IGNORED

Parents allege R Kelly had their daughters in R&B "cult"

Cleopatra7

Because the news wasn't full of enough weird, creepy news:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jimderogatis/parents-told-police-r-kelly-is-keeping-women-in-a-cult?utm_term=.iqA44w0Nz7#.ppLKKZXLNq

Since the women involved are adults and can join any sort of organization they want, there's not much that can be done from a legal perspective unless Kelly has done something demonstrably illegal. I guess we'll see how this story unfolds.

Ahhh I'm so glad you posted this. I hadn't gotten a chance to check yet. When I saw this pop up.

When I told Mr. FF, he said, "Well that's...unsurprising."

What struck me most was how gullible that one mom was, to let her young daughter go off and stay with him to be "mentored". That truly blew my mind- how much she believed because he had money and influence and contacts. At one point, she said no one told her RKelly's previous court cases were true until it was too late, that she'd been duped to believe his camp's PR spin. As a PR practitioner, that was sad and frustrating to me. There is almost always someone behind the message, whether the message is good or bad. (And if the message is bad, it's probably just less bad than things really are!)

Whooo this article has a lot in it. Just makes you want to bang your head.

65230ade2d8162a461d06f4b6e98cbb5.png

I don't get how he gets a pass from the general public after all he did, his previous cases, he's disgusting. 

Whenever a pop star tweets something offensive she gets huge backlash but this guy gets to go around abusing women and no one cares.

So he's been like this for as long as I been alive and the reasons are: Slut shaming culture (obviously not all african americans, but the amount of defense I've seen from BOTH men and women has been disgusting as they say "those girls were just coming on fast, they knew what buttons to touch" etc is something that is very prominent in the culture). Male dominance (he has a apartment at Trump Tower in Chicago) and as the orange fuckface said "when you're famous, they let you do anything". People shunned him for maybe 5 seconds and have allowed him back with open arms. It needs to end.

5 hours ago, freejugar said:

I don't get how he gets a pass from the general public after all he did, his previous cases, he's disgusting. 

Whenever a pop star tweets something offensive she gets huge backlash but this guy gets to go around abusing women and no one cares.

Chris Brown beat Rhianna, and other women, no,  gold-digging idiots, said they'd let him beat them too.

And we wonder why domestic abuse is so common.

2 hours ago, Jug Band Baby said:

Chris Brown beat Rhianna, and other women, no,  gold-digging idiots, said they'd let him beat them too.

And we wonder why domestic abuse is so common.

Chris Brown is a piece of shite (so is anyone that beats up women; or men, too, for that matter). I have zero respect for him; subsequently, I'm always surprised by all of the accolades/etc that he's gotten since.

Chris Brown is a piece of shite (so is anyone that beats up women; or men, too, for that matter). I have zero respect for him; subsequently, I'm always surprised by all of the accolades/etc that he's gotten since.

Ugh, me too. That makes me FURIOUS, that he's basically R&B's golden boy again. Johnny Depp too, whose former management company has just come out saying Amber Heard wasn't lying- and NOW people are starting to believe her. Please! If we don't lay down the law on men when women do everything right by what we were taught growing up, why would we expect women to come forward at all?

This was literally just on the news here in the UK. What a gross, creepy idea. I hope someone can help these women.

He denied it today... saw it at TIME... says he is "shocked" and dismayed about the allegations.

But, I mean, does anybody ever actually admit to such accusations? Would be wild to hear some nutcase fully confess to it all and take ownership of it. O_o

"J. said she’d heard about past sexual misconduct accusations against Kelly, but wasn’t overly worried."

Whats wrong with this woman??? Was she so blinded by fame that she forgot to care about her daughter's safety until it was too late??

Archived