IGNORED

A Totally Accurate and in No Way Sarcastic Duggar Cheat Sheet

VelociRapture

What rubbed me the wrong way in the clip was Michelle excitedly telling everyone how her older kids were recording it on their phones. Michelle was also recording the entire thing in the orchestra pit. At first it looks like she's using her phone for light but if you look at her screen it's om camera.

• Upvote 6

That scene has been sanitized.  When it was first shown, the girl playing the harp was saying that someone (a cousin maybe?) was filming her practicing for the performance they were going to give the next day.  The younger kids were running around playing tag or something, when J-boy fell through the open trap door into the orchestra pit.  Someone says that the boy actually lost consciousness for a brief time and woke up in the dark, scared and hurting, and he started screaming.  There was a bit of footage showing the harp girl realizing that something was really wrong, pushing the harp off her shoulder, and starting to stand up.

The other things that have been scrubbed from that clip is when Michelle made a crack about how it was good that they taped enough footage because the film crew wasn't there (something about having been trained to film things that might go on the show if there's no film crew).  Later on, as J-kid was being wheeled into the hospital, Michelle was walking beside the gurney, sees the camera and slows down to smile and give a little wave.  The medical crew kept going and Michelle fell behind.  What you see is her catching up to the gurney, and she was still trying to smile at the camera.  In her mind, it was probably to indicate that things were in hand and not to worry, but it looked bad on film.

The next day, the boy wasn't allowed to stay in the motor home, but made to get dressed up in a suit, although he wasn't made to go on stage.  Instead, he was sitting off stage in a chair looking miserable.  Seeing him sitting there in a suit, face bruised, cuts visible, eyes swollen, didn't go over well.  He should have been allowed to stay in bed or at least away from other people, with someone staying with him to try to keep him comfortable.

• Upvote 25

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Joy's summary was updated today to reflect her future spawning. 

I loved your turn of phrase in the update. :giggle:

• Upvote 10

On 9/1/2017 at 9:17 AM, VelociRapture said:

Joy's summary was updated today to reflect her future spawning. 

I'm totally stealing this for the upcoming babies thread. 

• Upvote 10

Church name for the JinJer wedding and the date the latest virgins (JoKen) were sacrificed have been added. Additional JoKen wedding details will likely be added within the next month or so.

• Upvote 7

Updated:

- Added Mason’s birth.

- New photo for the Smuggars.

- A bit of information for JoKen. 

ETA: Also, minor updates for Josiah, Joy, and Amy.

Edited by VelociRapture
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

• Coconut Flan pinned this topic

Whoa waitaminnit... Joshuass made an incest joke? (while on a movie date) Did this come out during an episode? Unbelievable.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Antipatriarch said:

Whoa waitaminnit... Joshuass made an incest joke? (while on a movie date) Did this come out during an episode? Unbelievable.

Yup. He said something about his siblings dating since this is Arkansas during a chaperoned date to a restaurant with Anna before they were married. I want to say the two siblings were Jana and John David but I could be wrong. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

Yup. He said something about his siblings dating since this is Arkansas during a chaperoned date to a restaurant with Anna before they were married. I want to say the two siblings were Jana and John David but I could be wrong. 

Yes, it was Jana and JD. They were chaperoning the date and both looked pretty uncomfortable after he made that remark :( what a jerky thing to do on Josh's part. 

• Upvote 8
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/11/2017 at 8:52 AM, Four is Enough said:

Sadly, I found out that I share a birthday with one of the Lost Girls. Guess it was going to happen eventually.

Join in on a birthday celebration and see if the Duggars notice a new face among the crowd

On 8/12/2017 at 5:45 PM, FundieFarmer said:

Holy shit, I now know more about the Duggs than I ever thought possible. HOW. WOW. WTG, VR!!!

LOL   Actually, it's pretty sad how much we know about these people's lives. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, JillsFlowerHeadband said:

Yes, it was Jana and JD. They were chaperoning the date and both looked pretty uncomfortable after he made that remark :( what a jerky thing to do on Josh's part. 

They went to see a movie in 2010 - I don’t remember the title, but it was one of those fundie approved religious movies. Jinger was supposed to chaperone (how sick is it that they made his VICTIMS chaperone?!), but was too young to see the 18+ movie. So Jana and John were picked instead. 

2 hours ago, MoonFace said:

Join in on a birthday celebration and see if the Duggars notice a new face among the crowd

LOL   Actually, it's pretty sad how much we know about these people's lives. 

What’s really sad is that they’ve put so much of their lives out there for public consumption and scrutiny. Especially the youngest children, who have never truly known life without cameras in their faces and have no say in any of it.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

They went to see a movie in 2010 - I don’t remember the title, but it was one of those fundie approved religious movies. Jinger was supposed to chaperone (how sick is it that they made his VICTIMS chaperone?!), but was too young to see the 18+ movie. So Jana and John were picked instead. 

What’s really sad is that they’ve put so much of their lives out there for public consumption and scrutiny. Especially the youngest children, who have never truly known life without cameras in their faces and have no say in any of it.

It was Fireproof starring Kirky Camoron. The whole family had also seen it at the old Vision Forum film festival and proclaimed it the "best movie ever." What I didn't get is why all the littles attended. The movie is not intended for kids under 13 or so; there are several adult themes in it that would be lost on little kids. 

• Upvote 6

13 hours ago, marmalade said:

It was Fireproof starring Kirky Camoron. The whole family had also seen it at the old Vision Forum film festival and proclaimed it the "best movie ever." What I didn't get is why all the littles attended. The movie is not intended for kids under 13 or so; there are several adult themes in it that would be lost on little kids. 

On Bolded:  Because the Duggars are totally clueless about things.  

• Upvote 2

On 10/20/2017 at 1:13 PM, Knight of Ni said:

Is Fireproof the movie with that creepy scene where the father gives his daughter the purity ring? 

No, thankfully! I can't remember what movie that is but Fireproof is the one with Kirk Cameron where his marriage is failing and he's not a christian, but then his wife leaves and wants a divorce so he does the "love dare" in which he finds Christ and then their marriage comes back together and they live happily ever after...

The big thing with this was that at the end of the movie when him and his character's wife kiss, they actually had him kiss his wife instead of the actress because thats what he wanted I believe. I remember when it came out that was a huge deal.

I wouldn't have remembered that except me and my roommate were watching awful christian movies last Friday night to make fun of them, and watched this one called "rumors of war" which was filmed on my college's campus but it was SO BAD! Sad long story short... had to watch Fireproof to redeem ourselves from that awful movie LOL 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3

Fireproof was actually BETTER than something? I could have seen through the stupid analogy of saving people from fires to saving a marriage with Jesus when I was about 8. 

And yes, he used a long, shadowshot to replicate the re-marriage vows at the end to kiss his wife. From that far away, they could have faked a kiss, but I guess Kirky wasn't even down with even the illusion of kissing someone other than his wife. 

If you paid me enough, I'd even fake kiss Mel Gibson. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2

FIreproof was something of a 'fail' for me even at the time as an Evangelical - because they made reference to a book in the movie that helped the character's marriage that didn't exist.  They then had to go back after the release of the movie and throw together a book so people could go out and buy the book from the movie.  

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, marmalade said:

Fireproof was actually BETTER than something?

Right? I kid you not, "Rumors of War" was AWFUL! I would tell you guys to see it just because of how bad it is but I don't want you to be subjected to that trash :pb_lol:

• Upvote 2

The purity ring scene was from another Kirk Cameron movie. I'm desperately trying to remember what it was called now. I watched it years ago with the Catholic young adults group at university. It was a terrible movie, but entertaining because it was unintentionally hilarious. 

Edit: Okay, maybe it wasn't a Kirk Cameron movie. But I could've sworn it was. It involved some guys in this really stereotypical gang, this dude who impregnated a random girl in college and then goes to meet her and the kid at the end, and the scene where the father gives his daughter a purity ring and she sobs in a restaurant. This is driving me crazy.

Edit 2: This is it!!!! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Courageous_(film) Same people who did Fireproof. It's the movie that the Duggars were extras in during the race scene.

Edited by singsingsing
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

On 10/20/2017 at 12:23 AM, marmalade said:

On 10/19/2017 at 9:02 PM, VelociRapture said:

Read more  

It was Fireproof starring Kirky Camoron

I just have to say that this made my day! The Sanctimonious Camerons drive me bonkers. 

• Upvote 1

So question on this covenant marriage thing...how do you get a covenant marriage? Are all marriage in the three states that have it covenant marriages or do you just get a marriage license that specifies that's the type of marriage you have?

Edited by laPapessaGiovanna
Removed tapa signature

• Coconut Flan changed the title to A Totally Accurate and in No Way Sarcastic Duggar Cheat Sheet