IGNORED

Pris & TFDW 6: The Lookalike Family

Coconut Flan

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apart from the obvious snark (that's been talked to death in the past years), there's really not a lot of snarking material coming from the Pecan family. And I gotta say, that's nice. At least one semi-functioning family among the families we snark on. 

Pris and Pecan seem like they're really best friends. If their marriage works as well as it seems, then more power to them. I like that they're very sportive. None of them seems lazy either, and I applaud that. There are too many lazy bums in their circles. The children appear to have a real childhood and are well-kempt. I don't worry so much about their homeschool education. Michelle and JB both went to school and see how their homeschooling turned out. Jessa teaching her siblings in a corner in their attic. Great. Priscilla doesn't appear to us as intellectually suited for homeschooling, but we know nothing about what is going on in her head or about her ability to teach subject matters.  She seems organized and determined, which are so very important when you're turning your home into your kids' classroom. I think she could do pretty well with only one or two more kids and end up surprising us all.

16 minutes ago, JMO said:

It's Paul's birthday.  I can't believe it's been a year since dump truck pinterest fail pictures.  

That is literally the only parenting fail I can snark on about this family. I've got nothing else. Just a very pissed off and uncomfortable baby in a dirty old toy dump truck. 

Gotta admit, I lol'd a little at the coconut PECAN frosting, hopefully obtained by legal means...

Can someone fill me in what the deal is with Pecan Thieve and David Waller. I did a search through the forum and there are soooo many posts referring to it but I still have no clue [emoji23] Thanks in advance!

5 hours ago, Jaeniduggar said:

Can someone fill me in what the deal is with Pecan Thieve and David Waller. I did a search through the forum and there are soooo many posts referring to it but I still have no clue emoji23.png Thanks in advance!

The pecan incident has been discussed many times on FJ, but the best place to start might be David and Priscilla's blog, where you can read about it in David's own words.

http://davidlovespriscilla.com/2012/12/04/the-pecan-story/

David seems to want to project an image of "the perfect family", so it's interesting that the Pecan Thief story is still on the blog. I guess he needs a "we're all sinners in need of a savior" story?

22 hours ago, Pretzel said:

Pris and Pecan seem like they're really best friends. If their marriage works as well as it seems, then more power to them. I like that they're very sportive. None of them seems lazy either, and I applaud that.

Gotta second this.  What did it for me is that they did a family camping trip when the Pecan Thief had vacay.  For a week.  With a tent.  I think they stayed at a state park.  And I think there is some humor there as well re: dump truck baby.

Not sure how the pecan crop will be this year in central Texas.  There are many pecan trees in city parks and overhanging public sidewalks and you'll always see people out collecting pecans, especially in a good year. 

The story on the blog is an edited version. The first version made it clear that David thought he did no wrong and that he was pissed off at the pecan grove owner with his flip phone. 

While I"m sure David is up to his neck in covering up horrible IBLP stuff, at least he seems to take care of his kids. He even let Paul shine in the spotlight. If that had been John or Jill Rod, they would have banged loudly on the piano and sang over him. He doesn't always have to make himself the center of attention. 

19 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

The story on the blog is an edited version. The first version made it clear that David thought he did no wrong and that he was pissed off at the pecan grove owner with his flip phone. 

While I"m sure David is up to his neck in covering up horrible IBLP stuff, at least he seems to take care of his kids. He even let Paul shine in the spotlight. If that had been John or Jill Rod, they would have banged loudly on the piano and sang over him. He doesn't always have to make himself the center of attention. 

Seconding this. Back when they married, nobody would have thought that years later, he'd be the most decent among the fundie fathers we're discussing here. I have to give him some credit for leaving the (edited) story on the blog. At least that indicates some owning up to the mistake they made in thinking that taking the pecans would be an ok thing to do.

Pris and Pecan are deeply entrenched in the Gothard cult. That put aside for a second, what we can see (and I'd like to add that we have no idea what kind things we don't see) seems pretty decent to me. 

@Howl I didn't know they were on a camping trip. I can't tell from your post if you condemn or applaud that. lol I personally know many families who go camping while on vacation, even with little kids. The Pecans love the outdoors and all outdoor activities, so I can't really snark on that.  

Phillips birthday celebrations and of course, a little shout out to pecans! [emoji23]

On 10/20/2017 at 8:32 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

#neverfogetdumptruckbaby

IMG_4922.PNG

Aww, poor little guy. I feel like they need a bigger toy dump truck for the next one so he can comfortably fit. And a cute outfit that matches a dump truck theme. Phillip looks too snazzy to be working on a construction site. I hope he had a fun birthday and enjoyed his cake!

A bit OT, but I imagine the Waller kids are going to be top-echelon fundie royalty marriage prospects in 15-20 years.  Maybe a little less so if ATI is sunk by then.  Are there going to be enough other families to keep their traditions going?  Chad and Erin's kids already combine two fundie royalty families...so they obviously can't marry a Bates or a Paine.  Duggars and Kellers have mixed with the M-kids, Daniel Staddon married Kathryn Neely and they have a child, and I'm sure there are some pairings that I can't think of at the moment.

6 hours ago, Dandruff said:

Duggars and Kellers have mixed with the M-kids, Daniel Staddon married Kathryn Neely and they have a child, and I'm sure there are some pairings that I can't think of at the moment.

I think Derrick Waller married a Wilkes daughter, and they, too, have a child (son?).

David's grandfather died, which is sad. However, Davia in the last picture, makes my day! 

Sad to hear of David's grandfather. 

Is Priscilla pregnant again? Just ask, because the birthday pic with her in the red top, she has a bump.

41 minutes ago, freealljs said:

Sad to hear of David's grandfather. 

Is Priscilla pregnant again? Just ask, because the birthday pic with her in the red top, she has a bump.

Paul is in front of her but she's looking pretty tiny in that parking lot picture. 

I always thought Davia and Phillip got those cheeks and dimples from Pris but grandpa Blom seems to have them too. 

And I don't think Pris has a bump. I stick my stomach forward like that when I'm balancing a baby on my hip. 

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

However, Davia in the last picture, makes my day! 

Davia being absolutely done with everything around her brings joy to my cold, dead heart. Also, holy hell, the Waller kids are dead ringers for grandpa Blom! I thought they looked like Mike Keller, but Davia and Phillip have that Blom face 100%.

On 10/20/2017 at 8:11 AM, Pretzel said:

@Howl I didn't know they were on a camping trip. I can't tell from your post if you condemn or applaud that. lol I personally know many families who go camping while on vacation, even with little kids. The Pecans love the outdoors and all outdoor activities, so I can't really snark on that.

To clarify, applauding!  To just go hang outdoors, enjoying being with the kids -- it seemed like such a sweet thing to do. 

On 10/20/2017 at 8:32 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

#neverfogetdumptruckbaby

IMG_4922.PNG

I am sitting here laughing my head off!  You can't make this stuff up.

If I was a comedy writer I would mine these fundie blogs to no end for material.

• Jellybean locked this topic

Archived