IGNORED

Joe and Kendra 3: Running Toward Marriage

Coconut Flan

She dresses pretty simple so I gues the princess dress is out sadly.  I think she will go more like Pricilla.  I wish she would go more like Jessa's that would be fitting for a child bride.  I still love Jessa's dress.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Darwinesque said:

I'm 39 and I have a number of animal furry notebooks and pom pom key rings on my car keys. It gets worse as I get older.

I am almost 21 and my keychain is still a beanie boo pink lemur called Ernesto that i got when i was 12 :pb_lol:

17 minutes ago, JillyO said:

She's 18. I think she'll turn 19 in August if I'm not mistaken.

18 going on 14.

7 hours ago, karen77 said:

That's where I'm deriving it from :)

The casting breakdown for that one had us in stitches, I remember that one. Wish I'd kept a copy - can't remember the wording, but it was hilarious.

I went to Amazon to order the feline headship's favorite treats, and what was fron and center on the page? Joe and Kendra's registry? Fuck you, Amazon!

21 hours ago, KnittingOwl said:

Any chance it's a fake registry? The gift cards and some of the other items seem really strange. 

Jill and Jessa registered for gift cards.  Jessa registered for cereal! Joy registered for hiking boots. They will put anything and everything on their registry.  

Looks like Joe probably got the engagement idea from his sister Jill. Jill was a bridesmaid in her brother in laws wedding in November, and look what happened there! 

I finally watched Joy's wedding yesterday, and right after the proposal Joy is looking at someone off to the side and saying, "We stole the idea from you!" I didn't notice who she was talking to at the time.

Now I'm picturing JillyMuffin annoying Joe until he went through with it lol.

I wonder what color scheme counts as a 'fall wedding'. Maybe all the bridesmaids will have mustard cardigans.

On July 1, 2017 at 6:25 AM, hollywood said:

I feel weird about Kendra and Joe. It seems like Kendra has a crush on him and he thinks she is pretty but I'm not really seeing the "love" there.

I can see it, but I've been wrong before. They looked very tender together when they hugged at the wedding. The way she said his name sounded genuinely affectionate.

The only one that didn't seem thrilled about her partner was Jessa, but I think she and Ben have common values, and she values him as a social collaborator. She is flippant all of the time, so maybe she really was thrilled, but doesn't express it as obviously as the other girls. Jill gushes, Jinger drools, Joy writes love notes, Anna genuflects, and Jessa is just Jessa. She shows affection by praising him on IG and biting her tongue when he sounds like an imbecile. I guess that counts. 

I thought all of the couples had "chemistry" in the beginning of their courtships. None of them can act, so I don't think they're faking their affection for their spouses. Jill and Derick have lost the gushies for each other because that's what happens when you marry a stranger, have a major family scandal, lose your cash cow TV show, move constantly, are pregnant 18 of the first 36 months, and have a husband who out-pukes you, even though you're the pregnant one. They have legit reasons for being a little worse for wear.

6 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I finally watched Joy's wedding yesterday, and right after the proposal Joy is looking at someone off to the side and saying, "We stole the idea from you!" I didn't notice who she was talking to at the time.

Would Deena and Dan be there? If so, I guess it was to Deena. 

18 minutes ago, wikinggirl said:

Would Deena and Dan be there? If so, I guess it was to Deena. 

think I saw them there, but I honestly wasn't paying enough attention. I'm usually watching the show in the background while I colour.

2 hours ago, singsingsing said:

think I saw them there, but I honestly wasn't paying enough attention. I'm usually watching the show in the background while I colour.

They do pretty much invite every single person they've ever talked to (Hi Jill R, I'm looking at you!) so they were probably there.

7 hours ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

Jessa is just Jessa. She shows affection by praising him on IG and biting her tongue when he sounds like an imbecile. I guess that counts. 

I think Jessa and Ben are like Lizzie Bennet and Darcy. Where they seemed incompatible at first but then once they spent more time together realized they were good for each other. And while it has the feelings of an old time arranged marriage, whatever arrangment they have seems to work for them. 

11 hours ago, KelseyAnn said:

I think Jessa and Ben are like Lizzie Bennet and Darcy. Where they seemed incompatible at first but then once they spent more time together realized they were good for each other. And while it has the feelings of an old time arranged marriage, whatever arrangment they have seems to work for them. 

Nailed it. 

16 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Haha! That's how I watch. Usually cleaning the blinds and windows, doing some online shopping, or sketching. 

I need to catch up on the new season.

Joe and Kendra area like awkward 6th graders with a first crush from the photos I've seen.  But I think they will do fine--common values carry you thru a lot.

Big question:  Will there be Bates kids in the wedding? Erin banging on the piano? Lawson singing? Hmmmmmmm

One the wedding colors: Mustard cardigans!! Yes, with different "Fall" colored skirts and blouses. lol...

I suppose Joe and the MEN will wear those stupid suspenders and bow ties. After all it's Kendra's only trip to the Prom--she should get what she really, really wants.

On the wedding registry--I've seen stuff like that from friends' kids too. Nothing shocking. A "Honeymoon Fund" box at one and even a discreet "Student Loan Fund" box at another--well hidden and really meant only for family. It got them a month off payments while on honeymoon.

Clothes--hmmmm. Maybe she wants a normal modest swim suit for the honeymoon? Sort-sleezy undies?  Maybe Joe wants boxers?  I'd think a gift card to Babies R Us and Old Navy's Maternity section would be the most appropriate.

I'm pretty curious about how this wedding will look. Typically, the bride's family has more of a say; will we get another 1k+ guest list? Will Cindy or Sierra be the wedding planner? All of the Duggar wedding's have had a similar vibe, except for Jinger (and I think that's is partially due to Jermey's family having a more active role). It's been almost a decade since a Duggar boy has gotten married, that has to put quite a bit of pressure on Joseph.

More than anything though, I wonder where they'll honeymoon. I definitely was surprised at Jostin picking Switzerland. 

Ya know, for a young couple setting up a household, they don't have a lot of basic stuff on their registry.  You couldn't run a kitchen on the stuff there (not that Duggar women seem to cook) Half of it is restaurant gift cards. They are probably also registered at Wally World and other places. I would also hope that if this is a fake registry that the family would have contacted Amazon by now.

On 6/30/2017 at 11:13 PM, KnittingOwl said:

Any chance it's a fake registry? The gift cards and some of the other items seem really strange. 

If it is, the people who made it are geniuses. Think of all the humpers who want to buy them gifts-in the name of Jesus. I kind of want it to be a fake registry now lol Oh that's bad. I might need time in the prayer closet. 

On 05/07/2017 at 2:02 PM, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Clothes--hmmmm. Maybe she wants a normal modest swim suit for the honeymoon? Sort-sleezy undies?  Maybe Joe wants boxers?  I'd think a gift card to Babies R Us and Old Navy's Maternity section would be the most appropriate.

Seeing as she's marrying into the Duggar family, maternity gifts are appropriate, but they usually have baby showers. Also we don't know what kind of a headship Joe will be, perhaps he'd like to see her in pants. Plus if she's been wearing hand me downs and sharing with siblings, she may appreciate buying new clothes that are just for her.  Maybe gift certificates for places that also have a maternity section?

I definitely think these fundie daughters should get gift certificates to a good lingerie store that includes a proper bra fitting, especially once they are pregnant and breast feeding. I doubt they know what a brand new well fitted bra feels like. With all those hormones, they must experience a great deal of breast discomfort and size fluctuation, and it would be nice for them to feel comfortable and supported.

Claire's accessories on a wedding registry? You have to be joking? Or maybe just JoeKen?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived