IGNORED

Lori Alexander 25: A Wife Is a Good *Thing*

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She wants everyone to suffer as she has and is suffering.

I am SO not a "thing". I mean what the hell is up with these women? The self-hatred is just so obvious

Why, oh why is it so hard for them to accept that women are people too, with the right to live an autonomous life, contributed more than babies to the world and be treated with respect? We are not blow- up dolls!

ugh, the world settled this about a 100 years ago!

I posted this on the tumblr

tabi.PNG.f322ae8d05567b2d82af5d8be2a19662.PNG

Yup, she deleted that! Can't be telling people that women can have lust problems too. This made too much common sense and so I was smart enough to capture it. 

and then that Thomas guys says

I am very blessed with a satisfying marriage. That is the way it should be.

What the hell is the point of comments like that? Does it help anyone or add anything? No shit that is how it should be.  

With the emergence of VR sex experiences and right to your door meal services, why would these men who believe women are "things" need a "thing"? Oh yeah, no one to trample on to inflate their egos.

In the previous thread, someone had screenshot a Lori post from Instagram (I think? I don't use Instagram...) which included a photo Lori had shared from a book about modesty. The pic was of a page talking mostly about "side hugs." Which is ridiculous enough, honestly. But there was also the start of a paragraph that intrigued me enough to seek out the book on Amazon to read more using Look Inside. (Which I had to google around to do because, at least from the screenshot, Lori hadn't credited the author or mentioned the title.)

The book is Modesty: More Than a Change of Clothes, by Martha Peace and Kent Keller, and it is bonkers.

The page Lori shared is from chapter 5: "Who are immodesty's best friends in the Old Testament?"

I'll pause a moment so you can wonder at how juvenile and condescending that chapter title is.

So, it turns out that immodesty's "best friends" are sensuality, shame, and seduction, in case you were wondering.

The chapter begins with "A word from Martha" and "A word from Pastor Kent" (note how he gets a title, and she does not). Martha's bit is all about how she had a best friend when she was a child in Atlanta. None of this has any relevance, except to eventually get to the point that best friends spend time together. (Like immodesty, sensuality, shame, and seduction do!!)

The side-hug bit that Lori shared is in the "sensuality" section. The two side-hug paragraphs are followed by a paragraph about a passage in Ezekiel. Lori's pic only showed the start of it. Here it is in full:

"The clearest picture of sensuality is found in Ezekiel 23:1-21. This is a metaphor of two women who have a sensual desire for men of royalty. This sensuality expressed itself in adultery and prostitution (another friend of immodesty, according to the Bible). They should have been faithful to their husbands, but they followed their sensual desires instead. The result of following through on this sensuality was consequences that were both spiritual and physical: shame and then death."

First of all, that is quite a leap, from side-hugging to prostitution and death! Yikes!

But let's look at that Ezekiel passage. It begins thus: "23 The word of the Lord came to me: 2 “Son of man, there were two women, daughters of the same mother. 3 They became prostitutes in Egypt, engaging in prostitution from their youth. In that land their breasts were fondled and their virgin bosoms caressed. 4 The older was named Oholah, and her sister was Oholibah. They were mine and gave birth to sons and daughters. Oholah is Samaria, and Oholibah is Jerusalem."

Even the modesty book acknowledged that this is a METAPHOR. "Oholah is Samaria, and Oholibah is Jerusalem." It is a political allegory, NOT an actual story about two sisters. But then the modesty book treats it like a literal story about women anyway. (And goes on about it for several more paragraphs.)

Most of all, I'm horrified at the casual reference to prostitution as a "friend" of immodesty, and having anything to do with sensuality. How about poverty? How about systemic gender inequality? The idea that someone must have chosen prostitution only because they just looooooooooove sexy sex is horrifying. (I acknowledge that there are many complex reasons and individual stories behind prostitution, but to leap to "sensuality" as the first and primary reason is truly bizarre.)

Lastly, look at that paragraph's first line: "The clearest picture of sensuality is found in Ezekiel 23:1-21." Dude, have you read the Song of Songs? Clearly, this chapter was written by someone who was looking for sensuality with *consequences* not sensuality with joy.

And this is just from that one page. Wow. Anyone want to start a thread on the book??

A little birdie sent me a comment that wasn't approved on yesterday's post. Just to show how vile they are. 

I can't hide them under spoilers from my phone. Could someone do this for me? 

Spoiler

IMG_7340.PNG

IMG_7341.PNG

IMG_7342.PNG

IMG_7343.PNG

IMG_7344.PNG

Lori wrote about women submitting again ... "your husband will want to see you in different states of undres" ... and you "should" ... yada, yada ...  What nonesense. All of it.  What trash and so unhealthy.   So I wrote freely and without concern: 

"Marriage is a two way street.  No man (or woman) would want another to do what they do not freely want to do.   Ladies, that's the sum of it:  Marriage is a two way street.  It is give and take and when it is take and take, walk down another street."

My comment was deleted and I am now blocked. 

I'm guessing the fb comments will soon be less interesting as Lori has already blocked so many.  I would have expected yesterday's posts to have had a ton of comments against them. She must not realize she can't go viral again if she blocks everyone.

I guess that could be changed to:

"If you're confident in the way you live your life, no one should be able to make you feel shame by posting pictures of you dressing immodestly, or posting quotes of you contradicting yourself or outright lying." 

Funny how that works...

Yet, Lori has to spend her days (and nights...and vacations) glued to her phone, lest pictures or screenshots leak out.

I hope Lori never is in a position where she needs compassion or understanding from others. Judging from this latest piece of doodle crap she is completely black and white in her thinking; she has nothing to offer anyone but hate.

Lori's new doodle reflects such a simplistic mindset. While people do bring shame upon themselves by doing what they know is wrong, shame can also come from how you are perceived. So, for example, if you feel you look great in your homemade prom dress, but someone points and laughs at you, yes you may feel embarrassed/ashamed. Shame is definitely something that can be applied to you by other people, even when it's not warranted.

It's also something that can come from within when it's not warranted, like a rape victim feeling ashamed, for example, or someone struggling with survivor's guilt.

One of the trickiest parts of knowing oneself is knowing when to trust your feelings and when not. Often, trusting one's gut is absolutely the right thing to do. But also often, insecurity makes us interpret things in the worst possible light, or overconfidence blinds us to arrogance.

Telling  her readers that if they do right they will never feel ashamed will likely make some of them, who are already too fearful of missteps, even more anxious when they do feel embarrassed or worry that maybe they should. Also, this mindset makes arrogant people like herself impervious to improvement.

I admit that I'm using the concepts of embarrassment and shame interchangeably here, which I think is pretty common usage. Maybe "shame" in this context is meant as something exclusively moral and more serious than mere embarrassment. But I don't think she's that sophisticated.

1 hour ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

She must not realize she can't go viral again if she blocks everyone.

That, and possibly driving away women with her creepy fan boys. Let's look at the recent numbers.

6 comments, 34 shares:

IMG_3808.thumb.PNG.63cdc2065857e78cb299b730242cf811.PNG

12 comments, 27 shares:

IMG_3809.thumb.PNG.83c54241add27b412094343f8713beb1.PNG

4 comments, 4 shares:

IMG_3812.thumb.PNG.d167c92493ddb1e007836f487744a210.PNG

11 comments, 46 shares:

IMG_3813.thumb.PNG.5139295d94648c00480d0d38261d9981.PNG

Meanwhile at The Activist Mommy, 25,075 comments and 186,878 shares. Lori needs to up the crazy to compete.

Spoiler

IMG_3814.thumb.PNG.d1071fa702a23755223f6635166c5694.PNG

On shame--- 

There is a lot of talk on men feeling lustful these days. You can hardly dress how you want without them feeling lust. WE are the ones who bring lusty thoughts upon ourselves.

11 hours ago, Chocolatedefrauded said:

Why, oh why is it so hard for them to accept that women are people too, with the right to live an autonomous life, contributed more than babies to the world and be treated with respect? We are not blow- up dolls!

ugh, the world settled this about a 100 years ago!

Women, as the saying goes, really do hold up half the sky. 

They are the ones who first wove textiles and made pottery. They are the ones who laid the groundwork for modern agriculture and horticulture. They are the ones who made baskets. They even brought art into the world (the Chauvet cave paintings, for example, were done by women). Never mind the fact that they also preserve and teach culture and pass down their skills to their offspring, ensuring each new generation is properly equipped to handle the challenges that face them.

Women helped build a foundation for civilization

Only misogynists want to deny that.

Just now, purjolok84 said:

I hope Lori never is in a position where she needs compassion or understanding from others. Judging from this latest piece of doodle crap she is completely black and white in her thinking; she has nothing to offer anyone but hate.

I have noticed the many fundamentalists ARE black and white in their thinking.  Have you ever noticed how they do not recognize a rhetorical question?  They try to answer it!   They never see "shades of grey" in anything.   I imagine this is how they are able to read, and accept, a literal Bible.   My guess is that this sort of "unthinking" begins early in chidhood in a home where questioning anything is simply not allowed.  Thoughts?

2 hours ago, Liza said:

Lori wrote about women submitting again ... "your husband will want to see you in different states of undres" ... and you "should" ... yada, yada ...  What nonesense. All of it.  What trash and so unhealthy.   So I wrote freely and without concern: 

"Marriage is a two way street.  No man (or woman) would want another to do what they do not freely want to do.   Ladies, that's the sum of it:  Marriage is a two way street.  It is give and take and when it is take and take, walk down another street."

My comment was deleted and I am now blocked. 

Welcome Liza! The FJers Blocked by Lori club is a vibrant community of women (and men? anyone?) with brains and good sense. I am an early member having been blocked over the holidays last December. 

Just now, BlackSheep said:

That, and possibly driving away women with her creepy fan boys. Let's look at the recent numbers.

6 comments, 34 shares:

IMG_3808.thumb.PNG.63cdc2065857e78cb299b730242cf811.PNG

12 comments, 27 shares:

IMG_3809.thumb.PNG.83c54241add27b412094343f8713beb1.PNG

4 comments, 4 shares:

IMG_3812.thumb.PNG.d167c92493ddb1e007836f487744a210.PNG

11 comments, 46 shares:

IMG_3813.thumb.PNG.5139295d94648c00480d0d38261d9981.PNG

Meanwhile at The Activist Mommy, 25,075 comments and 186,878 shares. Lori needs to up the crazy to compete.

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_3814.thumb.PNG.d1071fa702a23755223f6635166c5694.PNG

lolol.  Oh, thank you for this comment.  sooooooo true.   It is insanity! 

7 minutes ago, Liza said:

I have noticed the many fundamentalists ARE black and white in their thinking.  Have you ever noticed how they do not recognize a rhetorical question?  They try to answer it!   They never see "shades of grey" in anything.   I imagine this is how they are able to read, and accept, a literal Bible.   My guess is that this sort of "unthinking" begins early in chidhood in a home where questioning anything is simply not allowed.  Thoughts?

I could go on and on about this. At the Christian school I taught at, it was nearly impossible to make high school students understand satire or parody in lit class. They took it all literally. The curriculum helped out with the problem of not understanding how to interpret anything. Basically the study questions and materials that came with the lit curriculum (which was from A Beka and is popular among homeschoolers as well) led them to one and only one interpretation of everything. Questions would be phrased like this: "Is the character motivated in this situation by A or B? Explain why she is motivated by B."  In any other curriculum, high school students would be asked something like "Why do you think the character made the choices she did?". 

Surely Ken got some pushback on yesterday's sex post because of his declaration that 2 to 3 times a week was "God's prescription."  I am sure they refused to publish lots of comments. 

Spoiler

In fact, my comment was not allowed and all I wanted was a scripture reference. I am not yet blocked from the blog because I have a fake email and everything.  Also, Mary Esther does not comment much...YET.  She is going to get gradually more pushy.  Mary Esther has a plan.   Mwahahahahahaha.  

Anyway, I am always livid when he and Lori write their own version of the Bible. I wonder what they'll call their new church....

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived