IGNORED

Joe and Kendra 3: Running Toward Marriage

Coconut Flan

10 hours ago, Snarkangel Gabriel said:

Claire's accessories on a wedding registry? You have to be joking? Or maybe just JoeKen?

Maybe for his little sisters? Like she's shopped with them and they've (innocently at that age) said "you'd look so pretty in your wedding with these earrings?" I could see that kind of thing.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kendra und Joe is a bad JoKe(n) to me!

They seem like a cute teenage couple that experiences their first kiss and first intimacy together without any rules and just enjoy each other's company. When they go to college, only time can tell if the two sweethearts still work together or not.

But these two getting married? They will be content with each other but they are by far not ready for the committment of marriage- the only thing they seem committed to is a new season of Counting onl.

I just watched a video on FB of a couple at their wedding playing the mrs/mr game (pretty cute) and so sad that most of the duggar's would never even be able to answer half those questions when they get married.... just really shows how much they really know each other.

It just came to my mind: out of all the Bates and Duggar family members, Kendra Caldwell might be the first teen mom. Even Alyssa Bates wasn't a teen mom short by only a few months. Joy will miss it by a few moths as well. Kendra will start a trend of married, fundie teen moms, just like the the British "my fat gypsy wedding".

6 minutes ago, Marly said:

Wasn't Ben a teen dad though?

No. Ben turned 20 about 6 months before Spurgeon was born.

Soliciting strangers who follow you on Instagram to purchase items from your brother's wedding registry? There are no words.

I think if I had been putting together a wedding registry as a teenager I probably would have put some weird shit on there that would have seemed like absolute essentials. I just can not wrap my mind around feeling ready to make a lifelong commitment at eighteen. It gives me the wiggins! 

20 minutes ago, Screamapillar said:

Soliciting strangers who follow you on Instagram to purchase items from your brother's wedding registry? There are no words.

This is disgusting. All i see is "BUY US THINGS BUY US THINGS BUY US THINGS"

I understand sharing your registry with friends and family and wanting people to purchase things so you can start wedded life prepared... But why complete strangers? They just know some nutty fan will use their money to buy something off the registry.

On 6/30/2017 at 11:26 AM, JMO said:

Any educated guesses yet on a wedding date? Anyone with clues gleaned from social media?  I'm guessing Labor Day weekend but that's just a guess. 

No way would they compete with the Bontrager triple fundy wedding extravaganza !! Half the fundy world [including Mennonites!] will be attending.

[according to the Bontrager website, the Bower-Bontrager double wedding will be the Friday of Labor Day weekend, and then the other Bontrager son will marry that Saturday, in a church.]

I think October 7 is the actual wedding date because the Show returns in October.

Is this Joy's first encounter with an angry comment section?

11 minutes ago, JoyJoy said:

I think October 7 is the actual wedding date because the Show returns in October.

Oh, I hope not.  Mr. Idolatry and I were married on October 7 (in a godless, heathen ceremony at a winery-it was awesome).  I really don't want to have to share that date with a child bride and her Duggar husband. 

Umm no...the sex is probably amazing by now, not the marriage. Sorry folks, I'm trying not to hate but this all seems so rushed. I felt the same way with Josh back when he got engaged. Ok with Jessa, Jill, and Jinger, with their husbands of a questionable nature.  Still coming to terms with Joy. But Joe and Kendra....?

Parts of their wedding registry seem normal to me from friends/family that have gotten married.  Power too!s, sleeping bags, kitchen stuff.   However, the water system, socks, the never ending gift cards, are odd to me.  But then again, when hubby and I registered for our wedding, we mostly registered for stuff we really needed.  There were a few silly items in the registry (case of diet coke, video game system, pregnancy tests).    We only got the diet coke out of the silly stuff.  

On 7/10/2017 at 0:36 PM, eveandadam said:

It just came to my mind: out of all the Bates and Duggar family members, Kendra Caldwell might be the first teen mom. Even Alyssa Bates wasn't a teen mom short by only a few months. Joy will miss it by a few moths as well. Kendra will start a trend of married, fundie teen moms, just like the the British "my fat gypsy wedding".

She'll have to get pregnant right away for that to happen. These are the Duggars, so we'll see. Kendra's turning 19 next month, I believe.

I personally think the wedding date of October 7th is wrong. The engagement will be a month longer than all the Duggar engagements. The average Duggar engagement is 3 months.  I feel like the wedding will end up being on September 8th or 9th. I could be wrong of course :)

Can someone confirm Kendra's birthday for me? It's August 18, 1998, right? And Austin's is December 13, 1993? Thanks 

5 hours ago, JoyJoy said:

Is this Joy's first encounter with an angry comment section?

The original date on the registry was 9/1. I have a feeling that this is likely the real date. Duggars know better than to release real life information out there like that. 

12 minutes ago, marmalade said:

The original date on the registry was 9/1. I have a feeling that this is likely the real date. Duggars know better than to release real life information out there like that. 

I thought the original date was 9/8?  Joy and Austin admitted that the wedding date listed on their registry  was not the real date. Jinger and Joy's wedding dates were leaked, so why not release the real date?  

If Joe and Kendra do get married in September, I predict the 23 or 30. Closer to the new season. 

While I wouldn't be surprised if the real wedding was in September, remember that this is the first Duggar wedding in a while in which the bride isn't the Duggar. Kendra's family may have more input and could have convinced her to give herself more planning time. I also feel like Josh and Anna's engagement was also longer than 3 months, but I don't really remember. Can anyone confirm?

3 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

While I wouldn't be surprised if the real wedding was in September, remember that this is the first Duggar wedding in a while in which the bride isn't the Duggar. Kendra's family may have more input and could have convinced her to give herself more planning time. I also feel like Josh and Anna's engagement was also longer than 3 months, but I don't really remember. Can anyone confirm?

If I remember correctly, Josh proposed to Anna on her 20th birthday. So yeah, the engagement was still around 3 months since they were married in late September.

14 minutes ago, anaandrade said:

If I remember correctly, Josh proposed to Anna on her 20th birthday. So yeah, the engagement was still around 3 months since they were married in late September.

I stand corrected! Thank you.

"Buy used and save the difference" doesn't apply when you're trying to grift expensive shit from your leghumper followers.

I always knew the Duggars had no shame but this is something else.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived