IGNORED

United Airlines messed up again

47of74

Reason one million why I won't fly United.  

A teacher from Hawaii says she was forced to hold her 25-pound toddler on a recent United flight from Houston to Boston when a standby passenger was given his seat, even though she bought a ticket for her son, NBC News reported.

Kids two and over are required to have tickets on United flights, and Shirley Yamauchi purchased one for her 27-month-old son, Taizo. But when she told a flight attendant that the standby passenger was given a ticket for the same seat, the worker shrugged, Yamauchi said, leaving Taizo to fly in her lap.

I absoul fornicating lutely despise United at this point.  They are everything that is wrong with air travel these days. 

And she didn't get reimbursement for 5 days, until after this became a big deal.  So United was willing to double-charge for the seat, and add an additional person to the plane.  That makes me ask what other safety rules do they ignore?  I think the next plane crash in the US will be United.

It is disgusting how people are treated by this airline. If we didn't have social media to make a huge stink would this woman have received any sort of refund at all?

Any chance I can convince my employer to stop requiring us to fly United when for work trips?

I've worked at a resort forever. If a guest would check in and say the airline lost their luggage, I would always say "Oh, you flew United?" and they'd always say "Yes! How did you know?"

Archived