IGNORED

Lori Alexander 26: Fermented Pizza Crust Is More Important than Filling Her Empty Soul

3 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I should add, if my dad had to approve of my clothes, I would only get a grunt type noise (what he does to feign interest) and if he had to pick out clothes it would come from Tractor Supply or Farm and Fleet or the like (he is a farmer) :D 

Edit to add- I would be fine with several items from Tractor Supply or Farm & Fleet but not an entire wardrobe. And I would be far more comfortable in that clothing than Fredrick's :) 

My husband has occasionally gotten me John Deere tank tops from Farm & Fleet to wear. I'm busty, and wearing the tanks without a bra counts as lingerie.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if Lori planned to take an 8-week vacation (9 weeks beginning Sat).  Did she only pack enough clothes for a week or 2 and has been doing laundry (or Ken has) and recycling her outfits?  Has she used the lack of clothes as an excuse to go shopping?  Who is watering her precious lemon tree while she's gone?

I hope that her children who live near her are enjoying this peaceful time without her butting constantly into their lives -- because you know she does.  I suspect that's one reason Stephen lives in NY state.

I've been thinking how interesting/ ironic/ karmic it is that the child most like her is Ryan -- the one she sabotaged her bc to conceive.  To be clear I do not mean that as a compliment to Ryan. 

What's the deal with her saying the grandkids came for 24 hours instead of just saying they came for the day?  Is it a psychological thing?  Five dimes sounds better than 2 quarters?  Twenty four hours sounds longer and more strenuous than one day?  Shoot, my former MiL would insist that the Girl go for the weekend.  She'd have kept her as often and as long as we would allow.  Even my mother, who was a bit ugly about "I'm not raising your kids", loves when they all invade her house.  That was my nieces safe haven when her brothers would get to be too much.  When the threat of bodily harm didn't work, she'd grab her little bag and say, "I'm goin' to gwammaw's" and up the road she'd go.  (now she's as tall as they are and twice as mean)

I'm sure this goes without saying but:  I bet Lori doesn't even LIKE children.  She had some out of obligation and because she knew they'd get her a free ride.  

When my grandson gets pissed off (even now) he grabs his backpack and loudly announces "I'm going to Nona & Poppa's" Not sure he understands that it's about 800 miles. 

3 minutes ago, Imrlgoddess said:

I bet Lori doesn't even LIKE children.  She had some out of obligation

Just like my MIL,  My MIL quit her challenging and fulfilling job as a chemist when she married at 24. That's what was expected of her.  At the time it was expected she would have children. Her first child  (my BIL) was born 4.5 years later;  4 years 4 months after that Mr. Dress was born.  I really believe she never had sex again.

My MIL doesn't have a scintilla of maternal feeling -- or even just normal compassion or empathy for anyone. She doesn't like children, not even her own. She was not one for care and nurture.  No nannies for her -- she ruled with a ready "no" for any- and every thing Mr. Dress wanted/ wanted to do, poisonous passive aggressive barbs, open ridicule, and sometimes downright malicious actions.  Although there were no leather straps or beatings, I understand she did like grabbing a hand or arm and digging her nails in until.she broke the skin.

She is not religious at all, attended the socially prominent church for appearances, and is very conscious of her social position.

My FIL just ignored everything she did and occupied his time with work, civic organizations, and disappearing into his basement workshop.  Interestingly he never built anything so who knows what he was doing down there. I don't think he liked his children either or more specifically he didn't care about Mr. Dress who bore the brunt of his mother's "mothering."

Beyond the fact I am very glad Mr. Dress is alive, neither of them should ever have had children.

It is a marvel that he is the sweet, kind, loving, compassionate, funny, giving man he is. He is everything that they are not.

7 hours ago, EowynW said:

Thank you. :) 

Oh it was the worst thing to go have to show my dad what I was wearing and get approval. I picked my wedding dress without his say tho. It had a half lace back. Perfectly modest though. Very classy and timeless. The first thing he noticed when I pulled it out of the bag was that back tho lol 

That sounds like a lovely dress! I love colored wedding dresses. 

Isn't this interesting?  Just as we were discussing how Lori seemed to find no joy in her young children, she admonishes women to do just that. 

Still, she seemed unable to write a post on how she herself enjoyed her kids; so she did the next best thing and wrote one of her bossy notes. 

IMG_8111.JPG

48 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

God help us....

I know what to do.  First, don't buy that book.  Second, #1 is jelly of #2.  It happens.  Mom's focus is not soley on #1.  Talk to #1, help him use his words.  Explain how you had to care for him as an infant just like you are with #2.   And, get one on one time with #1, invaluable .  Have #1 help you, include him, explain and engage,  make him feel like the important piece of the puzzle he is.  It is a tricky time in life.  Beating will not help.  At all.  Totally unnecessary.   

Lori is like a broken record.  From hell.  

@usmcmom. Yep!  She has nothing positive to share so let the games begin.  Damn hot air ballon that she is.  Shut up Lori, really, take a week off from repeating your hate fuelled crap.

Oh sweet Rufus NO NO NO. Heidi, for the love of Rufus, DO NOT BUY THAT BOOK.

1 hour ago, feministxtian said:

https://thetransformedwife.com/jinger-duggar-is-now-freed-from-wearing-dresses/

Bitch be trippin talking about "modesty". Hypocrite much? 

I noticed one of the commenters said she was a teacher but she wrote ear rings. Could be a typo ....Just struck me as odd since auto correct picks that up. She just did not sound like a teacher, something about her use of language...

It IS bondage to have a dress code for your own fucking family. Yes, yes, I know most mothers go "You are not going out looking like that!" but they don't enforce a shoulders and knees covered policy the rest of the time, oh and by the way it must be skirts. Jinger is clearly fine with pants. I don't think Jeremy forced her to wear them. He could've said "I'm ok with you wearing pants" and Jinger could equally have said "oh no, I'm fine with skirts, thanks". The fact that she's been pictured wearing them a number of times, in amongst photos of her in skirts, shows that she has some choice in the matter. It's fine to have convictions on some things, but not on clothes. 

40 minutes ago, Beermeet said:

I know what to do.  First, don't buy that book.  Second, #1 is jelly of #2.  It happens.  Mom's focus is not soley on #1.  Talk to #1, help him use his words.  Explain how you had to care for him as an infant just like you are with #2.   And, get one on one time with #1, invaluable .  Have #1 help you, include him, explain and engage,  make him feel like the important piece of the puzzle he is.  It is a tricky time in life.  Beating will not help.  At all.  Totally unnecessary.   

Lori is like a broken record.  From hell.  

@usmcmom. Yep!  She has nothing positive to share so let the games begin.  Damn hot air ballon that she is.  Shut up Lori, really, take a week off from repeating your hate fuelled crap.

Can you  imagine what is going to happen to that little child if "Heidi" takes Lori's advice? Heidi will read the book, and go out and buy a piece of plumbing line (cheap at home depot!). The next time that little boy acts out, from jealousy or hunger or whatever, she is going to hit him with the plumbing line until he "surrenders." Pearl even recommends sitting on the child and beating him till he submits. 

I feel sick for that little boy. . . 

My mother dissolved into tears before my marriage when I mentioned I was going to be wearing pants for *some* things. Literally. Bawling like a baby, telling me not to throw away all my training. Not to backslide. Etc etc etc. bullshit  

my dad told my brother (fixing to be engaged) that you never ever ever tell or allow a your wife to go against her raising because that girl was trained by and invested in by her dad and you couldn't mess up that investment. Bullshit. I'd like to drop about 50 lbs first and then imma be all over all kinds of clothes. 

If we ever have girls, I want them to wear jeans and shorts and play sports and be active. And free. And be openly rough and tumble and competitive against the boys. I want them to have the life I didn't have growing up. 

9 minutes ago, EowynW said:

My mother dissolved into tears before my marriage when I mentioned I was going to be wearing pants for *some* things. Literally. Bawling like a baby, telling me not to throw away all my training. Not to backslide. Etc etc etc. bullshit  

my dad told my brother (fixing to be engaged) that you never ever ever tell or allow a your wife to go against her raising because that girl was trained by and invested in by her dad and you couldn't mess up that investment. Bullshit. I'd like to drop about 50 lbs first and then imma be all over all kinds of clothes. 

If we ever have girls, I want them to wear jeans and shorts and play sports and be active. And free. And be openly rough and tumble and competitive against the boys. I want them to have the life I didn't have growing up. 

It is a great joy to let your kids have the childhood you didn't have! You'll love it.

I saw that you wrote that you'd never worn jeans. I urge you to give them a try. They rock! I wear Jeans about 90 percent of the time. I wear shorts the remaining 10. I hate skirts and dresses--always have. As a little girl, my mother always wanted to dress me up, and I knew I was disappointing her by insisting on pants, but I can remember thinking, "I can't do anything in a dress." Fortunately, we were not religious and she did not insist. 

With my own little girls, I dressed them mostly in pants or overalls. As cute as they looked in dresses, I wanted them to develop their gross motor skills, and it's much harder to do so in a dress. And I wanted them to have the same ability to run and play as the little boys--so dresses seemed to unfairly handicap them. Of course, as preschoolers they confounded me by preferring dresses, but you get used to that sort of thing in parenting.

One of the commenters explains that she has decided to wear skirts only so that people can tell she is female. 

WTF? Do fundies have that hard a time telling adult biological males from adult biological females? In most cases, physical biology takes care of that distinction. I have boobs and hips. Mr. O5 does not. We can both be wearing jeans and t-shirts and you can tell which of us is biologically male and which is biologically female. I guarantee that. 

30 minutes ago, Hisey said:

Can you  imagine what is going to happen to that little child if "Heidi" takes Lori's advice? Heidi will read the book, and go out and buy a piece of plumbing line (cheap at home depot!). The next time that little boy acts out, from jealousy or hunger or whatever, she is going to hit him with the plumbing line until he "surrenders." Pearl even recommends sitting on the child and beating him till he submits. 

I feel sick for that little boy. . . 

Just awful.  I sure hope she does not take that advice.  Welcome to being a mother of 2!  What is happening is very normal.  Hitting and threats are an awful idea.  He's only 3.  No one has their shit together at 3!  Mom needs to get it together, it's our turn. 

42 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

WTF? Do fundies have that hard a time telling adult biological males from adult biological females?

Religious reasons aside, why does it even matter if they can't determine a random stranger's biological sex? Unless they are actually interacting with that person they don't need to sweat proper pronouns, and the question is pretty irrelevant. There's no good reason to be personally insulted by a stranger's uncertain gender identity, and 'but God doesn't like it!' doesn't count! 

Sibling rivalry...the bane of my existence for so many years. The behavior by the older kid would not have been tolerated by me...however, there are good ways of handling it. Get big involved with little. Let big help with little, let big teach little. The biggest problem I had (and still have) is my two sons have NEVER gotten along. They're just two totally different people, were then, are now. They're like oil and water, but now when one is 30 and the other is 27, I really no longer care. 

Back in the dark ages...I'd also separate the kids. The girls would go in the basement and play with their dollhouse and stuff. The boys would get "tossed" outside to run and yell and do all those crazy boy things and then fight. There would be time when the littles were napping that I'd do things with the bigs. or when the bigs were in school I'd do things with the littles. Mama can make special time for big when little is napping. 

Meh...what do I know... 

@EowynW let me introduce you to Torrid (www.torrid.com) purveyors  -- online and in stores -- of trendy but totally wearable clothes for women with curves.

They have a huge jeans selection -- all styles in sizes 10 to 30  -- all styles and lengths from extra short to extra tall.

The clothes may be just a tad pricey, but there are frequent excellent sales. If you join as a Torrid insider (free) you get rewards, $10 at time depending on what you spend, plus early notice of sales and new arrivals.

1 hour ago, louisa05 said:

One of the commenters explains that she has decided to wear skirts only so that people can tell she is female. 

WTF? Do fundies have that hard a time telling adult biological males from adult biological females? In most cases, physical biology takes care of that distinction. I have boobs and hips. Mr. O5 does not. We can both be wearing jeans and t-shirts and you can tell which of us is biologically male and which is biologically female. I guarantee that. 

This reminds me of one of PP's crazy sermons where he talked about women wearing pants and I recall him saying something that women wearing skirts or dresses was to tell that they were female. He said that when women wear pants it's hard to if they are women or men. I think it was the same video where he made Zsu stand up in front of the congregation and show off how she wear skirts.

18 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

He said that when women wear pants it's hard to if they are women or men.

By this logic, would ladies wearing tight-fitting pants or leggings that show off their bodies be considered more biblical? :my_angel:

2 hours ago, EowynW said:

@Hisey I would like to. I'm short with a little waist and big booty and thighs and I haven't found a pair I feel comfortable in yet though. 

Try buying ankle-length jeans.  They sell them at the Gap and other places. I wear them as regular jeans, they fall to the top of my feel. A short person tip.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived