IGNORED

Boyer Sisters Pt 5: Balancing Body Humors with YL Oils

laPapessaGiovanna

Brigid probably thinks she'll be just like Donna Reed after the baby comes. 

Little does she know that she'll be lucky to take a shower by noon!

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't care how others choose to dress, but the arrogance of claiming that one is somehow above-average because of their clothing is so far from godly that I'm surprised even the relatively uneducated Boyer sisters don't see it. They're not honoring God. They're honoring themselves and calling attention to how special they are for their worldly belongings. The Bible addresses that sort of thinking pretty clearly.

You know who else thinks they're special because of their physical appearance? The Kardashians. They flaunt their femininity, too, after all. They pay about as much lip service to God as the Boyer girls do. As in, they talk a nice talk, but you can clearly see the vanity right below the shallow surface. At least the Kardashian sisters are slightly more honest about who they ultimately serve - themselves.

Thanks to the internet, I've come across a lot of smug "mom's to be." I just sit back and wait. Because I know a newborn is going to smack them in the face. Especially since Brigid's parents didn't have a litter and didn't force her to take care of the babies. She has no idea what she's in for. :giggle:

Hey now, some people do get easy first babies. My niece was super easy which just fed into her mum's illusions of motherhood being easy when you did things right. She was insufferable for a year or two. I probably enjoyed her second's babyhood more than I should have, especially when his very difficult babyhood coincided with their elder one's threenager antics. Their mother was suddenly less full of advice, and quite humble about how confident she had been :my_biggrin:

Two of the things I enjoy a little too much is true crime and fundies, and I found this in a true crime fb group I'm in. 

In 1982, Gary Young delivered his own baby in a whirlpool and left the baby submerged underwater for almost an hour.  Gary’s baby died as a result.

Gary Young is of course, the founder and CEO of Young Living.

26 minutes ago, wikinggirl said:

:jawdrop:

Why is it not surprising that Young also peddled laetrile which olds like me remember as a terrible & tragic scam that victimized desperate cancer patients.

1 hour ago, wikinggirl said:

I came across this in a Facebook group I belong to. I wonder if the Boyers know about it? 

TW- infant death

Spoiler

Apparently Gary tried to deliver one of his children in a water bath. The little girl didn't survive and was apparently left in the pool for over an hour?

https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1345&dat=19821007&id=HUoaAAAAIBAJ&sjid=UScEAAAAIBAJ&pg=3433,1863297&hl=en

There are a few other articles about Gary being arrested for presenting as a doctor and attempting to treat cancer patients as well. Shady AF.

11 minutes ago, sta_sha said:

I came across this in a Facebook group I belong to. I wonder if the Boyers know about it? 

TW- infant death

There are a few other articles about Gary being arrested for presenting as a doctor and attempting to treat cancer patients as well. Shady AF.

Wow, I am so shocked that he is now involved with an MLM. 

4 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Wow, I am so shocked that he is now involved with an MLM. 

I know. He seemed like such a nice, trustworthy guy....

/sarcasm

On 8/26/2017 at 2:08 PM, SoybeanQueen said:

You know who else thinks they're special because of their physical appearance? The Kardashians. They flaunt their femininity, too, after all. They pay about as much lip service to God as the Boyer girls do. As in, they talk a nice talk, but you can clearly see the vanity right below the shallow surface. At least the Kardashian sisters are slightly more honest about who they ultimately serve - themselves.

Love them or hate them, the Kardashians actually do a sizable amount of charity work and giving.  It's just that unlike many people, the Kardashians tend to do good works quietly.  They don't flaunt their charity events or the percentage of their incomes they donate, which is why people often miss how involved they actually are.  

But that is exactly how Jesus commands Christians to do good works: quietly and for their own sake rather than loudly and for public acclaim.  In that sense, the Kardashians are far BETTER Christians than most families we snark on here, who are ALWAYS willing to trumpet their good deeds in exchange for Good Christian Points.  

49 minutes ago, sta_sha said:

TW- infant death

They do now or will soon since more than one of them obviously reads here as do many of the other fundies who peddle this shite.

Hey @Gabe, I'm really digging your coordinated look with Brigid here. 

But I hope you got a seriously nice breeze with that kilt... because knee socks and a long sleeved button-up complete with vest topper midsummer sounds like a hot, hellish nightmare to me. 

On 8/26/2017 at 2:21 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Thanks to the internet, I've come across a lot of smug "mom's to be."

Your comment brought this song by Garfunkel and Oates to mind. It may not be entirely safe for work. If readers here are not easily offended, "The Loophole" is another song by them regarding religious sexual hypocrisy; it's pretty funny, and definitely, utterly, and horrifyingly NSFW. It's on YouTube, and I won't link it here. 

Spoiler

Re clothing expressing who we are - a couple of months ago I got news by phone in the middle of the night that my child was critically ill in another (distant) town. I threw a few clothes in my suitcase in a blind panic and headed to the airport. As it turns out, she was soon transported from that town to a hospital in a big city for treatment, so i followed and me and my few random yukky outfits have been in the big city all summer.  

Do I wish I had clothing that better expressed who I am?  Yes, I really do.  

Can I afford new clothes? Nope.

Do I believe that what I am wearing is particularly important in these very trying circumstances? BIG NOPE.  

At some point in life as we develop into mature human beings, we understand that actions are more important than words and that, similarly, what we do is more important than what we wear.  

Brigid gives me heartburn.   

(Also, go hug your kids :my_heart:)

4 hours ago, Tiny Bubbles said:

At some point in life as we develop into mature human beings, we understand that actions are more important than words and that, similarly, what we do is more important than what we wear.  

That's a problem with fundies. They are trying very hard to never question themselves, never learn and never mature. 
On that note, I wonder how  Gabe's history thing is going. 

There is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to wear clothing that you feel expresses who you are, having a certain style that's important to you, or putting a lot of thought and effort into your appearance. Nothing at all. If it makes you happy and it's not hurting anyone else, fantastic. Enjoy yourself.

There is something wrong with judging other people who don't have the same aesthetic priorities. Especially if you claim to be a Christian.

@Tiny Bubbles, I just went and gave my kids each an extra big hug. I'll be thinking about your daughter and you and hoping for all the best things to happen for her.

Thank you!

10 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

@Tiny Bubbles, I just went and gave my kids each an extra big hug. I'll be thinking about your daughter and you and hoping for all the best things to happen for her.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived