‘reveals the glory of the Lord’ to expose intimate body parts.”

http://www.generationcedar.com/main/2010/04/modesty-is-there-a-standard.html#comment-20487

But look who’s wearing a gymnast’s uniform in 2017. (Though of course, dishonest Kelly chose a pic in which she’s wearing pants over it. We still know what a gymnast’s uniform looks like, Kelly.)

She really is the worst. Such a hypocrite. 

My niece does gymnasicts and the ones without sleeves are exactly like your standard one piece bathing suit. I love fundie blogs because "holier than thou" attitudes are forever set in stone for us to laugh at. 

Apparently, the Thomas parents are just fine with their unmarried daughter, Melanie, wearing miniskirts and stiletto heels now…

sept201713.jpg

…but this how Melanie (on the right) dressed when they were deeply immersed in Doug Phillips' cult:

march21211sm.jpg

I want to thank Jordan Niednagel for never deleting anything, ever. No one photo-documented the Vision Forum insanity as doggedly and skillfully as Jordan. And it's all still there, Doug. 

That's a very good question, @Palimpsest, but her Facebook page doesn't give us a clue. I wonder if she has a "real" job. My gosh, she and her twin Melissa would be how old, now? Late twenties? Early thirties? 

20 minutes ago, Quinquagenarian said:

I'm open to theories on why Phil Douglas DPIARBT has a clip from Pulp Fiction up at "Scenes from a Beautiful World."

It's that black wig Uma's wearing, IMO. If she just looked like her everyday self, Doug would be like, "Meh." 

I forgot it was a serious contender in their Vision Forum Film Festival.  I think you all missed it but Little Eva sang a medley of "Son of A Preacher Man" and "You Never Can Tell" from the Pulp Fiction but the footage released to the public did not include thoserendition. Only the song she sang with her father's help--that you may have seen--only that was released.

5 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

That's a very good question, @Palimpsest, but her Facebook page doesn't give us a clue. I wonder if she has a "real" job. My gosh, she and her twin Melissa would be how old, now? Late twenties? Early thirties? 

I think Jordan just turned 33 so The Lovely Meliss & Melanie The Hottie are 30?

The Thomases - skinny Pa, always-beaming Ma, whichever Thing isn't married (Micaiah?) and Melanie have moved to Saint Louis, MO. As if the bi-state doesn't have enough whackos and loony birds. It is but a matter of time before I encounter them, the Zeses, the Arndts and assorted others on my perambulations. *mutter...*

I will hand it to the families - they pranced all over the midtown area after some kind of concert at night and didn't run into any trouble. Let's hear it for the police patrols and dumb luck. I'm really glad when people can enjoy the area at any time of day without troubles, of course.

But I wanted to slap Jordan for remarking on how very interestingly ODD it was to find a giant chess piece on a lawn: You were looking at The World Chess Hall Of Fame, dumbo! 

*snarl...* I'm still not over him for presuming the Saint Louis Zoo would be a dump because of free admission. Pinhead! Taxes from residents and donations from devoted fans keep it free for everybody, even ignorant big mouths like you, muscle-brain!

Sorry - I don't think I'll ever warm up to Jordanyo & Company.

(Did you guess that? ;-/ )

Jordan was born in March 1982 and Melissa was born in March 1986. But I thought Melissa was older than Melanie. Where have you guys seen that they're twins? And I've never seen Melanie dress that scantily, even in recent times. Weird. Micaiah is the one who got married last year. Matthew isn't living at home anymore I think. (Micaiah and Matthew are Thing 1 and Thing 2.) But Melanie and probably Marscel are stll at home.

2 hours ago, Corntree said:

Jordan was born in March 1982 and Melissa was born in March 1986. But I thought Melissa was older than Melanie. Where have you guys seen that they're twins?

Aren't they? I've honestly thought that for years and years, so I don't remember where I got it from. 

4 hours ago, Corntree said:

Jordan was born in March 1982 and Melissa was born in March 1986. But I thought Melissa was older than Melanie.

I could also have sworn that Melissa & Melanie were twins. 

I first became aware of the Thomases during the Jamestown 400 bash that VF put on, where Melanie won the Treasure Hunt. Here's her acceptance speech.

I'm sure Melissa turned 31 in March (Jordan mentioned it on his blog, though I can't find it now), and here Melanie says she and Micaiah both have birthdays in May (and she doesn't say anything about sharing a birthday with Melissa):

http://themthomases.blogspot.com/2014/07/may-2014.html

Also, when Jordan announced he was courting Melissa, he said she was the oldest Thomas daughter. I think Melanie turned 29 this year. Actually, when I first started following the Thomases, I thought Melanie was older than Melissa (I think b/c Melissa has kind of a baby face) but at some point I think someone mentioned Melissa was older.

I do remember the Jamestown 400 celebration. That was 5 months before Jordan and Melissa got engaged. I can't remember if I became aware of the Thomases when Doug announced that Melanie had won the Treasure Hunt, or if I'd already been following them for a while.

41 minutes ago, Corntree said:

Also, when Jordan announced he was courting Melissa, he said she was the oldest Thomas daughter.

You're right - thanks!

Found his announcement. Be forewarned, Jordanyo is one of those douche canoes who loves autoplay music.

2 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Be forewarned, Jordanyo is one of those douche canoes who loves autoplay music.

Yeah, I've always hated that about his blog.

You know, if DP wasn't such a tool and a douche canoe,.... And if he'd never done all the VF shenanigans and money grubbing and grabbing ...... And if he hadn't preached nonsense and constructed a "cult of personality " that screwed up people's lives ......... And if he hadn't exploited Lourdes .........

I would be entertained  and amused by him. 

If he were simply a former fundie who broke away and found that what he really wanted to do was run around Europe with a Burlesque dance company and play at being a "Film Autuer",  I would be vastly amused by his silly seemingly harmless antics.

But ......... DP is a Tool and he did all those harmful hurtful things in the name of religion.  He has more or less abandoned Be-All and his children to prance around Europe.  Which is a Tool move even without all the other stuff he did.

Although I've never thought Be-All was all that and I firmly believe she knew and condoned everything DP was up to during VF.  Plus I think she's being supporting by the money that seems to have disappeared when VF disbanded.

So while DP is doing silly, funny amusing things, I really cannot be amused by him because he is, now and forever, a Tool. And that will never be funny.

Sometimes I think it would bother me less if Dougie just announced that he'd had an epiphany and changed his views, but it'll never happen, and frankly, I don't think his core beliefs ever changed. In his own way, he's been a hedonist his entire life.

The patriarchy movement was something that fed his ego (no small task), made him money, gave him access to other (Leininger financed) perks, and put him in a position of authority that allowed him to commit sexual assault for years. Once that house of cards came tumbling down (and frankly, I think he was feeling constrained by it anyway) he's all about Etta James, drive-ins, and Pulp Fiction. His religion is "What's in it for Doug?" and the only constants seem to be Leica cameras, close proximity to young brunettes, and a habit of using his children as props when it benefits him to do so.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived