IGNORED

Amanda Knox on Netflix *Possible Triggers discussing a violent crime*

drivingmishcrazy

Hey all, I didn't see a thread about this one so I took the liberty. Mods if I just missed an existing thread, I apologise.

Anyone else catch this documentary yet? What did you all think of it? Truthfully I only vaguely remember the crime when it happened and didn't really know specifics about the crime. I knew supposedly Amanda was "weird" and the Italian police were criticized as being incompetent. When I looked up details after release I thought some of the things they did in the investigation were really odd and it seemed like they were just trying to make things fit because they wanted Amanda and Raffelle to be guilty.

The documentary was interesting, really well made, IMO. Watching Amanda Knox and hearing her talk, seeing her expressions, I actually feel more sympathetic towards her. She's "off" but not murderer "off" IMO. She strikes me as someone like me, uncomfortable socially, awkward, easily stressed out, naive and at times easily "led" with questions. But that's just my opinion and there's always a chance I'm projecting.

If you haven't checked this out yet, definitely give it a look. Just be warned, there is footage of the crime scene and considerable discussion of it, so if violence and gore upset you, you might want to skip or proceed with caution.

I read the court papers (there's a website with the English translations, I'll post the link if I can find it). My opinion is that it was a miscarriage of justice, if she weren't a beautiful white American girl she would still be in jail.

Usually you don't see that much leniency displayed for a murder case. People at the time of the first acquittal said that then Secretary of State HRC took the trouble to say the right things to the right ears. Just rumors and speculations of course but that many considered them plausible says a lot about the perceived corruption of our system, the reputation of the US and the general opinions about Knox.

What pisses me though is that Knox did a lot to be a the centre of a continuous flow of information and gossip and little by little this whole case stopped to be the prosecution of the suspected murderers of Meredith Kercher and became the Amanda Knox show. Journalists and talk shows stopped talking about Meredith to concentrate the whole mediatic attention on Amanda.

The other thing that pisses me off is when she plays the innocent little saint. She was sentenced as guilty of the very serious crime of trying to incriminate innocent (as she knew he was) Patrick Lumumba. The fact that she could coldly think to fabricate information to incriminate an innocent man to avert the inquiry from herself speaks volumes about her personality. Imo she also chose with malice a man that was a black immigrant with not much of a past in Italy to speak on his behalf, an easy target. Of course it wasn't Knox fault if the press immediately depicted him as a rapist and a murderer, but still. Luckily for him he had a solid alibi.

Another thing that didn't endear her to the public opinion here was crying persecution from the Italian judiciary system, the media an the jail system and so on. Believe me she wasn't persecuted, I am well aware that our system can resemble an inferno, it just wasn't different for her than for anybody else. 

I highly recommend this link

http://themurderofmeredithkercher.com/Primary_Sources

• 1 month later...

I still don't know. I recently watched a documentary on ID channel I think. Something is off. If she did do it, she definitely wasn't alone. The way she speaks sounds like she's hiding something. There's just something I can't put my finger on. But I'm also having a hard time believing that she's responsible. Then again the interview I watched was after she just got out of prison. Prison changes people. 

I have no problem believing Cassie Anthony killed her daughter. But Amanda Knox is an enigma to me. At least for now. She hasn't given that many interviews and it's too soon to tell what kind of a person she really is.

I live in Seattle and have had the "opportunity" of coming face to face with this piece of work.  There is NOTHING in her eyes. NOTHING at all. She is a privileged white girl who very likely (in my personal opinion) got away with at least assisting/covering up and gives ZERO fucks about the victim, her family; or pretty much anyone other than herself. She is egocentric, entitled, and a waste of space - much like Casey Anthony.

Just last week she went ton TV to say the crazy psychopath who pushed her boyfriend to commit suicide and sentenced for involuntary manslaughter (http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/16/us/michelle-carter-texting-case/index.html) was unjustly prosecuted. BITCH you did not... I wish she never knows peace, and hope karma keeps biting at her. 

Again, all my personal opinion here. 

I live in Seattle and have had the "opportunity" of coming face to face with this piece of work.  There is NOTHING in her eyes. NOTHING at all. She is a privileged white girl who very likely (in my personal opinion) got away with at least assisting/covering up and gives ZERO fucks about the victim, her family; or pretty much anyone other than herself. She is egocentric, entitled, and a waste of space - much like Casey Anthony.

That is so interesting that you've seen her in person! I have been interested in this story from the beginning and I'm going to check out your link and the one above.

I don't have Netflix. Is there a way to see the documentary somewhere else?

• 3 weeks later...

I watched this documentary. The premise is that she was persecuted for being a pretty, promiscuous young American who behaved strangely when she was arrested and interrogated.

I think she is innocent. The people who don't think she is innocent never have any proof or solid reasoning. It's always too vague to convince me.  What would her motivation have been?

• 11 months later...

I always felt the prosecution liked focusing on alleged, salacious details that had nothing to do with the murder case. He was alleged to have portrayed her as a deadly temptress who killed Meredith in kinky sex games gone wrong. I admit I shut down at that thinking yeah in your dreams buddy. I think her courtroom demeanor was cringe worthy and probably very hurtful to Meredith's family. That doesn't make her a murderer. 

Archived