IGNORED

Dillards 38: Still Chewing on that Foot in His Mouth

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, Emme said:

I don't have the right words to express how angry his comments and purposeful misgendering of Jazz makes me. She deserves better. People like him perpetuate attitudes and hate that get trans folks murdered. 

It is really tempting to send him a book like "ABC’s of LGBT+" by Ashley Mardell (now Ash Hardell). Spending money on the Duggars makes me want to vomit but this would be to shove some cake in his face so to speak.

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, CorruptionInc. said:

It is really tempting to send him a book like "ABC’s of LGBT+" by Ashley Mardell (now Ash Hardell). Spending money on the Duggars makes me want to vomit but this would be to shove some cake in his face so to speak.

Don't waste time and money; they would just throw the book in the trash as soon as they opened it.

Just now, llg1234 said:

Don't waste time and money; they would just throw the book in the trash as soon as they opened it.

Very true, I would hope they would at least recycle it in the proper bin, but this is the Dullards. They would see it as hell, not recycling.

1 hour ago, EmmieJ said:

Derick seems immature and self centered to me.  For goodness sake,  Ben is a more involved, natural father.  He and Jessa seem happy together, their children seem happy, and well cared for.  I don't think Derick or Jill have that same natural, spontaneous warmth and fascination for their children. They don't seem content with their life.  I feel kind of sorry for Izzy.  I hope the Dullards stay close to the compound, so Izzy can hang with his cousins and have fun.

I agree. I think all these families are immature and ill-prepared for what the world around them generally requires. They all need the help and support that JB, M. and the TTH have to offer.

I find it so odd that for all the "early growing up and adulting" that the Duggars were made to do, they seem to have collectively reached adulthood without the ability to successfully do much of anything.

JB and M gave 7 year olds (in the case of the older kids) adult responsibilities, yet halted the growth of the kids once they were older.

So backasswards.

Again, except for Jana and JD, the forever kids in their parents' eyes, the rest are pure scavengers.

5 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I agree. I think all these families are immature and ill-prepared for what the world around them generally requires. They all need the help and support that JB, M. and the TTH have to offer.

I find it so odd that for all the "early growing up and adulting" that the Duggars were made to do, they seem to have collectively reached adulthood without the ability to successfully do much of anything.

JB and M gave 7 year olds (in the case of the older kids) adult responsibilities, yet halted the growth of the kids once they were older.

So backasswards.

Again, except for Jana and JD, the forever kids in their parents' eyes, the rest are pure scavengers.

I remember reading once that the age that person becomes 'famous' is typically the age where their maturity stops.  The fame, money, power, etc interrupts normal maturing and the person ends up stunted at whatever age they rose to fame.  ( I think this is in reference to child and teen actors, not necessarily adults). 

Obviously the Duggar kids didn't individually have a lot of fame, money and power at an early age but I do wonder if there is a similar dynamic that occurs when a child is parentified at a certain age.  Does this interruption in their childhood, actually interfere with normal maturation? 

I guess I am just saying that there are repercussions from interrupting the normal maturation of a child.  I think we see it in situations of extreme poverty, or other harsh conditions, and I think we see it in children who are famous and I think in the case of the Duggars, it was interrupted by being forced into a parental role at very young ages.  Add that to all the other Duggar weirdness and you have kids who just seem stunted. Even Jana and JD sound and communicate in much more immature ways than most people their ages. 

4 hours ago, cptbailey said:

Poor persecuted Derick. Keep feeding that victim complex Buddy

Actually, the iteration of God that Derick worships is probably only 150 years old at most. The early Church Fathers, Augustine of Hippo, Thomas Awuinas, et al wouldn't recognize American evangelicalism, especially Gothardism, as legitimate. Neither would the Protestant reformers or even the Wesley brothers. The idea that Christianity is about "a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and savior " is a very new and very American concept.

8 hours ago, socalrules said:

I think being married to Jill allowed Derrick to be his authentic self, as Oprah would say.

This is hilarious...except quite probably true! He has a platform now to spew away on. I think some added stress might be contributing too. But no doubt most of his social media treasures are quintessentially Derrick.

12 hours ago, socalrules said:

I think being married to Jill allowed Derrick to be his authentic self, as Oprah would say. He likely always had the same hateful beliefs but had to hide them so as to function at school, work and in society. Now, he is finished with school, has no job and seems to only surround himself with Duggars who think the same way. I would bet his college friends fell away once he became a Duggar as they were living more normal lives. He doesn't have to work, doesn't really have to make his wife happy because she was trained to serve his needs, doesn't have to even attempt to function in society and can be his authentic asshole self. He can attack Children on twitter and still feel like he is in the righteous position.It's a win win situation for him. 

This would definitely make sense. I also wonder if marrying into this terrible family allowed him to truly discover just how much of a authentic shitlord he is. I'm sure he had some nasty thoughts about the LGBT community in his head, but I wonder if he would have gone so far as to literally cyber bully a minor before marrying into this trainwreck family. Maybe 

He went to college/worked in Oklahoma/Arkansas where being Conservative and Christian and (presumably) Republican is completely fine, but even in very conservative places, there is only so much of a bigoted jackass you can get away with on a mainstream college campus and in a secular mainstream workplace. Like you say, I suspect he learned to keep his mouth shut - everyone knows by now that if you are Anti-LGBT a work, you need to keep that shit to yourself. But now he is a D-List celebrity.....and running his mouth off.

I honestly don't think the TLC gravy train will have given them enough to truly set them up for the rest of their lives. I think he will need to work at some point - and unlike last time where all an employer would have got was a Twitter account with 100 or so followers and a few write-ups about his time as Pistol Pete, google isn't going to be his friend this time when it exposes him for the asshole he is. 

11 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Dude needs to a FT job, and start contributing something useful to society. He has way too much time on his hands.

The truth isn't relative, Derick, people just disagree with you over what that is.

Derick, get off your ass and get a real job to provide for your family. That's what true godly men do. Right now you are nothing but a lazy grifter with too much time on your hands.

Maybe Izzy will be the break out Duggar relative who releases a tell-all book in the next 20 years!

I have hopes he'll leave this crazy fundy household

Dullards don't recycle! God will provide and climate change is a myth! :my_rolleyes:

Also don't think any Duggar have opened a book that is not the Bible. 

9 hours ago, SassyPants said:

So backasswards.

Erik Erikson's theory of child development applies to the lack of initiative and industry seen in the adult Duggar kids.  I always say let kids be kids when they are of the age if you want them ever to become adults.  This means bearing with them as they go through conflicts of psychosocial development, no matter how obnoxious and trying and difficult they may be, because there are important lessons to be learned at each stage.  Controlling and forcing kids to behave like little adults circumvents the process.  When they become young adults, they are stuck, still trying to resolve developmental conflicts of childhood.

18 minutes ago, Drala said:

When they become young adults, they are stuck, still trying to resolve developmental conflicts of childhood.

Apparently leading to passive-aggressive ignorance masquerading as Righteousness for Jesus.

12 hours ago, Cleopatra7 said:

Actually, the iteration of God that Derick worships is probably only 150 years old at most. The early Church Fathers, Augustine of Hippo, Thomas Awuinas, et al wouldn't recognize American evangelicalism, especially Gothardism, as legitimate. Neither would the Protestant reformers or even the Wesley brothers. The idea that Christianity is about "a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and savior " is a very new and very American concept

Rufus bless Billy Graham and company.

He's a sweet little peanut! I'm sorry your parents are such assholes Samuel. But you are very sweet.

Poor Samuel, he's so cute but he looks terrified. I guess he knows that his Daddy is an asshole too! 

So glad they are staying.  I hope this means they are practicing self care/ caring for Jill and will be able to get help with the kids as needed.

Ze cutie appears to have all his fingers and toes.  Too young to determine whether Derwicked begat a cisgender male.

4 hours ago, backyard sylph said:

Apparently leading to passive-aggressive ignorance masquerading as Righteousness for Jesus.

Especially when a thick layer of religious frosting fundamental bullshit is generously applied.

AK is Alaska. AR is Arkansas.

I'm from Arkansas, and that has ALWAYS bothered me. So shoot me.

1 minute ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

AK is Alaska. AR is Arkansas.

I'm from Arkansas, and that has ALWAYS bothered me. So shoot me.

Fixed it! Sorry if I led anyone to erroneously believe the Dillards were going to Alaska :pb_lol::pb_lol::pb_lol:

PTL- someone or something got through to them.

Now, get off the TV, stop exploiting your young sons, and get a damn job!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived