IGNORED

Pris & TFDW 6: The Lookalike Family

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@JermajestyDuggar, those two girls do have albinism.  I don't suppose I should hope that those girls would be sent to public school so that their special visual needs would be attended to.  My granddaughter with albinism has special accommodations (e.g., monoculars, large print and so on) so she can do well in school.

I don't know if these are the same girls, but its from the same Hutterite Colony: http://www.macleans.ca/multimedia/photo/a-road-trip-across-canada/image/8/

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I don't know if these are the same girls, but its from the same Hutterite Colony: http://www.macleans.ca/multimedia/photo/a-road-trip-across-canada/image/8/

They definitely could be. That is a few years old and the girls look older now in the recent picture. 

I imagine identical twins with Albinism is quite rare.

On 7/26/2017 at 8:16 AM, Carm_88 said:

Lookalike kids for sure

Children of the corn.

I scrolled past the photo quickly and at first thought it was TFDW in both images.

On 8/6/2017 at 11:06 PM, PennySycamore said:

My daughter is buried in one of those cemeteries with bronze markers.  Her marker has a lamb with some flowers on it.  Katherine  would have turned 30 on September 8.

I remember hearing about how George and Barbara Bush had lost a daughter about the same time that Katherine died.  There were a whole bunch of presidents that had  children that died.  I can't remember them all.  I think John and Abigail Adams lost a child. as @tabitha2 mentioned the Pierces did, FDR and Eleanor did, Ronald Reagan and Jane Wyman lost a premie daughter,  and the Lincolns lost two children, Willie and Edward.  Mary Todd Lincoln outlived her husband and three children, Tad dying at the age of 18 due to pleurisy or TB.  No wonder Mrs Lincoln was mentally ill later in life.  No woman should have to go through what she did.

So sorry about your Katherine...

JFK and Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy also lost Patrick Bouvier Kennedy in August of 63.

@moreorlessnu,  I should have mentioned the Kennedy's premie.  He had the same lung disease that Katherine did.  One difference is that ventilators had not been developed in 1963; they were invented in 1968.  While Katherine did not ultimately survive (she lived 11 months), she could not have lived even a day without mechanical ventilation.

I won't go back before Coolidge, but I think Calvin and Grace Coolidge lost a child, then the Roosevelts, as I mentioned, the Eisenhowers (IIRC), the Kennedys, the Reagans and then George and Barbara Bush.  Even in the 20th century, there were a lot of Presidents and First Ladies who had lost children.

Yup. Baby Eisenhower Died of Scarlett fever he caught from his nurse and The Coolidge boy got a blister from playing Tennis on the White House court and it resulted in death by blood poisoning a week later. Also the Kennedys had a still born baby girl they named Arabella. She was their first child. 

Matching for date night! Of course! :) 

Spoiler

Paul and Phillp are super cute but I'm disappointed, still no #family! :( 

21 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

One difference is that ventilators had not been developed in 1963; they were invented in 1968.

One of my college professors was the one who pushed the effort to develop the ventilators.  He used rabbits as his "models."

On 8/10/2017 at 0:38 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

They definitely could be. That is a few years old and the girls look older now in the recent picture. 

I imagine identical twins with Albinism is quite rare.

There's another pair living in Brazil who have done some modeling:

https://www.yahoo.com/beauty/internet-obsessed-albino-twins-210901945.html

On 8/11/2017 at 2:10 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Is that a filter or is Pris's skin that flawless?

I'm hoping it's a filter because if not, I'm going to go green with jealousy! :P 

53 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I'm hoping it's a filter because if not, I'm going to go green with jealousy!  

But I can see blemishes on David's skin! So if it was a filter, wouldn't his skin look flawless too?

I am seriously jealous of her skin. 

Davia's dress is nice but is she wearing long leggings in August in Texas? Also the shoes are not what I'd choose for a toddler, there are very nice and confortable sandals. She must be sweating, poor girl.

1 hour ago, Melissa1977 said:

Davia's dress is nice but is she wearing long leggings in August in Texas? Also the shoes are not what I'd choose for a toddler, there are very nice and confortable sandals. She must be sweating, poor girl.

I had the same thought about the leggings. It is really quite disgusting how these people sexualize little girls by placing such harsh modesty standards on them. If they don't want her underpants to show while she plays, they can just let her wear a pair of shorts under her dress. Actually she is still little enough that lightweight diaper covers would fit over her panties. 

The multiple layers are wrong for so many reasons, but in the summer heat of Texas?  I agree, the poor little girl is probably sweltering. I wonder if she dislikes playing outside because of her clothing and her parents just can't understand why. If I had to dress like that to be outside in the summer, they'd have to pry my screaming writhing body off the couch to get me out there. 

1 hour ago, Melissa1977 said:

For some reason, I have a bit of a soft spot for the Wallers, though I don't get the sense that they're terribly bright.  I hope Davia is dressed that way because the church is heavily air conditioned.  I've always gotten the impression that those kids are well loved, cared for, and happy...not that I'm dismissing the possibility of it just being an impression.

6 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

So cute and so very done!

She reminds me of many pictures my family has taken of me over the years where I'm saying, "take the damned picture already." I know nobody in the pecan grove swears, so she probably substitutes the word stupid.

7 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

For some reason, I have a bit of a soft spot for the Wallers, though I don't get the sense that they're terribly bright.  I hope Davia is dressed that way because the church is heavily air conditioned.  I've always gotten the impression that those kids are well loved, cared for, and happy...not that I'm dismissing the possibility of it just being an impression.

I do too, actually. They seem to genuinely cherish and enjoy their children. David seems to be a decent and loyal husband. They certainly have made a beautiful home out of that fixer upper they bought, meaning they don't skimp when it comes to their children's well being. I'll be honest, if they were beside me on a plane I'd have a hard time being mad at them for preaching to me. I'd just change the subject and talk about their adorable kids. I think Davia and I would get along really well. 

6 hours ago, usmcmom said:

I had the same thought about the leggings. It is really quite disgusting how these people sexualize little girls by placing such harsh modesty standards on them. If they don't want her underpants to show while she plays, they can just let her wear a pair of shorts under her dress. 

Lately, I've been seeing little cotton knit shorts that can be bought to be worn with matching dresses (Primary.com sells them).  They're a great idea for littles who like to wear dresses and engage in active play.

11 hours ago, Hane said:

Lately, I've been seeing little cotton knit shorts that can be bought to be worn with matching dresses (Primary.com sells them).  They're a great idea for littles who like to wear dresses and engage in active play.

That is usually what I found for my daughter when she was little. She's twenty three now so it has been a while, but I always just went to Walmart or Family Dollar and bought the shorts in several colors. She loved to wear dresses but she also loved to climb the monkey bars and play kickball - all that good stuff. 

It seems odd to me, although I know it is their reality, that people actually dress their little girls with modesty as their first priority. Just put some clean comfy cloth on the kid and let them go have fun, already!! Imagine the time it takes to add layer after layer after layer when they dress those little girls. First the shoulder-covering shirt that must be worn under any sundress or tank top, then the dress or skirt, then the leggings. 

It reminds me of dressing my kids to go play in the snow each winter. GOOD GRIEF - the layering and the tugging and stuffing. At least that was for safety. Sometimes, I'm not sure how safe they were when I'd get them all layered up and they'd have to go potty. Heh. Or, we'd be outside for ten minutes and they'd decide it was too cold and "LET'S STAY INSIDE AND WATCH A MOVIE!"  Ack! 

Poor Davia - once those layers are on - they're staying on, heat wave or not!! 

On 8/22/2017 at 5:54 AM, Carm_88 said:

Pecans caught the eclipse. At least they wore glasses. :P 

I wonder why they didn't just get a pair for each of them instead of having to take turns? My husband picked up our 4 pairs for a dollar each at Walmart. Maybe they waited too long and had a hard time finding any?

• Jellybean locked this topic

Archived