IGNORED

Dillards 38: Still Chewing on that Foot in His Mouth

Coconut Flan

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeremy using a John Piper quote, as mentioned in the previous thread, is kind of a tenuous connection, but I'm still glad it made news because I hope people realize that despite Jeremy's good looks and seeming worldliness he has the same terrible beliefs as the rest of the clan.

The situation from this article would be interesting to see Derick, Jeremy, and really all of the Duggars handle. 

1 hour ago, Coconut Flan said:

The situation from this article would be interesting to see Derick, Jeremy, and really all of the Duggars handle. 

oh, wow! Humanity is so varied and interesting. 

@PracticeMakesProgress as to  your question. I'm sure there is some infighting there, as humans are bound to bicker, but I don't believe there is a straight up dislike of Trans women vs drag queens, and drag queens vs transvestite.  Alaska Thunderfuck vs Eddie Izzard.  Google them Alaska is a drag queen Eddie is a Transvestite  both are awesome in their own ways.  I only know 2 F2M transgender boy/man (one is 17 the other 20) and I know both of them have no issues with drag queens or cross dressers.  So I would imagine the same to be true for M2F trans-women.

5 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

@PracticeMakesProgress as to  your question. I'm sure there is some infighting there, as humans are bound to bicker, but I don't believe there is a straight up dislike of Trans women vs drag queens, and drag queens vs transvestite.  Alaska Thunderfuck vs Eddie Izzard.  Google them Alaska is a drag queen Eddie is a Transvestite  both are awesome in their own ways.  I only know 2 F2M transgender boy/man (one is 17 the other 20) and I know both of them have no issues with drag queens or cross dressers.  So I would imagine the same to be true for M2F trans-women.

And to reach for a pop culture example, I know there have been transgender contestants on the reality show RuPaul's Drag Race

I am by no means an expert but I'd assume that trans people (M2F) have a problem with being conflated with drag queens. Drag is it's own unique culture that involves people of multiple identies and lifestyles. Drag is very performance oriented but is not necessarily how one lives ones life full time and it would be offensive to assume trans is the same as drag. Again, I do not know for sure but that would be my assumption.

There definitely are trans women who think drag queens are transphobic, but that's not a universal opinion among trans people.

28 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I'm sure there is some infighting there, as humans are bound to bicker, but I don't believe there is a straight up dislike of Trans women vs drag queens, and drag queens vs transvestite.  Alaska Thunderfuck vs Eddie Izzard.  Google them Alaska is a drag queen Eddie is a Transvestite  both are awesome in their own ways.  I only know 2 F2M transgender boy/man (one is 17 the other 20) and I know both of them have no issues with drag queens or cross dressers.  So I would imagine the same to be true for M2F trans-women.

Just as an aside, Eddie now refers to himself as trans rather than TV (I apologise for being nit picky). He is indeed awesome :D 

I'm now going to go and google Alaska Thunderfuck to discover more awesomeness ;) 

There is a fairly well-known bias among some in the lesbian community against inclusion of M2F transsexuals.  This bias is documented in the history of the Michigan Womyn's Music festival, a womyn-born-womyn event/space that discouraged M2F trans from attending/becoming part of the community.   This led to boycotts and formal condemnations from various LBGT groups. The festival ended in 2015 in the midst of the controversy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michigan_Womyn's_Music_Festival

Derick is the epitome of human garbage. He is a loser who relies on reality show money and donations to fund an idiotic, self-serving lifestyle. He will always see himself as a persecuted victim. 

Ugh, I am sick of hearing about the war on Christianity. Christians are persecuted in some areas of the world, but the US is not one of them. In fact, Christians are the majority. You can't be elected president without catering to Christian voters so I hardly think there's a war against Christians. Derick benefits from just about every privilege-- he's a straight, white, cis, wealthy, able-bodied, Christian male--so he has to make up reasons to feel persecuted.

From a blog post I linked in the last thread:

Christianity was formed in a context of persecution, and it operates best in an environment where “God’s people” don’t run things. But today, in my country, they do run things…while telling themselves they don’t. That dynamic helps to create this absurd paradox in which the church is so numerous, and moves as such an obedient unit, that it gets to pick our presidents and our legislators only to then turn around and claim a need to protect its own religious liberties (while actively denying the same to anyone from any other religion, or with no religion at all).

I think there's some younger folk here, still in school and Derick's twit nittering had me call an old friend from my university days. He's doing well, but we talked about that first I "got it" moment. Back then it was female pronouns and when asked, "I'm androgynous", but I'd never seen so much panic on his face as when my bestie from my dorm caught up with us in a dining hall. You see, they'd gone to the same elite, Catholic girls school and been quite close, until he fell off the map. He wasn't ready yet to mix what he was discovering about himself with anyone back home. It came pouring out later, his phone had been taken, the car had been taken, his parents had lost it completely when the long blonde hair went and became a short, spiky fire engine red look. 

So if you're in school, be gentle, be a friend and understand that not only is it a journey, and while college is a time for self discovery sometimes it's a time spent seeking patience. He used to call himself the "Lady in Waiting", because he knew ultimately he would take the steps, but with being cut off and a generous scholarship he was stuck living in the dorm that corresponded to his birth gender.  Be protective, be courageous and trust your gut.

His biggest regret in our friendship is that when my date started throwing racial and transphobic insults at my friends for insisting they take me home instead of him, he punched my ill advised beau only for himself. That he didn't get to kick him in the balls on my behalf for whatever it was my date helpfully put in my drink in the hopes I'd put out :annoyed:. So watch your drinks and your friends, ladies and gents. 

So I guess at least there's an example of why group dating and chaperones are pretty darn awesome sometimes.

I was looking at the twitter feed for Johnnie Moore, the speaker Derick listened to on Sunday. Moore is a big Trump fan, but he might be a good influence for Derick since he also calls for unity between Protestants and Catholics and retweeted this:

Though I doubt Derick would ever remove the beam out of his own eye enough to recognize himself in that quote.

1 hour ago, Drala said:

There is a fairly well-known bias among some in the lesbian community against inclusion of M2F transsexuals.  This bias is documented in the history of the Michigan Womyn's Music festival, a womyn-born-womyn event/space that discouraged M2F trans from attending/becoming part of the community.   This led to boycotts and formal condemnations from various LBGT groups. The festival ended in 2015 in the midst of the controversy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michigan_Womyn's_Music_Festival

This exists in feminist circles as well. While I don't personally support their opinion, I can understand some of the logic behind it. The idea is that someone like Caitlyn Jenner can't speak to certain female experiences because she embraced the privilege and benefits of being a man prior to her transition. While I don't really think that was her choice or her fault, she did benefit from being male in ways that she would not have as a woman. A female Olympian from that time would not have earned the endorsements or fame that Caitlyn achieved.

So, extending fundie logic from what @Rachel333 quoted, persecution and not running things = closer to Gd. Doesn't that mean Muslims, Jews, racial and ethnic minorities minorities, etc. are far closer to Gd than these fundies ever will be? 

I know I know, can't apply logic to these people.

Others have mentioned how Derick went after a child rather than an adult, as he is a weak little man child who knows if he picked on someone his own size his ass would get handed to him. Imagine if he personally went after Laverne Cox. She's been putting up with transphobic bull for longer than Jazz has. I'd imagine the backlash against Derdick would even bigger, as she has a larger fan base.

DD says there's a global war on Christians? Was there a church bombed this weekend, too, somewhere in the US? I wonder what was said about the MN mosque. 

As a MN Muslim, I can't even with that one. 

Dullard just a blow hard who would run (and then throw up like he apparently does) if confronted in person with own words. He's a confident bully when hidden behind a screen. 

Derek has a whole damn tree in his eye.  I cannot believe I fell for his cute dweeb act in Nepal. He is appalling. 

1 hour ago, Rachel333 said:

Ugh, I am sick of hearing about the war on Christianity. Christians are persecuted in some areas of the world, but the US is not one of them. In fact, Christians are the majority. You can't be elected president without catering to Christian voters so I hardly think there's a war against Christians. Derick benefits from just about every privilege-- he's a straight, white, cis, wealthy, able-bodied, Christian male--so he has to make up reasons to feel persecuted.

This. Indeed.  He and so many of his ilk mistake a loss of privilege with persecution. #sad

23 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

I wonder if he's annoyed that TLC's adding another reality show with a trans cast member. http://people.com/tv/jackie-evancho-juliet-evancho-tlc-special-growing-up-evancho/

If Derick finds the new show's content offensive, then perhaps he also doesn't appreciate the title.  "Growing Up Evancho" is pretty similar to his in-laws' book "Growing Up Duggar".

That kind of tickles me. :pb_biggrin:

You are not percecuted Derick.

People don't constantly vandilize or burn down your place of worship.

There aren't travel bans restricting you from entering the county because of your religion.

Most of your religious holidays are also federal holidays.

People (including the government) don't immediatelty assume you are a terrorist based only on your religion.

Most of your local, state, and federal representives currently and historically share your religious views. 

Cut the persecution complex nonsense. You don't speak for Christianity. You don't speak for God. People don't call you out because they are trying to attack Christians, they are calling out your hateful, ignorant, and deslusional bullshit. 

2 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

Though I doubt Derick would ever remove the beam out of his own eye enough to recognize himself in that quote.

Oh Derick, go look up the word "Irony" please.

36 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

I wonder if he's annoyed that TLC's adding another reality show with a trans cast member. http://people.com/tv/jackie-evancho-juliet-evancho-tlc-special-growing-up-evancho/

I think he's annoyed at being a rapid "has-been".  His tweets strike me as desperate attempts to appear relevant.  Would people pay to listen to him speak?  Would people show up even if it was free?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived