IGNORED

Lori Alexander 26: Fermented Pizza Crust Is More Important than Filling Her Empty Soul

For the hair loss, also try collegian. I buy Great Lakes from Amazon (well when money allows) and take a tablespoon full in my coffee in the mornings. It also helps gut health. 

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/14/2017 at 9:02 AM, Koala said:

- A couple of months back (on FB) she wrote that she had "recently" asked her Dad about anal sex.  She's a 60 year old grandmother, and she's asking her 80-something year old Dad about anal sex.  Just let that sink in for a minute. :pb_eek:  What the hell kind of conversations do they have??

While reading Lori's book, I noticed that she seems to play a little fast and loose with timelines.  There is stuff in the book that I *know* she posted about on her blog giving a timeline that is different than the one she gives in the book. 

I finally pushed through to the end of that drek and am not doing some research for my review (like finding the many, many inconsistencies between book and blog)

That convo is one of the things on my list.

On 8/14/2017 at 9:15 AM, Koala said:

I have no desire for a television show or go on a book signing tour.

Bitch, please.   She wants to be like those bloggers that get to do this kind of stuff so bad she can taste it.  Which is probably good since she doesn't really eat anything.

7 hours ago, Timetraveler said:

Maybe she also just doesn't understand half of the words/keywords that are in that text. I think her vocabulary is not very extensive, and critical thinking certainly isn't one of her strengths.

YES! I picture her reading those comments and becoming very agitated - running her hands through her hair, grabbing her head in frustration, snapping at Ken when he say "Morning, Babes!" Muttering at the screen "wha....I don't know... what does that mean?  Such big words. Darn those big words. DARN THEM TO HELL!  KEN!  KEEEENNNNNNNNN-uh!"  

On 8/14/2017 at 9:56 AM, AlwaysDiscerning said:

So why are we suppose to take care of sick or injured husbands? Should't we just teach them that suffering is a part of life and not let them complain. 

When has Lori suffered in silence, I must have missed that because she seems to complain about her health A LOT.  Also, I can't imagine what kind of cold childhood her children had.  

My son was one of those kids that was either healthy or hospitalized, no middle ground.   He was in PICU several times before he was 3.   I stayed at the hospital the entire time every time   When he was on a vent and sedated and I couldn't be in the room because even sedated he wanted me to hold him and would get too riled up, I stayed in the lounge 24/7 and constantly was checking on him, by standing at the glass door to his room quietly.  When I was finally allowed to hold him, I rocked him for hours at a time.

His dad was also at the hospital when he wasn't at work (I took time off to be there full time)

On 8/14/2017 at 10:13 AM, usmcmom said:

In fact, scare them with tales of snakes if you can.

say what?

Another woman reader tries to come in and teach a man , Vic:

The Apostle Paul was content in abundance, and in lack, in good treatment, and in abuse. Which, by extrapolation, means he didn't whine and complain when ailing. When kids are old enough to understand and be trained (obviously you couldn't train and infant not to cry when teething), it is counter-Christ to allow them to wallow in self-pity just because they're sick. I take good care of my 4 children when they're ill, but do not tolerate whining, selfish behavior. It can and should be repressed. The world doesn't revolve around them just because they are sick. After ministering well to their needs, I still have things to accomplish. Selfishness is spoken against more than once in scripture, and has no place in our homes or our toleration.

I wonder if this is also how they justify women staying in abusive relationships. You should just be content in your abuse, like Paul!

18 minutes ago, Curious said:

say what?

Side note: For those keeping count, as of Saturday, The Moderate Mentor will have been vacationing for 8 solid weeks.

On 8/14/2017 at 5:45 PM, Koala said:

Learning to suffer in silence does not cause mental illness. I was taught to suffer in silence and so were my children and not one of us have mental illness. We are all healthy mentally and emotionally.

I think that's a bit debatable....

aceecfd9b920afcac841962173b59912.png
Lori says in her caption that we've never been told to die to self in the Bible.

Well, guess what, incompetent mentor? If you're going to ignore the fact that hermeneutics would indicate that in fact that is, indeed, the teaching all over the Bible as we are sinful creatures and we are told to die to sin and sinful desires and therefore ourselves in order to be made new in faith...this also depends on your translation of the Bible. Some translations do literally say "die to self" in certain verses.

I would think a Godly Mentor would be aware of those variables and address them?

11 hours ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

I've heard/seen the Rogaine horror stories

I have met one of the scientists that created Rogaine. He is completely bald. He won't use it..... just throwing it out there for everyone.

If you lived close to me I would hook you up with my hairstylist, she makes wigs and extensions.

Some of Vic's comments are gone.  I wonder what she tells herself when she has to delete comments.

Even more importantly, I wonder what goes through her mind when she deletes comments that have absolutely no commentary, and only cite only scripture.

I hope our next thread is: Lori Alexander: Deleting Scripture since 2017

42 minutes ago, FundieFarmer said:

aceecfd9b920afcac841962173b59912.png
Lori says in her caption that we've never been told to die to self in the Bible.

Well, guess what, incompetent mentor? If you're going to ignore the fact that hermeneutics would indicate that in fact that is, indeed, the teaching all over the Bible as we are sinful creatures and we are told to die to sin and sinful desires and therefore ourselves in order to be made new in faith...this also depends on your translation of the Bible. Some translations do literally say "die to self" in certain verses.

I would think a Godly Mentor would be aware of those variables and address them?

"Walking" appeals to Lori because it is all about self-control, self-awareness, self-denial. Whereas "dying" implies surrendering control and focusing more on Jesus less on the self. Really, both concepts are taught in the Bible. It isn't one or the other as she seems to think.

I wonder if she thinks her suffering for 25 years (used to be only 20) is greater than Christ's, since He only suffered for a day?

Oh my. How traumatic for you, @Curious!  So glad your son has you for a loving, caring mother instead of Aunt Lori. ..... I'm sure she'd never understand that we good mamas don't leave our babies alone in hospital. 

Thank you, @quiversR4hunting. I've seen some beautiful hair extensions with before and after. Maybe I can start saving my nickels.

Well, Lori can call semantics and play word games all the damn day. 

The bottom line is: walking in spirit, dying to self, etc. -- Aunt Lori sure ain't doin it. Not even close!

Yet another example of an awful person writing revisionist history to make herself seem noble. :pantsonfire:

From today's post about feminists doing mothering wrong (ha):

Ken and I were watching a television show recently and two young daughters just found out that their beloved nanny had quit and their mom was going to have to find another one for them since their mother had a high-powered and stressful career that kept her away from her children most of the time. The daughters cried, “Whose (sic) going to take care of us?” That question should never have to be asked by children. Their mothers are the ones responsible to care for them!

Schoolmarm Lori's abominable writing skills aside, I wonder how her children would have responded to their beloved nanny quitting? 

When they get equal pay with men (which they mostly do), paid maternity leave, and other perks, why should they stay home with their children? In their minds, working outside the home is much more profitable than raising children since money has more worth in our culture than children.

Women are fighting for these things so that we can provide children with food, shelter, stability, economic security ... all those things spoiled princess Lori never had to give one thought to because she's had the luxury of relying on other people to take care of them for her all her life. 

How could women in the Church ever believe that a career is more important than having and raising children when children are clearly blessings from the Lord?

1.  Not every woman believes in God or Lori's version of God.
  2. Not every woman believes that bringing another child into the world is a blessing.
  3. Not every woman believes it is her job to be a brood mare.
  4. Not every woman wants to be a mother.
  5. Not every woman can be a mother (physically or emotionally).

They marry late and then put off having children due to the women having careers. Then if they have children, they only have a few since they want their “freedom” to travel and enjoy life before children come onto the scene. They waste valuable fertile years to pursue pleasure instead of bearing and raising godly offspring.

Because I've seen the way Lori shreds her "friends" and acquaintances on her blog, I highly doubt that anyone she knows confides intimately in her as to their reasons for delaying marriage or childbearing. So this is just a bunch of BS that Lori's just made up in her own head. I married late (compared to peers, anyway) because I didn't find the man I wanted to marry until later in life. And I didn't start having children until later because I didn't get married until later, and when I did start getting pregnant, I had difficulty carrying them. So it took me a while to be able to carry a pregnancy successfully. I'd never EVER have told a Lori-like acquaintance any of that because she'd have judged the hell out of me, and I was already judging myself for my miscarriages. Unfairly, too, because it was nothing I'd done.

D'ya know who's done violence to mothering? Vile creatures who flick their nurslings' cheeks. Hateful women who lock their kids in their rooms for hours a day so that they can enjoy their silence. Monsters who beat toddlers over spills and people who delight in telling even strangers to spank small children and to "hit harder" even if you think you've broken bones. 

Those are the people who're doing violence to mothering. 

Suffer in silence? Isn't this the lady that sent out an email about her aches and pains just before her son's wedding? Asking for prayers? And I think she also did this before another child's graduation. It always bothered me the way she hijacked all the attention before what should have been her kids' big days. I could never imagine bothering all my guests with my complaints. 

Well said, @polecat.

The Godly Idiot just showed up in my feed again. (Snarl. Gotta fix that.)

Today she's talking about moms who don't enjoy their children or get frustrated. 

Yeah. That's real life in the trenches some days, because we don't have a nanny. Or because we HAVE to work to provide for kiddos and we're so damn tired cuz up all night cuz sick babies, cuz no nanny and no godly nap. Plus cooking, cleaning, laundry, cuz no housekeeper. 

But for the few times you see us at wits' end -- there are thousands of loving moments that take our breath away cuz we actually LOVE our kids.

I did not know long a kid can be contagious for so this is an interesting discussion.

I have to say, having a sick kid is one time I don't like being a working mom. Your kid needs you but your boss may pressure you to come into work before the school wants you child back or they are able to attend.

Despite this, I will always believe women should work if they want to. My salary has helped us through tough times & i'm proud of that. Not luxuries, basic costs of living. Anything can happen to your husband so I want to be prepared for the worst.

plus, once my kid went to full day school, I was bored at home. Cleaning the house did not take that long.  By that time, we were in the hole so the best thing for me was going back to work. First few years, my hubby put her on the bus & she went to babysitter for 39-45 minutes a day. I was home by 4 most days.

so contrary to what Lori says, not all babies go immediately into daycare & never see their parents. Lots of moms stay home for a while, then go back to work, it depends on the needs of the family. You have to adapt to your personal situation. It is really not her place to judge!

1 hour ago, Koala said:

Some of Vic's comments are gone.  I wonder what she tells herself when she has to delete comments.

And how does she justify silencing *gaspshock* A MAN?  Where does it say in the Bible that she can do that? 

13 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

And how does she justify silencing *gaspshock* A MAN?  Where does it say in the Bible that she can do that? 

Exactly!  Nowhere in the Bible does it say an easily deceived woman has the right to delete a man's comments on FB (especially, when he is rebuking her)! <---Using Lori's logic.

4 hours ago, Curious said:

She wants to be like those bloggers that get to do this kind of stuff so bad she can taste it. 

Yeah, generally people who don't care about something like that won't feel the need to bring up how much they don't care... not to mention the post that went "viral." 

54 minutes ago, Chocolatedefrauded said:

Anything can happen to your husband so I want to be prepared for the worst.

Exactly. The assumption about it all being for luxuries is so privileged. Even if a family can cover their basic expenses with one income, there are still other considerations unless you're independently wealthy.

It's hard to get back into the workforce after you've been out for 1-2 years, not to mention 10+ years. You also forfeit promotions, raises, and networking in that time period. Employers may not accept the gaps in your resume, or your skills might be out of date. There's no magical guarantee you can go back to a comparable job with a comparable salary. This doesn't mean it's not worth it -- for many families, it's the right choice. But it makes it a lot harder for a woman to suddenly return to work if it becomes unfortunately necessary. 

@ChickenettiLuvr @HoneyBunny I have alopecia totalis, and have had alopecia in severe form since I was four years old. I have worn wigs since about seven.

Google is your friend! Some of the best both real hair and synthetic wigs and extensions are to be found in Asia - where most are made. Look at Chinese and South East Asian sites - I can buy real hair for less than the cost of synthetic in the UK or US. They are usually on a light weight base, and not uncomfortable. And good enough that I am often asked where I get my hair cut! So if the chemicals/medicines don't work, all is not lost.:my_shy:

I've lived with hair loss for sixty years, and it ain't the end of the world - as these things go, it's definitely livable with!

ETA I pay about $275 for a full real hair wig - which will last for 4 - 5 years if cared for properly.

Lori, the bible and "dying to self"...

I seem to remember something about Jesus telling his followers to TAKE UP THEIR CROSS and follow Him. Sounds like dying to self to me. 

I'm currently reading a book by John MacArthur (no slams please) about the cost of following Christ. It ain't cheap and it ain't easy. 

Lori needs to take a couple of theology classes...I can suggest some really good podcasts by some good theologians. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived