IGNORED

Maxwell 11: Anna Marie Has Conceived - Again

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, terranova said:

Whatever they are eating in Colorado? It's hardly food, let alone worthy of either a birthday celebration or climbing a hill.

It looks like something you'd throw together when you have no food in the fridge, or if you're too hungover to do anything more than throw some eggs and bacon on a pan... I don't know *anything* about that myself!! ;p

I remember when a cultural group I was a part of went to a cabin for a few days. We planned meal ideas, since we had to do grocery shopping beforehand, but it ended up being a lot better than what the Maxwells (who are supposed to be planning geniuses) are showcasing on their blog. We had stuff like tortillas, which are a Maxwell favourite, but we had lots of different vegetables to choose from as well as meat. Don't like onions? Just don't put them in your wrap. Vegetarian? No problem. I think there was even a bar or two of vegan chocolate for the smores.

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tortillas are great! I love mine with jalapenos and sour cream and stuff like shredded pork or chicken. Their meals look like prison food, or hospital food. Bland, boring and cheaply made.

3 hours ago, nomoxian said:

It looks like something you'd throw together when you have no food in the fridge, or if you're too hungover to do anything more than throw some eggs and bacon on a pan... I don't know *anything* about that myself!! ;)

It looks like canned biscuits and scrambled eggs, takes all of 10-15 minutes depending on if you preheated the oven. That's nothing special at all, that's an I'm in a hurry breakfast, nothing worth posting, but good snark material. The kids cook better than "dad and mom"

I would love that vacation. The cabin looks perfect, the scenery gorgeous, and the hikes amazing. I wouldn't even mind doing it with my family: we'd have a lot of fun, and I'd also have a lot of fun doing it with friends.

However, the food would be far better, I'd be hiking in proper gear (no denim skirts!) and, most importantly, I'd have the choice to go, to participate, to do my own thing.

I do have to say that I'm glad the Maxwells were smart enough to wear PFDs in the boats, especially when they dumped. Wet exits are a very good skill to practice, and cold and denim and skirts in water are bad combinations without the help of the PFD.

9 hours ago, terranova said:

Tortillas are great! I love mine with jalapenos and sour cream and stuff like shredded pork or chicken. Their meals look like prison food, or hospital food. Bland, boring and cheaply made.

I'm Italian.  You don't even want to know what our outings and vacations look like when it comes to food. 

Sarah's writing is getting worse.  Her latest blog post is a train wreck.  Elementary school children couldn't get away with passing that in.  The teacher would make them do it over or give them a failing grade. 

I noticed that the original Maxwell family summary is missing from the FJ archive... wonder why? Anyway, I have (ha ha ha) decided to do my own. Because I am that fucking bored. The original is available on @SPHASH's blog. I figured that many FJers would have some knowledge of the Maxwells but thought it could be a good idea to have a basic summary, a little bit like the amazing cheat sheets as done by VelociRapture for the Bateses and Duggars. I've said "basic summary" but it's currently three-and-a-half pages and I am not finished yet. 

It’s also a fun past time to keep track of hikers who are ahead of us on the trail, and see what progress they’re making, or to chat with them in passing.

I believe the correct word is pastime Sarah. 

I have it figured out, Steve knew the eclipse is coming because he does read the news.  But no one else does, they get up on the mountain, SUDDENLY strange things are happening, the sky is darkening, the SUN is going dark.  Steve tells them that someone obvious is not as good a believer as they profess  to be.  We must all repent and pray for our salvation, with everyone frantically crying and wailing and saying they believe........then just as SUDDENLY, the darkness clears  - it's another miracle from Jesus and a lesson that we have to be even more intense with our prayer and bible reading.  Just another way to scare the crap out of the family who probably already live in fear.    

10 hours ago, Jigsaw3 said:

I would love that vacation. The cabin looks perfect, the scenery gorgeous, and the hikes amazing. I wouldn't even mind doing it with my family: we'd have a lot of fun, and I'd also have a lot of fun doing it with friends.

However, the food would be far better, I'd be hiking in proper gear (no denim skirts!) and, most importantly, I'd have the choice to go, to participate, to do my own thing.

I do have to say that I'm glad the Maxwells were smart enough to wear PFDs in the boats, especially when they dumped. Wet exits are a very good skill to practice, and cold and denim and skirts in water are bad combinations without the help of the PFD.

I'd totally be down for a few days in a cabin in the mountains. It sounds like the sort of vacation I'd do with my friends: haul up a buttload of food and booze (I love to cook, one of my friends makes fantastic cocktails, another friend is really into craft beer), spend all day hiking (in proper gear), come back and eat and drink and relax, dunk each other on the pond (in bikinis), and make smores on the campfire. Sounds like bliss. We might even make burritos. With flavor. Tons of it. And potentially dare each other to drink hot sauce.

38 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I'd totally be down for a few days in a cabin in the mountains. It sounds like the sort of vacation I'd do with my friends: haul up a buttload of food and booze (I love to cook, one of my friends makes fantastic cocktails, another friend is really into craft beer), spend all day hiking (in proper gear), come back and eat and drink and relax, dunk each other on the pond (in bikinis), and make smores on the campfire. Sounds like bliss. We might even make burritos. With flavor. Tons of it. And potentially dare each other to drink hot sauce.

Sounds like my camping trips minus the dunking in ponds.

I finished my summary. I'm kind of concerned about missing bits out or not explaining things well enough, so I'm sure someone could add bits if necessary. It's around five pages long, although would probably be shorter if I'd skipped the Maxwell-inspired user titles section (they've inspired LOADS). 

On 24/08/2017 at 6:26 AM, mango_fandango said:

"This is not an ordinary pond. We’re talking cold."

In Maxhell, cold ponds are extraordinary!

I have actually remembered something else I can stick in. 

What should I do about making it visible to FJers? I could break it down into chunks and post them bit by bit on my blog, then link the blog here. If anyone wanted to make suggestions/remind me of anything you can then comment on it.

eta: whoops, have actually found the old summary under the Resources tab. It is from 2012 though and new babies have been born since then, and various things have started/ended so I figure it needs an update.

10 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

I have actually remembered something else I can stick in. 

What should I do about making it visible to FJers? I could break it down into chunks and post them bit by bit on my blog, then link the blog here. If anyone wanted to make suggestions/remind me of anything you can then comment on it.

@mango_fandango contact an Admin.  @Curious seems to be the one on duty at the moment.  They can set you up with a pinned thread in this section that we can comment on as with @VelociRapture's Duggar and Bates summaries.  It would be great to have it in this section for new readers not hidden away in the blog section.

And thanks for doing this!

@Curious I noticed that some of the other summaries have gone missing - I forget which ones I was looking for.  Is it because they were really out of date.  I know the one I did on Meredith Alexander needs updating.

OK yeah contacting an admin does seem to be the way to go. Thing is, the word document is five pages. It'll need to be broken down somehow.

All these hikes and walks and no one (especially the women) seems to be wearing hats.  Are they not concerned about sun damage?! I realize they want pictures of faces, but I can't see any evidence of hats being carried either. Couldn't resist the passive voice there. 

I mean, sun damage and even skin cancer......seriously.....  It's gonna happen no matter how godly you are. 

I know some have said they can't believe the Maxwells left Leavenworth before the eclipse as it was in the totality (or really close) area, but I'm actually pretty jealous of viewing it from the top of a mountain. 

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 6:26 PM, Lady Grass Lake said:

I have it figured out, Steve knew the eclipse is coming because he does read the news.    

Apparently Christopher gave them the viewing glasses. So clearly he knew. 

I went to a wedding tonight, and they had an appetizer bar where we could have all the animal crackers we wanted. And I'm pretty sure none of us will go to hell for eating them. 

IMG_1362.JPG

How in the world does it come up in normal waiter/diner conversation that one is a believer?  Oh, never mind. I think I just answered my own question. Regardless of my spiritual life, I would not appreciate total strangers quizzing me on my belief system. Christianity isn't like some super secret handshake we use to determine who gets to climb the treehouse ladder. And, frankly, I can't imagine the Maxwells would be thrilled to learn their waiter was a Muslim or a Buddhist or a Jew. If you might not like the answer, don't ask the question. 

Sometimes I like to think the Maxwells are alien visitors trying to understand life on earth. They report their findings on their blog back to their bosses on their home pllanet: how a steak restaurant works, how to get organized using a time table, how to cut lettuce with a pizza cutter, etc..

e.g. "Eating is essential to keep the energy going! " yes Sarah! humans need food! 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived