IGNORED

Maxwell 11: Anna Marie Has Conceived - Again

Coconut Flan

It is entirely possible Sarah doesn't know the word mildew. Where would she pick it up? The Maxwells are much more isolated than a lot of fundies that I can see their language skills being somewhat stunted. They don't seem to really have an opportunity to learn new words. 

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, socalrules said:

It is entirely possible Sarah doesn't know the word mildew. Where would she pick it up?

She should know it.  There are 5 times mildew is mentioned in the Bible! :my_dodgy:

Yes, I cheated. https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Mildew/

18 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

If I was at a fair with my little kids and a clown came up and tried to hand them something, I'd get between them so fast the clown's head would spin and inform them that if they touch my child they will be leaving with one less body part - my choice.

Clowns are fucking evil.

I like clowns, but if I saw Lolly, I would head for the hills, lol!

4 hours ago, socalrules said:

It is entirely possible Sarah doesn't know the word mildew. Where would she pick it up? The Maxwells are much more isolated than a lot of fundies that I can see their language skills being somewhat stunted. They don't seem to really have an opportunity to learn new words. 

Poor Sarah didn't know what the hell mulch was for.  A commenter had to explain it to her.

In my dreams NORML sets up a booth and gives out "samples" (for the adults only) right next to Lolly.

Too bad weed is illegal in Kansas. It isn't in Colorado though. Not familiar with hiking life/rules etc - are there likely to be a number of weed smokers in the mountains? Would the Maxkids even recognise weed/the smell etc? I'm guessing Steve might and would use the occasion of a passing smoker as an opportunity to lecture about the evils of the world, but I'm guessing the Maxkids wouldn't recognise a blunt even if it danced in front of them reciting the Ten Commandments. 

The Maxwells need some fun, even if Nolly the Fucking Clown is not coming out:

maxwell.JPG

10 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Too bad weed is illegal in Kansas. It isn't in Colorado though. Not familiar with hiking life/rules etc - are there likely to be a number of weed smokers in the mountains? Would the Maxkids even recognise weed/the smell etc? I'm guessing Steve might and would use the occasion of a passing smoker as an opportunity to lecture about the evils of the world, but I'm guessing the Maxkids wouldn't recognise a blunt even if it danced in front of them reciting the Ten Commandments. 

Well, the Bible does talk an awful lot about getting stoned.

Funny story time: when I was a kid, my parents let me listen to/watch a lot of 70s SNL and Cheech & Chong because they love that style of comedy. So by the time I was 8, the combination of 70s comedy and DARE made me well aware of a lot of drug slang. That year, my parents took me to the adult Yom Kippur service for the first time (before then, I'd go to the children's service, which was shorter and a lot less doom and gloom). During the service, there's a bit that goes "On Rosh Hashanah it is written, on Yom Kippur it is sealed: who shall live and who shall die...who by sword and who by beast...who by strangling and who by stoning". At that bit I tugged on my dad's sleeve and whispered "Daddy, does that mean God will make you smoke marijuana until you die?"

That was how I learned that stoning is when you throw rocks at someone until they die, but to this day I love the image of God commanding His children to spark up that dank kush that they may join the Kingdom of Heaven.

10 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Too bad weed is illegal in Kansas. It isn't in Colorado though.

And now we finally have an answer why the Maxwells visit Colorado regularly!

A new post is up. They went to the fair and harrassed more people in the disguise of face painting and balloon animals. Gotta admit Mary and Reversal Anna are pretty good. Love that cow balloon! Interesting that they offer KC Royals logo at face painting. We know how Steve feels about organized sports (and most likely professional sports, too).

Chris has those freaky intense Maxwell eyes in one photo. I don't know exactly why but he always manages to creep me... And Steve, if you sweat like that then maybe you should reconsider your attire in the humid and hot Kansas summer weather.

Thank the LORD that Lolly the Fucking Clown was nowhere to be seen. She has made her appearance only once in the past, so maybe she wasn't such a huge hit like they let us understand.

17 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

She should know it.  There are 5 times mildew is mentioned in the Bible! :my_dodgy:

Yes, I cheated. https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Mildew/

Sarah doesn't seem like the type of person to look something up if she didn't know what it was. Any curiosity she had was beaten out of her decades ago :(

I wonder what Chris's kids think when they see all these kids having fun and they have to stay by dad and listen to sermons all day? Aside from the face painting and balloon photos, everyone looks unhappy (fake smiles), probably because they realized what was happening. Poor Joshua just looks so miserable. 

4 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

Gotta admit Mary and Reversal Anna are pretty good. Love that cow balloon! Interesting that they offer KC Royals logo at face painting. We know how Steve feels about organized sports (and most likely professional sports, too)..

I agree that Mary and Reversal Anna are very good at face painting as well as the balloon animals.

I was surprised about Kansas City Royals logo too.  Steve has complained previously about dads who watch sports on the weekend.  I'm also wondering if the Maxwells would have to get permission from the team to use the logo?

Another thing I'm surprised about is Christopher bringing Joshua.  When they first started this "ministry" way back when (I've been reading their blog for a long time!)  only Nathan, Christopher and Sarah and Steve came.  Steve and Teri said they didn't want the younger kids seeing all the evil stuff at the fair.

Poor Josh was probably dying to go on some rides or win a stuffed animal. 

On 7/26/2017 at 9:27 PM, socalrules said:

Why don't they use their cleaning skills and help out elderly neighbors? Rake their leaves or weed the garden. For such Godly people they don't seem to do much for anyone other than themselves. If they were being charitable to others we would know because they post about everything other than how many times they go to the bathroom. 

I think about this all the time and it drives me crazy. Seven able bodied, unemployed adults in a house and they do nothing significant to help their community or the larger world. 

I was just thinking this week about how the Red Cross always has critically low blood reserves in the middle of summer and has tons of blood drives. I don't ever remember the Maxwells mentioning donating blood. All the women seem like they'd be large enough to donate, and we know if they did it they wouldn't be able to stop talking about it.

1 hour ago, kpmom said:

Another thing I'm surprised about is Christopher bringing Joshua.  When they first started this "ministry" way back when (I've been reading their blog for a long time!)  only Nathan, Christopher and Sarah and Steve came.  Steve and Teri said they didn't want the younger kids seeing all the evil stuff at the fair.

Poor Josh was probably dying to go on some rides or win a stuffed animal. 

Because evil things are everywhere at a fair for children "rolls eyes" poor kid. 

No Jesse in the fair pictures. Shall we start taking bets on a wedding date? I'm thinking late Sept- early Oct.

On 7/26/2017 at 9:27 PM, socalrules said:

Why don't they use their cleaning skills and help out elderly neighbors? Rake their leaves or weed the garden. For such Godly people they don't seem to do much for anyone other than themselves. If they were being charitable to others we would know because they post about everything other than how many times they go to the bathroom. 

In the Moody books, the characters do spend a lot of time helping out elderly neighbors. In fact, those neighbors are the only outsiders the Moodys interact with! Since the Moodys are based on the real-life Maxwells, they probably do help their neighbors. Or rather, they did at one time, when Sarah, Nathan, and Christopher were kids. Anyone who was "elderly" back then probably isn't around anymore. Perhaps their neighborhood has changed since then?

Maybe they just put up with the KC Royals thing because it gives them an opportunity to talk about Jeebus and it'd be awkward for them to refuse. 

So I commented on the fair post. I'll be surprised if it sees the light of day, but Steve did post my less than complimentary comment about their protest at the abortion clinic, so you never know.

Do the cards you hand out for face painting (which is quite well done by the way, so kudos to Mary) and balloon animals also let the kids know that there are strings attached? That they'll be handed tracts and spoken to about Jesus? Do you speak to their parents first before approaching them? (Nothing you've ever posted about the fair indicates you do.) If I were a parent and someone approached my CHILD without my permission and then attempted to engage that child in a conversation of a religious nature, without regard for his or her family's personal beliefs, I'd be furious and would be reporting the encounter to the fair administrators faster than you can blink. Even if you know you're in friendly territory and even if the parents don't object after the fact, to approach a child without asking the parents first is the height of arrogance and clearly oversteps your bounds. I'd ask how you would feel in a similar situation, but of course, you'd never have allowed your children to attend a fair like this one or any other public event of this nature.

2 minutes ago, sparkles said:

So I commented on the fair post. I'll be surprised if it sees the light of day, but Steve did post my less than complimentary comment about their protest at the abortion clinic, so you never know.

:bow-blue: Brilliant comment! I would love to see their response, Probably not gonna happen, though.

I too thought the face painting was very well done. Also, Sarah looks very pretty. I wish someone would come rescue her! It's so sad to see her years slipping by and nothing changing. 

I wonder if the M's get permission to post photos on their blog of anyone outside of their family. Or do they just take pictures and post away? My own kids attended an informal day camp this past week and I had to sign waivers allowing photos of them to both be taken by the host and then used on social media. I was happy that the adults in charge asked permission. I know if I were a rando in the greater Maxwellian area, I'd not want to end up in a photo on their (very public) blog. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived