IGNORED

Nasty-ass books & CDs need home

MamaJunebug

Ok, I've found a complete CD and study guide book for SHE SHALL BE CALLED WOMAN, an incredibly annoying and infuriating long slog of patriarchy by Victoria Botkin, as well as a hardcover of SO MUCH MORE (The Remarkable Influence Of Visionary Daughters on the Kingdom of God)* and I do not want the nasty-ass things in my nest NOR do I want to be responsible for donating them to an unsuspecting world.

I seriously do not believe I have enough words to write disclaimers, in other words.

So: to anyone whom will either house the blasted things against the day when Botkin reinvents himself and claims he never ever produced anything like that, or to anyone who wants to take responsibility for disposing of them intelligently, I will send them at my own expense.  

If no one answers by midnight Monday 24 July  - via private message, of course - with their mailing address and name, I will shred 'em all.

Theyre giving me the heebie-jeebies just knowing they're here.

Thank you.

----------------------

*[aka THE ARROGANCE! IT BURRRRRNS!!!!]

@Curious, @Destiny and all other admins - I've often wondered whether we should set up a library or "dead tree" archive for FJ, but I'm really not sure I'm the right person to house it (let alone curate it) long-term.

I do have room in my cellar or attic temporarily and will contact @MamaJunebug if no-one else has stepped up. :)

Burn them? 

I don't even have a way to play CDs and I suspect I'm not the only person with that issue. 

1 hour ago, Maggie Mae said:

I don't even have a way to play CDs and I suspect I'm not the only person with that issue. 

DVD players.
I don't have anything resembling a stereo anymore, but I still own CDs that I play through the DVD player; sound plays through the TV.

7 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

@Curious, @Destiny and all other admins - I've often wondered whether we should set up a library or "dead tree" archive for FJ, but I'm really not sure I'm the right person to house it (let alone curate it) long-term.

I do have room in my cellar or attic temporarily and will contact @MamaJunebug if no-one else has stepped up. :)

We have a winner!We have a winner!

@Palimpsest, I happily await your mailing information. Thank you!  

I still have the ability to play CDs.  And cassette tapes.  I even have a turntable!  All in one.  Mind you, the cheapo gizmo also has vinyl to MP3 recording and built-in Bluetooth!:playful2:

If you have been collecting music (some of it obscure) for years you don't want to chuck it all out when technology advances.

2 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

We have a winner!We have a winner!

@Palimpsest, I happily await your mailing information. Thank you!  

I keep hoping someone else will step up! :pb_mrgreen:  

Although I actually want to see the study guide and book.

Oh jeez, my mom has dimentia and asked me to bring her a Walkman recently. During another conversation she asked for a CD player to play her language CDs I reminded her she had one already, embarrassed that she forgot,  she saved face by telling me her CD player needed a new needle.

I used to own a copy of So Much More.

When I came to my senses several years later, I threw that dreck where it belonged - in the fucking trash.

I love books.  I adore books.  It was physically hard for me to throw a book in the trash.  But I was damned if I'd risk that shit getting into impressionable hands.

On a related note, when I told my son about DPIART after Tool-o-ween, he threw out the few things he still owned from the late 90's/early2000's that were from VF.  THAT'S MY BOY.

ETA:  I also threw what I had left of the Maxwells in the trash several years ago.  

3 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

Oh jeez, my mom has dimentia and asked me to bring her a Walkman recently. During another conversation she asked for a CD player to play her language CDs I reminded her she had one already, embarrassed that she forgot,  she saved face by telling me her CD player needed a new needle.

Aw.....that's actually kind of sweet ...?

Dementia blows, but it can have its charming bits......very few & far between, but there nonetheless.  

Hugs to both of you. <3

FJ is a good place to part with the grossest propaganda -- I passed on ATI/Pearls/Duggars books last year. (I'd just finished a rhetorical analysis for my masters' thesis -- used bookstores had most of them for less than a dollar each.)

I've got a Voddie Baucham CD from a homeschool convention awhile back. 

Unfortunately, after my dad's recent thinning of the book/dvd shelves, the WWII and Amazon Adventure videos of DPiaT are still on the shelves.  If anyone suggests ever watching them again I may have to do something drastic.

Archived