IGNORED

Maxwell 11: Anna Marie Has Conceived - Again

Coconut Flan

6 hours ago, anjulibai said:

John has lost a bunch of weight. I hope he is okay.

Yes he does.  I wonder if their "mission trip" was a cover for a medical procedure at Mayo Clinic or something and Goofy Anna and Scary Mary went with to help nurse him.

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, nausicaa said:

I was just thinking this week about how the Red Cross always has critically low blood reserves in the middle of summer and has tons of blood drives. I don't ever remember the Maxwells mentioning donating blood. All the women seem like they'd be large enough to donate, and we know if they did it they wouldn't be able to stop talking about it.

I sincerely doubt that they'd ever donate their blood, unless it was to a christian-owned freezer storage facility that kept it for just their own family's use. Why, any old apostate, homosexual, or abortionist could possibly receive their blood if they donated it to a public drive! 

Your comments reminded me of their recent "reaction" post to the letter from a reader that asked about whether they'd ever reached out to pregnant women in crisis, or whether they'd ever consider adopting the children born to women who were unable to provide for them after birth. Steve's response was all condescension and angst over the suggestion that any woman be given the opportunity to make a reproductive choice. Conspicuously missing from his response was any acknowledgement of the Maxwells' stance on adoption. (Frankly, I wonder why he even left that part in, since we all know he edits comments to suit their agenda.) I noticed the omission at the time, and felt  glee that no child born outside the family would have to live that way, mingled with sadness at the realization that they are so incredibly self-serving and clannish, they'd never even consider adopting a child in need.

16 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

And now we finally have an answer why the Maxwells visit Colorado regularly!

This family would make so much more sense if they were constantly stoned! All their weirdo craziness is their attempt of acting normal. 

2 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Yes he does.  I wonder if their "mission trip" was a cover for a medical procedure at Mayo Clinic or something and Goofy Anna and Scary Mary went with to help nurse him.

It's more likely that he picked up a GI bug or parasite on their missioncation.

11 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

whether they'd ever consider adopting the children born to women who were unable to provide for them after birth. Steve's response was all condescension and angst over the suggestion that any woman be given the opportunity to make a reproductive choice. Conspicuously missing from his response was any acknowledgement of the Maxwells' stance on adoption. (Frankly, I wonder why he even left that part in, since we all know he edits comments to suit their agenda.) I noticed the omission at the time, and felt  glee that no child born outside the family would have to live that way, mingled with sadness at the realization that they are so incredibly self-serving and clannish, they'd never even consider adopting a child in need.

Say what you will about the Duggars-- and I've said plenty-- but they did take in Tyler when he needed a home. And this was an older child with a rocky past, not a healthy baby. I believe Tyler still lives with the Duggars? I don't know, because they actually don't exploit this kid or parade him around to make themselves look good. This may be part of their legal agreement, but still, Jim Bob would find some way around it if he wanted to.

In all honesty, I don't think any adoption or foster care agency would place a child with the Maxwells. Steve and Teri's ages-- and Teri's history of depression-- would raise many red flags even before the social worker got into their weird, isolationist beliefs. (The Duggars' situation is different-- Tyler is a relative, the family is famous, and Jim Bob is politically well-connected.) The grown Maxwell sons and their wives could, in theory, become adoptive or foster parents. But again, a social worker would wonder about their weird, isolationist beliefs. Also, what do the Maxwell men actually DO to pay their bills? Would they be able to afford to adopt a child?

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 8:01 PM, albanuadh_1 said:

Just when you think the Maxwells cannot get any duller, Steve writes the blog and Dad's Corner almost verbatim!

Yup, he's down to phoning it in---

17 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Maybe Steveo interprets it to mean "green stuff" instead..... :content:

You know that the only "green stuff" that matters in Maxhell is $$$.

9 hours ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

In all honesty, I don't think any adoption or foster care agency would place a child with the Maxwells. Steve and Teri's ages-- and Teri's history of depression-- would raise many red flags even before the social worker got into their weird, isolationist beliefs. (The Duggars' situation is different-- Tyler is a relative, the family is famous, and Jim Bob is politically well-connected.) The grown Maxwell sons and their wives could, in theory, become adoptive or foster parents. But again, a social worker would wonder about their weird, isolationist beliefs. Also, what do the Maxwell men actually DO to pay their bills? Would they be able to afford to adopt a child?

I would think the same, but I've learned here in FJ that families much more horrible than Maxwells have adopted several kids.

Maxwell children may not have a great incoming but have confortable homes and can offer stability. Yes it's such a controlling, isolating life (and maybe harsh training, but no evidence of that) and no kid deserves that life. But considering the kind of families that are allowed to adopt on Christian agencies, Maxwells would be able too. 

2 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Maxwell children may not have a great incoming but have confortable homes and can offer stability. Yes it's such a controlling, isolating life (and maybe harsh training, but no evidence of that) and no kid deserves that life. But considering the kind of families that are allowed to adopt on Christian agencies, Maxwells would be able to. 

I think so too. Especially because I don't think they use physical punishments on their kids the same way a lot of "Christian" families do, but appear to have well behaved children. They're also comparatively wealthy, or at least look it, with their spotless homes, new clothes, cars and regular travel. Steve is a "pastor", they minister to the elderly and do overseas "missions work". They look like model Christians.

I honestly don't think the married sons would have any trouble adopting - and it would be a non-issue for the girls as they wouldn't even try, not while they're under Steve's protection anyway.

12 hours ago, MakeitSew said:

I too thought the face painting was very well done. Also, Sarah looks very pretty. I wish someone would come rescue her! It's so sad to see her years slipping by and nothing changing. 

I wonder if the M's get permission to post photos on their blog of anyone outside of their family. Or do they just take pictures and post away? My own kids attended an informal day camp this past week and I had to sign waivers allowing photos of them to both be taken by the host and then used on social media. I was happy that the adults in charge asked permission. I know if I were a rando in the greater Maxwellian area, I'd not want to end up in a photo on their (very public) blog. 

I doubt that they would bother with waivers or asking permission.

17 hours ago, sparkles said:

Do the cards you hand out for face painting (which is quite well done by the way, so kudos to Mary) and balloon animals also let the kids know that there are strings attached? That they'll be handed tracts and spoken to about Jesus? Do you speak to their parents first before approaching them? (Nothing you've ever posted about the fair indicates you do.) If I were a parent and someone approached my CHILD without my permission and then attempted to engage that child in a conversation of a religious nature, without regard for his or her family's personal beliefs, I'd be furious and would be reporting the encounter to the fair administrators faster than you can blink. Even if you know you're in friendly territory and even if the parents don't object after the fact, to approach a child without asking the parents first is the height of arrogance and clearly oversteps your bounds. I'd ask how you would feel in a similar situation, but of course, you'd never have allowed your children to attend a fair like this one or any other public event of this nature.

Excellent comment!

And yeah, I do wonder what the Maxwell clan would do if a Muslim family or a Jewish Lubavitcher family decided to set up a competing booth and tried to tell Joshua, Abby, or Bethany about how the Quran or the Torah is the ultimate truth and they must convert. And I think it would be really funny if a bunch of other religious families from different faiths all set up their own competing booths. Play cornhole and learn about the Eightfold Path! Get your hair spray-dyed while hearing about the wisdom of Lord Ganesha! Get some cotton candy with a few excerpts from the Talmud!

I don't think any of the Maxwell kids would be able to adopt. Not only because of what was stated above but also isn't Steve against adoption. 

14 hours ago, MakeitSew said:

I wonder if the M's get permission to post photos on their blog of anyone outside of their family. Or do they just take pictures and post away?

I doubt they ask for waivers.  A photo including the back of my head appeared on their blog a few years ago.  They did not ask for my permission.  I suppose they could have asked for waivers at the end of day but we only attended the first morning session of the conference.

I toyed with the idea of asking Steve to take the photo down just to poke him but never followed through.  :laughing-jumpingpurple:

Sparkles's comment is not on the blog.  Quelle surprise!

I don't remember Steve ever commenting on adoption at all.

They would never ask permission for anything. They think they are better then everyone and the rules don't apply to them. 

Mary's face painting really is cute, much better than we get here. It's a shame she and Anna can't run a little side business as it's the sort of thing I would have paid for when my kids were little and had parties. That, or just let her put her creativity to good use, an online craft business or something, so she doesn't have to mix with the heathens.

1 minute ago, Darwinesque said:

Mary's face painting really is cute, much better than we get here. It's a shame she and Anna can't run a little side business as it's the sort of thing I would have paid for when my kids were little and had parties. That, or just let her put her creativity to good use, an online craft business or something, so she doesn't have to mix with the heathens.

Exactly.  Just think of all of the school and church festivals that are held each year - my kids' old elementary school had both a fall and a spring festival, and they always hired a face painter to be there, and the kids would have to pay a small amount for each face paint as well.  They are obviously talented at it, so they could make a tidy amount just working at weekend festivals.  They could make a sisters business out of it.

I agree that Mary and Anna are very talented in face painting. Steve would never allow them to make a business out of this. 

Kind of sad that the Kansas City Royals was popular choice and none of the Maxwells are allowed to attend the games. 

3 hours ago, Markie said:

Kind of sad that the Kansas City Royals was popular choice and none of the Maxwells are allowed to attend the games. 

I remember seeing on Grace Mahers FB page some of the Lagers went to a KC Royals game.  I thought it was sad Wonder Woman Melanie and her kids couldn't join them.

On 7/28/2017 at 2:44 PM, anjulibai said:

John has lost a bunch of weight. I hope he is okay.

I sincerely hope this isn't the reason for the recent "do things together while you have the time" themed activities/blogs. 

Anna and Mary are quite talented but ugh, I can't even imagine going to a fair and being proselytized at. If my kids were exposed to that you bet I'd shut them down quickly. Also, seriously Maxwell's can we do some other things than your stupid fair. It's literally the same year by year just people get older. 

26 minutes ago, Justmurrayed said:

Anna and Mary are quite talented but ugh, I can't even imagine going to a fair and being proselytized at. If my kids were exposed to that you bet I'd shut them down quickly. Also, seriously Maxwell's can we do some other things than your stupid fair. It's literally the same year by year just people get older. 

At my state's now-defunct fair, there always used to be some right-to-life group with little plastic fetuses on display. Makes the Maxwells (even with the clown costume) seem tame.

25 minutes ago, Justmurrayed said:

Anna and Mary are quite talented but ugh, I can't even imagine going to a fair and being proselytized at. 

It's awful to lure kids to you with balloons and face painting while having an ulterior motive. And I agree so much with the poster who said imagine if it was the Maxwell nieces and nephews being approached by other religions. Heck even just different versions of christianity. Steve and crew would be livid. Makes no sense. 

2 hours ago, Closed Womb said:

I sincerely hope this isn't the reason for the recent "do things together while you have the time" themed activities/blogs. 

Before these photos were posted I had a dream where John was in the hospital and I was a nurse (thinking about nursing school) and when his family went home or wasn't around we talked about life goals and he was slowly coming out of the brainwashing. Strange...

32 minutes ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

At my state's now-defunct fair, there always used to be some right-to-life group with little plastic fetuses on display. Makes the Maxwells (even with the clown costume) seem tame.

That's crazy! I mean I've definitely been to fairs where there are religious things but they don't lure kids/people in with face painting and balloon animals, there's something SO wrong about that. 

7 hours ago, Justmurrayed said:

I've definitely been to fairs where there are religious things but they don't lure kids/people in with face painting and balloon animals, there's something SO wrong about that. 

It is wrong and sadly, the maxwells think they are being nice and pat themselves on the back for it. Then they plan out how to attract more kids next year. I hope they are asked not to return someday but I doubt it. In their part of the country this hey-you're-a-cute-kid-who-will-burn-if-you-don't-pray-to-jesus-and-get-swimming-pool-baptized-do-you-want-a-dog-balloon-behavior may not be seen as offensive. I'm not from that area so I don't know. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived