IGNORED

Carlin and Evan 1: Front Hugging Before Courting

Coconut Flan

I've heard they front hugged in a recent episode, but they haven't announced a formal courtship yet?  What is happening with the Bates family rules? 

For some reason I'm not taken with Evan. 

Carlin and Evan.jpg

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two things:

1. It's possible that there is a courtship that just hasn't been announced (and smart money would peg very late May his year as the start date.) Same thing happened with BoRi (Bobby and Tori) - they started courting in late October/early November 2016, but it wasn't announced until February 2017. It's completely possible the same thing is happening here.

2. I'd like to make a motion that Evan forever be known as Fundie Zoolander. All in favor, say Aye!

Ugh, whenever I see Evan and Carlin I think of that relationship you have junior/senior year of highschool where everything is great and you're super "in love" and stuff but once you start college you're like byeee and break up cause you discovered he was not the guy you wanted...

I like that they front hug and all of that but I still don't see them being married at All.. but knowing them they probably will in less than a year * sigh*

33 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Same thing happened with BoRi (Bobby and Tori) - they started courting in late October/early November 2016, but it wasn't announced until February 2017. It's completely possible the same thing is happening here.

That is why I broke down and started the thread after the most recent request.  It looks like a courtship.  If it isn't a courtship it's as good as one in Carlin's mind at least.

36 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

'Snip '

2. I'd like to make a motion that Evan forever be known as Fundie Zoolander. All in favor, say Aye!

I like it fundie zoolander is perfect! Aye 

Fundie Zoolander! I loved that nickname. LOL.  Yes, I think this is a go for sure. (Thanks for making it Coconut Flan!) When she grabbed him coming out of the car like that I was like dude...front hug! This is the Summer of Love.  They could just announce it.  

She acted like she hadn't seen him in years when he showed up at the car wash. The whole time I was watching I was thinking man how long until the lust/excitement wears off but they're married with kids and stuck? 

I wonder if Gil and Kelly talked with her about when reality sets in, not that Carlin would listen anyway. The excitement will wear off and if she is not prepared, reality may hit her hard. I can't make any substantial opinions about the couple, they may be a good match. It is too soon to really tell because of the screeching of excitement.

I feel like Carlin and Evan are exactly what the whole pieces of your heart nonsense warns against.

They are head over heels obsessed with each other. I'm sure her expectations are  marriage. If he were to bail, she'd be devastated and definitely heart broken.

I still think they will get married, but they've definitely thrown caution to the wind and are no different that any other prudish Southern couple. Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't they always saying "I love you?" The fundie obsession with the physical is so strange. Emotional turmoil is far more devastated than sharing a kiss with someone who is no your husband. I get the no sex thing, but geez. 

I haven't seen any episodes featuring Evan and, of course, it is possible he really is in love with Carlin. Actually I hope they truly like each other and feel the same towards each other. However, I just can't stop thinking Evan is much more in love with himself and in the endless possibilities of famewhoring for tv than he is in Carlin. I mean, just look at that duck face and those shaved (?!?) eyebrows! He would be an awesome match to Lawson.

They better have a giant mirror when they get married because those two definitely like admiring themselves! :my_confused:

037dd165524935915dab3bc34b4c9ab5.png

Evan just makes me roll my eyes. I get it's supposed to be sweet but ugh!

Do we know anything about Evan? 

Kelly has said  there could be a Bates wedding this year. If Carlin and Evan started courting in May he could propose in September. They could be married in December. I don't think this will be a long courtship. 

I've been doing a deep dive in Carlin's IG because I'm bored at work and she is clearly smitten to the point of being obsessed with him. It makes me barfy when non-fundie couples say "you complete me" but when 19 year old fundies say it makes me want to go full Exorcist. You need to be a whole person on your own! 

I can't put my finger on it but I get strange vibes from Evan. Maybe it's just because he's so into himself or he seems so different from other fundie guys. The duck face and pink tank top scream more tinder/grindr than fundie. 

On 7/21/2017 at 2:22 PM, VBOY9977 said:

Ugh, whenever I see Evan and Carlin I think of that relationship you have junior/senior year of highschool where everything is great and you're super "in love" and stuff but once you start college you're like byeee and break up cause you discovered he was not the guy you wanted...

I like that they front hug and all of that but I still don't see them being married at All.. but knowing them they probably will in less than a year * sigh*

This!!!!

Also carlin and Evan are look alikes, almost as bad as David and Priscilla. And Davids' brother and sister in law. They look way too much alike for my comfort. 

The Bates are not anal about front hugs like the Duggars. I remember Michael saying she enjoyed giving full hugs to people. Alyssa front hugged as well. Erin was front hugged when she got engaged.

4 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

https://instagram.com/p/BW87-POAV6b/

speaking if these two.... They have the most annoying instagram posts lol

Is it bad of me that I assumed fundie Zoolander would have little to no hair on his legs? That picture certainlyshows otherwise lol. Based on his eyebrows I just assumed "shaver." :P 

I am not a big fan of Evan. I don't think these he is interested in getting married, I think he wants to be on TV. I think Carlin is going to have her heart broken again. He is just so smarmy. 

His whole family seems like attention seekers. His sister singing and all that. it's just weird.

Evan seems like that douchey college guy who has sex and doesn't give a shit if the girl has an orgasm or not cause he's too busy telling himself and his peeper how GREAT they were.

omg I know I've already ranted about Evan yall but DAMN

It's like with every photo the cheesiness and attention-seeking just gets worse with him!!
And Carlin is totally head-over-heels smitten with him, and weirdly (as i've previously stated) she likes the pretty-boy type like her brother Lawson....
ugh the pink tank top with hairy legs and nipples outlined?!??!
LOL can someone anonymously send him or Carlin a side-by-side photo of him and the guy from Zoolander? 
I would love to be a fly on the wall for that reaction....:pb_lol:
He also has slight chipmunk cheeks, so when he smiles his big old cheesy grin, his cheeks look smushed and it makes him look younger than he is.

I see Tori and Bobby getting married, and as a young about-to-be engaged couple, they seem fairly mature, and sort of "ready", if that makes any sense? at least in their world.

Evan has some serious growing up to do, also nobody cares your family has a musical band!!!
Do your own thing, seaprate to your family, like Bobby is doing (college, camp counselor, etc.), and maybe then you'll look less like a stay at home fundie pretty boy whose mommy and daddy have worshipped him all his life and is followed around by his adoring little girl cousins.

I think there is 50/50 chance that hearts will broken with these two. There will be drama, screaming, runny mascara, scrubbing of social media, and a metric f**kton of affirmational "Jesus luvs me even though my heart is broken" Instagram posts.

and who knows what Carlin will do.  : )

• Jellybean locked and unlocked this topic
  • Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived