IGNORED

Lori Alexander 25: A Wife Is a Good *Thing*

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lori mostly badgers young woman writes about the same handful of topics:

1) Pretending to love your husband even when you hate him.

2) Engaging in incredibly brief, lubed, and joyless sex with your husband even though you hate it.

3) Modesty (except for her on selected occasions).

4) This issue of 'understanding' how woman who aren't doing marriage correctly continually argue and fight with their husbands.

5) She 'nourishes' herself with salads and soups and knows the source of the ingredients. 

I know there are a few more, but does she not realize that she is describing for us all the details of her own pathetic life.  Not our marriages, Lori - - yours.  I do not have any of your marital problems, certainly not your bedroom problems, yet I still would never discuss the details of my marriage in a public forum.  Also, I dress more modest than you, Miss blue shirt but I'm fine with others dressing how they please.  If my husband looks, good on him - my ego is not so fragile and neither is our marriage.  Also, I eat much better than you, Lori.  I'm a pescetarian and I actually cook meals, bitch.  We never take photos of our plate.

Isn't it time for her to get some new material?  The same themes - like a broken record.

3 hours ago, NotQuiteMotY said:

23 hours ago, smittykins said:

(For some reason, this box regarding what their church's name would be came up blank.)

I vote Lady of Perpetual Lube.

Our Lady of Ten Minutes and Lube?

I'll get it...:brain-bleach:

9 minutes ago, So-Virgin-It-Hurts said:

[snip]

I know there are a few more, but does she not realize that she is describing for us all the details of her own pathetic life.  

[snip]

Isn't it time for her to get some new material?  The same themes - like a broken record.

There are just a handful of topics that she knows how to discuss. And she doesn't even do those well. It's mind-boggling that she has any supporters at all.

2 hours ago, closetcagebaby said:

As someone who just graduated high school a few years ago, I think it's a good thing Teen Vogue does articles like that. The more (correct and helpful) information that teen girls get, the better. If teens are having sex (and THEY ARE), they need to have information in order to properly protect themselves, and generally there are not a lot of outlets for good information. It's silly to think this is glamorizing anal sex. It's disappointing to think people would rather have a girl pressured into something she knows nothing about than enter her sexual encounters armed with facts and know how. 

Gotta admit, as a person in her mid fifties, I found it shocking at first that anyone would think teen girls need to know about anal sex in such detail. But then I remembered my own philosophy about sex ed for my teenager girls. It is "information is power." Just because I would not have thought of such a thing when I was a teenager, doesn't mean other girls couldn't benefit from such knowledge. And after all, the girls who are not interested are not going to read the article. The girls who may need the information will read it.

Lori is a beater.

Blogs about love but deletes comments she does not agree

Explains modesty but wears immodest clothing

Avoids the news but keeps up with blogging and gossip

Teaches submission but finds it easy to lecture and scold

Expects women to be frugal but buys costly food and items

Reads the Bible but teaches verses out of context

Yep, her rinse and repeat routine is boring the hell out of me.  I can't imagine how her readers are even remotely interested in hearing Lori say the same damn thing over and over again.  She's so negative and nasty.  I just can't with her right now...

OMG.  I'm indoctrinated.  I'm on Reddit right now in another tab reading through one of the forums and one of the post titles goes: "A big sad update......"  Skimming the page, my eyes ran over that line and brain immediately read:  "a big salad...."  

gaahhhhhh. Going to the country this weekend, I clearly need some off line and fresh air.  

:bangheaddesk:

Hahaha it's Mr. EW who can't handle the news here. He's also much more emotionally and relationally driven than I am. He's the John to my Sherlock. 

IMG_7376.PNG

Uhhhhh the news absolutely does affect me. Yes, lately it steals my fucking joy, but fuck you and your feelings oriented horseshoe Lori. ARGH! 

I hate that little wimmins are too emotional bullshit.

My emotions are my strength. Not a weakness. 

They are a feature -- not a bug.

Lori brags about being cold and unemotional but then claims she is emotional and feelings-oriented. She cannot have it both ways. Pick one, Lori. 

Emotions are good. 

Angry- made me push myself to do better.

Angry- makes me do things brave that I would not do in a passive state.

Angry- made me heal from years of abuse.

Sad- brings me compassion for others

Sad- makes me feel deeply hidden things sometimes.

Sad -Makes me feel better, brings me relief.

Courageous- made me call the RCMP for a suicidal friend in need in another province.

Curiosity- brings me knowledge.

Delighted -in small insignificant things that make me feel Joy. 

Love -am able to love my kids, and my husband (after years of hardship)

Strength- got me through much grief and loss

Determined- helps me get through things that are tough.

Disgusted - at Lori and her evil, vile hypocrisy. 

Disgusted- at Lori telling women it is okay to be in a positions of vulnerability and using emotions that could remove them out of said danger is bad.

Happy- Loverboy- oh it makes me happy.

Happy - when I learned the things I liked and keep them in my life no matter who or what says they are stupid. 

Happy- at my life and even though things were bad for so many years I learned it doesn't have to stay that way. 

Happy- that I am not Lori or anything like her. That makes me JOYFUL>DELIGHTED>and Content.

Feel free to add your own emotions. Because women are emotional don't ya know?

Wait. Emotions are bad; right?  We are to turn off our emotions and not let ourselves be ruled by them; right? 

But because the news makes us too emotional, we should avoid it??  

So.  Even though we are never to have emotions we are to avoid things that play on our emotions??  

^^ Is this Lori's reasoning? ^^

I love how she says she doesn't "watch" the news as if this makes her a more holier or moral person. OK, so you don't watch it, but do you read it? How on earth can you be online as much as she is and not see news pop up somewhere, especially on a facebook feed. 

How did she know about the Brad-Angelina divorce? There are a bunch of other moments she has blogged where its clear she is watching the news somehow. Or that's right, Ken watches and he reports all this to her. 

This notion that its better to keep your head in the sand and live in la la land is disgusting. Its no wonder these women are so out of touch. Can't watch the news, but they love watching other lives and reporting on them. Godly journalism. 

Ok...I've been holding back but...you have NO IDEA how much it bothers me to be called a "thing" in any way, shape or form. The darling parents used to tell me that they couldn't afford a baby so they went to the hospital and got a "thing called C (my first name)"

5 hours ago, louisa05 said:

What a lovely little thread that is...women bragging about how uninformed they are.

Ha,ha. I was just thinking the same thing.  They're bragging about their ignorance.

6 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Ok...I've been holding back but...you have NO IDEA how much it bothers me to be called a "thing" in any way, shape or form. The darling parents used to tell me that they couldn't afford a baby so they went to the hospital and got a "thing called C (my first name)"

(((((HUGS))))) to you!

1 hour ago, feministxtian said:

That is really terrible and sad and I'm sorry that happened to you. You are not a thing. You're you and you're so much more than your parents view.

15 hours ago, BlackSheep said:

Lori:

Lori takes Bible verses out of context, and she takes arguing out of context. Sometimes it's not enough to "state [your] opinion and then let it go without arguing [your] point".

If, for example, your husband (or wife!), is staying out all night without explanation, abusing drugs, or things along those lines, and you say, "Honey, please don't do [whatever]", and your spouse doesn't want to interact about that subject - that's a huge red flag.

A serious situation needs back and forth communication. Each one needs to express their side of it so that a solution can be found. Voices might be raised and tempers might flare. An argument doesn't necessarily mean that the wife is being a shrew and the husband is beleaguered. Maybe, maybe not.

You're so right about this!  All of it, not just the highlighted bit. 

I think the Bible teaches us to discuss with each other. Yes, it does teach us to try to live in peace with each other, but only to the extent that it's possible.  We should encourage each other towards greater godliness. We are told that our relationships are like iron sharpening iron, that we need to speak the truth to each other in love.  Wives are not excluded from this Christian responsibility. 

3 hours ago, feministxtian said:

What a horrible thing to say to a child.  I'm so sorry you had to grow up hearing that.  

2 minutes ago, onemama said:

What a horrible thing to say to a child.  I'm so sorry you had to grow up hearing that.

it got worse when we got the dog. She was a pure-bred German Shepherd...they thought it was great fun to tell me I was the only half-breed in the house. 

1 minute ago, feministxtian said:

it got worse when we got the dog. She was a pure-bred German Shepherd...they thought it was great fun to tell me I was the only half-breed in the house. 

Do you still have anything to do with those people?  

As for the half-bred comment, it's true for (pretty much) every single person.  We're all some blend or another. I'm part Spanish, part US-American.  My Spanish heritage is part barbaric. My US-American may or may not include Dutch, English and Native American blood.  Fun! Then I married a South-African born German, of French and German descent.  We think it's fun to try to figure out what we actually are!  

7 minutes ago, onemama said:

Do you still have anything to do with those people?  

As for the half-bred comment, it's true for (pretty much) every single person.  We're all some blend or another. I'm part Spanish, part US-American.  My Spanish heritage is part barbaric. My US-American may or may not include Dutch, English and Native American blood.  Fun! Then I married a South-African born German, of French and German descent.  We think it's fun to try to figure out what we actually are!  

The father died in 1998, I spent 7 years caring for the mother after her strokes. She finally died in 2012. That was 7 years of utter hell. 

The father was German, first generation born in the USA. The mother was Cuban, I was the first generation born in the USA on her side. 

13 hours ago, Fluffy14 said:

Thanks for that link Fluffy14, I just watched this video by Wade Burleson, who confirms that Scripture teaches what I believe it teaches about leadership. I wish Ken, Dave, Trey, Lori and the likes of them would be open to listen to him.  Leadership in the home and in the church is not one of ruling over, it is one of serving and considering the ones you are leading as above (more important than) yourself.  This video is worth the 30 minutes it takes to watch it. 

http://margmowczko.com/wade-burleson-christian-leadership-hebrews-13/  

In response to Trey's post urging wives to be always available for sex, and both Lori's and Debi's guilt-tripping wives into being sexually available all the time: 

https://weareezer.com/2017/07/03/on-demand-sex-wont-meet-your-husbands-needs/

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived