IGNORED

Russian TV chanel offers free plane tickets to get rid of gay people

AlwaysExcited

http://www.mambaonline.com/2017/07/03/russian-tv-channel-offers-plane-tickets-get-rid-gay-people/

Only in Russia.

homophobic television channel in Russia has cynically offered to buy one-way plane tickets for gay people to get out of the country.

The conservative Tsargrad TV channel (known as Constantinople TV in English) posted the offer on Facebook and on Russian social media site VK, via a video featuring host Andrei Afanasyev.

Accompanied by footage of Pride parades and a graphic of a pink unicorn, he says the proposal is in response to reports that the “liberal” state of California will help “Russian perverts” gain access to green cards to live in the US.

“We are ready to pay for a one-way ticket to anyone who plans to emigrate in complete earnest, and can provide a medical certificate proving that they are sodomites or have other forms of perversion.”

Wow. If I were a gay person in Russia I'd be scared to out myself. Especially to crazy ass homophobes. Also how the fuck would a medical certificate show you've had sex with a same sex partner? How do you medically prove that?

25 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Wow. If I were a gay person in Russia I'd be scared to out myself. Especially to crazy ass homophobes. Also how the fuck would a medical certificate show you've had sex with a same sex partner? How do you medically prove that?

Like some sort of mental health eval with the determination of "pervert"?

I started having misgiving about an ex-boyfriend from Russia when he said a couple men having sex together is wrong and should not be allowed, a couple women having sex together isn't the same and is okay since they don't have penises to stick in places, and that sex with animals is okay as long as the animal looks like it's not in any pain.  That started the end of our relationship.  Then he started cheating.  The end came the day he started donating to pro-prop-8 groups.  Most Russians I knew when we were together had the same mindset about gay people.  Not all, definitely not all, but an alarming percentage.  It's strange how sexual the Russian population was where I lived, the free sex where monogamy meant nothing, but so much homophobia.  If I were to have sex with a couple guys, that's not men having sex with men.  So there was a workaround.  

My Russian grandmother is also anti-gay, but I used to think she was an anomaly.  (I don't identify as Russian.)

On a side note, there's currently an ad at the top of the page that says "Follow The Rainbow to Rainbow Depot, your virtual gay shopping mega-mall". That's the first time I can remember seeing this ad on this site, & I found it highly amusing that it shows up while perusing this thread.

Loved how it showed up at the proper time.  ;) 

On 2017.07.6. at 6:20 AM, HarryPotterFan said:

You don't. But there are countries like Egypt, where things like forced anal exams exist. They are inaccurate AF and complete bullshit, mostly used to humiliate people (because of you get arrested for being gay in these countries, you are screwed no matter what). 
As for using homosexuality as mental health diagnosis - Soviet Union did that all the time. Some guys avoided going to army that way. Others ended up in mental health hospitals or Gulag. 

• 7 months later...

Only in Russia: Part two. https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2018/02/19/video-says-russians-will-be-forced-to-live-with-gay-people-if-they-dont-vote-in-the-presidential-election/

Spoiler

The advert, uploaded to YouTube ahead of the presidential election next month was posted with the caption: “What will happen after March 18, 2018?” 

The video opens with footage of a man dismissing his wife’s concern about remembering to wake up to vote the next day, saying: “As if they won’t elect someone without you.”

In his dream, he is then woken up by three military officers, who inform him that compulsory military service has been expanded from the age of 27 to now include 60-year-olds.

Dismissing the army officers at the door, the man then goes into his kitchen to discover a stereotypically gay man filing his nails with a rainbow coloured emery board.

The man questions the man and asks his wife why he is in his house, to which the gay man replies: “I’m a gay on a homestay.”

His wife then informs him that under a new law, Russian families are forced to take in gay people who have been abandoned by their partners or families.

She adds: “If he can’t find anyone, you will have to be his partner.”

The tattooed gay man then provocatively eats a banana, adding to the man’s shock and horror.

The video continues to say that by not voting, Russians are at risk of incredibly high risks of inflation, as a young schoolboy asks his father for an allowance of four million rubles (approximately £50,000).

Bizarrely, the video also shows that the man’s nightmare includes heavily restricted time in the toilet.

The video continues to say that by not voting, Russians are at risk of incredibly high risks of inflation, as a young schoolboy asks his father for an allowance of four million rubles (approximately £50,000).

Bizarrely, the video also shows that the man’s nightmare includes heavily restricted time in the toilet.

The video, which reportedly features professional actors, does not appear to have been uploaded by any official Russian body or campaign.

Outspoken critic and journalist Ksenia Sobchak criticised the video, calling it an ‘incitement to hatred.’

Speaking to The Guardian, she said that: “to expose LGBT people to a threat in a homophobic country, this is no joke.”

Russia’s election committee said to The Guardian that it had no involvement with the video.

Many of the opposition in Russia have called for a boycott of next month’s election.

• 1 month later...

Archived