IGNORED

RIP Chester Bennington (Linkin Park)

clueliss

TMZ and People are reporting that Chester Bennington of Linkin Park is dead of an apparent suicide.  

http://people.com/music/chester-bennington-dead-suicide/

Chester Bennington, lead singer of the band Linkin Park, has committed suicide by hanging, TMZ reports. He was 41 years old. Law enforcement officials tell the outlet that his body was found just before 9 a.m. on Thursday in a private residence in Palos Verdes Estates, a district of Los Angeles Country.

The rock frontman was a close friend of Soundgarden frontman Chris Cornell—who also committed suicide by hanging in May—and spoke at his funeral. Bennington’s body was found on what would have been Cornell’s 53rd birthday.

Linkin Park were one of the best selling alternative rock bands of all time, scoring a string of hits including “Faint,” “In the End” and “Crawling.” Their 2000 debut Hybrid Theory has been certified diamond by the RIAA, and they famously collaborated with JAY-Z in 2004 for the genre-melding EP Collision Course.

This one makes me really sad. Hybrid Theory was my first CD and I listened to it all the time in 8th grade and high school. 

Whatever happens after death, I hope Chester is at peace now. And I hope his loved ones are able to cope and heal with time. :( 

There are voices and bands that transcend generations and Linkin Park is one of those. It's incredibly sad to lose another great artist. Hopefully he is at peace now.

I'm so sad, he was such a kind, compassionate person. He was also incredibly talented, and over at Facebook lots of people are commenting how their songs saved them when they were suicidal. That's a good legacy and I try to find comfort in that, but it's just so damn sad.

Archived