IGNORED

Lori Alexander 26: Fermented Pizza Crust Is More Important than Filling Her Empty Soul

Mr. EW was a firefighter for ten years.i do love tempting him. :D 

This reminds me of the Bible college that did a fire drill but made the girls change out of pjs first. I read it on SFL

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From today's post:

We also need to be careful to not waste time shopping for clothes or spending a lot of money on it, but instead, we need to care a lot more about serving and helping others. We are called to be known for our good works, NOT for how we dress.

Serving and helping others? Doing good works? Better get right on that, Lori. And while you're at it, maybe you should stop caring so much about how anyone dresses so you have more time to actually help, serve, and do good.

3 hours ago, EowynW said:

But I can't just spill my guts anymore about stuff. It's kind of sad. I have no safe person except Mr. Ew right now.

@EowynW Oh honey -- you have all of us.  We're your safe people.  You can confide in us here or ask to send a prviate message.  This is a no judgement zone -- well except for Loriken and the leg humpers :)

Think  of us as the older (or not) women that Lori thinks she is (but isn't).  We may not have all the answers, but we'll here to listen and help if we can

Lori:

Christianity is never bondage but freedom in Christ. We have freedom to decide what is modest and what isn’t modest by asking our dads when we live under their roof and our husbands once married and then dressing accordingly. Men know what causes men to stumble and what does not.

We are free to do as we are told. How Christian Orwellian.

32 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

@EowynW Oh honey -- you have all of us.  We're your safe people.  You can confide in us here or ask to send a prviate message.  This is a no judgement zone -- well except for Loriken and the leg humpers

Think  of us as the older (or not) women that Lori thinks she is (but isn't).  We may not have all the answers, but we'll here to listen and help if we can

Thank you. :) 

21 minutes ago, Florita said:

Lori:

Oh it was the worst thing to go have to show my dad what I was wearing and get approval. I picked my wedding dress without his say tho. It had a half lace back. Perfectly modest though. Very classy and timeless. The first thing he noticed when I pulled it out of the bag was that back tho lol 

OK ya'll this is my "How stupid can leghumpers be" rant.  It's not meant to offend any of my non-Catholic FJ friends.

In the FB comments to Lori's doodle on why disagreeing with her is disagreeing with God a couple of the leg humpers opine that "Catholicism is not the same as Christianity". and that Catholicism is a "religion" (gee really), but "One with many unbiblical practices" 

The one leghumper states that "the pope is the vicar of Christ. Vicar means substitute. that's blasphemy"  Well ..... no because Catholics don't believe the Pope is God. She goes on with the tired old trope that Catholics pray to saints,  but never to God/ Jesus.  and then ends with this passive aggressive statement to let the Catholics know they are doing it all wrong.  

"Check the doctrine of your religion and compare it with the Word of God. I say all of this in love praying you will see what Catholicism really is."

Seriously? Do these people not know that before there were Baptists, Methodists, Pentecostals, non-denominationals, etc. -- Before there were any Protestants at all there was only the Catholic Church?  The Catholic church was the only Christianity for hundreds and hundreds and  hundreds of years,  Without the Catholic Church for Martin Luther to split from they wouldn't exist.  

Not that we are a perfect lot by any means (Inquisition, priests abusing children, the Crusades, selling indulgences, etc.) but neither are they -- Gothard, DPIAT, VF debacle, Mark Driscoll, Joshly D, grifting pastors, etc. You get my drift.

So yeah I get it. Lots of people don't like Catholicism and Catholics.  But stop being stupid and saying stupid, ridiculous things.  Catholics are Christians. Whether the leg humpers like it or not.

Rant over, Back to our regularly scheduled Lori snarks.

We are church hunting right now. It's been a long tiring journey. We recently attended a funeral in a Catholic Church and that mass was amazing hands down and was exactly what we needed at that time. We are forever grateful we decided to go. 

@Red Hair, Black Dress It is ironic that on a post about being vehemently attacked for one's beliefs they vehemently attack someone for her beliefs. I wonder if she posted the comment ("I hope to become a Catholic religious sister!!!") purposely to show that. Seemed a little random to me.

Leg humpers are too stupid to know when they are being played. And too self-righteous to see what bitches they are.

21 hours ago, feministxtian said:

Lori, the bible and "dying to self"...

I seem to remember something about Jesus telling his followers to TAKE UP THEIR CROSS and follow Him. Sounds like dying to self to me. 

I'm currently reading a book by John MacArthur (no slams please) about the cost of following Christ. It ain't cheap and it ain't easy. 

Lori needs to take a couple of theology classes...I can suggest some really good podcasts by some good theologians. 

Matthew 16: 24-25 

24 Then Jesus told his disciples, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. 25 For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.

She may not accept that first scripture, after all, it's not found somewhere between Romans and Revelation(s), but Paul was into affirming the things Jesus said, and did so in a big way right here...

In Romans!  (Maybe Mike Pearl forgot to preach on that passage....)

Romans 6

How can we who died to sin still live in it? 3 Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? 4 We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life.

5 For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we shall certainly be united with him in a resurrection like his. 6 We know that our old self was crucified with him in order that the body of sin might be brought to nothing, so that we would no longer be enslaved to sin. 7 For one who has died has been set free from sin. 8 Now if we have died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him.

And Galatians! 

Galatians 2:20

I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. 

John McArthur won me over when he started teaching mutual submission.  

In the 'JINGER DUGGAR IS NOW “FREED” FROM WEARING DRESSES' on her blog, copied and pasted:  

Ellicott’s Commentary about this phrase: “Adorn themselves in modest apparel.”—This direction to Christian women was not intended to apply to their ordinary dress in the world, but simply explained to the sisters of the Ephesian flock that their place in public worship was one of quiet attention—that their reverence and adoration must be shown not by thrusting themselves forward with a view to public teaching or public praying, but by being present and taking part silently—avoiding especially in these services anything like a conspicuous dress or showy ornaments—anything, in fact, which would be likely to arouse attention, or distract the thoughts of others.”

So commentaries are needed...but I thought Aunt Lori said the Bible is enough? And is 'not intended to apply to their ordinary dress in the world' her escape hatch for those shorts/skirt/whatever the heck it was, that left part of her ass hanging out? And the deep V neckline? Come on, Lori-girl, we want to hear your 'Biblical' explanation! 

1 minute ago, onemama said:

John McArthur won me over when he started teaching mutual submission.  

Wait, WHAT?! I thought he was king of complementarianism. 

1 minute ago, jerkit said:

Wait, WHAT?! I thought he was king of complementarianism. 

There you go.  

https://www.gty.org/library/blog/B150410

He still complementarian, but he appears to understand that all authority in the family is to be practiced in mutual submission.  He actually says that Ephesians 5 is about mutual submission. 

JINGER DUGGAR IS A FREE ELF! 

As for Lori, 

Our clothing should cover the body, which is pretty much a given. 

Apparently, exposing ass and cleavage to your navel is totally fine if you are a godly mentor. Otherwise, cover up, you brazen hussies! 

This is very appealing to me, especially as I grow older and don’t care as much about how I look since my looks are definitely fading ... 

Someone needs to stop reading FreeJinger since someone's husband has repeatedly forbidden it. Methinks someone is most definitely NOT a submissive wife. 

How vey nice of you, Lori, to point out that Debi Pearl isn't exactly pretty, in your opinion. You might as well have written that she has a face for radio. This is what we call an insult wrapped in a ribbon and you are very good at presenting those. 

IMG_8099.PNG

3 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

How vey nice of you, Lori, to point out that Debi Pearl isn't exactly pretty, in your opinion. You might as well have written that she has a face for radio. This is what we call an insult wrapped in a ribbon and you are very good at presenting those. 

IMG_8099.PNG

At least Debi is honest when she calls someone "hillbilly ugly"

2 hours ago, Florita said:

Lori:

Christianity is never bondage but freedom in Christ. We have freedom to decide what is modest and what isn’t modest by asking our dads when we live under their roof and our husbands once married and then dressing accordingly. Men know what causes men to stumble and what does not.

Well if my husband had his way I would be wearing Fredrick's of Hollywood clothing line.

I should add, if my dad had to approve of my clothes, I would only get a grunt type noise (what he does to feign interest) and if he had to pick out clothes it would come from Tractor Supply or Farm and Fleet or the like (he is a farmer) :D 

Edit to add- I would be fine with several items from Tractor Supply or Farm & Fleet but not an entire wardrobe. And I would be far more comfortable in that clothing than Fredrick's :) 

22 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Well if my husband had his way I would be wearing Fredrick's of Hollywood clothing line.

Sounds a little like my husband!  He's never suggested Fredrick's specifically, but more than once he's encouraged me to go for a lower neckline, or shorter garments, or...well, you get the idea. And I take his suggestions into consideration (although not always action, depending on my personal comfort level), not because I feel like I must, but because I know it's OK with him either way.  My ex was very much into modesty, and would say of whatever I was considering, 'Well, I like it,' meaning that he thought it was sexy, so I shouldn't wear it, end of discussion. I don't think my husband truly gets how much I value that he wouldn't ever try to tell me what to wear!  

Lori:

If he wanted women to only wear dresses, the Apostle Paul could have made it very clear exactly what they are to wear but he didn't.

Her fixation with Paul is getting really weird.  She almost seems to elevate him above Jesus.

Lori:

We also need to be careful to not waste time shopping for clothes or spending a lot of money on it, but instead, we need to care a lot more about serving and helping others.

4 hours later:

I saw this adorable apron in a local gift store. Cherries and apples are very popular here up in Door County and make everything look good!

She was on her way to the gift store before she even hit publish :roll:

13 hours ago, older than allosaurs said:

I've been wondering that too. I can't remember her ever recalling a sweet moment or marveling over a child's question or comment. Me, I'm now the classic boring grandma who can't shut up about the wise or funny things they say and do  

I never had kids and so don't have grandkids but I have looked after twin boys since they were born. They are now almost 14 years old and I'm staying with them for a few days while their parents take their older sister back to college. I look (almost directly, they've gotten so tall) into their eyes and remember countless moments and even more hugs and cuddles from the years before they discovered they were more comfortable with teenage boys side-hugs (not to be confused with stupid Duggar side hugs). They have brought pure delight to my life. 

Lying Lazy Lori Alexander would simply never be capable of experiencing that much joy, nor understand that it has nothing to do with Jesus or the Bible or her precious submission.  

20 hours ago, Beermeet said:

Does  Lori ever talk about sweet memories with her kids?  As babies?  So harsh.  

No, she doesn't. I read her book and I don't remember one sweet story about her kids. It is always about discipline and her being sick, and in and out of different schooling methods.

Not any stories about how graceful and enjoyable it was to watch her daughter dance or going out for ice cream after a game with the boys, etc. Just the fact that someone forgot the damn potato in her soup and they had to be quite because me, me, me.

13 hours ago, feministxtian said:

I have so many wonderful memories of when my children were small. The funny things they said and did, the times they fell asleep on me or came over for a cuddle. I have the same memories of my grandbabies...rocking them to sleep, watching their school plays, loving on them, the silly things they said and did, how my heart would feel like it would explode. 

What does Lori have? 

Oh, she has lots of sweet memories. She remembers how sweet it was for her and Ken to take turns hitting a kid over spilt raisins. How fun it was to taunt her teen daughters over their rounded behinds (because HERS was still slim, don't you know, not like those chubsters). How enjoyable it was to plop those screaming brats in the arms of her paid servant nanny so that she could sail off for her prescribed two-hour-daily-nap.

My-oh-my-oh-MY were those some sweet memories! But all good things must come to an end. Now she has to fake being an interested grandmother. It's much harder to do this, you must understand, because it's not easy explaining why you need a nanny as a grandmother. When the grandbratbaby cries, you have to act like you actually care. This is tough when the only thing you care about is yourself. So you get creative, blame your annoying, unsubmissive daughter-in-law. It's probably her fault anyway for catering to that kid, babying it. If she were smart, she'd leave it to cry itself to sleep in a room. That way, you could get some darn peace and quiet on your 8-week-vacay! GEEZ.

Whatever. Anyway. That's what she has. Sweet, sweet memories indeed.

So I've been taking a break from Lori recently, because a little while after the whole debacle with that woman who was suicidal and the deleting of the hotline number, I realised that I was getting far too emotionally involved in hating Lori for it to be healthy. I still have been checking the threads periodically though, and I watched the video with her talking about how she scared her grandchildren into complaining less with that story about the snakes. 

And she just seemed so... happy about it. She seemed to be amused with herself, and clearly proud of what a 'clever' idea it was, and she scares the daylights out of me. There was barely an doubt in my mind at all, but that sort of confirmed it for me that Lori is a scary, evil woman who should be kept away from children. 

Children complain over silly things sometimes, but on other occasions they complain because something is seriously wrong, and if - God forbid - anything terrible ever happened to one of Lori's grandchildren whilst they were in her 'care', I sincerely hope she would listen to them and not just threaten them with God's anger snakes. In fact, she had better hope and pray that nothing like that ever happens because there's proof on the internet (which will last forever, because you can be sure someone has copies of that video) that she's the type of person to ignore and punish children for expressing any kind of negativity. 

How her four offspring think it's a good idea to leave their children in the leathery, eager to spank, hands of Lori 'selfish, miserable shrew of a woman' Alexander is beyond me.

*puts on the bad person hat* I was delighted to read that she hurt her foot trying to kick her cat. As in, I laughed at her pain (yeah, yeah, i already put on the bad person hat, i can admit to not being perfect and mature). That's what she gets for trying to harm an animal. She should have known that a cat's not gonna put up with that. Evil, detestable woman deserved it, and I would give that cat all the snuggles and treats and a good home away from her if I could.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived