IGNORED

John Shrader 13: Is the End Near? (In Kafue?)

Coconut Flan

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I worry like hell about Esther and the kids, especially with Esther being pregnant. John clearly doesn't give a hint of a f**k about their safety, comfort, or well-being.

I worry that the kids are going to be even worse off in the States. Sure, they're props in the John's disastrous melodrama, but at least they have food and shelter.

John is one of the griftier grifters who've ever walked this planet and that's never going to change, but in the US,his family is going to have no support (and probaby a load of debt thanks to the cost of returning and having to set up again from scratch).  I'm not saying John should be able to get away with what he's doing, just that his poor kids are probably fucked whatever way you cut it.  I'm having flashbacks to the bad old days when they where they were on delegation. It'll be like like the Rods Rolling RV of Repulsion but at least they have an actual RV. John's family had to put up with an (unairconditioned) minivan and a pop up camper (Schrader's Trailer of Shame).

40 minutes ago, uber frau said:

I worry that the kids are going to be even worse off in the States. Sure, they're props in the John's disastrous melodrama, but at least they have food and shelter.

Do we know that they are coming back to the States or is this still speculation?

19 minutes ago, DarkAnts said:

Do we know that they are coming back to the States or is this still speculation?

This is currently completely speculation, but we're optimistic that it may come true in the future!  John is in even more trouble than usual -- at least according to his melodramatic accounts.

Here's a recent vaguebook:

Spoiler

[From John's FB Public Page, bolding mine]

Well, today the situations got much worse. I can honestly say that this has been the worst two days (in country ministry related) in our entire time in Zambia. Esther and I have cried until there seem to be no more tears over what God is revealing in some.

We are also receiving threats and church members are as well. One brother's life has been threatened twice. Others threatened with beatings. It's hard to process actually.

I can honestly say that God is bringing me to the end of myself through all of this. That's my desire.

I'm thanking Him for this tonight.

I also tremble to see what may happen here.

"Be not deceived, God is not mocked..."

"It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of a Living God."

"Our God is a consuming fire"

Please pray that Esther and I continue resting in God's Grace, Peace, and Love. He is keeping our hearts and minds in a way I've never experienced before.

Bro. John for Esther and the family

However, we also have public FB posts about his hypocrisy and sinful pride written by former followers and tagged with his FB account name.  There are also references to him lying to government officials about men working with his church plants elsewhere.  He has no regard for the law nor for the locals, and it seems to have become apparent to everyone around him.  He's always been on shaky ground, but there appear to have been recent earthquakes which have left him shocked.

As always, spare a thought for Esther and the kids while they endure his histrionics and drama. 

With all the drama about John maybe being kicked out of Zambia and definitely losing his last 2 converts he had to have the honour of my 1000th post since yuku 

oh john you are such a terrible missionary, it is so incredible you managed to last as long as you did. And that people are still supporting you is breathtaking. What do you have to do to lose support of daddy's church? I really wonder. And await with baited breath!

On a more personal note I would like to thank all the contributors of free jinger. Through university, to many a long night duty, through a horrible breakup, through marriage, 2 babies, a death of a dear loved young family member & living in 3 countries free Jinger has kept me entertained, made me think & given me smiles and interest when life seemed hopeless and when life has been wonderful. 

I am not very good with words and don't post that often but I have read FJ weekly at least since I discovered it when Christina @3_and_countingfirst started courting and FJ was mentioned on TWOP forums. It introduced me to a fascinating world where girls my own age instead of being at university & planning careers & world travel where marrying guys they'd never touched and having babies without birth control. Thank you FJ.  

/end melancholy tribute 

Aw, @Milly-Molly-Mandy, that was a great 1,000th post!  :romance-grouphug:

I'm finding it hard to see how John can dig his way out of this one, although he is already trying to spin it as Satan attacking him because he is successful.  I expect his donors in the US will fall for it.

Posting Handia's Facebook post again for convenience:

Spoiler

God is truly revealing a lot about the "missionary" that led me to Christ, #JohnEstherShrader regarding his fire-red desperation to succeed in ministry that hinders him from being effective. Now my good friends that he was brainwashing to support him even when he is wrong, Roderick and Boyd, have finally seen how deceitful, manipulating and dishonest he is.

These two faithful young gentlemen have asked the missionary to step down as the pastor of their church (my former church) because he is evidently not right with God, but he is so drunk with pride that the thought of genuine humility and repentance seems ridiculous to him.

I also learned with disgust recently how he lied to the government of Zambia in order to get a visa for one of the two Burundian men he failed to train. As a die hard patriot of this lovely diversely cultured nation, this bothers me a great deal but that is not the the core issue here (despite the fact that it is an criminal offence according to the laws of our beloved nation.)

True genuine faithfulness seems impossible to find and a situation like this is so discouraging to someone that once struggled with atheist beliefs. It is unfortunate that the one person that I thought truly lived the word through faithfulness isn't right with God and has no godly sorrow about it, yet is always keen on telling others to "get right." Nonetheless, everything is in God's hands.

Handiya Mwiinga 
Born Again Believer

https://www.facebook.com/kapolo.mwisho

This seems to be confirmed by Roderick's Facebook, which I cannot see.  Roderick was one of John's first converts and John has consistently praised him to the skies as his right hand man.  If even Roderick has seen something wrong with John and wants him to step down - then something very serious has happened.  

For any of John's supporters who may be reading here:

Although John started this church he does not own it.  He also doesn't own the land it is built on.  He must submit to church discipline and step down as pastor.

Furthermore, John needs to be pulled out of Zambia.  If it is true that he lied to the Zambian government to get visas for his supporters, then he needs to be pulled out before he is deported for cause.

Handia's dignified statement above demonstrates exactly why you should be very careful who you chose to send as missionaries.  This young man is heartbroken and disillusioned by John Shrader.  John gives all IFB missionaries a bad name.

We don't call John Shrader the World's Worst Missionary for nothing.  He has been flying red flags ever since he was on Deputation.  His original Sending Church cut him off with prejudice.  His "mission" has been deeply flawed from the very beginning.  

John's grandiose plans always come to nothing.  This is not because Satan is attacking his "success."  

It is because John is a conceited, ambitious, greedy, lying, charlatan who sets himself above everyone else.  Other IFB missionaries have had far more success with infinitely less drama.  John Shrader is damaging to your cause.  People eventually see through his posturing, and it is time his donors do so too.

We have concerns about John's mental health and for the safety of Esther, the baby she is expecting, and 11 children.  

Stop sending money to keep John in Zambia.  Instead focus on bringing the whole family home and support them until they get back on their feet in the US.

16 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

We have concerns about John's mental health and for the safety of Esther, the baby she is expecting, and 11 children.  

Stop sending money to keep John in Zambia.  Instead focus on bringing the whole family home and support them until they get back on their feet in the US.

I am actually super concerned about them even being able to afford to get out of the country. One-way tickets are still easily $1000 a pop. For 11 people (assuming Isaiah is still small enough to be a lap baby) that's not a cheap fare home. Not many IFB churches have $11,000 just sitting around. 

He would have to sell all his grifted goodies. That wouldn't make a dent in the air fare bill, but his Daddy's Humpers ( who will foot the bill eventually), may see it as a teeny tiny tad of humility on John's part. Selling would be more beneficial than paying to haul his bookcases and garage of vehicles back home. 

The bibles can be donated to the church he will leave behind/ local schools/hospitals. 

Local business could make use of his printing equipment.  John can then spin tales of his largesse to hide the fact that he is a total plonker.

12 minutes ago, clearingthingsup said:

Not many IFB churches have $11,000 just sitting around. 

They need to hold a bake sale!  Or buy the tickets on credit.

And what @Gobsmacked said.  Someone should be sent (either from another local IFB mission or Daddy needs to get on a plane) to liquidate all John's possessions in Zambia.  Let's see, 3 cars and a trailer, plane parts, "library," 2 tents, fridge, washing machine, enough obstetrical equipment to stock a small hospital.  That should help.

I note that no local IFB missionaries (Sauders, Prices, or Riggses) have chimed in with support for John ... so far.  

51 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

He would have to sell all his grifted goodies. That wouldn't make a dent in the air fare bill... [snipped]

Actually, if he sells the troop carrier he'll have plenty of money and then some. The value of second hand cars in Africa isn't all that far off their value New as the amount spent on taxes gets pushed down the line with each successive buyer. Where we live that style of Land Cruiser that has had duty paid and is only a few years old would easily sell for $40k + USD. Heck, a ten year old one could still bring $30k. 

Poor Esther and those poor kids. John is losing what little mind he had. :( 

1 hour ago, subsaharanafrica said:

Actually, if he sells the troop carrier he'll have plenty of money and then some. The value of second hand cars in Africa isn't all that far off their value New as the amount spent on taxes gets pushed down the line with each successive buyer. Where we live that style of Land Cruiser that has had duty paid and is only a few years old would easily sell for $40k + USD. Heck, a ten year old one could still bring $30k. 

Wow! No wonder the locals think he is a rich missionary. Or at least they did before the scales fell from their eyes.

Checking in on the Schrader thread and wow, all I can say is what a development!   I can't say I am surprised that John's bullshit is finally being called out though I am surprised that it took this long as he should have never gone in the first place.  If he gets deported he will fully deserve it though I feel for Esther and the kids.  

It had to have taken a major act of bravery to call him out.  As another poster pointed out, it was in all likelihood met with rage similar to what Braderick! experienced when he confronted DPIAT.

If they get sent back to the US, where will they go?   Esther's parents aren't really in any position to help out so I guess all of them will land on Daddy Schrader's doorstep.  Talk about the chickens coming home to roost. 

I have no sympathy for Daddy Shrader. He helped create the plonker that is John.

I do feel very very sorry for Esther and the kids. Esther hadn't a clue what she was being married off to. Now she is stuck in this mess with umpteen littles and a pregnancy. I truly hope that her family get together to fly her mum over to help her. Life must be horrendous for her living with himself at present. Mr Keller deserves horsewhipping for the life he has ordained for at least two of his daughters. 

John is now claiming people are threatening Esther and the kids. No worries though! John feels GREAT! Nothing is his fault, he is just going to sit there and do nothing. I bet in reality he is ranting, raving, bullying and trying to figure out how to explain this in a way where he is blameless. 

Spoiler

Joy Unspeakable and Full of Glory

II Cor. 7:4 "Great is my boldness of speech toward you, great is my glorying of you: I am filled with comfort, I am exceeding joyful in all our tribulation."

Dearest friends,

Your prayers have been felt and answered. The situation continues to deteriorate, now a threat have been against my wife and children as well.

In all of this, God is giving us a peace beyond comprehension, just as He promised in Phil. 4:6, 7.

I actually woke up this morning FILLED with JOY!

I know, crazy right?!

Crazy wonderful!!!

I have God's PROMISE, that this WILL work together for God's Glory and our good.

I just wanted to let y'all know this, hoping that those of you who prayed for us will be encouraged! The fruit of the Holy Spirit is so sweet, abundant joy and perfect peace!

Just as our sweet Stephen sings, we are "soldiers of the Cross." Soldiers must fight in the battles, it is the calling of a soldier, but it is the "Captain of the Lord of Hosts" that is truly fighting for us!

I am simply obeying the Word of God to "stand still, and see the salvation of the Lord."

Thanks for your continued prayers.

Bro. John Shrader 
Zambia

2 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

He would have to sell all his grifted goodies. That wouldn't make a dent in the air fare bill, but his Daddy's Humpers ( who will foot the bill eventually), may see it as a teeny tiny tad of humility on John's part. Selling would be more beneficial than paying to haul his bookcases and garage of vehicles back home. 

Oh rufus I forgot about all the stuff!!! 

That shipping container was expensive to get over there! Upwards of $14,000 if I remember correctly. Yeah he can most definitely leave all his junk there. And totally would serve him right, too. 

1 hour ago, Gobsmacked said:

Wow! No wonder the locals think he is a rich missionary. Or at least they did before the scales fell from their eyes.

He is rich. They're living in a place where more than 60% of the population lives below the poverty line. Being able to afford to rent a four bedroom house and buy multiple cars, supposed planes, and anything his little heart desires probably places him in the top 1-5% of the country wealth wise. 

If he actually had a heart he'd be employing people to help Esther instead of spending the equivalent of the country's median annual income on a camping tent. 

ETA: Just for comparisons sake, the going rate for a full time house keeper is less than what we paid a lady to clean our house twice a month when we lived in he US. The going rate for a full time nanny is about the same as sending one kid to Parent's Morning Out one day a week would have been. Our Zambian and Zimbabwean friends complain at how much more expensive household help is where we are than it is where they're from. 

That latest post.  SMH.  Joy.  Filled with joy! Or denial.

I sincerely doubt anyone has threatened Esther or the kids.  If they have, then John should get them out of there.

1 hour ago, Gobsmacked said:

He is a very rich missionary.  Most of the other missionaries make do with second hand cars bought in country and far, far, fewer luxury goods.  John, against advice from seasoned missionaries, bought the Troopie brand new and imported it.

I just checked in on Rea for contrast and a reality check.  He's still trying to convert Muslims, has raised money to buy land for a church, and is grifting for a bigger van.  http://rea.teamzambia.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/June-2017.pdf

Also worth remembering, unlike other IFB missionaries (think Jaynee and Daniel Lockwood) John has no missions board to reign him in and pull him out when things go pear-shaped.  John got dumped by GIBM when he got dumped by Valley Baptist.  All his funding flows through Daddy's church - and Daddy Shrader is responsible.

If John is indeed being dumped as Pastor by Roderick, then he has FAILED in Kafue and cannot recover.  They can spin it all they like - I expect claims that Roderick is possessed by Satan any moment - but John doesn't have a leg to stand on.

Also, if they do liquidate all John's belongings he's not going to be able to take all that cash out of the country.  There are laws about that.

He'll need about 5 large shipping containers to hold all his ill gotten gains.  Minus the cars, plane, and electronics which won't work here.

Handia posted to Rodericks Facebook (paraphrase) that it was completely ridiculous how John called the police on Roderick & John knew exactly what he was doing, and shouldn't have acted shocked (apparently the police offered to lock Roderick up! Seriously!?!?). Telling him to stay strong. 

I wish Roderick would make his FB public.  We need both sides of the story.

And I was wrong. Jack and Charlye Price are lifting John up in prayer.  So is John Sarro.  

$20 says that the threats to his wife and kids, if actual, were along the lines of, "we will report you to immigration and your family will be deported".  If they were threats of death or violence he would have said so.

13 minutes ago, clearingthingsup said:

Handia posted to Rodericks Facebook (paraphrase) that it was completely ridiculous how John called the police on Roderick & John knew exactly what he was doing, and shouldn't have acted shocked (apparently the police offered to lock Roderick up! Seriously!?!?). Telling him to stay strong. 

Who to the what now?!?! He called the police on Roderick? I don't know why I'm surprised.  John is completely unhinged.

For people who know about getting visa as missionaries...  Do you actually have to have proof you're converting people, to stay somewhere?  To come into the UK you need a church to say you work for them, so falling out with them would mess up your visa, but what about a John-style situation, where someone basically has fathered more kids in the time he's been there than got church members now?

And what's the situation with ownership of the buildings John's church is in?  I think I remember that he can't own land/buildings on his visa - so who DOES own them? 

John is such the classic "boy who cried wolf" that I just don't believe threats are being made against his wife and kids, unless it's things being said along the lines of "You'll have to move out because I want my land back".  But imagine the grifting potential back home, when the ignorant humpers imagine John's white family threatened by the people of Zambia, who they see as something out of a Tarzan film...

27 minutes ago, subsaharanafrica said:

$20 says that the threats to his wife and kids, if actual, were along the lines of, "we will report you to immigration and your family will be deported".  If they were threats of death or violence he would have said so.

John is also a master Craftsman at deceit & hiding things he doesn't want known. When you use deception & mystery by not allowing your followers to know exactly what's going on, it gives you more control than if they knew everything. John knows that & he's cunning & manipulative. Not for one moment do I believe he is unaware of what he's doing on social media (unless he's posting in the midst of his rages, which I've seen first hand; I know his indiscretion towards his followers has likely mainly occured during these, as far as saying things that would anger or offend them. He is really a quite charming person in real life, otherwise. Definition of a narcissist.  His fits of rage are troubling, because he has a lack of respect for authority & becomes rather frightening, I have been nervous in his presence that he would start throwing punches when he got that worked up). 

7 minutes ago, Lurky said:

For people who know about getting visa as missionaries...  Do you actually have to have proof you're converting people, to stay somewhere?  

Different countries have different rules.  Zambia is more open to missionaries than many countries but expects them to be fully supported by their sending church (or legitimate mission.  They cannot take jobs away from nationals.

John has done his best to obscure how he wangled his way into Zambia, and managed to get a residency permit, but he needed:  

1. endorsement by a national pastor (I think this was Bro. Douglas) and  
  2. endorsement from an acknowledged and "approved church" mission in Zambia.

He admitted (somewhere around the original Arcade and Jolis debacle) that he had been grandfathered in through another mission.  It didn't sound right at the time.  I'd have to search to find the name of that mission.

And what's the situation with ownership of the buildings John's church is in?  I think I remember that he can't own land/buildings on his visa - so who DOES own them? 

John as a foreign national cannot buy land in his own name.  It has to be owned by the church and nationals have to be listed on the church board.  That is the way the Riggses have been doing it.   

But imagine the grifting potential back home, when the ignorant humpers imagine John's white family threatened by the people of Zambia, who they see as something out of a Tarzan film...

And how. :(

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived