IGNORED

Scaramucci, Scaramucci, can you do the Drumfdango?

fraurosena

Anthony Scaramucci has been appointed the new WH Communications Director, so I thought a new thread would be appropriate.

Trump picks financier Scaramucci to head White House communications: official

Scaramucci is quite the controversial character. He's been rejected for a WH office before because of ethical conflicts, but these don't seem to be a problem for this position.
Sean Spicer has resigned over his appointment, which apparently wasn't run by Bannon (who reportedly is fuming) and Rancid Penis hates his guts.

So, just another day in the office of the WH, as usual.

Edited by fraurosena
  • Upvote 11

This title though!!

Also I find it rich that this was spicey's final straw because as we all know this entire presidency is one big hot mess of a unethical shitstorm.

• Upvote 17

Great thread title! I'm sure he'll be another sycophant that the TT will chew up and spit out.

• Upvote 6

Annnndddd, we're off to a good start! The dirt's already being dug up, and it's glorious. :pb_lol:

Here’s the new WH comms director talking about what a shitty president Trump would be

Before new White House communications director Anthony “The Mooch” Scaramucci was making the cable news rounds shilling for President Trump, he was one of Trump’s biggest detractors. In response to a remark Trump made about the uselessness of “hedge fund guys,” The Mooch, a “hedge fund guy” himself, shot back at the then-presidential candidate during a 2015 Fox Business appearance.

“He’s a hack politician,” Scaramucci said. “He’s probably going to make Elizabeth Warren his vice presidential nominee with comments like that. It’s anti-American.”

The Mooch was just getting warmed up.

“I’ll tell you who he’s gonna be president of, and you can tell Donald I said this, the Queens County bullies’ association,” said Scaramucci. “I don’t like the way he talks about women. I don’t like the way he talks about Megyn Kelly… You’re an inherited money dude from Queens County, bring it, Donald.”

Perhaps it was performances like these that made Spicer leave in a huff rather than endure the Mooch as his new boss.

Oh, what a difference almost two years makes.

There's a separate video linked in the article.

• Upvote 8

So I'm not the only one who was singing that song this am.

• Upvote 9

Uh-oh, he's already spittin' out the party line on TV. "No, we're already on the right track!" He's said he loves the president at least 6 times in the last 5 minutes. Talks a lot about himself, sounds like he follows Trump's cult of self-love.

Sorry, he literally looks like a mob boss. :tw_fearful:

• Upvote 8

LOL @ the title. Well played Madam!

Holy fuck, this guy. WHAT THE FUCK AM I WATCHING??????

• Upvote 13

3 minutes ago, Destiny said:

LOL @ the title. Well played Madam!

Holy fuck, this guy. WHAT THE FUCK AM I WATCHING??????

Name-dropper, to boot. This guy is slimy. It's oddly like he thinks he can convince these reporters that up is down now. BIGLY view of himself.

• Upvote 8

2 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Uh, you are here to serve US motherfucker. YUCK!

Hmmm, suddenly the White House is a big love fest! They all love each other! More "me, me, me, who I know, Sarah, Sarah, Sarah(WTF)" Used car salesman. Trying to sell a broken-down clunker.

• Upvote 5

What the ever loving fuck? Just when you think it can't get worse or stupider it does.  Is it just me or does the WH seems to have more turn over than a telemarketing call center? 

• Upvote 14

Well... The Don did come out of the Reality Show world, so someone needs to leave the show every week. He wouldn't know what to do if he had to work with the same cast of characters for a few years, except for his three oldest children.

• Upvote 14

Apparently "transparency" means deleting your tweets so no one can see them. Riiiiiight....

• Upvote 9

18 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Apparently "transparency" means deleting your tweets so no one can see them. Riiiiiight....

Yep, morals don't matter, what's right and wrong don't matter, hypocrisy doesn't matter, the truth doesn't matter. All that matters is that I am a servant of DJT. Finally got my foot in the door.

He fits to a T! I love that while he's saying that the past doesn't matter, Kellyanne's screaming about Mueller's past.

• Upvote 17

1 hour ago, fraurosena said:

When will they get that the internet is forever? If this is "transparency" then Richard Millhouse Nixon was transparent for 18 and a half minutes. I mean bigly transparent. Most transparent ever.

• Upvote 5

Whoops! Now we know why he fits in so well.

There is no end to the Russian connections.:kitty-shifty:

• Upvote 12

"Anthony Scaramucci reportedly refers to Sean Spicer as Melissa McCarthy"

Spoiler

New White House communications director Anthony Scaramucci referred to former press secretary Sean Spicer as Melissa McCarthy to people within the White House, The Wall Street Journal reported on Friday.

The Journal's report cited several Trump administration officials in its claim. McCarthy gained wide critical acclaim for her portrayal of Spicer on NBC's "Saturday Night Live," during which she frequently spoofed his most noteworthy moments behind the podium during press briefings.

Spicer resigned from his position on Friday, and media reports indicated that he did so in protest of President Donald Trump's decision to hire Scaramucci as communications director.

But Scaramucci said on Friday that he would "love to have Sean [Spicer] here. Sean decided that he thought it would be better to go."

He added: "I'm used to dealing with friction," and said that he did not have any personal negativity towards Spicer or chief of staff Reince Priebus, who was also reportedly opposed to Scaramucci's hiring.

Maybe Melissa will appear as "Mooch" when SNL returns.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

That would be perfect.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

"Anthony Scaramucci reportedly refers to Sean Spicer as Melissa McCarthy"

Hide contents

New White House communications director Anthony Scaramucci referred to former press secretary Sean Spicer as Melissa McCarthy to people within the White House, The Wall Street Journal reported on Friday.

The Journal's report cited several Trump administration officials in its claim. McCarthy gained wide critical acclaim for her portrayal of Spicer on NBC's "Saturday Night Live," during which she frequently spoofed his most noteworthy moments behind the podium during press briefings.

Spicer resigned from his position on Friday, and media reports indicated that he did so in protest of President Donald Trump's decision to hire Scaramucci as communications director.

But Scaramucci said on Friday that he would "love to have Sean [Spicer] here. Sean decided that he thought it would be better to go."

He added: "I'm used to dealing with friction," and said that he did not have any personal negativity towards Spicer or chief of staff Reince Priebus, who was also reportedly opposed to Scaramucci's hiring.

I suspect Moochie's the kind of boss who likes to have minions around to harass and mock. Spicy is smart to get out.

• Upvote 3

Yeah, talk to the "little lady" about hair and makeup. Sigh. "Anthony Scaramucci to Sarah Sanders: ‘I’d like to continue to use the hair and makeup person’"

Spoiler

Anthony Scaramucci had nothing but glowing praise for new White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders when he made the rounds on morning shows on Sunday.

“I think Sarah does a great job. She's an incredibly warm person. She's incredibly authentic,” the new White House communications director told Jake Tapper on CNN's “State of the Union,” even adding that he's letting Sanders take the bigger office while he settles on a smaller one because she has the tough job of taking hits from the press.

Then, at the end of the lengthy and, at times, heated interview, Scaramucci said there's only one thing he's asking of Sanders.

“Sarah, if you're watching,” he said. “I love the hair and makeup person that we had on Friday, so I'd like to continue to use the hair and makeup person.”

Friday was Scaramucci's White House news briefing debut, when he announced that Sanders is taking over the press secretary job just hours after he started his.

It's unclear whether Scaramucci was referring specifically to the person who does Sanders's hair and makeup, or more generally to whoever does that job for White House staffers who appear on camera, including himself. But some immediately took issue with Scaramucci's comments, saying they implied that Sanders's physical appearance is related to how well she does at her highly public job.

Scaramucci later clarified his statement, saying he was referring to his look and not Sanders's.

Sanders said in an email to The Washington Post that Scaramucci was complimenting the makeup artist for doing a good job.

“Nothing else should be read into it,” she said.

Scaramucci spent nearly three decades on Wall Street and earned the nickname “The Mooch.” Like President Trump, he came from New York and has built a reputation as a salesman.

Sanders ascended to the press secretary role after Sean Spicer abruptly resigned Friday. The Washington Post reported that Spicer's resignation was in protest of Scaramucci's installation as the new communications director, as Trump overhauled his press team. The Wall Street financier would've been Spicer's superior.

The interview, which also touched on Scaramucci's deleted tweets, meandered to Sanders after Tapper asked about on-camera news briefings. The White House has, on several occasions, banned television cameras and audio broadcasts of the briefings. Friday was the first on-camera briefing in weeks.

“If you're asking me for my personal opinion, and maybe the president will be upset with me for giving my personal opinion, we should put the cameras on. There's no problem. I don't think we need to have the cameras off,” Scaramucci said, cautioning that whether that happens is ultimately up to Trump.

Tapper also asked whether Scaramucci will make regular appearances at the podium. Scaramucci said that's Sanders's job and that she's “phenomenal” at it. As deputy press secretary, Sanders has taken over the podium in the past weeks as Spicer took on a less visible role.

“I want to do everything I can to make her better at that podium … Like every athlete that's training for the Olympics, every day we got to make ourselves incrementally better,” Scaramucci said.

Yeah, I get the feeling he's the type you don't turn your back on, for fear of the large knife that would quickly be jammed in.

• Upvote 4

OMFG, another entry in the "you couldn't make this shit up" file: "Scaramucci quotes anonymous source on Russian hacking, then admits Trump was the source"

Spoiler

New White House communications director Anthony Scaramucci named President Donald Trump as the anonymous source casting doubt on the intelligence community's consensus that Russia interfered in the 2016 election during a CNN interview on Sunday.

"You know, somebody said to me yesterday — I won't tell you who — that if the Russians actually hacked this situation and spilled out those e-mails, you would have never seen it," Scaramucci told "State of the Union" host Jake Tapper.

"You would have never had any evidence of them, meaning that they're super confident in their deception skills and hacking," Scaramucci continued. "My point is, all of the information isn't on the table yet. But here's what I know about the president —"

"Well, wait, wait, wait," Tapper interjected.

"Let me finish. Let me finish," Scaramucci said, before letting Tapper cut in.

"Well, you're making a lot of assertions here," Tapper said. "I don't know who this anonymous person is that said, if the Russians had actually done it, we wouldn't have been able to detect it, but it is the unanimous —"

"How about it was — how about it was the president, Jake?" Scaramucci said. "I talked to him yesterday. He called me from Air Force One. And he basically said to me, 'Hey, you know, this is —maybe they did it. Maybe they didn't do it'."

Scaramucci's use and subsequent revelation of Trump as an anonymous source came as the administration continues to slam media outlets for using anonymous sourcing in stories unfavorable to the White House.

After returning from his first foreign trip abroad in May, Trump said in a pair of tweets, "Whenever you see the words 'sources say' in the fake news media, and they don't mention names ... it is very possible that those sources don't exist but are made up by fake news writers. #FakeNews is the enemy!"

Trump cast doubt on anonymous sourcing as recently as July 12, when he tweeted, "Remember, when you hear the words 'sources say' from the Fake Media, often times those sources are made up and do not exist."

In an interview with Tapper directly after Scaramucci's admission, Sen. Al Franken of Minnesota expressed his disbelief that Scaramucci unmasked the president as his anonymous source.

"I thought — when he brought it up, I thought it was a disinterested intelligence expert who brought that [anonymous leak]," Franken said.

Tapper then brought up how Scaramucci said Trump still didn't accept his own intelligence agencies' conclusion that Russia meddled in the 2016 election.

"That's — what can you say? It's just bizarre," Franken said.

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Scaramucci later clarified his statement, saying he was referring to his look and not Sanders's.

Tony honey, if the picture I saw of you on Friday is indicative of the makeup artist's work, you've already made yourself an enemy.

On 7/22/2017 at 5:22 PM, fraurosena said:

See how your face looks like you've been dipping into Trump's orange self-tanner, while your paler hand looks normal? Not a good look.

• Upvote 9

"New communications director moves toward possible staff purge at White House"

Spoiler

Anthony Scaramucci, the flashy financier President Trump hired to overhaul the White House communications operation, is exercising a broad mandate from the president and intends to follow through on threats to purge aides he believes are disloyal to Trump and leaking to the press, officials with knowledge of the fast-moving effort said Monday.

Just four days into the job, Scaramucci has moved into Trump’s inner sanctum and is now described by some colleagues as almost family to the president — in contrast to his predecessor, outgoing press secretary Sean Spicer, who was described more like the help.

In consultation with confidants inside and outside the administration, Scaramucci has begun undertaking an audit of the White House’s dozens of press and communications staffers. He is meeting one-on-one with aides in an effort to understand each person’s contributions and weed out those he determines are not working hard enough to defend the president through the crises besieging the White House, according to several of the officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive internal issues.

The potential shake-up has exacerbated long-simmering tensions between Scaramucci and chief of staff Reince Priebus, according to people familiar with the dynamic, despite the outward, if forced, public displays of unity between the two men.

Scaramucci has long complained to associates that some White House staffers have been more focused on managing the image of Priebus than on defending Trump and promoting his agenda. An informal list of names, including several officials who previously worked under Priebus and Spicer at the Republican National Committee, has been circulating among Scaramucci allies as those whose jobs may be in jeopardy.

One of Priebus’s deputies, Katie Walsh, was pushed out of the White House earlier this year, and Scaramucci’s planned overhaul is likely to leave Priebus even more isolated in the West Wing.

Scaramucci also has vowed to root out unauthorized leaks to journalists from White House officials — an issue that has consumed and enraged the president. Over the weekend, Scaramucci delivered an unusual public warning to the staff he is inheriting: If you are leaking, prepare to be fired.

“We’ve got to get the leaks stopped,” he said on “Fox News Sunday.” “If we don’t get the leaks stopped — I am a businessperson, and so I will take dramatic action to stop those leaks.”

Scaramucci did not respond to requests for comment for this story, but other White House officials, as well as outside Trump loyalists, described Scaramucci’s efforts so far. They said he is likely to move quickly to make changes, pointing out that the president has little patience for reading what one informal adviser called “reorganization stories” in the press.

Trump has empowered Scaramucci to make the changes that he sees fit, these people said. While the communications director traditionally reports to the chief of staff, Scaramucci reports directly to Trump.

Scaramucci said Friday that the aides whose jobs are secure — other than Sarah Huckabee Sanders, who was promoted to replace Spicer as press secretary — are Hope Hicks, the director of strategic communications, and Dan Scavino, the director of social media, both of whom have the top rank of assistant to the president and are personally close to Trump.

“Anthony’s extremely empowered,” said Bryan Lanza, a former Trump campaign and transition adviser. “The president deserves a top-tier communications shop, and with Anthony they get a top-tier talent to manage the communications shop. We’re going to see a communications shop that’s dedicated to pushing the president’s agenda and defending the president, and I can’t say that that’s always been the case.”

Trump respects Scaramucci’s financial success and his television performances, in which Scaramucci both defends and flatters the president while simultaneously charming and jousting with journalists, people familiar with the president’s thinking said. Trump has been especially taken by Scaramucci’s confidence and his biography as a Long Island kid who became a wealthy Manhattan player.

Inside the White House, the mood surrounding the shift from Spicer to Scaramucci has been mixed. Some aides are enthusiastic — “It’s a whole new day,” one said — and say Scaramucci is reinvigorating an embattled staff.

These aides also privately voiced good riddance to Spicer, an experienced operative who some viewed as a poor manager in a stressful environment. Some recounted with glee an anecdote published in the Wall Street Journal of Spicer stealing a mini-fridge from junior staffers working in the Eisenhower Executive Office Building and lugging the icebox to his West Wing office late one evening after many of his colleagues had gone home.

But other aides express immense sympathy for Spicer, believing he did the best anyone could have done given the sometimes impossible task of explaining the unexplainable, and performing every day for a critical boss who always believed he was his own best messenger.

The existential question for Scaramucci is whether he can truly change the chaotic environment in the White House, much of which emanates from the 71-year-old man in the Oval Office who shows little willingness to change his behavior.

“The majority of the communications problems have been caused by the president going off script and blowing up a well-planned message week with a single tweet, and it doesn’t matter who the staffers are in the communications office if the principals can’t get on the same page with the message and exercise some self-discipline,” said Ryan Williams, a Republican strategist. “Unlike every other staffer, maybe Anthony Scaramucci will be able to persuade the president to stay on message, but I’ll believe it when I see it.”

Scaramucci wants the communications shop focused on serving a single client — the president — and is looking outside of the White House to recruit new advisers with professional experience, especially on television. He is considering bringing on corporate communications specialists as well as people who have on-air experience, according to people briefed on his plans. Scaramucci has deep contacts at Fox News, where he was a paid contributor and hosted a weekly show on Fox Business Network.

Wayne Berman, a longtime Republican operative whose name has been previously floated as a possible chief of staff, is scheduled to meet with Scaramucci on Tuesday at the White House, according to a person familiar with the meeting.

Rather than try to develop a communications strategy that restricts Trump’s public comments and engagement with the media, Scaramucci is trying to help channel the populist and pugilistic instincts that propelled Trump’s candidacy.

“You can either adapt Trump into the presidency or you can adapt the presidency into Trump,” said Barry Bennett, a former Trump campaign adviser. “The latter is the only way it will ever work, and I think that’s what we’re seeing.”

Over the past two months, Spicer all but stopped allowing television cameras to record or broadcast the White House’s near-daily news briefings. The move was seen by some critics as a survival strategy for Spicer, because it meant the president could no longer critique his performances on television.

But on Monday, in one of his first acts as communications director, Scaramucci — who on the circuit of Sunday shows directly addressed the president through the television — reversed Spicer’s directive.

Turning to the president’s favorite medium of Twitter, Scaramucci declared, “The TV Cameras are back on.”

Okay, when they described Spicey as being treated like the help, all I could picture is him bringing a special pie to Agent Orange.  I'd pay to see that.

• Upvote 9

"Ode to a businessman entering the White House on a summer day"

Spoiler

“I’m a businessperson, so I will take dramatic action to stop those leaks.”

Anthony Scaramucci on “Fox News Sunday.”

“In response to concerns about conflicts with Chief of Staff Reince Priebus, Scaramucci asserted, ‘I’m a businessman, so I’m used to dealing with friction.’ “

The Daily Caller.

“Scaramucci said he intended to review the intelligence community’s evidence once he had his security clearance and pledged to give Trump his personal thoughts on the conclusions.”

Eli Watkins, “Trump still doesn’t accept intelligence conclusion on Russia,” CNN

I AM A BUSINESSMAN

(A spoken-word distribution of assets)

I am a businessman. I know profit and loss.

I enter the land of the bureaucrat. It is a place of squabbles and experts and no profit. I will end the squabbles, ignore the experts, and find the proper rate of return.

Others write memos. I broker ideas.

Others try to read the tea leaves. I buy the tea factory and turn it into condominiums.

The wounds are deep. I will bind the wounds and sell the used bandages as credit default swaps.

I am used to the uncertainty, the chaos, the shouting that turns other men meek. I may be losing my hearing.

I am a businessman who serves a businessman. That is, like, businessman-squared.

Pity those who have tried and failed to bring peace to the Middle East. I see the bids and asks across the Levant. I can spread the arbitrage from the Bosporus to the Khyber Pass.

Others bicker. I disrupt. Others cause friction. I smother all frictions with a kiss.

Others drown in the swamp. I wish them good fortune and move on. I order my staff to dredge the swamp for rare commodities.

I am an entrepreneur. I create from the nothingness. And then I borrow from that creation to create even more. I might be overleveraged.

I know how to wear a suit.

The tanks that are for thinking will bow before me, for I am a businessman and I can converse on television.

Others drown in the leaks. I see them as assets that must be rapidly depreciated.

I am an entrepreneur who serves an entrepreneur. We will rightsize the ship of state.

What does rightsize mean, exactly?

The liege I serve does more than mint coin. He is better than LeBron on the court, better than Brady on the gridiron, better than Betts on the diamond. He strides inside the Beltway like a colossus.

He does not only mint coin. He mints love. People love him. Some people love him. I will find the profit in that.

I am nothing without serving him. For I am a businessman serving a bolder, brasher businessman. He is not just a businessman, he is a brand. A beautiful brand that can be monetized. I am the brand whisperer.

I will solve everything. And then I will copyright it.

I am a businessman. I will make America great again. And then the swamp will feel foolish.

I believe in full transparency. I am as clear as water. You can see right through me. There is no depth.

There is only the brand.

Call me Mooch.

Yeah, I don't think Mooch is a great addition. Just one more snake.

• Upvote 3