IGNORED

John Shrader 13: Is the End Near? (In Kafue?)

Coconut Flan

On 8/19/2017 at 0:56 PM, Palimpsest said:

God gave me another song called "Lord of the Harvest."

Has anyone searched to see if God is "giving" John songs like he "gives" Raquel pomes?  IE: pintrest, social media, google, etc

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/21/2017 at 9:43 AM, formergothardite said:

*I might have spent a good chunk of boring church services reading that hymnal.  

Church was just an hour of torture for me.  I think I read the hymnal all the way through a few times and was always excited to get the...can't remember what they are called atm.  The little usually 4 pages (2 pages front/back) that they handed out each week to tell you announcements, relevant cites for that days sermon, etc.

9 minutes ago, Curious said:

the...can't remember what they are called atm.  The little usually 4 pages (2 pages front/back) that they handed out each week to tell you announcements, relevant cites for that days sermon, etc.

We called them bulletins.

On 8/21/2017 at 8:27 PM, Palimpsest said:

He makes me sick.

This kind of stuff makes me really ragey lately.  I don't know what Michael did, if he was an actual person, but I'm sure his value on this earth was probably quantum leaps above anything John has done or ever will do.

God leaves people like John on this earth and takes good, young, people that do more to change lives in ONE day than John will EVER do.

Every time I read things like this on FJ lately, it literally burst into tears for my amazing spine surgeon that died at 38, leaving behind a wife, a 5-year-old daughter, and hundreds, if not thousands of patients, whose lives he made dramatic changes in.

1 minute ago, Bethella said:

We called them bulletins.

That's it.  Thank you.  I couldn't come up with anything but programs and I knew that wasn't it.  Now I will be able to sleep tonight ;) 

9 hours ago, Curious said:

The little usually 4 pages (2 pages front/back) that they handed out each week to tell you announcements, relevant cites for that days sermon, etc.

I loved the bulletins! Especially the rare ones that had stories or jokes inside. 

I looked back and John actually did mention Michael a while back, but not a single mention of him since. How can none of John's followers question why he didn't request prayer for Michael? 

9 hours ago, Curious said:

Has anyone searched to see if God is "giving" John songs like he "gives" Raquel pomes?  IE: pintrest, social media, google, etc

I would love it if God were like non-premium Spotify, and after every three hymns or so, He would start going "LO, I BESEECH THEE TO TRY GODIFY PREMIUM" or "THOU SHALT USE THE OFFER CODE JESUSSSSSS FOR A 30-DAY FREE TRIAL OF BLUEAPRON".

10 hours ago, Curious said:

Not really, although I did listen to John's song a couple of times wondering whether the tune or words were derivative. I decided that the first 3 notes did remind me of "something" but it was Sting's Fields of Gold.  I seriously doubt that John has ever heard of Sting! :D

I'm not familiar enough with the newer Fundie hymns to figure out if he's plagiarizing but I would not be at all surprised.  

25 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I looked back and John actually did mention Michael a while back, but not a single mention of him since. How can none of John's followers question why he didn't request prayer for Michael? 

I stand corrected.  Was it more than 41 (+2) days ago?  I wonder why he didn't boast about Michael's conversion more then.

John's followers, far from asking why they had not been asked to pray, were liking and loving the post announcing Michael's death.   Fuck them.  Like @Curious, it makes me ragey.

Poor Michael.

John seems to be targeting a very poor part of Kafue these days - if that is what he means by "Compound."  Fields ripe for harvest.  The idea of John writing a harvest hymn almost inspired me to a hymn parody yesterday, but I got distracted by writing "Toolin' around" for Doug (the Tool) Phillips.  I did manage the first 2 lines of the hymn though: 

♫  John sees the slum and litters
The tracts upon the ground   ♫

14 hours ago, formergothardite said:

How can none of John's followers question why he didn't request prayer for Michael? 

I'm sure if they had, the comment was deleted and they were BLOCKED.

@nastyhobbitses You made me laugh out loud!

@Palimpsest I better not get "Fields of Gold" stuck in my head now.... :)

11 hours ago, PopRox said:

@Palimpsest I better not get "Fields of Gold" stuck in my head now.... :)

4 hours ago, KnittingOwl said:

I certainly did.  :my_cry:

I'm so sorry!  But Fields of Gold isn't the worst earworm to have.  I should know.  Click the spoilers at your own risk.

Spoiler

I had the soundtrack to Saturday Night Fever running through my head all of Tuesday

My latest song parody.  Hint:  It is "FJ to John" from the album Jobs for the Grifterman.  With apologies to Cat (Yusuf) Stevens (Islam).

Spoiler

It's past time to make a change,
Just get a job, t'won't be easy
You're bone idle, that's your fault,
There's so much you need to do
Find a job, settle down,
You should want to be a worker
Look for jobs, they exist, but you're lazy

A grifter, like you are now, finds begging far too easy,
You're so vain, but you've found things are going wrong
You're out of time, you silly clot,
Why, think of all the kids you've got
For you will need a job tomorrow, and your dreams should rot

How can we try to explain, 'cos when we do John turns his back again
It's always been the same, same old story
From the moment John could talk, he knew he was a grifter-boy
Zambians are not prey and we know that he has to go away
We know John has to go

It's past time to make a change,
Knuckle down, don't take it easy
You're too idle, that's your fault,
There's so much you need to see through

Find a job, settle down,
You should want to be a worker
Look for jobs, they exist, but you're lazy

All the times that you cried, losing all the jobs you took aside,
Work is hard, but it's harder to ignore it
You need a job, we agree, but it's we who know not he now
But there's a way and we know that John has to go away
We know John has to go

John is the world's worst missionary. He has created more converts with his penis than he has with his Bible. His poor children are stuck there and have no choice, but other people wise to his bullshit soon enough and run away.

Just reassuring poor blocked @Gobsmacked, I (and others) are still very much on the job.

As of now, John has not updated FB since the last Michael post.  He must be very busy crashing the 3 day funeral with thousands of tracts, and John and Romans.

5 hours ago, KnittingOwl said:

Fortunately, I don't know your other ear worm!

Thread drift alert!

I'm so old.  Cat Stevens was one of the major heartthrobs of my youth!  He went off the rails in more ways than one, but I still love his 1970s music.  He also did the soundtrack for Harold and Maude for cult movie fans.

No parodies but do look into Cat's:

"Oh, baby, baby, it's a wild world. It's hard to get by with just a smile."

and

"Well, if you want to sing out, sing out
And if you want to be free, be free
'Cause there's a million things to be
You know that there are"

Also Cat did a lovely version of the song I (and many others) sang in primary school:

"Morning has broken, like the first morning
Blackbird has spoken, like the first bird
Praise for the singing, praise for the morning
Praise for them springing fresh from the word"

End Thread drift and back to topic - John Shrader never praises.  He whines.

15 hours ago, ILoveJellybeans said:

He has created more converts with his penis than he has with his Bible.

For a minute, I was all like, Wait, whaaaat?  But yes, he gives a whole new meaning to "growing a church". 

56 minutes ago, gustava said:

Does anyone else think John's highs are getting higher, the lows lower...and the mood swings closer together?

Yes, very erratic. 

1 hour ago, gustava said:

Does anyone else think John's highs are getting higher, the lows lower...and the mood swings closer together?

I rather regret that we never tracked them over the years (imagine a graph) but they do seem to be getting much more frequent.  It may have more to do with circumstances and his chickens coming home to roost than any (speculated) mental health issue though.

As to intensity - he was as high as a kite on the Burundi trip and many times since.  When all his plans fell apart in Burundi he was still positively bouncing with joy.  A few weeks after that, David Rea slapped him down over something and he had a weeping and wailing fit not unlike this latest one.  It is a definite pattern.

Probably the only person who knows for sure is Esther, and she isn't talking.

I listened to like 14 seconds of the video. I was so embarrassed for him I had to turn it off. That was painful. Why did I click...

White Savior John went to the funeral.

on Wednesday I buried one of my closest and dearest friends here in Zambia.

This might be the ONLY friend John has in Zambia and they didn't seem to be that close. 

Even now I struggle to share this, as the emotions roil in my heart over the end of the short time God gave us together in this life.

This is just the beginning of John making this all about him.

Those who genuinely love genuinely desire to be loved.

I do not love perfectly...but I do love genuinely.

John has mixed up love and worship. He desires worship and constant praise, and he is far from demonstrating genuine love. He appears to toss people the second he no longer can use them.

Michael loved me back.

Michael appears to have barely known John and I wonder how he would feel after spending a lot of time with him.

Not for what I did or could potentially do for him.

Which is good since John does nothing for anyone but himself.

He never asked me for anything except a water bottle.

I sure hope he gave it too him. John and any of his followers, John couldn't even be bothered to request prayer for this guy, John didn't love him.

Michael loved me for who I am, as a human being. He loved me as his pastor

He barely knew him! John is making this out to be an amazing brotherly love story but in reality they seem to be casual acquaintances. 

I first preached the Gospel at the "house of mourning" in the Zambian Compound here in Kafue on Monday night, then again Tuesday night. Tuesday was a flurry of sorrowful activity getting everything ready for the burial the following day.

I slept (in my vehicle) overnight at the house of mourning as is the custom for close friends of the late. The Lord really helped me in the preaching, especially since those that were making threats recently were there. There was also a bar in the Compound literally next door to the house of mourning. Challenging. I was exhausted from the events of Monday, and the full day ending with the preaching.

Wednesday morning started at 5 am for me after a rough and difficult night. Four of the guys from the church also crashed in the back of the Landcruiser, so the windows were dripping with moisture in the morning.

So Rodrick showed up at the funeral and made John feel uncomfortable? 

Though they started digging before 6 am, it was almost noon before they finished. Normal it's two or three men, but this time many helped. Pick axing and digging through that packed road bed was painfully slow and back-breaking work. 

Which John didn't help with at all. John doesn't do back-breaking work.

While they were doing that I was helping the family pick up the casket and go to the mortuary, then go get an awning and chairs for the family at the graveside, as well as a small generator and speakers so the Gospel could clearly be heard by all there, get everything set up, run home to get dressed and ready for preaching, then help transport the family with the casket, all using our trailer that dad sent us.

There weren't huge crowds spread out, so it doesn't appear that the speakers were needed, John just wanted to find something to do to make sure no one asked him to help dig the grave. 

It was very difficult, but God gave me His grace and help to preach.

I placed one white rose on Michael's casket in recognition of God's Purity and Righteousness which He made Michael though Christ.

John does like to put on a show, he even brought his accordion. 

Her sister has taken her and the children to live up in the Copperbelt of Zambia. Oh how hard it was to have to say goodbye to Bridgette and James and little Maureen yesterday.

Good, they need to be far away from John.

We will keep in touch. It would be impossible not to, after how much Michael meant to me.

He meant so much that you couldn't even ask for prayer? 

Spoiler

whitesavior.jpg.0bea3d40e097b52a0e9fe708dcb67411.jpg

John in his White Savior outfit. 

10 hours ago, gustava said:

Hmm I THINK so but damn as @Palimpsestsaid we should have kept a graph. It's not too late! We could go back a few years and work out how many low posts and how many high posts. 

Maybe when I'm less sleep deprived (umm any Mama's out there with a baby who nurses 4+ times a night for the last 4 months will understand!) I'll have the energy to go back and work it out. Maybe. 

Ugh he's the worst. 

What a f-----g useless poser. I was nearly right. I prophesied that John would be at the grave mound waving at the sky. In that photograph he looks as though he is trying to get in. 

John Shrader you are a totally useless  lying poser. 

Oh yes, he stood on the grave mound waving his Bible living out his missionary fantasy.

Spoiler

whitesavior1.thumb.jpg.75bc6ed88fb33bc043a67e422fe71d6e.jpg

How disrespectful to the family of the deceased to barge in and take over the funeral like that. How egocentric to paint himself as the chief mourner. It's so enraging I can't even begin to articulate what I think of this fools audacity and white savior complex...

Best friend? John knew him for ONE MONTH. 

4 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Oh yes, he stood on the grave mound waving his Bible living out his missionary fantasy.

Hide contents

whitesavior1.thumb.jpg.75bc6ed88fb33bc043a67e422fe71d6e.jpg

John dressed like this reminds me of Randall Flagg from The Stand for some reason.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived