IGNORED

Trump 22: Not Even Poe Could Make This Shit Up

Destiny

4 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

If he wants to talk about infrastructure per chance he should focus on his crumbling sanity.  Just did a fly by glance at WoPo seems he is making even more excuses for his remarks on Saturday.  I can't watch because I have to leave soon and if I hear his voice I might be injured by flying glass as I kick my computer.

Here's the CliffsNotes on his speech:

1. We're going to start making lots of products in the U. S., people are going to be making a lot of money, wages will be going up (but no mention if Trump goods will be made here)
  2. It's McCain's fault that the Obamacare repeal failed
  3. There were lots of non-supremacists who were in Charlottesville, who were only there to protest the removal of the Robert E. Lee statue
  4. Maybe we should remove statues of Washington and Jefferson, since both were slave owners (but not Confederates, like Lee)
  5. The press isn't talking about the violent Alt Left, who did not have a permit to be in Charlottesville

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just found this in WaPo comments

The modern Republican Party is owned by the wealthiest Americans and their corporations. Lincoln warned toward the end of his life "corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working on the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands, and the republic is destroyed." 

Prescient, much? He's describing today. I always admired Lincoln, but that admiration just shot up several notches. He saw clearly the way prejudice would be used politically by those who controlled the wealth, to give a cloak of respectability to their (so far successful) attempts to control the electorate.

Trump: gives a horrible speech

Media: Hm that was a horrible speech. 

Trump: Gives a better speech two days later

Media: that was a better speech but we still remember the first horrible speech. 

Trump: So I gave this stupid speech because I was forced to and the fake media still not happy. 

Media: Trump retweets racists.  Can he go any lower? 

Trump: Hold my beer. 

-brags about economy

-says some Nazis are nice people

-brags Heather Heyer's mom flattered him

-says It was really the lefties who killed her

-by the way you should keep the slaver monuments

I think it is time for you to practice what you preach. Start offering good jobs that pay well to Americans. Also, make sure all your products are made in America and everything you purchase is made in America. Why don't you resign and focus on doing all of the above in your businesses? 

And thank you for once again confirming you're a racist asshole.

My daughter has a facebook friend who is deaf. She watched TT's speech the other day but there was no translation for the deaf. My daughter wrote she would translate the speech. "Trump: blah blah blah blah I am the greatest, blah blah blah."er

Her friend loved it!

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/15/full-text-trump-comments-white-supremacists-alt-left-transcript-241662

Infrastructure blah blah 

you're fake news  blah blah 

TRUMP: Okay, what about the alt-left that came charging at us – excuse me – what about the alt-left that came charging at the, as you say, the alt right? Do they have any semblance of guilt?

He pretty clearly identifies with the Nazis. 

Here's a transcript of the whole debacle:

READ: President Trump's Q-and-A at Trump Tower

As it's really late here (after midnight) I don't have time to comment fully. All I can say now is: Holy Fuck, did he ever show his true colors there! 

Ok, just one more then.

Great statement.

1 hour ago, JMarie said:

Here's the CliffsNotes on his speech:

1. We're going to start making lots of products in the U. S., people are going to be making a lot of money, wages will be going up (but no mention if Trump goods will be made here)
  2. It's McCain's fault that the Obamacare repeal failed
  3. There were lots of non-supremacists who were in Charlottesville, who were only there to protest the removal of the Robert E. Lee statue
  4. Maybe we should remove statues of Washington and Jefferson, since both were slave owners (but not Confederates, like Lee)
  5. The press isn't talking about the violent Alt Left, who did not have a permit to be in Charlottesville

I can't.  I know I'm preaching to the choir, and again I find my vocabulary limited when talking about him.

1. Jobs like the not so spiffy deal for Wisconsin? Oh and do you have a plan this time to create these jobs?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/10/us/foxconn-jobs-wisconsin-walker-tax-incentives.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/07/27/foxconn-deal-would-cost-wisconsin-230700-per-worker/?utm_term=.2d97ca7471aa

2. Wtf  Trump - the ultimate buck-passer. Must have missed George Washington. Talking about personal responsibility. 

3. Wtf, so  Saturday's “Unite the Right” in Charlottesville, wasn't organized by white nationalist blogger J***** K*******? 

4. What the ever loving fuck. Ishe he really that stupid? (Redundant question, I know).

5. Fuck no, he did not say that! What the hell?

Isn't it time for this show charade to be cancelled?

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/08/15/politics/trump-charlottesville-delay/index.html

Spoiler

(CNN)President Donald Trump, in a staggering, impromptu news conference in New York on Tuesday, blamed the violence in Charlottesville, Virginia, over the weekend on both sides of the conflict -- equating the white supremacists on one side with the "alt-left" on the other side -- after his top White House aides spent days trying to clean up after Trump's initial vague response to the violence.

Heather Heyer died 'fighting for what she believed in'

The news conference laid bare his unvarnished view of who was to blame for the violence and what he thinks about the nationwide effort to remove statues of Confederate leaders. Trump's comments were the latest in what has been a jaw-dropping saga ever since the President made his first vague statement on the violence, blaming the conflicts on "many sides." The comments also made clear that Trump's speech on Monday -- which vociferously blamed the violence on the "alt-right" and neo-Nazi groups who initiated the protest -- was largely a sterilized version of his view.

"I think there is blame on both sides," Trump said during a contentious back-and-forth with reporters in the lobby of his Midtown Manhattan building.

RELATED: Heather Heyer died 'fighting for what she believed in'

"What about the 'alt-left' that came charging at, as you say, the 'alt-right,' do they have any semblance of guilt?" Trump asked. "What about the fact they came charging with clubs in hands, swinging clubs, do they have any problem? I think they do."

He added: "You had a group on one side that was bad and you had a group on the other side that was also very violent. nobody wants to say it, but I will say it right now."

On Saturday, as violence in Charlottesville played out on national television, Trump blamed "many sides" for the conflict. Though that answer was quickly panned by Democrats and Republicans alike, Trump remained silent on Sunday, leaving it to his aides to try to clean up his vague answer. Trump, after mounting pressure that was palpable inside the White House, spoke Monday condemned the white supremacists and neo-Nazis at the heart of the violence.

On Tuesday, though, Trump defended his 48-hour delay in denouncing white supremacists, arguing that he took his time because he didn't know the facts.

READ: President Trump's Q-and-A at Trump Tower

"I wanted to make sure, unlike most politicians, that what I said was correct, not make a quick statement," Trump said, calling his initial comment a "fine statement."

He added: "I don't want to go quickly and just make a statement for the sake of making a political statement."

The President subsequently called the driver of the car that drove through a crowd, killing one woman, a "murderer" then once again blamed both sides for the violence.

CNN Money: Trump says CEOs who quit his council are 'grandstanders'

"You can call it terrorism, you can call it murder. You can call it whatever you want," he said. "The driver of the car is a murderer and what he did was a horrible, horrible, inexcusable thing."

"I didn't wait long. I didn't wait long. I wanted to make sure, unlike most politicians, that what I said was correct, not make a quick statement," Trump said Tuesday. "The statement I made on Saturday, the first statement, was a fine statement, but you don't make statements that direct until you know the facts. It takes a little while to get the facts. You still don't know the facts and it is a very, very important process to me. It is a very important statement."

A senior White House official says chief of staff John Kelly and other top advisers hoped the President would turn a corner Tuesday and talk about infrastructure, but concedes they were entirely wrong.

"That was all him -- this wasn't our plan," the official said, speaking confidentially about internal deliberations.

The President has been fuming in closed-door meetings about what he sees as unfair coverage and those feelings played out on Tuesday.

Same aides gleefully watched as Trump slammed the "fake news," but Kelly stood off to the side as Trump spoke, his face stern and his arms crossed.

Removing Confederate statues

Trump also warned against nationwide attempts to remove statues to Confederate leaders, arguing that attempts to remove the statue of Robert E. Lee could lead to attempts to remove monuments honoring former Presidents George Washington and Thomas Jefferson.

"You are changing history, you are changing culture" by taking down statues to past leaders, he said.

Trump said there were some "very bad people" on both sides, but that there was some who came out to protest the removal of Robert E. Lee's statue who were "fine people."

President Donald Trump on Steve Bannon's future: 'We'll see'

"You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down, to them, of a very, very important statue and a renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name," Trump said.

Pressed by reporters, Trump raised Washington and Jefferson, arguing there could be a slippery slope.

"George Washington was a slave owner. So will George Washington lose his status? Are we going to take down statues to George Washington?" he said. "How about Thomas Jefferson, what do you think of Thomas Jefferson, do you like him? OK good. Are we going to take down the statues, because he was a major slave owner? Now are we going to take down his statue?"

He added: "You know, you really do have to ask yourself, where does it stop?"

Trump's slippery slope argument is straight out of the 'alt-right' playbook.

Corey Stewart, an 'alt-right' leader and the former Republican gubernatorial candidate turned Senate candidate in Virginia, tweeted in response to Trump on Tuesday, "They won't stop until all of American history is erased."

Touts winery in Virginia

After leaving the podium, Trump was asked whether he planned to go to Charlottesville. His response, "Does anyone know I own a house in Charlottesville?"

Trump was referring to his winery in the city.

"I mean I know a lot about Charlottesville," he said. "Charlottesville is a great place that has been very badly hurt over the last couple of days."

He added: "I own actually one of the largest wineries in the United States, it is in Charlottesville."

Just saw the asshole in chief on the evening news as he walked back his condemnation of white supremacists. David Duke and other white supremacist leaders openly thanked the TT and credited him with the boldness they now feel to propagate hate.

If TT was not such a hateful prick himself, he would tell these folks he doesn't want their thanks or endorsements. I'm going back to my bubble, can't take much more. If this country survives, it will still be worse than it was. 

There is nothing good in white supremacy. There is nothing bad in protesting that shit. Blame on both sides? Because a hateful lunatic plowed a car into human beings? I. Just. Can't. 

Is Murdoch getting tired of Trump? This is the third critical Fox video I've come across today. If you're losing Fox... 
But I'm sure Tucker and Hannity are over the moon that Trump bashed lefties and protected confederacy

1 hour ago, Penny said:

My daughter has a facebook friend who is deaf. She watched TT's speech the other day but there was no translation for the deaf. My daughter wrote she would translate the speech. "Trump: blah blah blah blah I am the greatest, blah blah blah."er

I'm great because I'm great because people say I'm great. Brown people bad.  I'm the smartest because I'm the smartest, because people say I'm the smartest. Poor people bad. I'm the best president ever because I'm the best president ever, because people say I'm the  best president ever. The KKK and alt-right people good. I'm a racist because I'm racist because people say I'm racist.

Oh and FAKE NEWS.

59 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

There is nothing good in white supremacy. There is nothing bad in protesting that shit. Blame on both sides? Because a hateful lunatic plowed a car into human beings? I. Just. Can't. 

Right.  Blame both sides for slavery, the holocaust, a black teenager stalked and shot for walking back from a 7/11 with a bag of candy. 

My husband says I've been remote and alternate between rage and deep sadness.  Well shit yea I am.

More CEOs resign, so the TT throws a tantrum. What a surprise. NOT. "Trump tweets he knows plenty of CEOs to replace the ‘grandstanders’ who resigned from his manufacturing council"

Spoiler

In a tweet Tuesday morning, President Trump said he has other chief executives ready to succeed the “grandstanders” who stepped down from his manufacturing council in the aftermath of the violent protests in Charlottesville

“For every CEO that drops out of the Manufacturing Council, I have many to take their place,” the president tweeted. “Grandstanders should not have gone on. JOBS!”

The tweet follows the high-profile departures Monday of Merck CEO Kenneth C. Frazier, Under Armour CEO Kevin Plank and Intel CEO Brian Krzanich from the president's Manufacturing Jobs Initiative, which formed in January. After Trump's tweet Tuesday, Scott Paul, the president of the nonpartisan organization Alliance for American Manufacturing, who was also a member of the council, said he would be leaving, too. “I'm resigning from the Manufacturing Jobs Initiative because it's the right thing for me to do,” Paul wrote in a tweet.

The resignations follow an outcry over Trump's initial response to the protests led by white supremacist groups that turned violent in Charlottesville over the weekend. Many critics questioned why Trump had not, in his initial response, explicitly named neo-Nazi, Ku Klux Klan or white nationalist groups in his early condemnations, criticizing the “egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides,” repeating “on many sides.”

On Monday afternoon, following pressure from activists and politicians from both parties, he did specifically name the groups in a statement given at the White House. “Racism is evil, and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans,” the president said.

On social media, the debate over whether the CEOs should remain or go from the council flared as some tweeted lists of which CEOs had and had not departed the council. Some directly appealed to corporate and CEO Twitter accounts, asking them to leave, or they shared the hashtag #QuittheCouncil, a campaign by the online civil rights organization Color for Change.

Before his Tuesday tweet, Trump had fired back at Frazier and the pharmaceutical giant twice Monday, but had not posted messages to Twitter that directly responded to the decisions by Plank or Krzanich. Less than an hour after Merck tweeted a statement from Frazier announcing his departure, Trump wrote that the pharmaceutical executive would now “have more time to LOWER RIPOFF DRUG PRICES.” Then Monday evening, he returned with another message criticizing Merck and higher drug prices.

The AFL-CIO's president, Richard Trumka, who is also a member of Trump's manufacturing council, denounced the actions of protesters in a statement Monday, saying “we are aware of the decisions by other members of the President’s Manufacturing Council, which has yet to hold any real meeting, and are assessing our role. While the AFL-CIO will remain a powerful voice for the freedoms of working people, there are real questions into the effectiveness of this council to deliver real policy that lifts working families.”

A number of other chief executives who are members of Trump's councils made statements that condemned hate, racism and violence, or called out their companies' commitment to tolerance, but said they would be remaining onboard. Companies such as General Electric, Dow Chemical, Dell and Whirlpool all said they would remain. “With more than 100,000 employees in the United States, it is important for GE to participate in the discussion on how to drive growth and productivity in the U.S.," GE Chairman Jeffrey R. Immelt said in a statement.

Those who decided to depart gave different reasons for doing so. Frazier cited a “matter of personal conscience,” noting he felt “a responsibility to take a stand against intolerance and extremism.” Under Armour's Plank, who had come under fire in the past for supportive comments about Trump's agenda made on CNBC, said on Twitter that “I am stepping down from the council to focus on inspiring & uniting through power of sport,” saying in a statement that “Under Armour engages in innovation and sports, not politics.”

Intel's Krzanich wrote that he “resigned to call attention to the serious harm our divided political climate is causing to critical issues,” saying he made the decision “because I want to make progress, while many in Washington seem more concerned with attacking anyone who disagrees with them.”

*empties purse into the FJ swear jar*

First, fuck the Nazis and anybody who makes excuses for them. I can't believe it's motherfucking 2017 and people are making excuses for Nazis! The alt-right or alt-white or whatever the hell these fuckwits are calling themselves today, should be called out by decent people everywhere.

Next, my crystal ball says team Trump will be announcing a pro-Trump rally sometime in the next seven days as Trump needs an ego boost. Please be extremely careful if you go out to protest Trump or any of his Klan rallies.

Lastly, even though some of the day crew over at Nazi News are saying negative things about Trump today, it's a safe bet that Hannity will be kissing rancid orange ass on his show tonight. 

5 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

*empties purse into the FJ swear jar

Dang it, I must owe a lot. I never knew I could get this upset on a daily basis. My daughter keeps telling me I can't watch the television and if I do, I'm not allowed to yell at it.

Maybe I should start a swear jar IRL. I'm sure I'll have enough money in it by the end of the week to pay for a nice vacation.....

15 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

More CEOs resign, so the TT throws a tantrum. What a surprise. NOT.

Very nice PR for the CEOs to resign now, they knew what they were doing from the beginning. Still it is about time the walls close in on orange shit stain.

5 minutes ago, WiseGirl said:

Maybe I should start a swear jar IRL. I'm sure I'll have enough money in it by the end of the week to pay for a nice vacation.....

I'd have to empty my bank account, rob my kid's 529 and sell my home if I kept a jar.

From the WaPo's editorial board: "The nation can only weep"

Spoiler

TUESDAY WAS a great day for David Duke and racists everywhere. The president of the United States all but declared that he has their backs.

When a white supremacist stands accused of running his car into a crowd of protesters, killing one and injuring 19, Americans of goodwill mourn and demand justice. When this is done in the context of a rally where swastikas are borne and racist and anti-Semitic epithets hurled, the only morally justifiable reaction is disgust. When the nation’s leader does not understand this, the nation can only weep.

On Saturday, after the murder of an innocent protester in Charlottesville followed marches that included armed men and Nazi salutes, President Trump’s instinct was to blame both sides. Widespread criticism followed, including the resignations of business leaders from a White House advisory council and condemnation from political leaders of both parties. On Monday, Mr. Trump read a prepared statement condemning white supremacists and racism, delivering it in a manner suggesting he neither wrote nor endorsed the words. On Tuesday, he removed any doubt: His initial reaction, putting Nazis and those protesting them on equal moral footing, is how he really feels.

“I think there’s blame on both sides. You look at — you look at both sides,” Mr. Trump said to reporters in Trump Tower, adding that there were “very fine people, on both sides.” We’ve all seen the videotape: One side was composed of Nazis, Klansmen and other avowed racists chanting “Jews will not replace us.” The other side was objecting to their racism.

Yes, there are good and moral Americans who oppose the removal of statues of Confederate generals. Yes, there are reasonable Americans who fear that slaveholding Founding Fathers will be the next target. Notwithstanding Mr. Trump’s comments Tuesday, we don’t find it difficult to distinguish between a monument to George Washington, say, and statues to Confederate generals that were erected in the 20th century with the goal of maintaining white supremacy.

There may be a time to debate such questions — but not, as any national leader with a sense of decency would understand, now. Not in a time of mourning, with the wounds so fresh. Not when Mr. Trump has not even bothered to call the family of the young woman mowed down on Saturday. Not when Americans are looking for a clear and unequivocal condemnation of the hatred that brought those 700 marchers to Charlottesville.

That car in Charlottesville did not kill or wound just the 20 bodies it struck. It damaged the nation. Mr. Trump not only failed to help the country heal, he made the wound wider and deeper.

4 minutes ago, WiseGirl said:

Dang it, I must owe a lot. I never knew I could get this upset on a daily basis. 

I'd never even used the word 'fuck' online until last fall, and now I'm routinely making the sort of comments that would get network television in trouble with the FCC. :angry-cussingblack:

6 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

I can't even can't even. 

It rained here today, which made me think of Kayleigh. Bless her heart, she's on my list of people that I think will probably die in a freak drowning accident. You know, goes outside in a rainstorm with an open mouth, and then looks up at the sky. 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived