IGNORED

JD Courting?

VeryNikeSeamstress

I tend to not believe this, but - good storyline if it was "Bachelor to the Rapture" then **heavenly music and angels intervening **

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

Yup. It certainly caused me to raise an eyebrow. And this was from spring 2016. 

ohh good catch. This is interesting

8 hours ago, kachuu said:

As much as i'd like to speculate that he'd be the one writing a tell-all book (seriously, i'm dying for one of the Duggar kids to fall out of line and publish such a juicy insight), i immediately think back to how he acted during the last two episodes of Counting On. He seemed relaxed and very comfortable with who he was. When it came to being asked if he was courting, he almost seemed like he just enjoyed teasing the world but didn't really care for anyone besides family to know what's really going on. He reminded me of JB just teasing for the sake of ratings and treating it like a game, but JD comes off a little more genuine in being comfortable with who he is and a lot less controlling, imo.

I'm convinced the tell-all will come from one of the younger girls.

Publishers would be more interested in a book by one of the daughters over one of the sons because the former would sell better IMHO. But the girls from Joy on up have reaped too many benefits from the Duggar franchise, and so breaking away would be a huge risk (even if from an outside perspective it seems obvious that they could make enough money from the tell-all to be comfortable).

Meanwhile, I highly doubt that when Jennifer or Jordyn are getting hitched in the early 2030s that they're going to make the cover of People Magazine or that TLC will be paying the family enough for them to live upper middle class lifestyles without having real jobs. They'll witness the unedited life outcomes of some of their older siblings whose marriages went south or who've struggled financially once the TLC money dries up. I think one of those girls is ripe for a defection, or possibly Mackynzie once she realizes what a pr*ck her father is. 

You can see how the dots could be joined though. Jeremy & JD obviously are good friends and it would totally make sense for them to introduce him to a girl in texas #squadgoals ahahaha!

Thread drift here, but every time I see basket of fruit in a Duggar house it always looks like the fake plastic kind.

13 hours ago, lomo6 said:

I think one of those girls is ripe for a defection, or possibly Mackynzie once she realizes what a pr*ck her father is. 

If this comes to pass, may she take Jordyn, who seems to be a best friend,  with her.

14 hours ago, lomo6 said:

I'm convinced the tell-all will come from one of the younger girls.

Publishers would be more interested in a book by one of the daughters over one of the sons because the former would sell better IMHO. But the girls from Joy on up have reaped too many benefits from the Duggar franchise, and so breaking away would be a huge risk (even if from an outside perspective it seems obvious that they could make enough money from the tell-all to be comfortable).

Meanwhile, I highly doubt that when Jennifer or Jordyn are getting hitched in the early 2030s that they're going to make the cover of People Magazine or that TLC will be paying the family enough for them to live upper middle class lifestyles without having real jobs. They'll witness the unedited life outcomes of some of their older siblings whose marriages went south or who've struggled financially once the TLC money dries up. I think one of those girls is ripe for a defection, or possibly Mackynzie once she realizes what a pr*ck her father is. 

Very true - and they'll have been filmed through their entire formative years for the priviledge too.

16 hours ago, seraaa said:

ohh good catch. This is interesting

One thing that is very interesting is how adept all the girls are in the kitchen here.  Shows just how forced/staged all that BS I'm a dingy girl I can't do anything crap TLC airs.  The only one not doing anything was Jessa and she was wearing Spurgy so I'll give that a pass.

The younger ones didn't live through the food shortages as much, and some think they were not as blanket trained.  Their tell all's would be quite different from the older ones, which we may never get.

17 hours ago, lomo6 said:

Meanwhile, I highly doubt that when Jennifer or Jordyn are getting hitched in the early 2030s that they're going to make the cover of People Magazine or that TLC will be paying the family enough for them to live upper middle class lifestyles without having real jobs. 

Yup, my money is on Jennifer. Poor girl. 

I'm still hoping JD elopes with Sarah Maxwell which will in turn, cause Steve's head to explode all over the freshly cleaned kitchen cabinets and ceiling fan blades.

I just hope that he is as happy as one in their group can be. I do hope he's courting because sometimes people get better attitudes when they are in love....

On 8/11/2017 at 0:32 PM, justoneoftwo said:

The younger ones didn't live through the food shortages as much, and some think they were not as blanket trained.  Their tell all's would be quite different from the older ones, which we may never get.

That's a good point. But who knows what some of the older kids have told them in private. 

On 8/11/2017 at 6:46 AM, onekidanddone said:

Thread drift here, but every time I see basket of fruit in a Duggar house it always looks like the fake plastic kind.

I agree, but wasn't that video clip set in a rental they had for a "girls' weekend"? (I only read the recaps here, but that's what I remember.) So, probably real fruit provided by the rental agency.

9 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

I agree, but wasn't that video clip set in a rental they had for a "girls' weekend"? (I only read the recaps here, but that's what I remember.) So, probably real fruit provided by the rental agency.

Yeah it was. A "sister time" trip that was in no way forced. lol

On 8/10/2017 at 0:38 AM, Wenny said:

STOP COMING TO TEXAS!!!

There is to many already. Why is everything coming to texas

Yes. I agree. Stop coming here. 

I think my ideal woman for JD would be a young mom, widowed or maybe a divorcée of the "renewed faith in God" conservative type....couple of young kids of her own already and "needing" a stable, hard-working father-figure with endless dad-jokes in supply. Maybe he meets her in whatever nearby town he's a constable in lol. I feel like that'd fit the Duggars' "narrative" well and also be a happy, less cult-ish life for him. 

Lol omg could you see J Boob's face if he married a divorced woman? Who knows if he is really courting or not, but I would love to see the kind of husband he would be.  Honestly I would watch a show of just JD traveling the world. With or without his divorcée. Lol

I think if we saw what kind of husband he would be, we might be unimpressed.  Remember,  he is the one that has joked, on more than one occasion, I believe about his sisters having to do his laundry. 

I like JD,  well as much as I like any duggar,  I really don't mind JD.  He is socially awkward and goofy looking, but he seems to be a good big brother and he has some semblance of a work ethic.  And the fact that he is a successful pilot suggests he has some innate intelligence, despite his subpar homeschooling.  But, I don't think JD is enlightened at all and I don't think he will be different in how he expect gender roles in a marriage to work. 

I am a bit of a romantic though, and I would enjoy seeing one of these duggar kids get carried off by love strong enough that it will open their world.  But I just don't see that happening.  I think JD will marry a steady and sensible woman, and I think she will be whatever their definition of Godly is.  I don't see him marrying someone who is divorced but possibly widowed, but I am not sure how the Duggar men feel about that idea that someone else has 'rounded home base' before they have.  In the case of being widowed, it might be ok, but not sure about a divorced woman. 

That would certainly be interesting though.  I just hope that JD and Jana are happy.  That they are allowed personal freedom and that they are allowed some privacy appropriate for their age and station as the eldest sibs still at home.  I hope that JB has set aside money for his adult children and that Jana and JD are financially comfortable.  They both seem to do the lions share of the work in that family, so I am hoping they get compensated and appreciated. 

oh I definitely don't see JD being the one to marry a world-shattering love. He's too much of a simple man for that - I think he just wants to work hard, provide for his family, and find comfort in raising "productive" (by their definition...) members of society.

Honestly, I could see JD being the type of guy that JimBob must've been before business, politics, and television took over his life. JD so far seems pretty *over* the allure of the limelight (or at least as much as he can be for having benefited from the lifestyle afforded by being a TV cash cow lol). For all the male ego of Gothardism, JD doesn't seem like he'd like a girl who simpers or obsesses over him as much as Anna does to Josh or Michelle does to JB. but I guess we'll never know til it happens haha. so hopefully he finds a nice, sensible girl who loves him for him and not for his work or fame, and they have a few sprog and live happily every after. 

On 20/08/2017 at 6:04 AM, calimojo said:

And the fact that he is a successful pilot suggests he has some innate intelligence, despite his subpar homeschooling. 

You'd hope so at least, wouldn't you?

I never can quite get my head around the flying thing - not with that family dynamic, 'education' in the mix - to say nothing of this tiny, inconvenient thing called physics...

@MadeItOut, Now don't start with that sacrilegious physics nonsense. Everyone know that you pray before you take off and it is the breath (or hand) of God that puts an airplane in the air.

3 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

@MadeItOut, Now don't start with that sacrilegious physics nonsense. Everyone know that you pray before you take off and it is the breath (or hand) of God that puts an airplane in the air.

You say that, but over the wedding we've had a houseful of scientists, especially physicists. 

By 2am & several bottles later, the quantum physicist was explaining to us all that essentially, the plane stays up largely because everyone agrees it does. 

12 hours ago, MadeItOut said:

You say that, but over the wedding we've had a houseful of scientists, especially physicists. 

By 2am & several bottles later, the quantum physicist was explaining to us all that essentially, the plane stays up largely because everyone agrees it does. 

Oh god, that's pretty much what my sober physics professor explained After seeing our scared faces :pb_lol:

• Curious locked this topic

Archived